t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor
Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2011 Released

people who care what other people think of their files are wack

but yeah I barely even tried this time around

whoops
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #62
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
Keep in mind, subjectivity. You'll like files others won't like and vice versa. I personally like almost all of the files in the pack with all honesty.
Oh I didn't pretended to be unbiased you know. Or do you mean not everyone thinks a stepfile review is subjective ?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #63
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
but it has really bad ones
That statement alone is biased enough. There is absolutely -nothing- wrong with the files -you- found "really bad". Obviously not everyone will enjoy all of the files, but you shouldn't just outright label the files that -you- yourself don't like as "bad" when there's a good chance that other people will like it.

You should be more considerate to simfile authors, old and new, as well as think about the appeal files would have to others is all I'm really saying. This is after all a community pack, not a pack comprised of 5 of the same people over and over again to appeal to practically less than 10 people like previous eLiTiST packs have been like.

I have nothing more to say regarding this matter.

Rest of you, just play the pack and leave some feedback, lol.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 06-21-2011 at 05:39 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #64
eastsideman09
poker face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScylaX View Post
(egm09)
haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #65
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

So here are my thoughts on the charts

Xmod files: I'm not a fan of them and I gave them a whirl. They're not my cup of tea, but I respect the time and talent they took to make these. Not bad charts, just not my cup of tea.

I've been jumping around files....

Bridge Zone: Hell yes. Great chart.

Waka Laka:
Normal: Yeah, really good chart. Nothing to complain about.
Heavy: What the ****.

Wuv You: I'm kinda liking but disliking this chart.

Under The Glass Moon: Minijacks. Why.

Swear words: One of the worst charts in this pack.

Risky Boots Battle: Ohmygodyes more.

Nya: Nononononononononononononono NO.

It's My Fault: Mine/Trevor's own charts. I find the first three really fun to play. but even I think that the Oni chart is a little overkill. I wish I'd made a Heavy chart. I admit the song is kind of bad, but chartwise, I like the difficulty it presents me.

Into The Mouth Of Hell We March: This chart is the worst one I played (I played it five times.) Stress and You Goddamn Fish are WAY better.

Carol Of The Bells: <3

Broken Rulez: Jump abuse anyone?

Contain: Ohmygosh handgasim.

Adding them as I bother to play them.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #66
Victorique
FFR Player

Here are my reviews

(Leonid) Zombie Sunset - Not the kind of file i'd play but it's ok :3, the melody gets boring after some time. 6/10
(Shikari) You Goddamn Fish - Nice mines :O) pretty fun 7/10
(Lynn) Wuv U - Solid catchy file with high replayability 7/10
(Rebound) Waka Laka - I kinda not feel some of your hands, but again subjectiveness 6/10
(Sulfer Dragon) Under the glass moon - OMG so many memories top gear remix :O) - 5/10
(Sensationer) The Goopies 'R' Good Enough - Nice difficulty spikes, did you get them from a garage sale?, i dunno they don't fit in the song, at least how you stepped the rest from that 5/10
(eastsideman09) The Dark Messenger - Kinda ok I guess 7/10
(Xayphon) Swear Words - Solid file, a bit lackluster due to song choice, but ok imo 6/10
(MarioNintendo) Stress - Nice dodgeball practice, i was playing flat, oh wait! 7/10
(eastsideman09) Stately, Wrong - I didn't think i would like this file but it turned pretty interesting 8/10
(SulferDragon) Sphere 5 - Nice 8/10
(Gundam-Dude) Sorrows - WARNING BIAS AHEAD: OMG YOUR SO COOL GD PLEASE I WANT TO SUCK YOUR DICK, now seriously Steps cool, song, hmmm i only like the chorus :O) 7/10
(Lynn) Someday - Solid file 7/10
(Yume) Skyward - Nice, nothing special though 7/10

(moches and IcyWorld) Sirius - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, so colorful 9/10
(Niko) Shoujo Satori - Innumerable Eyes - Worst file ever, epic song EPICNESS/10
(Wyde) Sexplosion (DJ Marcin Remix) - oh ok 7/10
(SulferDragon) Samsara and Paramnesia - yes 8/10
(leonid) Rotter Tarmination - Omg i have horrible bad habits in this song, also YESSS 10/10
(Duplica) Risky Boots Battle - Nothing to complain about - 8/10
(plopadop) R176 - this is catchy as hell :O) - 9/10
(Icyworld) Psyche Planet -GT - I'm HIT, mines got me dizzy as hell - 8/10
(Gundam-Dude & Detrimentalist) Prayer - Fingers roll very easy for a pretty hard file, good job :O) - 9/10
(Kommisar) Plasmatextor - I had a deja vu playing this file, one of my favourite files of the pack, a bit long but it would be blasphemy to cut the song 9/10
(bmah) Piece of History - Very Refreshing to play - 8/10
(wc) Over My Head (Better Off Dead) - I'm weak over easy files 7/10
(Scylaax) Only my Railgun - I'm a bit biased cause i like Kaneh's ver a bit more but i think it's ok 7/10

