Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 03:15 AM   #61
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]
Default Re: Ethereal Rising (Pad Pack) Revived

unless your definition of double steps is different than mine

anyways i re-submitted. i'm sure there are pattern issues according to you guys, could you just tell me which measures so i can change them?

Last edited by kommisar[os]; 06-20-2008 at 03:32 AM..
Old 06-20-2008, 03:19 AM   #62
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

pretty sure thats jacks bro :<
double stepping on pad refers to patterns that force you to step on two different consecutive notes with the same foot or force you to spin in a place where it doesn't fit.

patterns like that can break the flow of a file really easily, but proper integration of half-turns and even full spins can even improve the flow
Old 06-20-2008, 03:40 AM   #63
kommisar[os]
Banned

oh well i know those. but that varies from one player to another. since i'm a lefty, i turn awkward ways that might seem like double steps but i'm sure i missed a few anyways.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #64
~Zero~
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~Zero~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Zero~

When a player has to double step, it’s generally something that will be noticed. Molding crossovers to part of a song or placing flavor mines to a tic in the music might not be consciously noticed by the player, but stepping twice in a row with one foot will be. It disrupts the flow of the song. Therefore, if you absolutely need to place a double step in a song, make sure it goes to something very noticeable in the music. If there’s a loud cymbal crash or something and you don’t want to accent it with a jump or mines for whatever reason, you can use a double step. Use these very rarely, though. Using them too often may make the player think you don’t know how to make well-flowing streams, even if you have a reason for each double-step pattern you use. - Thanks Insane Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
More like Tier ~0~
Old 06-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #65
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

hay guise

----------

I'm basing reject/accept on Oni, heavy charts will be reviewed, but not always necessarily included into my decision. Standard and below I won't bother checking, there's no point.

6/20/2008

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (Rurutie Mix)
[ONI]
Song choice is questionable, it's a little repetitive for the entire song. Pretty much the same steps for the entire song; in technicality, it's quite good, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy playing this on pad. Out of the sheer repetitiveness of both the song and the chart, I will reject, songs need to be more interesting and high energy in general for a dancing simulation game.

[HEAVY]
A few doublesteps, but otherwise standard for a heavy chart.

Fascination MaxX (Trance Remix)
[ONI]
Run footing kept messing up, made no sense. Quit out after it. Syncing isn't very good. This just doesn't do FaxX justice. Rejected.

[HEAVY]
Watered down Oni chart.

Fujiyama Panic v2
[ONI]
YES. OH GOODNESS YES. ACCEPTED

Here We Go
[HEAVY]
I like the way you stepped everything; this would be a pass, but you're basically facing one direction the entire time. Not only that, the song is ridiculously short. As a repetitive chart, AND only 47 seconds long, I am going to reject it. Really, I don't pay to play songs that are only 47 seconds when I go to play ITG. Maybe for home players with metal pads, but I believe this pack is catering more to the ITGr21 players.

I'm Your Basscreator (> 2:15)
[ONI]
You did a lot of the song perfectly. I love that slowdown, and that speedup following it, synced perfectly (the slowdown is a little late, but the speed up is fine). I'm one for stamina songs, and I think this file was done well enough. It's funny how generic techno songs will translate into generic stamina charts, but either way, other than the two long runs, excellent file. I'll accept, but I'm not sure about the other judges.

I'm Your GummiBear (> 2:15)
[HEAVY]
I'm also assuming this is the oni chart. This was perfectly stepped. Not a single pad error I found. This song is ridiculously fruity, but the cart goes extremely well with it. Definite accept.

Jelly Kiss
[ONI]
This would suit a keyboard file so much better. I dunno, I don't like the jacks all over the place. Some of the patterns you put in were kind of awkward, and didn't really flow with the song. Personally, I would have to say a reject, but you're the pack leader, it's your decision.

Never Say
[ONI]
Stepped very well. I especially like the half turn pattern, fits the vocals perfectly. Subtle layering, consistent patterns throughout without being repetitive. Accept.

Usatei (v2)
[ONI]
Hahaha, your file is pretty much like mine, but easier for the most part. In any case, fun file. Probably better than mine, since I threw in constant 16th streams at the end, and I like that xmod gimmick you threw in the end. There's like one half-turn at the end, but nothing excessive. Excellent file, accepted.

