Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #861
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (May 18th deadline!)

Aww. It's too bad you're neglecting x-mod files. One can say that most people don't play files on x-mods, but one can also say that you're perpetuating this way of playing by barring x-mod files. Think about that converse for a moment.

Anyways, I guess I'll have to send Release The Music to another, likely less popular pack in which less people will play and therefore will further add to the decline of x-mod playing. Regardless of how much you might say they're appreciated, you send a very clear message to x-mod playing. How does anyone expect serious x-mod gameplay to survive?
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #862
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

I think what GLoVE is saying is that your files should be challenging enough to play on c-mod as well, not just x-mod. In other words, it should be able to stand up on its own as a challenging file without having to rely on gimmicks. Think Kommisar and Puppet's "Epileptic Crisis" file. Very challenging on c-mod, but x-moddable as well.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

Last edited by FissionMailed1; 04-17-2013 at 11:55 AM..
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #863
dascookieman
FFR Player

yes precisely, fission! there are a few x-mod files in the pack already and i wouldn't have anything at all against every single file in the pack being an x-mod file, as long as it's a good enough file for the pack on c-mod as well. i'm just trying to cater to a majority of the players (advanced players of course, this pack is not for beginners)
Old 04-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #864
bmah
shots FIRED

Missing the point entirely. The file is 100% not c-moddable. This file has negative BPMs and to make it c-mod compatible only points back to the case that no one wants to promote x-mod playing. X-mod being of secondary importance doesn't do the style of gameplay any favor in it's promotion.

Last edited by bmah; 04-17-2013 at 12:00 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #865
dascookieman
FFR Player

well i don't have anything at all against x-mod, but promoting it is not one of the goals with this pack. if the file is good enough on c-mod as well and you want to make it an x-mod file then i would encourage that
Old 04-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #866
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Release The Music
you mean Kors K's???
Tyson ultima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #867
bmah
shots FIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
well i don't have anything at all against x-mod, but promoting it is not one of the goals with this pack.
Just know that few would have the same sort of influence as you. I'm not asking for it to be accepted, but for people to know that it reinforces the mentality that x-mod playing is niche and should remain a niche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson ultima View Post
you mean Kors K's???
Correct. It was originally submitted for an x-mod pack that never took off.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #868
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Missing the point entirely. The file is 100% not c-moddable. This file has negative BPMs and to make it c-mod compatible only points back to the case that no one wants to promote x-mod playing. X-mod being of secondary importance doesn't do the style of gameplay any favor in it's promotion.
to make a file that is fun exclusively on one gameplay mode is, on the whole, not a good file for a big pack that is intended to be both community reviving and audience expanding. I love xmod files, I really do, but to make a file that is only fun, or god forbid only playable, on xmod is not the right fit for this pack. I bet the file you made rules, your xmod files rule, but you gotta quit acting like by doing something that is ultimately smart for the pack, glove is instituting some kinda Stepmania Gulag Racism Holocaust 9/11 420 Whatever

like some of this shit you've said is on par with Mountain Dew11's "to ask all people to play spread is like asking to bring slavery back" quote dude

c h i l l
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #869
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Was about to post what rog said. Additionally, your audience for x-mod exclusive files is tiny compared to c-mod and x-mod files. If people wanted to play x-mod, there would be more people making x-mod files and more packs being started for x-mod. It's a matter of targeting a specific audience, and files that rely on gimmicks aren't the focus of this pack. GLoVE outlined that very clearly in the OP.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #870
rparty89
FFR Player

may do himiko

but im not sure
anyone think i should cause i would do shit
Old 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #871
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparty89 View Post
may do himiko

but im not sure
anyone think i should cause i would do shit
no x.x try something different.

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #872
bmah
shots FIRED

Ok let me apologize first to Glove for making a case here. It could honestly be anyone else. I suppose I made a point now because Glove is one person in particular who has enormous influence over people playing files in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionMailed1 View Post
Additionally, your audience for x-mod exclusive files is tiny compared to c-mod and x-mod files. If people wanted to play x-mod, there would be more people making x-mod files and more packs being started for x-mod.
We know that the current audience for x-mod files is small. My original intention of talking about it is to -expand- that audience. If people say that Stepmania's decreasing in popularity, there has to be a way of diversifying the game. To be inclusive to a variety of stepfiles is to expand the audience. And there's no better opportunity to do it than here.

Anyways, my point has been made.

Last edited by bmah; 04-17-2013 at 03:43 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #873
HST
FFR Player

holy shit it's so 2013 in here
HST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #874
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

ninshikou
Old 04-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #875
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

hot sexy touhou
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #876
dascookieman
FFR Player

yooo what up HST!! was hoping you would show up eventually =) you should make a file! this is a like the pack with a file from all the oldies one last time. zagh, hayden, iamme, arch0wl and danceguy to mention some that hasn't submitted yet are all making files =)
Old 04-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #877
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

Default good ol nostalgia whatchu talkin bout ninshikou

Quote:
Holy ShiT it's so 2013 in here
So you're still here? Sweet!

I might make a song and get you to step it if you want (I mainly specialize in Freeform Hardcore or something like that).
Nick Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #878
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
one last time

Just what are you implying.....

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #879
dascookieman
FFR Player

ok sorry i take it back =P, i can only speak for myself and i will make files for more packs than this one
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #880
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

^_^

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.