Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-4-2017, 01:05 AM   #61
James May
FFR Player

Default Re: Project 0 (Name change pending) [Submissions Open; Deadline: April 30th]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
I'll most likely be sending 3 files maybe 4 for sure

1. Pre-Parade (Toradora! OP)
2. Unravel (Tokyo Ghoul OP) <--- This is the maybe. I'm having issues with it, anyone wanna help?
3. Magia (Puella Magi Madoka Magica ED)
4. Noh Stage (TMNT Tournament Fighters)

Noh Stage will most likely be sent your way first (Expect jacks and minijacks)
I know that Magia has been stepped I think twice or three times? I know that Eze did one and Attang did one as well, so it'd be interesting to see a non dump approach to it. And Pre-Parade I think was stepped before as well? (Kommi or GD confirm please?) so for those two make sure they're top notch c:

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2017, 04:05 AM   #62
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Project 0 (Name change pending) [Submissions Open; Deadline: March 31]

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Wumbology (Xelnya) - I love you, but I hate you lmfao
...goddammit Xel, I love you but I hate you lmfao
-Although ya missed a mine on 27.590, shift it up from where the 8th jump is
-and check the hand usage in the latter half, the ones that used as an anchor for the "long" jacks, I don't think the sound is warranted there.
D-d-did you just take my joke file seriously?!

Anywho. lol the mine. Also I dunno which "long" jacks you're referring to (I consider the ones in my Highscore file to be long, tbh these are pretty short to me) but I'm gonna assume it's the end, and tbh my entire reason is: There are technically three sounds (Guitar / drum kick / snare frequently, odd synthy effect as well otherwise) and I wanted to separate it from the snare trills.

It's more that 2nd one than the first though. I'm willing to change 'em but would honestly prefer they remain the same.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2017, 07:05 AM   #63
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: Project 0 (Name change pending) [Submissions Open; Deadline: April 30th]

Quote:
I know that Magia has been stepped I think twice or three times? I know that Eze did one and Attang did one as well, so it'd be interesting to see a non dump approach to it. And Pre-Parade I think was stepped before as well? (Kommi or GD confirm please?) so for those two make sure they're top notch c:
I believe Kommisar stepped Sakura Saku, which is the OP to Love Hina. As for Magia I've listened to it A LOT and it's going to be very fun to step. No need to worry about me making dumps. I don't make dump files

EDIT: I fixed the issue I was having with Unravel. you'll be getting 4 submissions from me fo'sheezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you

Last edited by Shadow_God_10; 04-4-2017 at 07:06 AM..
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2017, 09:35 AM   #64
James May
FFR Player

Default Re: Project 0 (Name change pending) [Submissions Open; Deadline: March 31]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
D-d-did you just take my joke file seriously?!

Anywho. lol the mine. Also I dunno which "long" jacks you're referring to (I consider the ones in my Highscore file to be long, tbh these are pretty short to me) but I'm gonna assume it's the end, and tbh my entire reason is: There are technically three sounds (Guitar / drum kick / snare frequently, odd synthy effect as well otherwise) and I wanted to separate it from the snare trills.

It's more that 2nd one than the first though. I'm willing to change 'em but would honestly prefer they remain the same.
It was too hilarious to not not accept it lmao

Old 04-4-2017, 08:58 PM   #65
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
It was too hilarious to not not accept it lmao
^__^

Wumbo.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2017, 08:10 AM   #66
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Unravel

Magia

Pre-Parade

I promise they're not dump files. You'll probably end up with Pre-Parade first. I dropped Noh Stage because it's too repetitive
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 04-6-2017, 12:53 PM   #67
James May
FFR Player

Wew, looking forward to then Shadow :U

Old 04-6-2017, 09:26 PM   #68
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Pre-Parade is done, I'm just going over it to see if I've missed anything and I'll send it over to you, I tried to balance fun and difficulty so hopefully it'll be a success

EDIT: As of now it's sent!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Shadow_God_10; 04-6-2017 at 10:51 PM..
Old 04-7-2017, 11:14 AM   #69
James May
FFR Player

Alright, I'll check out when I'm not feeling like shit haha

Old 04-8-2017, 12:47 AM   #70
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Unravel will definitely be the last submission you get from me (it's a bitch to step properly) So I'll probably send in Super Affection (Carnival Phantasm OP) or Magia, whichever one you're looking forward to. I'll try not to give you carpel tunnel <3
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-9-2017, 11:42 AM   #71
James May
FFR Player

Pre-Parade
-Offset should be -1.053, times will be used with this offset.
-19.803 to 20.553: I would say to just leave the freezes as singles accompanying the jumps. Having them as jump freezes just makes it look like its taking up space.
-the trill at 25.053, although its actually 32nds, keep it as 24ths for difficulty moderation haha. If you want to make a slightly harder chart, then you can make that trill into a 32nd roll.
-surprised that you missed jump opportunities like 28.990 & 29.365 when you have been layering those consistently.
-29.740 is a single tap considering that you have been layering the drums as jumps on the 4ths and 8ths.
-that whole second jumpstream section needs to be more consistent. The first jumpstream you had the jumps layered to the drums but then the second one you have it layered to the vocals?
-the ending js though, I'll let you get away with it as its the ending and its ~ClImAx~, although you're missing a 4th freeze right at the ending of the file :U (01.26.553)
This is just minor technical stuff I looked up before I go on and play the file.

e: the file's fine, just send me the fixes. Not accepting it just yet because you have a few more files to send over.

