Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-5-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

i will be around a little later for interacty purposes and reading but i'm just a lil too tipsy now to focus
Old 05-5-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

also, since you brought up me playing DotA this game, here's my dotabuff lmfao
https://www.dotabuff.com/players/10862432

I don't really play it anymore
Old 05-5-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

NOW I'm gonna go play video games a bit before playing more twg
BRB, gotta get my burgers out
Old 05-5-2019, 02:35 PM   #4
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Hey roundbox

let me ask you something

would you be down to lynch lar today
Old 05-5-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Hey roundbox

let me ask you something

it's not outside of my window of "who I might be ok lynching", but I need to read his posts again to see if I would rather lynch him above other people, and vice versa

to put this more clearly: he's not screaming "too town to lynch" at the moment for me, but it's not based off of much
Old 05-5-2019, 04:25 PM   #6
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Hey roundbox

let me ask you something

would you though, who are you down to lynch? and why lar specifically?

Old 05-5-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
flashflash account
FFR Player

Last time Lar was too town to lynch he was a wolf :V

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-5-2019, 03:04 PM   #8
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

YO roundbox

I agree with your analysis of her wolfplay. Yes to all three of those difficulties she has in her wolfgames.

Look again at your own "proof" that she's different this game, though. I think your own examples work against her using your own rubric.

Postcount: She's near the bottom of players in postcount (3rd lowest)

Posting reads: almost all her reads this game (including both the ones I've posted and the ones in your own quote) are waffly and inconclusive. The NOVEL Read ends in "hard to read I guess" the FFA one you admitted is paper thin. In the post I quoted she's asked about her wolfreads and responds with 4 people. Out of those 4 in her wolfreads list, she ends 3 f those reads of them with a near dismissal of her own read "could be way off" "may be a lack of experience" "I'm having flashbacks". I can show you more if you'd like but this should illustrate the point we'll enough

Post timing: with 38 posts in 68 hours, I don't much think her timing here supercedes the other two factors, but I will grant that her timing isn't as overtly opportunistic as it's been in prior wolfgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-5-2019, 03:26 PM   #9
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
YO roundbox

I agree with your analysis of her wolfplay. Yes to all three of those difficulties she has in her wolfgames.

Look again at your own "proof" that she's different this game, though. I think your own examples work against her using your own rubric.

Postcount: She's near the bottom of players in postcount (3rd lowest)

Posting reads: almost all her reads this game (including both the ones I've posted and the ones in your own quote) are waffly and inconclusive. The NOVEL Read ends in "hard to read I guess" the FFA one you admitted is paper thin. In the post I quoted she's asked about her wolfreads and responds with 4 people. Out of those 4 in her wolfreads list, she ends 3 f those reads of them with a near dismissal of her own read "could be way off" "may be a lack of experience" "I'm having flashbacks". I can show you more if you'd like but this should illustrate the point we'll enough

Post timing: with 38 posts in 68 hours, I don't much think her timing here supercedes the other two factors, but I will grant that her timing isn't as overtly opportunistic as it's been in prior wolfgames
I see where you're coming from on your points. In regards to post timing and post count, I think those two are closer to my interpretation. If you look at the game I linked, she is the lowest post counter (xel replaced, t-force has twgma posts, and star was killed n1). It's lowest by a very solid margin, not quite like this game.
Old 05-5-2019, 03:45 PM   #10
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I see where you're coming from on your points. In regards to post timing and post count, I think those two are closer to my interpretation. If you look at the game I linked, she is the lowest post counter (xel replaced, t-force has twgma posts, and star was killed n1). It's lowest by a very solid margin, not quite like this game.
You're really telling me that the summation of all your years playing raeko is that she isn't scum if she:

A) Isn't exactly the lowest poster

and

B) Posts at somewhat regular intervals

?
I think that's a bit of a stretch, no? You agree the reads themselves are iffy, so there's gotta be something more to your hard townread?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-5-2019, 03:58 PM   #11
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You're really telling me that the summation of all your years playing raeko is that she isn't scum if she:

A) Isn't exactly the lowest poster

and

B) Posts at somewhat regular intervals

?
I think that's a bit of a stretch, no? You agree the reads themselves are iffy, so there's gotta be something more to your hard townread?
I don't think it's a stretch, but it's fair for people to find an issue with that. My case supporting her is far from perfect. One angle that I forgot to mention or just didn't think about mentioning with proper emphasis is that I've been on a wolf team with her multiple times. I know the mindset she had from wolf chat, and I had to poke her a few times to make points, even at some times providing points for her to use against other people since she couldn't find anything.
Old 05-5-2019, 04:04 PM   #12
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I don't think it's a stretch, but it's fair for people to find an issue with that. My case supporting her is far from perfect. One angle that I forgot to mention or just didn't think about mentioning with proper emphasis is that I've been on a wolf team with her multiple times. I know the mindset she had from wolf chat, and I had to poke her a few times to make points, even at some times providing points for her to use against other people since she couldn't find anything.
You're making her seem inept as a wolf but that isn't really the case. She's won her share of games and even won singlehandedly as SK in that one game I can't remember the name of.

There was a "wolf Raeko stays UTR" meta read on her for awhile afterwards but she flipped that in a subsequent game and it became largely irrelevant.

That's why I'm not really buying the image you're painting, if that makes sense. :shrug: I just ask you to give her another read to confirm your own thoughts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-5-2019, 03:08 PM   #13
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm not really getting mellon using 'over-confident' being a buzzword for me shado. I'd say you were overconfident last game because you knew you were caught but knew that town wasn't going to do anything about it. Here, your role isn't known but you're just being arrogant. arrogant over over-confident.
Old 05-5-2019, 03:40 PM   #14
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
I'm not really getting mellon using 'over-confident' being a buzzword for me shado. I'd say you were overconfident last game because you knew you were caught but knew that town wasn't going to do anything about it. Here, your role isn't known but you're just being arrogant. arrogant over over-confident.
You know what... fight me

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-5-2019, 03:41 PM   #15
Gradiant

Quote:
You know what... fight me
No thanks, you'd probably kick my ass
Old 05-5-2019, 03:46 PM   #16
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
No thanks, you'd probably kick my ass
Haha nah man I'm too tired these days I'd just try to take my ass-kicking with dignity

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-5-2019, 03:10 PM   #17
Gradiant

I'm also really not comfortable reading mellon because I always have a bias of scumreading her everygame I play with her. It's either scum because inactivity or scum because I think she's not making much of her own points and just going with other people. Somebody that has played more games with them or know them better as a person would have a much better idea of her siding her than me
Old 05-5-2019, 03:17 PM   #18
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm also really not comfortable reading mellon because I always have a bias of scumreading her everygame I play with her. It's either scum because inactivity or scum because I think she's not making much of her own points and just going with other people. Somebody that has played more games with them or know them better as a person would have a much better idea of her siding her than me
we all have one person we sheep reads on in twg

I have two tho: haku and her

'cept this game atm

I actually feel like Haku's great and... tbh I'm inclined to agree with shado's recent response atm as I'm rereading d0

his statement is about critiquing the "rubric" roundbox lays out (btw shado I really appreciate the choice of words, fucking great shit man)

and to pile a little extra on there, even if her post count was higher, there's a question of content contained and where it is in context to what's going on

which btw on a reread is... not great imho atm but it's d0 hindsight reread so I don't wanna like grab that and cherry pick the earlier part of the game as a defining HAH HE RITE THO

so till I get caught up I don't wanna sell myself

but I get what he's probably actually trying to get at?

correct me if I'm wrong shado
Old 05-5-2019, 03:13 PM   #19
Gradiant

Not really caring much for ffa or xel atm. xel is sorta fine though because he said he'd post more once he had time so I'm waiting for that, while ffa is just shitting around with 'confirmed town' and it's irritating me.
Old 05-5-2019, 03:14 PM   #20
flashflash account
FFR Player

Quote:
Not really caring much for ffa or xel atm. xel is sorta fine though because he said he'd post more once he had time so I'm waiting for that, while ffa is just shitting around with 'confirmed town' and it's irritating me.
That's like
Not even a read
Try again

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Closed Thread