Old 02-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #621
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXIV: Classics Man - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Dear Ms. Franziska,

Truly, it is not my intention to push your buttons --except for one, perhaps, but let us not speak of that here--.
I only asked about your perception of my views because I felt as though you were misunderstanding a critical component.
I said, ""not especially towny" means I don't have him as a strong town. I'm not sure of him at all, actually. Haku usually solves himself with time, so I'm comfortable leaving him alone for now.",, Ms. Franziska, and yet you continuously refer to my opinion of Hakulyte as "negative".
They are not negative, Ms. Franziska. It is only true that they are not positive. Do you see where I am coming from?

Eternally yours, with love and adoration,
Mr. ShadoWolfe

Are you to saying then your post...

Quote:
Pulling up the post that unnerved me, 1sec
...is not of the negative opinion then, Mr. ShadoWolfe?

Assuming "unnerved" is a word associated with negative emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #622
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Is it close to your dream of catching me in a wolf game? Sucks because it'll never happen loLOLlLOlOLol (especially not this game since it's impossible)
I think Charu dreams of busing wolves, not catching them
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #623
Prophylaxis
FFR Player

OK, mostly caught up?

1. One thing that pinged me about XelNya was that he said that "AA was being a try hard" but there was no vote to accompany it. Now, I have a feeling that the site meta lends itself to not really voting randomly on Day 1, but back where I come from not voting in RVS kind of raises some eyebrows because you are being non-committal. The rest of his posts don't realllly leave much to be desired. His "my lynch pool is all the people who are claiming wolf" thing doesn't really mean much if you don't vote!

2. I kind of like Charu's reminding everyone that post # means absolutely nothing when we're hunting scum (because the first five pages of the thread is just video game discussion). Like how he's seeing similar things to me w/r/t Jade Harley. His read on backpack is understandable but I'd be more inclined to wait until backpack posts some actual content. I also like the tone on 477 - "give Haku a chance to prove he's town" is something I've done in the past myself as town. He engages with AA and yeah. So mostly positive vibes here from what I've experienced - stuff that's fairly easy fakable as wolf, but I'm cool with Charu.

3. Kind of experiencing last-game syndrome with AA in that I have no idea what to look for, if he is indeed scum. I misread him pretty hard in the Turbo so I don't really want to make the same mistake here. I like that he's thinking along the same lines with me w/r/t Haku but everything looks sort of par for the course?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragaki
I was excited and ready to roll

then people shitposted for nearly 500 posts and I was not happy to have to sift through looking for actual content
Heh, same here. I enjoy talking about video games, but when they add like an hour to my catchups it feels bad.

So yeah, unsure of AA yet, but hoping to engage with him and try to work together (if he's town) or dunk him (if he's scum) now that I actually have time to play a real game here.

4. MML.. I like some of the tone ("let's solve the game")/("Let's throw Haku in our D0 town pile") and his gut reads seems fine for the most part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MML
Raeko is going UTR again and at this point in life I'm ok with policy lynch
Assuming Raeko is mellonxcolle here - Are you really dinging someone for going UTR in the first couple hours of the Day starting, let alone proposing a policy lynch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MML
Hey Proph why do you hate Pizza?
You're right, I do dislike pizza. I dislike it because I've been to Rome once, and the pizza there >>>>>>>>>>>> American pizza.

Why did you ask this question?

5. roundbox - Was pretty serious early which kind of pinged me because IMO, wolves have difficulty posting organically and naturally the first couple of hours on the Day. They want to see how townies start posting and then follow up with them. However, I like how he saw the same thing I saw with mellon (mild mindmeld). I also think this post is townie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox
You want a punch? I think AA is townleaning me too quickly. He normally takes in a bit more from me and sees me cautiously. Not feeling that from him at the moment
So yeah, leaning town on him.

6. shadowolfe - Want to see his reasoning on his hottake and I'm not the biggest fan of him shading mellon. OK I see the reasoning and yeah it's mostly gut. Not exactly getting much from his responses thus far, gonna try and interact with him in real time in order to solve him.

7. mellon: This post stood out to me in my catchup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcolle
I didn't like Jade's entrance or the fact that they are using green text. The green text just screams "Trying to make green stick in the back of your head subconsciously"
I don't think a wolf ever thinks of that second sentence. I kind of want her to actually, y'know, start scumhunting/asking questions, but that sentence just really stood out to me.

9. Don't think WoC really posted much game content so far, so gonna analyze them when they start posting.

10. The main impression I got with Jade Harley's posts is:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/VAeA885.jpg[/img

Their posts felt kind of awkward and felt more like wanting to fit in with the video game discussion. I know that there's a large wagon on them already, but bigger wagons = good for wagon analysis later in the game.

Also, is there something to Hakulyte summoning Jade in between 380 and 381?

11. I know Sunfan is a high quality player because I was sort of following the Wild Card game over at MU so I'm excited to play with him. Been reading his posts and don't really have a sense on his stances, so I'll engage with him in order to figure out where he's at.

12. DaBackpack has mountains of video game discussion and little with actually talking about the game. Going to withhold my read on him until he does so.

