Old 08-7-2016, 11:50 PM   #681
Yoshiisland
FFR R1 Pikachu
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoshiisland
Default Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Computer issues and besides I had chores to do anyway. The YoshL thing stuck out so I wanted to comment on it before I forgot. I had every intention of reading that when I came back (and after this post I am going to re-read it, which will be super helpful since I got to read a big Xiz post just now) So yeah, I will address it.

You haven't really been keeping up with the thread have you? When have I consistently been obsessed with you? I only typed in your name in that list cause I wanted to ping everyone with under 10 post. I mostly want to see Arnt dig a hole for himself.

This really strikes me as OMGUS with the silliest of triggers and flimsiest of reasons. This quoted post of yours is #10 and you accuse me of doing the bare minimum while ignoring how good you've been keeping up with the thread? You serious right now? Ok. You also show that you think a computer freezing up on me is less of an excuse then you signing up for a 17 man TWG with OSU running on the same weekend. Like don't get me wrong, I probably would have excluded you had I realized you had other projects in the oven, but damn that's some silly hypocrisy to come in and try to throw shade at me for waiting to respond to Xel after I've been consistently in thread trying to keep a beat on everything for hours, leaving only when I am less then an hour away from bedtime and the computer wouldn't stay on track.

This is a bad post, this is a laughably bad post with horrible reasoning and a vote that just looks like it screams you want to start a Wagon like as soon as possible. The issue here is I don't know if you're the Vigi role who has to outlast us all getting pissed that you've been pinged D0 or if you're a town player pissed that a man with only 3 other TWGs under his belt had the nerve to ping you (But not really ping you because I was pinging like a group of people lol)
I'm getting the vibe of this post of general annoyance from MML. Bit over reactive but have good points about Yosh.

Quote:
The last line seems to contradict the rest. Mind reaffirming where you stand on the subject?
No problem. I'm saying that I'm not buying into the high post count thing being indicative of anything at this point yet.

Currently reading #543
Old 08-7-2016, 11:53 PM   #682
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

Read over the last 10 pages or so and my Human reads have been pretty constant. I have a headache rn and I ought to go to bed soon since I have to wake up early tomorrow, so I'll just leave my reads with brief explanations.

Strong Human Leans:
sunfan - I've been mindmelding like heck with him so far this game. Also, there was a post somewhere I thought was really Humany, though, I forget where it was.
reuben_tate - Mostly for the thoughtful nature of his posts. They come off as coming from a Human-mindset and are very pure sounding to me.

Human Leans
AragakiAyase - My newly wedded wife tbh. He has like 99x unconditional attack in PAD! I've already covered my stance on him; much of his bickering with Xiz and Gradiant came off to me as legitimate indignation for being wrongly accused.
Xiz - I think his early game behavior is consistent with his remark to me later about being critical about small details and attempting to find slipups. One small thing I thought was pretty Human was that, after making his long post, he posted after requesting for others to read it. I think it would be likelier for a Human to wish for acknowledgement about one's effort than a Wolf.
XelNya - I originally had him as Slightly Human because I liked his thoughts in his long post (particularly the eagerness and bluntness he had about certain reasoning for suspicions, namely again AragakiAyase and MixMasterLar). I bumped him up a tier because sunfan also mentioned somewhere as reading him Human, and I think it's an indication that he is indeed probably Human.

Slight Human Leans
Gradiant - Mostly for the manner of his play. He's an aggressive Player from the last time I played with him, but I feel he's more reserved (as I think sunfan mentioned somewhere) and defensive in his play as a Wolf than as a Human.
MixMasterLar - He made a post a while ago about being certain about something AragakiAyase said as something a Human would never say; I felt like it was somewhat Human. I think his play overall has been a bit awkward, but nothing has jumped out to me as suspicious.

