Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #821
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax
Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (May 18th deadline!)

I'd like to see some Ossa files too.

Also not my file, but Nanairo 32bit still needs fixes (just saying because song is awesome)?
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:01 AM   #822
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

I see this isn't too late for me to send submissions.
I'll try to make decent simfiles by the time.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #823
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
I'd like to see some Ossa files too.

Also not my file, but Nanairo 32bit still needs fixes (just saying because song is awesome)?
someone actually finished a chart for this

excited

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #824
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Alright I'm finishing up Gravestoned tonight and gonna go through it in 0.5x to make sure all the tricks and stops keep the file on sync. (it's a cmod/xmod file so any one can play it ) hopefully your left hand is feeling a bit better Glove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #825
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
hopefully your left hand is feeling a bit better Glove
Not sure if this is a hint or not

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #826
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
ok that's fine, the guitar is playing very similarly to the drums in many parts and it's the obvious lead instrument of the song so i just assumed that's what you stepped. you ended up with fun patterns by doing the drums+vocals so that's fine, but have a look at the other things i pointed out, especially making the 3/4-sections differently. tell me if you want me to cut the song for you and i'll do it later today.
Now that I think about it more and reexamined what you brought up, I came up with a different idea, instead of rendering those 24th parts to the 32nds, the double kicking pedal parts with the hands to the crash symbols are what I am going to make the 32nds as that would be a better spot for that sort of emphasis. Do you think that would be a better use of the emphasis?
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #827
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionMailed1 View Post
Not sure if this is a hint or not
His hand is broken. but I can't dumb down the steps for him just for that. That's sacrilege so I'm just giving him a warning that it may hurt his hand a but
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #828
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Oh, I know his hand is broken, I thought you were just going to include a bunch of left hand anchors or left hand trills

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #829
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Ohhhh nononono. If the file absolutely HAD to then I would but it doesn't so I'm being very random because well.. it's a DnB file so the main rhythm can be put in multiple ways. I came to a hurdle that part of it is offsync. I'll fix that later though...too lazy atm
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #830
dascookieman
FFR Player

yeah i have a broken hand still but it doesn't affect my playing that much, it's the scapoid bone that is broken which is mostly related to the thumb. it worsens my ability to do long lefthanded jacks and trills a bit because the fracture affects my wrist too, but it's fine and i of course do not at all factor it in in my judgement of the submitted files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Now that I think about it more and reexamined what you brought up, I came up with a different idea, instead of rendering those 24th parts to the 32nds, the double kicking pedal parts with the hands to the crash symbols are what I am going to make the 32nds as that would be a better spot for that sort of emphasis. Do you think that would be a better use of the emphasis?
sounds like you've came up with a good idea, interesting in seeing how this turns out. also can't wait for a transparent world revision again, that file can be made so awesome for scoring and everyone will play it a lot

Last edited by dascookieman; 04-13-2013 at 11:57 PM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #831
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
sounds like you've came up with a good idea, interesting in seeing how this turns out. also can't wait for a transparent world revision again, that file can be made so awesome for scoring and everyone will play it a lot
Not gonna lie, after adding all the jumps to edit, I can't even bring myself to play it. It's the type of chart that I loathe completely rofl. I can't play test it either because 200+ bpm jumpstream is totally out of my league. rofl, that would probably explain why I did what I did last time. I'm not gonna layer in the lyrics on those jump streams that's already there unless after I resend it you still think it's a good idea, I'm thinking that would make it a little too cluttered, but since it out of my skill I can't really gauge it.

And I think I managed this idea well. I hope it works because I kept messing up the changes and such so much that I had to redo them like 5 times rofl. I'm just thinking of last minute pattern modifications I might make to the beginning because it's a little too simple in comparison when I look at it.

