Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #881
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

I'll have to check my messages again.

PS: Bright is so much better than dim.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #882
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

I played a Wii for the first time today, and it was awesome. I had a lot of trouble controlling it at first, and I still have some issues with it, but it was so fun. I can't wait for that day 2 weeks from now when I'll finally get one.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:24 AM   #883
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Seth, how are you so good at boxing? I'm so terrible at it. The one time I get a chance to actually hit him (once his guard is down), I swing and it goes like three feet to his left, which leaves me wide open for him to WRECK ALL EIGHT BARS IN ONE HIT.

I'm already a Pro in it, so I don't really care, but I'm just wondering why it's so difficult for me and not for you.
Duck and move Squeek, duck and move! lol. I don't know what I'm doing different to be honest. I usually dodge, get a bullet time effect then plant one on the chin. It took me a while to figure what direction you punch to make the guy punch the way you want him too. It doesn't seem that difficult though, maybe more practice with the trainer?

Zelda is amazing. I knew it was going to awesome but it still surprised me with how much more awesome it turned out to be.

I took my Wii down a mates house yesterday to show him the big fuss. We played Wii sports all day like. It kicked so much ass. Even his Sister and Mum were playing. I finally worked out how to play Tennis right. We played Bowling the most, it's just so much fun.

Last edited by SethSquall; 12-11-2006 at 05:28 AM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #884
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Honestly, Bowling and Tennis are the two best games on that. I'm like 1,400 in Tennis now and 1,300 in Bowling. Then again, it's not hard to increase your rank in those two games. Then again, I DO have Gold in all three training modes for those two games.

I CANNOT WAIT to get WarioWare. That's the best multiplayer game I have ever seen. I'm going to pre-order it as soon as I get back from my little trip to my cousin's house for christmas.

My thanksgiving showcasing to my cousins worked well, but that wasn't to all of my cousins. Unfortunately, I can't get a room to play this where there's a lot of traffic, so not a lot of people will see it.

Here's hoping I get my order from DeepDiscount before I leave for that trip. But if I don't, meh.

Working on plans to get Elebits in case Trauma Center doesn't ship on time. I just don't know. I want it, but I want it for under $50. So far I only know of two places selling it for under $50 with no shipping, but one is 49.87 and the other is a Google Checkout thing which I cannot figure out how to work.

If anyone has used Google Checkout, care to tell me how it works?

ps - deepdiscount is selling the metal slug anthology for $39 flat. No shipping, no tax. If it's $50 in the stores with tax, consider them.

Last edited by Squeek; 12-11-2006 at 11:55 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:51 AM   #885
SethSquall
FFR Player

I might be getting Monkey Ball today. Depends on when my dad gets back with the car. I hope I can. I really want to play Monkey Target so bad. I was playing the gliding game thing is Hyrule lake and it reminded me of how much I love Monkey Target.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #886
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Elebits came out today and I know some of you are getting it so make sure you tell me what it's like.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #887
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Elebits came out today and I know some of you are getting it so make sure you tell me what it's like.
I found Elebits to be very entertaining. The amount of objects you can move in the game is staggering. It's a great showcase for the Wii remote functions.

Last edited by cC@Zz; 12-12-2006 at 04:35 PM..
cC@Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #888
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Do you actually have it, or are you referring to the videos?

Because I've seen the videos.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #889
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Do you actually have it, or are you referring to the videos?

Because I've seen the videos.
One of my friends has the game and I played it over at his house today.

I'm going to buy it myself later today or tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #890
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Well, I just beat Red Steel.

Seriously, once I got the controls down, the game was awesome fun. Swordfighting was really awesome, but sometimes it felt like it was excessive. As one poster in another forum put it "Why can't I just shoot him =/" Then again there is that whole honor thing involving swordsmen. Eh.

Gunfights, like I said, felt incredibly like those arcade shooters. You move around hallways and such and come to a big room. Well, you know what's coming, so you find / make cover. They do exactly what they should. They pop out when they think they have a nice shot and take the shot. They don't pop out the same way each time. They move if they're under heavy fire and can get away.

All in all, it was pretty good. Might be useful to know some basic Japanese when playing because they do not translate it.

I would recommend this as a rental, unless you think you can get a lot out of multiplayer. I hear it's amazing, but have yet to try it. The single player took me almost exactly nine hours total.

That makes 2/3 of my beatable games completed. Trauma Center can't be shipped fast enough... and then I have to order Elebits. Then WarioWare. I have a busy January ahead of me.

Then again, Monkey Ball is really, really, really hard. To unlock the last two stages, I have to beat the first eight without using a continue. It's not easy.

Edit: 2,000,000 Wiis have been sold. This is according to http://www.vgcharts.org/ , which I consider much more reliable than http://nexgenwars.com/

Woo! This is a little under a third of all Xbox 360s sold so far and it's only been out for less than a month. Roflroflrofl

Last edited by Squeek; 12-13-2006 at 10:11 AM..
Old 12-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #891
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Whereas the NexGenWars numbers are merely a by-product of a seventeen-year-old's prediction of the real numbers.

Let's just agree that nothing is reliable =)
Old 12-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #892
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:

Edit: 2,000,000 Wiis have been sold. This is according to http://www.vgcharts.org/ , which I consider much more reliable than http://nexgenwars.com/

Woo! This is a little under a third of all Xbox 360s sold so far and it's only been out for less than a month. Roflroflrofl

It's starting to look like the Wii is going to be the top selling next-gen console.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:32 PM   #893
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Holy crap. Ok, so I beat Zelda and I've almost 100%d it. I beat Red Steel and have no interest in 100%ing it (requires straight As on all stages. Not going to happen).

I pop in Monkey Ball again. I unofficially beat the game. I say unofficially because here's what happened.

There are 8 worlds. The boss of the game lies on world 8. However, there are really 10 worlds. To unlock world 9, you have to beat each world without using a continue. So far, I've beaten the first four without using a continue. Four more to go and somehow I see myself going crazy doing this. Then I have to beat world 9 without using a continue to unlock world 10.

Of course, this isn't all. After that, I have to collect every banana in every stage in every world. Believe me, this sucks, even with their somewhat easier collection mechanism where any banana you get before going into the goal is counted toward the total and you do not need to get it again.

As if that weren't hard enough, the final thing to do is locate all of the hidden bunches of bananas on every stage in every world. I say "hidden" because THEY'RE INVISIBLE. AND IN HARD-TO-REACH PLACES.

Let's put this in perspective. I happen to know where world 3 stage 5's hidden bananas are because even the guys who literally own the Super Monkey Ball series (they have the high scores in every other version of the game) had immense trouble with this one. There are four spinning poles which have a rod stuck in them. The poles are vertical and the rods are horizontal, spinning around right above the stage. You're expected to jump onto a curved surface as it moves just right so you can make another jump to the top of the pole.

Did I mention that the rods are smaller than the ball the monkeys are in? A lot smaller?

I don't know why I love this game regardless =)
Old 12-13-2006, 11:55 PM   #894
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

I finally got Twilight Princess for my GameCube, obviously not as good as it will be on the Wii but I still have it. The game is great so far. Just recovered Faron and what not from the Twilight and moving to the first Temple beyond the forest.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:33 AM   #895
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Getting Wii tommorow, unless the Circut City guy lied.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #896
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There's a rumor out that says Best Buy is holding all units until this Sunday for one last sell-out.

Just in case Circuit City doesn't work out.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #897
SethSquall
FFR Player

Twilight Princess is the best game I've played in a long long time. It will always be top of my favourites now. Just started the 5th temple (I think its the 5th). Midna is, in my opinion, one of the best Zelda character ever. I'll change my avatar to Midna when I find a decent picture I think.

So anyway I went out to look for Monkey Ball. I went to a few shops and they haven't even stocked or sold a single Wii yet. Only had Wii's on hold to be delivered. Bear in mind these shops are not game shops, just stores like Argos and Woolworths. So no luck there. Tomorrow I will go out and go to places like Game, Gamestation, CEX and that. The demand for Wii is very high right now understandably as it's christmas. I might buy online but im sketchy about delivery this late into the christmas month. I don't want to buy something now and get it mid January. Anyway, more research is needed. I want to play Monkey Target now dammit.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #898
Angel Shiyue
FFR Player

Just in case everyone doesn't know, I heard there's a mass shipment going out on the 17th. Or, at least in my area there is. Of course, I'm sure tons of people know about this in advance. Have fun waiting in line.

Last edited by Angel Shiyue; 12-14-2006 at 11:18 AM..
Angel Shiyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:56 PM   #899
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

I talked to the same guy at Circuit City today.

He said that they have Wiis but they're holding them just like Best Buy, he said he wasn't supposed to tell me they were going to get any in today anyway.

F*cking hell
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #900
Angel Shiyue
FFR Player

Want my advice?

Just wait until the holiday rush is over. Parents are going mad trying to get one for the kiddies. Just wait patiently. Think of it this way: people won't be so mean when you ask/call about it.

Besides, if it makes you feel any better, the same thing happened to me a few weeks back.
Angel Shiyue is offline   Reply With Quote