Null
Dabackpack - Want to see more of him tomorrow before I declare JUDGEMENT.
YoshL - Has been understandably busy. His few posts so far have me a bit worried though, since I feel like he's only ever really been defending himself again MixMasterLar or commenting on something related to him.
Red Blaster - Hasn't posted enough.
Tokzic - Hasn't posted enough.
inDheart - Some of his posts from earlier in the game came off as Humany to me, but I haven't seen enough of him to justify having any leaning.
Wineandbread - He hasn't posted too much, but I feel like I should have a stronger opinion of him when I take a closer look at him later. I will say that his last post gives me Humany vibes though. I don't think a new Player would likely post something daring like that as a Wolf.

Slight Wolf Leans
Arntonach - Didn't like his reads. YoshL mentioned that they seemed faked (i.e. he didn't read the thread in full). I also didn't like this post from earlier. It's stating a few obvious facts about the game and unexplained reads. I also don't like this line very much: "I just want to make sure my posts are good as well as to not have a repeat of turbo 3."
Charu - Has evidently been in the thread, but hasn't posted much of substance. Definitely want to see more from him. Only in this tier due to a gut-feeling.
Yoshiisland - Don't like his posts at all. They seem aloof and it doesn't feel like he knows what he's doing.

I'm not feeling so confident in my Wolf leans, but I'm pretty comfortable with my Human leans. I'm not sure about whether I'm confusing newness to Wolfiness. In any case, Charu definitely has a thread presence, but hasn't done anything of note yet. I know you like frivolling a lot, but I would like some content from you - at least your reads.

I'm going to go off to bed now though. My head hurts a lot.
But before I go,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
have I actually created a new twg meme
is creating a twg meme alignment-indicative???
Old 08-7-2016, 11:57 PM   #683
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

Oh, actually, I forgot to mention. I'm probably going to be researching for basically the entire day tomorrow (including End of Day in all likelihood). I'll still be able to come online and post, but I'm also going to be spending a number of seconds refilling Nitrogen every 1.5 minutes (and probably leave infrequently to do other things), which may not sound like a big deal, but is really annoying. idk if that'll really affect my playing significantly, but I figure it might be something worth mentioning since I hate being interrupted.
Old 08-7-2016, 11:58 PM   #684
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Actually, nvm, I misremembered End of Day time. I'll be home for at least an hour or two before then.

Good night for real now!!!
Old 08-8-2016, 12:02 AM   #685
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Maybe when I'm at work tomorrow

But only maybe, hee hee hee.

Night, Mashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 08-8-2016, 12:02 AM   #686
Yoshiisland
FFR R1 Pikachu
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoshiisland

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
today's Post Writing Background Noise(tm) is brought to you by arcade pit marathon

that's me trying to say i don't (well, didn't) have meta knowledge. xiz asked me if there was anything "different" about AA

have a timeline

- i vote mashi, sunfan votes me, i unvote mashi
- AA sees this, thinks a new player might unvote so not to attract attention as wolf, sticks a vote on me
- i vote AA, partly because he's taking my situation way too seriously (what i mean by "oddly serious wagoning" is it's way easier to start a push on someone who already has parked votes, even if they're jokes; "wagoning" is probably the wrong word though in retrospect) and partly because he made that "alignment indicative" post, which is literally no-content and very duh after two whole people brought up mashi's sudden realization that gradiant was in the game after all (yeah sure, this looks like me wagoning, but not furthering the discussion while keeping his vote parked on me means he's taking the game's first big contradiction not very seriously)
- AA and mashi talk about me: AA sees what i did as more wolfy than not whereas mashi could see it going either way
- i come back in and explain that i get the other two votes on me are lols (after all, it's right in their posts)
- AA unvotes
- somewhere in there mashi talks about the gradiant timeline and clears that up as just a mistake really

so with both my points being gone, unvote

i see gradiant's post about AA's "horrible tone" above but honestly i don't think his has been the best either. not really justification for holding that vote imo. i do appreciate that he's poking at details like mashigate but i wanna see him tackle sunfan's defense of AA a little closer than that, and see why parking his vote there is better than anyone else that's come up

yoshiisland, your post came long after mine, and while i still did have a vote on AA, it seems like you could have read ahead a bit more. i feel like you sleepwalked into the thread today

Fair enough and I should probably read a little more before responding. I didn't expect this level activity.

Quote:
island have you seen my post
Can you point out which post is it so I don't miss it?
Old 08-8-2016, 12:03 AM   #687
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
is creating a twg meme alignment-indicative???
lmfao i like that the roast is still real on that post

fixing up a MML post atm, will probably have to do reads tomorrow

i spent 7 hours straight on this game today ouch, that's what i get for forced vacation
Old 08-8-2016, 12:07 AM   #688
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
what

this is a completely incorrect analysis of the events that have happened
oh okay i found your AA quotes post, i guess i missed it because it seemed disconnected from the "AA's cool cuz meta" post on a first pass
Old 08-8-2016, 12:26 AM   #689
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Wait why on earth would you---

OH I GET IT It's a shit post hahaha
It's not a shitpost... it's a hard claim.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Old 08-8-2016, 12:27 AM   #690
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

@yoshiisland

Quote:
not even going to bother revisiting tokzic/red blaster cause none of them have really done anything

but I will go over yoshiisland's 3 relevant posts

very neutral here. you say it feels like xiz (gradiant? you never clarified) was reaction testing me and that I was doing poorly, but what does that make you think about our alignments? xiz more town for doing reaction testing? me more scum for not doing well? where's the reading more on this later?

you say you don't know how total post count is indicative, but then you say that it's safe to say if there's an active wolf, the worst inactives are scums? big contraction there (and I think someone pointed out earlier), please clear it up

so this is a really delayed response to an old post, it's somewhat relevant but not terribly useful. How about you give your reads instead?

atm not liking island a whole lot, his 3 posts consist of one that's very neutral, one with a contradiction, and one that doesn't really add anything. need to hear more, atm scum lean

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 08-8-2016, 12:27 AM   #691
Tokzic
FFR Player

alright guys your confirmed Attorney has decided to start reading the thread, get ready

Old 08-8-2016, 12:27 AM   #692
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

ORDER! ORDER! ORDER IN THE COURT! We have a new visitor.

_Zenith_ has replaced Red Blaster.

I expect everyone to be on their best behavior, okay?
Old 08-8-2016, 12:31 AM   #693
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
TOKZIC IS MY SPOUSE AND IS PERFECT AND MODEST TOO.
wow mashi you think you can just sweet-talk me like that into townreading you

nope you're gonna have to work harder for it

Old 08-8-2016, 12:32 AM   #694
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
wow mashi you think you can just sweet-talk me like that into townreading you

nope you're gonna have to work harder for it
I enjoy the music of BBNG
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 08-8-2016, 12:32 AM   #695
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yo so it's far too late for me to start reading this phase so far but I'll dedicate time to doing so tomorrow.

Old 08-8-2016, 12:36 AM   #696
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
To be fair, while I would have loved Arnt to have been the one who responded I was content with posting with YoshL instead. I don't know what evidence you want me to post though. I never stated that was my goal (which would have ruined the point)
i think i miswrote that one because there wouldn't be much "evidence" to quote, but you didn't quote the context you were talking about as far as i can see

so let's amend that to you being on the "DBP is quiet" train as of that point

also welcome zenith
Old 08-8-2016, 12:41 AM   #697
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Give him until 30 minutes till EoD, he'll show up and provide his, what did he say in the last turbo? "Legendary gut reads of Justice"?

Sounds about right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
Just tired of this dumb deadlock where I'm powerless to do anything besides flip juckter and hope it doesn't lose me the game.

It's Raeko Charu, isn't it. ~_~
sounds about right

Old 08-8-2016, 12:43 AM   #698
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
Hello friends

I have been busy watching The International

I will now briefly shitpost before I must sleep
same

Old 08-8-2016, 12:46 AM   #699
Tokzic
FFR Player

Alright guys, I think I solved the game.

Old 08-8-2016, 12:50 AM   #700
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
achievement unlocked for tokz: town of salem tier shitposting
You talking shit about my hard claim, bitch?

Closed Thread