Open Your Eyes (> 2:15)
[ONI]
While I gave an accept to I'm Your Basscreator, at least that had some variety and gimmicks in it to keep it interesting. This is just another boring, generic stamina chart for a female vocal lead song. I already have Heaven on my card, and I'm sure a lot of other people do, too. Rejected.

Scarlet Sister
[HEAVY]
Not synced properly, wtf is that footing? Title is actually "U.N. Owen Was Her?", there's already a pretty good chart for it in my Touhou Pad Pack released not too long ago. In any case though, the entire song is like, rolls and staircases, that aren't even synced properly. no thx u, rejected.

Solid State Squad
[ONI]
Difficult chart after the halfpoint. I believe this was stepped PERFECTLY, until the end. The 32nd trills and 24th notes are a little fast; they're only at the end, for a short moment, but they left me a little iffy considering the speed of the song. I mean, I understand they go with the music, but they might be a bit difficult. I don't think they're impossible, and I don't want to reject an otherwise excellent chart for 1 measure. I don't believe it needs fixing, so I'll give it an accept.

[HEAVY]
Watered down Oni chart

Splash Beats!
[ONI]
Measure 41 - crossover into backwards stream
Hmm.. 190 stream is pretty difficult. The rest of the file isn't consistent with these streams either. It's like, a 7 for a majority of the file, then 190 streams for literally 10 seconds come out of nowhere, making it a hard 13. I can't say I like this file very much, this seems more suited to keyboard. I would personally reject this, but let's see what other judges have to say about it.

Tetris
[ONI]
Can't judge this, rolls crash StepMania 3.9, hahaha

Tricky Disco (> 2:15)
[ONI]
Stepped correctly and well layered for a pad file. However, the song is EXTREMELY repetitive. I sure as hell wouldn't want to play this on pad for the sake of getting bored half way through. I think a cut would work MUCH, MUCH better. But as it stands right now as a four minute song, it'll bore most people to tears. Rejected.

ViennaCore v2
[ONI]
No. Awkward patterns, doublestepping galore, crossovers and spins in 180 stream? Rejected.

=====

later on 6/20/2008

Jelly Kiss
Second playthrough of Jelly Kiss, changed my mind, changing that to an accept.

===

6/21/2008

Sense 2007
[ONI]
Awkward steps, random crossovers that need to be doublestepped. Keep a consistent pattern with the speedups, changing trills randomly that fast is not a good idea. Most people on pad will play this on xmod, and as such, set the speed to 3x~5x, meaning it'll zoom by at 600~1000bpm. The rolls were fine, since no actual reading is required, but the alternating trills will indefinitely mess up the player. Requires moderate fixing; gimmicks are good, patterns in them are not, and footing is unusual in a lot of parts. Rejected until further revisions.

Go Beyond!!
[ONI]
Whoa buddy, turns galore at 200bpm for 9 seconds, twice consecutively? Borderline 14, that's ridiculous, rejected.

=====

6/22/2008

This might make me seem like a lenient judge, because I am, but I've played a LOT of files, and I've been exposed to a lot of things. Doublesteps don't phase me as much unless they're devastating (e.g. messing up a followup stream completely, or an entire stream of them), gimmicks are kind of easy to predict in pad charts. Given that, I'm not as strict about things being perfectly to my liking (e.g. no spins, no doublesteps).

With that said...

Anisakis
[ONI]
Holy crap, this file is amazing. I disagree with debit - the jumps in the beginning are fine IMO, and the patterns from 16-33 are pseudo-pitch relevancy for pad, I'm taking it. As Zero and debit pointed out though, you crossed over at the the start of measure 49, without reverting. Just put some mines or something there.

The quad the end is okay, but there's a quadmine right an 1/8 note after it, that's a little tricky. Not saying it's instafail file, but you might want to shift them down a bit.

I'll gladly give this an accept, but it'd be nice if you made a v1.1 and added those two fixes. Your discretion.