Last edited by James May; 04-9-2017 at 12:19 PM..
Old 04-9-2017, 02:25 PM   #72
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Pre-Parade
-Offset should be -1.053, times will be used with this offset.
-19.803 to 20.553: I would say to just leave the freezes as singles accompanying the jumps. Having them as jump freezes just makes it look like its taking up space.
-the trill at 25.053, although its actually 32nds, keep it as 24ths for difficulty moderation haha. If you want to make a slightly harder chart, then you can make that trill into a 32nd roll.
-surprised that you missed jump opportunities like 28.990 & 29.365 when you have been layering those consistently.
-29.740 is a single tap considering that you have been layering the drums as jumps on the 4ths and 8ths.
-that whole second jumpstream section needs to be more consistent. The first jumpstream you had the jumps layered to the drums but then the second one you have it layered to the vocals?
-the ending js though, I'll let you get away with it as its the ending and its ~ClImAx~, although you're missing a 4th freeze right at the ending of the file :U (01.26.553)
This is just minor technical stuff I looked up before I go on and play the file.

e: the file's fine, just send me the fixes. Not accepting it just yet because you have a few more files to send over.
OH I don't think you listened to the song enough or it was a my bad I'll have to go look, I intentionally stepped the snare and drum beat for the opening because if I added anything else it would get ShadowGod syndrome and have a replay value of -9.5/10

I'll definitely fix that jump freeze for sure it'll probably be a up down up down instead of ud lr up lr.

I'll take a gander at the 24th trill, I slowed it down as I too, thought it was 32nds but it was 24ths

The vocals and snare sometimes hit on the same jumps, do you want me to make a harder chart acknowledging that fact or send in the minor fixes.

I'm halfway through Magia so you can expect that one next (I promise it's not a dump! It'll have the same quality as Pre-Parade)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Shadow_God_10; 04-9-2017 at 02:34 PM..
Old 04-9-2017, 03:19 PM   #73
James May
FFR Player

That's up to you Shadow, if you want to make another chart then by all means be my guest

Old 04-9-2017, 04:26 PM   #74
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Yeah on second thought I'm trying to steer away from ShadowGod syndrome... I'll send in the fixes for Pre-Parade and Magia in one batch to keep things easy for you.

Also: Shameless promotion, GO STEP SOMETHING FOR MAH PACK BRUH

EDIT: I'm an idiot and didn't read what you said properly

I fixed the jump freezes

When I slowed down the music again it's not a consistent 32nd roll it would be up to the 16th, then a break to the 8th and then another 32nd down to the 4th of the next beat. wanna just say fuck it and keep the 24th trill for consistency purposes or just make the whole thing a consistent 32nd?

that 8th step you said should be a single is a jump. It's layered with the vocals- as is 98% of the file, save for the first jumpstream at the beginning before the 1st verse.

and added the final freeze you said I missed (oopsie)

Next up for you is Magia
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Shadow_God_10; 04-10-2017 at 07:46 AM..
Old 04-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #75
James May
FFR Player

Bumping because its not dead and people send stuff :T You only have 16 days to go before graphics process start up :U

Old 04-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #76
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
When I slowed down the music again it's not a consistent 32nd roll it would be up to the 16th, then a break to the 8th and then another 32nd down to the 4th of the next beat. wanna just say fuck it and keep the 24th trill for consistency purposes or just make the whole thing a consistent 32nd?
Keep them as 24th for that trill

Old 04-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #77
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Keep them as 24th for that trill
LOL I made it a 32nd trill to the 8th because that's what it was when I slowed it down again but if you want I'll change it back.

I'm almost done Magia... For some reason it kept falling off sync to the 48th but I think I fixed it. Once Magia is done I'll send the fix to Pre-Parade and Magia. Unravel won't be done in time but I DO have another file I'm working on. If it comes along nicely I'll send it in for ya bruh
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-18-2017, 07:35 AM   #78
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Bump. Sent in Magia (Random ass BPM changes sorry LOL I'll explain once you review it)

Also sent in the fixes for Pre-Parade!

Also I MIGHT drop Unravel... It seems too... all over the place. If you want me to finish it anyway I will
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Shadow_God_10; 04-18-2017 at 07:53 AM..
Old 04-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #79
James May
FFR Player

So yeah...my laptop is officially bricked. Submissions will be postponed until I get a new laptop. It stopped working last night and not even a system restore works. I'll get back onto the pack once I get a new laptop

I have everything backed up in my USB so all is not lost thankfully.

Last edited by James May; 04-21-2017 at 01:39 PM..
Old 04-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #80
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Shit son. Was looking forward to dat Magia review you had for me. Sent you a pm
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote: