Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-8-2005, 05:49 PM   #61
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
Of course, there's the issue of games not ending at the same time, and that the huge signups may not fill quickly (we all know how slow jTWG signups can be). However, this would give us that needed "break" everybody has been talking about. If there's more time between TWGs, there's more build up and more anticipation for it, so there's more interest. Some people may complain, but a healthy TWG is better than a bunch of rapid-fire TWGs.
Maby just have 1 or however many games (depending on the turnout) at one time, but only be allowed to start at like the first of the month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by example
June 1, July 1, August 1, September 1...
This was there is anticipation, and there is enough time between games for people to sign up and become excited about TWG again. This would make it so that games don't become staggered.(sp?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
Old 06-8-2005, 06:21 PM   #62
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

I did notice the age difference as well. Though, I am the youngest player in TWG, (someone guess my age, Tass doesn't count) and at times it shows. I don't feel this as a lack of maturity, just more as a case of ill-logical or badly written post. I mainly act this way for fear of losing, or making a mistake, I have to take risks, so I hope I can get better.

I am starting to flip-flop to the 2 TWG idea, but where is Chardish on the INF 2 info?
Old 06-8-2005, 07:17 PM   #63
Mimru
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Mimru Send a message via Yahoo to Mimru

Is 11 ._.
Old 06-8-2005, 07:41 PM   #64
psychic25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychic25 Send a message via MSN to psychic25

Ah.

As for my thoughts on all of this:

As someone said earlier, jTWG has its own following now. I do realize that many of the players are moving up to regular TWG, but I believe that there should be two games running simultaneously. When people actually become interested in the game again, there will be more than sixteen players wanting to play.

I also like EB's suggestion about the one huge signups. We really do need a break, and large signups, as he said, help to create impatience and excitement about the game.

And for the mixes of people:

I finally realized that the newbies who started off playing in regular TWG seem to learn a LOT faster than the newbies who started off playing in Junior. I see now that in order for new players to learn, they SHOULD play with more experienced players, so they push themselves harder. Therefore, I support the idea of a signup pool, in which every TWG player signs up and is randomly placed in one of two separate games.
Old 06-8-2005, 10:07 PM   #65
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimru
Is 11 ._.
UUA!.

And now you're banned. Goodbye!

Old 06-9-2005, 06:06 AM   #66
talisman
Resident Penguin

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Sarcasm?

Otherwise, ouch.
Old 06-9-2005, 06:12 AM   #67
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimru
Is 11 ._.
UUA!.

And now you're banned. Goodbye!
hahahaha

wait.. Are you serious? Isn't that a little harsh? And I could've sworn I remembered something about "either I'm 12 years old or I have my parents' permission" or something like that. Maybe I don't remember, it's been a long time. Should probably save this for gb though.

Back to TWG.. I like the idea of the one big signup thing.. but inactivity is such a huge problem in jTWG that if they got out into the real thing it would drag everyone else down. I think maybe.. there should be some sort of activity check for new players. Give them a random PM, and tell them to respond within 24 hours or something. I'm not really sure if that would work, as some people just won't be able to get on during those 24 hours, but something along the lines of it might work. If you let the inactives reach the TWGs it's going to create a very big problem.
Old 06-9-2005, 08:41 AM   #68
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

The minimum age requirement for signing up for any web forum is 13.

Learn to read, people. Registration pages aren't always useless jargon.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 06-9-2005, 10:36 AM   #69
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I'm pretty sure you can do it with parent's permission, but you have to do ridiculous things in order to prove such permission. I can't remember, it's been a while since I signed up for any forums.

And uh, people who are gonna be inactive shouldn't play. We should give people inactivity warnings and make them public. Like, just keep a running total of how many times a person gets a phantom, or how many times they go an entire day without making a single post, and other stuff like that. You people keep all sorts of spreadsheets with data, so this extra info couldn't be too hard to add in (I'm not saying go back and look at previous games, just started recording it when these things happen in your game). Then, if somebody signs up and everybody sees that they've gotten like 50 phantoms and hardly ever post, they may opt to make them sit out the game if other people want to play. If they're so inactive, then they must not really care about the game, so making them sit out shouldn't bother them too much.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 06-9-2005, 10:48 AM   #70
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Uh... Pretty sure we're gooing to go with the 2 phantoms in 1 game = 1 game ban... any future phantom of any kind = permaban.