Second Heaven (Kommisar)
[ONI]
I disagree with debit here, as well. The jumpstreams are fine, chain jumps get VERY repetitive, boring, and limit the steps you can follow up with. While that prevents footing confusion, it's not always the best choice. I think it worked well here. 1/8 stream is a little stale with your pattern choice, but the minifreezes that go with the melody helped even that out. Personally, I prefer this over Zero's, and I think it has an excellent flow for most of the chart. The jumps in the beginning are fine, IMO, no need to chain jump it. I like this chart a fair bit, accepted. Also, I like the "EH O" part, hahaha

Second Heaven (Zero)
[ONI]
Rejected not because it's a bad file, but because Kommi's has better flow and consistency in it. That, and we don't need two of the same file. Unless of course you two combine it into one chart:

(12:57:50) Zero: Me and Kommi Were talking and we agree that if theres Controversy over the two second heavens we will combine ours to have basically two oni Charts

I wouldn't mind that; yours being the heavy, Kommi's being the oni. That'd be pretty neat.

The Dirty of Loudness
The 16ths into jumps I don't mind, nor the doublesteps debit pointed out; they're simple patterns, a few doublesteps won't ruin the consistency of the file completely. I cheated them without even realizing it, so I think it worked just fine.

Three things though, marking the gimmicks - a 1/64 minifreeze on the first arrow of each would suffice. Unless it's repeating (e.g. the LR trills) you don't NEED to, but the randomly occuring ones (e.g. the RRRR stop jack) would do much better.

Second thing, same thing as debit - I hit the tri, mines went off on both Xmod and Cmod. Gotta fix that.

Third, the 1/8 jumpjack stream from measure 38-45; is that necessary? It's not impossible, but I think it's a bit excessive. Normal 1/8 stream would work equally as well IMO, maybe making them into 1/8 holds.

Reject as of now, I think these fixes are critical. It's a good file, but needs some more tuning.

K8107
[ONI]
Jumps in the beginning, wtf? Doesn't need to be loaded with them. Trill in after the stop, measure 12 - you're assuming they start trilling with their right foot. I personally start UD trills with my left on down; therefore, the entire stream is messed up for me for about a measure or so, which could cause me to fail. You need to find a way to FORCE the footing into the position you desire. You can start with right on D or left on D, since you're entering that stream after a quadmine.

Hands in measures 29 through 33; too many. You have to cheat all those, and I don't like cheating hands that fast. This isn't PIU, where the panels are closer together with smaller brackets for easy cheating.

This is absolutely BRUTAL on pad. Reject, the entire song is just trilling at like 180 for two minutes with jumps loaded into it. I don't think I'm going to accept any chart of this song at all, no matter how much fixing up it needs. Pure stamina chart, no fun at all.

And now that I've reviewed this, didn't you send the same chart to Flipside?

Party In The Shop
[ONI]
AHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG BEST SONG CHOICE IN THE PACK AHHAHAHAHAA

But seriously, I like the chart. The hands are awkward, especially the crab-hands, you have to cheat those to get up in time. Change the hands to jumps. The stop gimmicks are good, the spins are slow enough to actually do properly, and fit the music well. The ending is repetitive, it needs some varying.

Needs some fixing up, I very much like what you did in the chart, and the song is something else. For now, reject until you revise it a bit.

6/29/2008

Not reviewing these due to them already being accepted:

Open Your Mind (MacGravel)
Poseidon (DDRDAIKENKAI)
Misery Business (DDRDAIKENKAI)
Girls and Boys and Toys (~Zero~) - awesome chart.
Opa Opa (Ponchoz)

Not reviewing due to being pre-released:

Amen Iraq (Ponchoz)
Angel Talking (Ponchoz)

We Are
[ONI]
Understeppeed at parts, too many double steps. Doesn't feel like a solid file, too inconsistent. Rejected.

Innocent Walls (House of Bricks Mix)
Doublestep at the end of measure 8. Needs markings for the gimmicks. Good file, but needs dummy mines/minifreezes/something for the stops. Rejected until revised.

Holly Dolly
[ONI]
24 blank measures at the end, rejected without further reasoning.

Dynamite
[ONI]
Spins, doublesteps and awkward footing throughout the entire file. Spins + mines = bad. Goes offsync. Rejected.