(0) Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanya! - NyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyaNyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyaNyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyaNyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyaNyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyaNyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyaNyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanya - 7/10
(Scylaax) Nai Anarchy - Alright 8/10
(Rebound) Mosaic - Excellent use of mines, really fun 9/10
(Oubliette) Moonchild - I think some of your hands weren't necessary but it's good anyway 8/10
(Scylaax) Mercilessness Desperado - Mmm i didn't enjoy this much to be honest 6/10
(Darkcalibur) Mars - Already judged for ODVGM3, i dunno but i like the file more now 7/10
(Gundam-Dude) Mars - Nice easier chart, very fluid - 9/10
(Rog) Mark's Revenge - ok - 7/10
(Kaneh) Magus Night - wow nice file, fun, 9/10
(Wineandbread) KNSM - I'm hit - Abstain/10
(Xx{Midnight}xX vs TheForc3Within) It's My Fault - Hmmmm, I was tired when playing this 6/10

(melon & leonid) Infinite cave - I'm not really feeling your pattern choices, subjectivemania's aside, good flow and $$$ song 7/10
(Ca25nada&Yume) I Want You - Nice and easy, I WANT YOUUUUUUUU 8/10
(Akemi Commander) FLOWER - Very nice flow - 8/10
(Scylaax) Flotage B - Ok 7/10
(ca25nada) Eternal Fantasy - Easy song, nice flow 7/10
(Yume) Enemy Storm (Dark Jungle Mix) - I don't know why i played heavy, anyways i like both charts 9/10
(Ophi) Dragon Rider - Sorry i'm weak towards ophi's files ( WARNING GAY ANNOTATION AHEAD: i miss your files ) 9/10
(Rog) Died This Way - Nice file, too bad i suck at mines 8/10
(Kommisar) Determination - OK 8/10
(Kommisar) Delinquents - I liked this a lot 9/10
(SulferDragon) DARE - Obligatory swing pass - 7/10
(Kommisar) Dance and Zeal - Already judged for ODVGM3 , this file rocks nothing bad to say about it, epic 10/10
(Don) Cosmos - Nice and short 8/10
(debit13) Contain - Again not my top song choice, it's ok 7/10
(Niko) Concerto Note - 2nd worst file ever ITSOVER(MINUS)9000/10
(ca25nada) Colours of Sorrow - the type of easy file i like 9/10
(Detrimentalist) Cirno's Hot Spring - Man this was the file i was expecting to play when it released :O), nice mines 9/10
(Yesssss) Chromatic Chimera - Wow i really liked this, unexpected file 9/10
(megamon88) Cerbera - Good flow, nice 8/10
(Diokatsu & Gundam-Dude) Celestial Tears - Yes tsukasa yes 10/10
(wc) Carol Of The Bells - i like this type of songs 9/10
(BeatofIke) Caipirinha (IOSYS Remix) - Good song aside from the repetitive side 8/10
(Rog) Broken Rulz - Yes nice file 8/10
(plopadop) Bridge Zone - Solid file, I didn't expect something like this from you 9/10
(Kaneh) Border of Evans - I remember testing this some time ago, fun file 9/10
(Sensationer) Best Friends - Favorite easy file of the pack 10/10
(Yume) Beat U Down - Best file i've ever played from you 10/10
(Yume) Bamhanului Fantasy - Nice file, my only complaint is that you hold spam too much sometimes when it's not really necessary 9/10
(leonid) Back Alley Spiders - Yes catchy song - 9/10
(Gundam-Dude) Astrosexy - Super astro Sexy - 8/10

Overall Score 7.78

Finally I'm done :O)

Last edited by Victorique; 06-22-2011 at 04:39 PM..
Victorique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #67
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

I wonder how many people will actually play risky boots on index
Old 06-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #68
eastsideman09
poker face

Playing in no particular order... Usually if I like how the preview of the music sounds or it gets my attention, I'll jump to it first. I do play with a C-Mod, so unless banner tells me not to play with it, I will :P

Back Alley Spiders: I liked the variety of patterns. colors/10

Beat U Down: I think the steps really went well with the song. imissedaphonecallwhileplayingthis/10

Swear Words: I can't help but smile when I play this song, I love the song itself lol... and the chart went well with the vocals. ****/10

Under the Glass Moon: Not fond of the chart or the song, although I think the chart fits the song itself well. Personally not feelin' it. jacks/10

The Dark Messenger: Before I charted this song, I pictured it coming out more difficult. I could have layered it some more, but I think it came out alright. FFIX has a nice sound track, I may step some more from that game. selfcritique/10

Sirius: I really liked this file. Seems like any time Oster Project is stepped, the file comes out enjoyable. yes/10

Chromatic Chimera: Interesting song, to say the least, and a nice file to go with it. yesssss/10

Cerbera: Song was okay, but I'm a sucker for 12th streams. helldog/10

Carol of the Bells: No holds? Oh well... I enjoyed the song and the file, even if it is out of season =p. who/cares