But, again.... TWC needs to talk.
Old 06-9-2005, 12:19 PM   #71
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

The three phantoms = perma ban is a little harsh. If they already have two phantoms in one game, there should be a reason that they're there. You need to talk to someone before you permaban them from this forum. If they have two phantoms, and someone sees that they're on their computer some time during twg day, then they have no excuse. But unexpected stuff does come up. I think a temp ban would be enough for two, but if a third one occurs in the same game, then how about just increase the tempban? If this bs happens in another game though, then something didnt come up, they just showed inintrest (is that a word) and should be permabanned.

Old 06-9-2005, 01:18 PM   #72
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Permaban is fine...but...

I think there should be some sort of trial held for TWC before it happens.
Old 06-9-2005, 01:55 PM   #73
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Well sometimes there are extenuating circumstances. A giant ice storm could roll through and knock out power unexpectedly, somehow someone may accidentally get a nasty virus on all the computers and destroy them all, someone may get grounded for bad grades and be unable to sneak on ( for Afrobean), or all sorts of things. I think if somebody gets a phantom they need to have a chance to explain themselves. Especially if other people can vouch for them, I think in some cases people should be "pardoned" for their lack of voting.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 06-9-2005, 03:00 PM   #74
User6773

Nothing unexpected in my life has ever kept me away from internet for over 48 hours at a time. Especially not more than 96.

Go to a library, if you have to. A friend's house. But you have to realize when you sign up that TWG is a commitment.

Old 06-9-2005, 03:10 PM   #75
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Well I know all the things I listed could happen, because they actually have happened. It's rare though, so usually if somebody is inactive for a few days it's their own fault. But I mean, if they drop off the face of the internet entirely, there's probably something amiss. But if we keep seeing them posting elsewhere on FFR, well.....they're lame and deserve a tempban.

Old 06-9-2005, 03:30 PM   #76
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Well seriously, it's called responsibility. If you don't have it, get it. If you're incapable of getting it, don't sign up for TWG. When I wasn't able to be online because I had other things I had to do or had to be at, I talked on the phone to people that I was playing with in TWG. Well, the allied ones, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 06-9-2005, 05:23 PM   #77
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

You guys aren't being very forgiving at all. Jurs, most people don't talk to people on the phone that they've met on internet forums. On AIM, yes, but on the phone? Not an extremely common thing. Also, if you can't get on the computer but are able to call someone, how can you trust them to post for you unless you are both wolves? If you're human and they're not, they could easily, after you give them your password, post on your account that you are a wolf or something and get you killed.

Seriously guys, all I'm saying is that people should have a chance to explain, and if their explaination really shows a good reason why they couldn't get on, they should be pardoned. There ARE situations where computers stop being available that CAN suddenly come up without you knowing beforehand, when you signed up. Especially since most of the users here are still kids whose parents have control of them in the end, a lot of things are out of people's hands.

Old 06-9-2005, 05:32 PM   #78
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

^Agreed.
Old 06-9-2005, 05:47 PM   #79
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
You guys aren't being very forgiving at all. Jurs, most people don't talk to people on the phone that they've met on internet forums. On AIM, yes, but on the phone? Not an extremely common thing.
I'm talking about the people that already had my phone number. You know, so that you can at least be filled in on what's happening/when the deadlines are and so on. That's just what I did. I mean, it's one thing if a person is playing a bunch and then can't anymore because they got grounded or something. But let's jog your memory. Remember Gamepro a few games ago? He didn't play...at all. Whatsoever. Another thing is when the game is being played and someone is in it who isn't active, but you see on AIM all the time. I'm kind of reminding myself of blah, here. Yes, he had his finals, but he knew he did. He shouldn't have signed up unless he knew he would be able to actively participate throughout the game and put in some kind of dedication to the game. All i'm saying is, don't sign up if you're going to act like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:15 AM   #80
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Well I know that, but Chardish was all like "oh well I always have a computer blah blah blah" and I thought it was really insensitive of him that he didn't even recognize that some things are out of our control.

Closed Thread