Data Drain
[ONI]
Double step/awk. crossover at the end of measure 18. That ending is ridiculous, trilling that fast with patterns that awkward might make this file an easy 14 just for that ending. It's almost all technically correct, but I'm not a fan of this chart right off the bat. I would personally reject this. Maybe Halogen would enjoy this on pad, but I know I wouldn't, nor would a lot of people. I don't enjoy playing songs on 1x, then ending up having to do what are basically 32nd trills at 180 repeatedly. No fixes will change my opinion, I will not accept this.

If You Were Here (B4 ZA BEAT MIX)
[ONI]
Spin in measures 15-16. I don't understand all the 8th jacks, they don't fit the music and the mines make them a retarded hopping pattern. Not a very fun chart, I would even go so far as to say the original DDR chart was far more fun. Rejected.

Turn Around
[HEAVY]
1. All songs must have an Oni.

Chart is way too slow and easy; might pass for a DDR song, but way too boring. I can't see you making an oni chart for this, or it'd be excessively overstepped. Really boring, tbh. Not a great song choice. Rejected.

Pumptris Quattro (8-bit Version)
[HEAVY]
I see what you did in the start with the double step repetitions, but it felt forced and doesn't flow well. Jump at the end of the stream in 53 is pretty damn fast, considering it's an UR jump after a DL step. You also didn't step anything other than the beeping; didn't follow the BG beat or anything else for the most part. File doesn't flow well, IMO. Rejected.

Real Emotion
[ONI]
Doublesteps in almost every measure of the chart. Hands don't go to anything, they're completely random. Not layered at all. Jumps at the end of measure 4 are offsync, why is one of them a 32nd? The song starts to go offsync at the end by a noticeable amount; enough to turn FA into PA and PA into GA. Rejected.

Dazzling Destiny
[ONI]
I don't see a radical difference from this and FLip's pack's version. Measure 28-29 is awkward. Measure 49 is lulzy hard, measure 51 should be a 16th minjack, not a 12th. And, right after measure 59, I quit out. 16th jumpminijacks on pad = lol what the ****ing hell? Rejected, I'm pretty sure the one you sent to Flip wasn't this retarded.

Bomb This Track
[ONI]
I REALLY don't like how you step any of your files, at all. Beginning is awkward with all the jumps and mines. What's up with all the mines in the file, anyway? None of them are for forced footing, they all seem just randomly thrown in just because you can. What are the triples going to in measure 41-48? Speedup to 600 was unnecessary, the song is offsync after the stops. For the entire song, you didn't step the lyrics once. Why follow the bass the entire time? The lyrics would have made much better steps, IMO. Rejected.

Party In The Shop v2
[ONI]
Much better. Ending is still a little repetitive, but that's part of the music. Did a good job there at the least, got rid of the awkward hands; I love this file and this song, haha. Accepted.

Last edited by Xiaounlimited; 06-29-2008 at 11:09 PM..
Old 06-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #66
~Zero~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
hay guise

----------

I'm basing reject/accept on Oni, heavy charts will be reviewed, but not always necessarily included into my decision. Standard and below I won't bother checking, there's no point.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (Rurutie Mix)
[ONI]
Song choice is questionable, it's a little repetitive for the entire song. Pretty much the same steps for the entire song; in technicality, it's quite good, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy playing this on pad. Out of the sheer repetitiveness of both the song and the chart, I will reject, songs need to be more interesting and high energy in general for a dancing simulation game.

[HEAVY]
A few doublesteps, but otherwise standard for a heavy chart.

Fascination MaxX (Trance Remix)
[ONI]
Run footing kept messing up, made no sense. Quit out after it. Syncing isn't very good. This just doesn't do FaxX justice. Rejected.

[HEAVY]
Watered down Oni chart.

Fujiyama Panic v2
[ONI]
YES. OH GOODNESS YES. ACCEPTED

Here We Go
[HEAVY]
I like the way you stepped everything; this would be a pass, but you're basically facing one direction the entire time. Not only that, the song is ridiculously short. As a repetitive chart, AND only 47 seconds long, I am going to reject it. Really, I don't pay to play songs that are only 47 seconds when I go to play ITG. Maybe for home players with metal pads, but I believe this pack is catering more to the ITGr21 players.