So yeah.

TWG Jade Harley because bigger wagons are great.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:59 PM   #624
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The catch with Jade Harley is that I can't tell if the posts were done to cover "being an alt" or "being wolfy" or "being an alt and being wolfy".
Old 02-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #625
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I don't expect your personality to change
don't put words in my mouth like that, friend

what I expect is, as a wolf, for people to force themselves to post with what they feel like their same tone

its not the consistency/inconsistency, its how the post comes across, though I do think I have a separate read on you regarding consistency
I see where you're coming from, but I have to totally disagree when it comes to jokes. I think joking is exactly when a wolf might be able to be 100% natural, because most jokes aren't specifically game-related, and because a joke requires the same source (sense of humor), regardless of alignment, to be thought of and shared.

What's your read on me regarding consistency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #626
Hakulyte
the Haku

My goal was to press Jade Harley to "out" if it's an alt because if Jade Harley is town here, that's going to be super hard to defend.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #627
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
@ Number 2:

They're strange, but I wouldn't say wolf yet. It's more like "why are you acting like wolves?" and "what are you trying to accomplish out of it?".

I think we need to figure out intentions of why they're doing what they're doing first and the best way to do that is to ask them directly so..

@AA / sunfan / DBP

Can you answer these two questions in bold?
because it was fun and I wanted to have fun
I probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't see DBP (I think it was DBP) doing it first
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #628
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
He acknowledged that himself, in the string of posts, and noted that people would say exactly what you're saying lmao
look man Xel gives 0 fucks as a wolf
I think he even said something about how he expected to get wolfread for those posts last game too
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #629
Prophylaxis
FFR Player

Oh and I forget Haku in that post.

I'll echo the people who say he feels relaxed and I like the second part of this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
You're probably both town tbh. (feel free to laugh at this in post game)
Unsure how I feel about him proposing scumteams before we've even had a flip, though, but it's less egregious given that he's suspicious of both AA/shadoW.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #630
Hakulyte
the Haku

If Jade Harley is FreezinIce, I have a wolf game with Xel/juckter1 where FreezinIce straight up said weird stuff D0 with Gradiant and picked a fight until mislynch on his slot. "Too wolfy to be wolf" could possibly apply, but I'm still tilted at the "potential alt account" stuff.

tl;dr: Jade Harley should be put "on hold" until there's more posts that address these things.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #631
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post

Are you to saying then your post...

...is not of the negative opinion then, Mr. ShadoWolfe?

Assuming "unnerved" is a word associated with negative emotions.
I said there was a post that unnerved me in the same post that I said I hadn't placed Haku. Meaning my opinion overall was "Haku solves himself", but that there was one post that bothered me. That means my overall opinion is NOT negative, no. So when you assumed my views afterwards and say you disagree with my negative opinion, I had to correct you. I'm just surprised that one point took this long, Mademoiselle.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #632
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophylaxis View Post
Oh and I forget Haku in that post.

I'll echo the people who say he feels relaxed and I like the second part of this post:

Unsure how I feel about him proposing scumteams before we've even had a flip, though, but it's less egregious given that he's suspicious of both AA/shadoW.
See it like "If Haku made a read list, MML and Xel would be town read at this point for him".
Old 02-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #633
Prophylaxis
FFR Player

Sunfan, what do you think of the elephant in the room? (Jade Harley, and the resulting wagon on it).

Do you think Jade is town or scum from how fast the wagon sprang up? If Jade's town, who are the wolves on it?
Old 02-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #634
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Hot read: 100¢ says XelNya's town
Can't you just say a dollar, and could you show your work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
what is there to punch on? there's nothing here, it's almost all shitposts
of the people who shit posted they're a wolf earlier do you think any of them actually are for the great meme or do you think they're actually all shit posts
Old 02-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #635
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
What's your read on me regarding consistency?
I'll tell you if you tell Charu your tell on him
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #636
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Sunfan, what do you think of the elephant in the room? (Jade Harley, and the resulting wagon on it).

Do you think Jade is town or scum from how fast the wagon sprang up? If Jade's town, who are the wolves on it?
I'll talk about this in a sec
good question tho
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:10 PM   #637
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
6. shadowolfe - Want to see his reasoning on his hottake and I'm not the biggest fan of him shading mellon. OK I see the reasoning and yeah it's mostly gut. Not exactly getting much from his responses thus far, gonna try and interact with him in real time in order to solve him.
What hottake?

What shading of mellon?
Do you consider "and mellonxcollie" to be "throwing shade", so to speak?

Not at all very impressed with the larger "reads list" post this came from, tbh..

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #638
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Jade is also a silly wagon for now, we know nothing about them and while their play is pretty unnoteworthy. and a post charu nit picked out earlier is worth back paging for now

I dunno

I'm also 4 pages behind and need to go get ready for work
Old 02-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #639
Prophylaxis
FFR Player

Could have missed it, but Haku, why exactly do you have Xel as town?
Old 02-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #640
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

That is the single most broken post I've ever made. Sorry 'bout that.
Closed Thread