Btw: thanks for the advice and chats here, it's been really helpful for these :3
Old 04-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #832
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Gravestoned is done and submitted
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #833
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
but since it's out of my skill I can't really gauge it.
You can still chart hard files effectively even if they are out of your skill range. hi19 was able to chart Rave7, even though I don't think he is good enough to play it. You just have to watch out for the common pitfalls such as having really long anchors or really long one handed trills.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:58 AM   #834
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Pretty much what he said. Just because you step a tune that appears to be out of your playing skill doesn't mean that it's either a. A bad file. b. too overlayered or c. too complicated. I literally JUST finished Gravestoned and I can only get a B on it. So there's an example for you
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #835
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Also, people don't like to play underlayered files. They want to play hard files that are heavily layered where possible, so long as they are reasonable. That's the reason IcyWorld's files are so popular.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:25 AM   #836
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Also, people don't like to play underlayered files. They want to play hard files that are heavily layered where possible, so long as they are reasonable. That's the reason IcyWorld's files are so popular.
Okay get out of my head! you literally say everything I want to say BEFORE I think it >.<

On a side note I'm praying to GOD that Gravestoned actually WORKS.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 03:35 AM   #837
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
You just have to watch out for the common pitfalls such as having really long anchors or really long one handed trills.
That's sort of what would happen if I added anymore is that it'd get super cluttered and be really rather difficult I mean it's like 220 bpm jumpstream that's not super dense but the patterning at times is like crazy.

Quote:
Pretty much what he said. Just because you step a tune that appears to be out of your playing skill doesn't mean that it's either a. A bad file. b. too overlayered or c. too complicated. I literally JUST finished Gravestoned and I can only get a B on it. So there's an example for you
I can't even pass Transparent World [Edit] without mashing. But you are right, I've really hard been trying to adapt my style to be more open minded, I dunno if you know anything about my stepping or my comments / stepping ideals, but they've been really narrow minded. Working on these charts for this pack and a few other things has really helped diversify my charts to new realms that while I'm not fond of them in particular, I'm finally understanding why people like them / chart them that way.

Quote:
TBH I can't say I agree with this as a universal statement. I like a lot more underlayered creative files than I do heavily layered Icy charts idealistically. Icy's chart's aren't "bad" they're just I guess the best way to phrase it is "not a style I agree with." They're flowy often enough but sometimes he does things that just piss me off, like the 32nds on the vocals in Milky Blue. That sort of thing just drives me insane. There are totally different ways to chart songs. I'm personally fond of creative Grace notes / Color usage such as Karma and Flesvelka sort of charts. They're so pleasing to hit at points.

Quote:
On a side note I'm praying to GOD that Gravestoned actually WORKS.
^_^ I hope your chart gets a nice Accepted. Getting a chart into a pack like this or the pack Kommi was running would be a nice step in the right direction for me which is why I'm trying so hard. Glove's a picky fellow to please, which makes getting a chart in here all the more satisfying should it happen.

I'm now just cleaning up some shitty patterning and fixing a few bpm change mistakes. I'm interested in exactly how you'd cut The Creator, but I'm still overly fond (having played it A LOT since I charted it) of playing it as a whole.

Sorry pardon my mindless rambling here. I'm just excited to get some thoughts out and actually discuss charting with people in depth without nit picking things. Ideacrafting is really fun.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #838
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
just on a personal note, there are a lot of "underlayered" files that I enjoy playing, and that's the reason why I make a lot of them

there's something about a chart that's layered less than allows you to give your patterns more breathing room and let them do things a fully layered chart normally wouldn't

case and point: my 6k relation again heavy

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #839
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
That's sort of what would happen if I added anymore is that it'd get super cluttered and be really rather difficult I mean it's like 220 bpm jumpstream that's not super dense but the patterning at times is like crazy.
Sometimes, you have to sacrifice technicality to avoid this. But in the grand scheme of things, many others and I would much rather play 220 BPM jumpstream than 220 BPM stream.

I said that people don't like to play underlayered files since that's what anecdotal evidence points to. Most of the scores in the StepMania scores thread are files that have every sound stepped and everything layered (within reason of course).

I understand your position and stargroup's position as well, but that is what multiple difficulties are more. I addressed this in another post.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

Last edited by FissionMailed1; 04-14-2013 at 12:51 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #840
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

time to step everything heard on 0.3x