I'm Your Basscreator (> 2:15)
[ONI]
You did a lot of the song perfectly. I love that slowdown, and that speedup following it, synced perfectly (the slowdown is a little late, but the speed up is fine). I'm one for stamina songs, and I think this file was done well enough. It's funny how generic techno songs will translate into generic stamina charts, but either way, other than the two long runs, excellent file. I'll accept, but I'm not sure about the other judges.

I'm Your GummiBear (> 2:15)
[HEAVY]
I'm also assuming this is the oni chart. This was perfectly stepped. Not a single pad error I found. This song is ridiculously fruity, but the cart goes extremely well with it. Definite accept.

Jelly Kiss
[ONI]
This would suit a keyboard file so much better. I dunno, I don't like the jacks all over the place. Some of the patterns you put in were kind of awkward, and didn't really flow with the song. Personally, I would have to say a reject, but you're the pack leader, it's your decision.

Never Say
[ONI]
Stepped very well. I especially like the half turn pattern, fits the vocals perfectly. Subtle layering, consistent patterns throughout without being repetitive. Accept.

Usatei (v2)
[ONI]
Hahaha, your file is pretty much like mine, but easier for the most part. In any case, fun file. Probably better than mine, since I threw in constant 16th streams at the end, and I like that xmod gimmick you threw in the end. There's like one half-turn at the end, but nothing excessive. Excellent file, accepted.

Open Your Eyes (> 2:15)
[ONI]
While I gave an accept to I'm Your Basscreator, at least that had some variety and gimmicks in it to keep it interesting. This is just another boring, generic stamina chart for a female vocal lead song. I already have Heaven on my card, and I'm sure a lot of other people do, too. Rejected.

Scarlet Sister
[HEAVY]
Not synced properly, wtf is that footing? Title is actually "U.N. Owen Was Her?", there's already a pretty good chart for it in my Touhou Pad Pack released not too long ago. In any case though, the entire song is like, rolls and staircases, that aren't even synced properly. no thx u, rejected.

Solid State Squad
[ONI]
Difficult chart after the halfpoint. I believe this was stepped PERFECTLY, until the end. The 32nd trills and 24th notes are a little fast; they're only at the end, for a short moment, but they left me a little iffy considering the speed of the song. I mean, I understand they go with the music, but they might be a bit difficult. I don't think they're impossible, and I don't want to reject an otherwise excellent chart for 1 measure. I don't believe it needs fixing, so I'll give it an accept.

[HEAVY]
Watered down Oni chart

Splash Beats!
[ONI]
Measure 41 - crossover into backwards stream
Hmm.. 190 stream is pretty difficult. The rest of the file isn't consistent with these streams either. It's like, a 7 for a majority of the file, then 190 streams for literally 10 seconds come out of nowhere, making it a hard 13. I can't say I like this file very much, this seems more suited to keyboard. I would personally reject this, but let's see what other judges have to say about it.

Tetris
[ONI]
Can't judge this, rolls crash StepMania 3.9, hahaha

Tricky Disco (> 2:15)
[ONI]
Stepped correctly and well layered for a pad file. However, the song is EXTREMELY repetitive. I sure as hell wouldn't want to play this on pad for the sake of getting bored half way through. I think a cut would work MUCH, MUCH better. But as it stands right now as a four minute song, it'll bore most people to tears. Rejected.

ViennaCore v2
[ONI]
No. Awkward patterns, doublestepping galore, crossovers and spins in 180 stream? Rejected.
Agreed for mostly everything he said....Solid State Squad at the ending was extremely odd for me but w/e.... jelly kiss will be up to the other judges to decide i wont make the decision if it should stay or not

Quote:
More like Tier ~0~
Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #67
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

My ****, ill update this post till tonight then ill just leave my reviews as the song come
=====================
Bokatsu Tenshi
(Oni) Some misplaced 16ths and some random 16ths...
(Hvy) Love the hvy =)
Undefined
=====================
Fascination Maxx (Trance Remix)
(Oni) Self explanatory
Rejected
=====================
Fujiyama Panic
(Oni) Awkward music
Accepted
=====================
Here We Go
(Oni) 2 words, Step pattern
Rejected (unless fixed)
=====================
Im your Bssscreator
(Oni) 5 mins.... theres a 44 sec stream...
Rejected
=====================
Im your Gummi Bear
(Hvy) idk
Undefined
=====================
Open Your Eyes
(Oni) More pointless random streams
Rejected
=====================
Solid State Squad
(Oni) I like, good use of 1/16 streams
Accecpted
=====================
Splash Beats!
(Oni) Inconsistent
Undefined
=====================
Tricky Disco [Ravr]
(Oni) Long but nice
Accepted
=====================
Usatei
(Oni) I cant stand this song
Majority choice
=====================
Never Say
(Oni) <3
Accepted
=====================
Jelly Kiss
(Oni)Interesting
Accepted

Last edited by Oni-Paranoia; 06-20-2008 at 01:51 PM..
Old 06-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #68
kommisar[os]
Banned

i know which half turn you're talking about. it's an odd crossover that i forgot to fix
Old 06-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #69
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Also, I swear, every time I play Never Say, I get a hard-on
Old 06-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #70
BeatboxShinobi
FFR Player

I might have my file done by the end of Saturday, I'd like to test it first at the arcade.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #71
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

sending a file

Edit: Sent.

Last edited by EnR; 06-20-2008 at 10:51 PM..
Old 06-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #72
~Zero~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
sending a file
nice i be sure to test em later

Quote:
More like Tier ~0~
Old 06-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #73
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

If the stream is really gay and has dumb patterns, maybe you can step the stream and we call call it a collab?

I played it index, everything seems fine.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #74
~Zero~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
If the stream is really gay and has dumb patterns, maybe you can step the stream and we call call it a collab?

I played it index, everything seems fine.
sure np

Quote:
More like Tier ~0~
Old 06-21-2008, 01:59 AM   #75
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen

Quote:

Also, I swear, every time I play Never Say, I get a hard-on
Dude, that damn chart is awesome. I played it on pad and jesus christ it's SOOOOO much fun.

Zero won me over like 100% for the FIRST time ever. XD

I love how Oni said my song is awkward. =P

I'll step anything that I think has a really good beat. ^^;

Last edited by TC_Halogen; 06-21-2008 at 02:01 AM..
Old 06-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #76
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯

I would submit for this, but I don't think I have original/good graphics for anything and I think my files are too easy/made for DDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Old 06-21-2008, 02:43 AM   #77
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Xiao suggested that I contribute to this however I'll need to find some songs that'd be more or less perfect for pad. Most of my pad files are usually expert charts that are 11s or 12s since I'm at that level. Hard charts tend to be 8s or 9s for the most part though I don't really step that difficulty unless it's mandatory =/

But yeah, if I do end up stepping a song or two for this, I'll need some graphics since mine are usually half-assed.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Old 06-21-2008, 02:51 AM   #78
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Sense 2007
[ONI]
Awkward steps, random crossovers that need to be doublestepped. Keep a consistent pattern with the speedups, changing trills randomly that fast is not a good idea. Most people on pad will play this on xmod, and as such, set the speed to 3x~5x, meaning it'll zoom by at 600~1000bpm. The rolls were fine, since no actual reading is required, but the alternating trills will indefinitely mess up the player. Requires moderate fixing; gimmicks are good, patterns in them are not, and footing is unusual in a lot of parts. Rejected until further revisions.

Go Beyond!!
[ONI]
Whoa buddy, turns galore at 200bpm for 9 seconds, twice consecutively? Borderline 14, that's ridiculous, rejected.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:45 AM   #79
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen

HUGE review update on the first page.

Newest reviews are on top, and will be separated from the older reviews with vertical bars.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:25 AM   #80
kommisar[os]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zero~ View Post
gimmicks still seem random
it might not sound obvious in the song, but i added them when 32nd sounds were present but since that would make it impossible i just added stutter gimmicks

ps sending 3-4 more files

Last edited by kommisar[os]; 06-21-2008 at 07:28 AM..
Closed Thread