R176: I really enjoyed this file. It was a nice blend of technicality and fun, I don't think there was a sound that went unstepped. seinfeld/10

Nyanyanyan: Fun file, I just wish the song went somewhere other than in circles, but what else can you expect from a meme? meow/10

Mars: 32nd trills fuuuuuuuuuu. Other than that, fun file. Nice layering. guitar/10

KNSM: lmao/10

Into the Mouth of Hell We March: I don't like the first 1/3 of the song honestly. I definitely could have layered that part differently/better. I do like how the guitar solo came out. 24ths were mehhh, but what can you do? I also like my layering for the last 1/3 of the song, albeit a little repetitive. trivium/10

Died This Way: You know which way I died? Mines. skrillex/gaga

Contain: mines again ****in shit... I need to get better at avoiding them, so that I can play this file more, because it's really awesome. coffeecan/10

Colours of Sorrow: I liked it. There some parts I would have done differently, but it's not bad. micasa/tsukasa

You goddamn fish: I liked the file, except I don't see a need for that much x-mod (not that it was bad, just sayin). renard/10

Stately, Wrong: I originally had this stepped for FFR, no hands, no holds, no nothin. Then I was like nahhhh and relayered it. Overall, I like how it this one came out, even if the patterns come out a teency repetitive at times. esm09/10

Sexplosion: I'm REALLY diggin this file. This would be a song I'd jam to outside of key mashing, and I'm having a good time mashing the keys to this file too. I'll be replaying this one. innuendo/10

Rotter Tarmination: This file went pretty how I expected it would lol. I liked it though... but I don't think I could play it multiple times in a row without getting annoyed by the song haha. Sampling/Masters

Risky Boots Battle: This was simple, yet fun. I really liked it. virt/10

Mosaic: Mines got me on this one too lol. It was a pretty fun file, and I liked the layering throughout. iturnedthemineson/noob

I might review some more later, if I'm in the mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #69
Shikari
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shikari Send a message via Skype™ to Shikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsideman09 View Post
You goddamn fish: I liked the file, except I don't see a need for that much x-mod (not that it was bad, just sayin). renard/10
Because x-mods are fun~

By the way, thank you guys for the reviews, good to see my file is getting some love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Shikari for resident profile artist
Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #70
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

None of the songs were appealing enough for me to play the files ~_~
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #71
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Yo scylaax my files this time around were stepped with a minimalist mindset. I got tired of my usual stepping style and wanted to branch out a bit and go in a different direction. Over my head also probably won't be enjoyable unless you're a weaker that enjoys easier files.

I love both my files for this pack and play them more than I do some of my other files and I think its because of how simple they're stepped. Guess not everyone likes easy simple files xd
Old 06-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #72
Darkcalibur
FFR Player

: )
Darkcalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #73
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
I wonder how many people will actually play risky boots on index
I'll try it when my dad's not in a meeting
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #74
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

welp

short review modo go

Zombie Sunset- Played pre-release, fun as ****, well layered and well stepped. 4/5

You Goddamn Fish- Boring XMod gimmicks, okay at best steps, hold abuse, and to top it all off a renard song. Not bad, but nowhere near good. 2/5

Wuv U- reminds me of every other IIDX file ever, but a little more fun, also i have a soft spot for generic rave piano. 4/5

Waka Laka- jesus christ those hands lmfao. Fun, replayable, sad that you didn't do the 32nd bullshit. 4/5

Under The Glass Moon- wasn't feeling this one. The beginning wasn't enough to keep my interest and the hand usage is dumb. Sounds like a dimrain song lmao. 2/5

Goonies- quit out. Weird PR, weirder hand/jump placement. 1/5

Dark Messenger- feels like it has a lot of potential but never goes anywhere. 2/5

Swear Words- **** lmfao. Song bias aside, this is a great file and one of my favorites in the whole pack. 5/5

Stress- The gimmick that you put in here was cool in concept, but in excution basically makes the file unplayable. Aside from the gimmicks, the steps are okay at best. Hand/Jump placement is wonky. 1/5

Stately, Wrong- Decent chart. Not how I would've gone about stepping it though. Plays like an FFR chart with added hands and holds to appeal to stepmania. 3/5 for effort. Could use some improvement

R176- song choice worried me, but this is actually a p great file. 4/5

nyanyanyanynyenhiaehjynaeuihaeiynaynanyanay!-

sike
the steps are okay, but the song totally kills it.

more later, when i care
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

Last edited by t-rogdor; 06-21-2011 at 11:01 PM..
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #75
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Downloaded
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #76
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
Downloaded
prepare for drama

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #77
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I thought LCP3 was supposed to be the last legit pack he reviews

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #78
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Downloaded
oh no...
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #79
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I retire from posting in this thread before I hurt anybody in my carelessness. :P Just in time, as it seems Dossar will unleash his fury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #80
condoct
Pants off dance off

Quote: