Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-9-2007, 06:43 AM   #6121
Vote4Nixon
Simdeist
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Vote4Nixon
Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread

How bout # songs you can put in a batch = # songs you have in game/in queue + 1. Doesn't matter whether it's a new submission or a resubmit (I don't think it should matter, as long as the stepfile author feels he/she is submitting something that's "the best" of his/her work), and doesn't depend on a specific batch for each person (sometimes ppl get lazy/busy for a batch and will end up submitting less, and they shouldn't be penalized as such). If that's too strict, then it can be +2 or +3, etc...

Or, (and this will prolly make the simfile authors much happier and be more organized), you can grind a large batch in a short amount of time, and then do a "batch a week" thing. In that case, no submission cap.

EDIT: Actually, you can prolly implement a submission cap until you get enough submissions where you're capable of handling the batch in a week. Then remove the cap, and continue to do a batch a week. I don't think, in a week, you'll get nearly enough submissions to go overboard, unless we get a surge of more noobie stepfile authors.

And JX, ionno, hopefully we run outta good songs to step?
It's Super effective!

FFR Widget Songs
Wiggers are for wiggers...

Last edited by Vote4Nixon; 11-9-2007 at 08:34 AM..
Old 11-9-2007, 07:19 AM   #6122
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

How about you close the batch for aprox. 1 month and start to clear the queue and after a month each person can submit as tass said: 2 files, 1 resubmit, 1 extra file per each file queue'd in earlier batch. That sounds great.

CBR
Old 11-9-2007, 07:22 AM   #6123
behanjc
stargroup & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to behanjc

But then even when the batch is closed, ppl will still make files. And eventually ppl who make a ton of files would have a queue of their own piling up except for what they can submit
Old 11-9-2007, 07:25 AM   #6124
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
batch is officially closed... jesus. i compiled stuff 3 days ago and had 78 files (oct 18-nov5... 18 days). total batch: 147. 69 files in the past 3 days, including at least 20+ resubmits.

as much as i don't like it... i think we may need to re-adjust the way the batches work again. limit submissions more. 4 different people each submitted close to 10 files in the past 3 days, each with a ton of original and resubmit works.

thoughts on a stricter submission policy? the 147 has 0 strictness. didn't even hold over any of npv's or the other guys files. everything is in there. i've heard as much as closing submissions for a few months.... or limiting people to 2 per batch. etc. thoughts?

i've been thinking... perhaps 2 new submits per batch, 1 resubmit per batch, plus 1 extra submission in a batch for each file queue'd in the previous batch. if you submitted 0 in the previous batch, then go by the batch where you last submitted files. that way the big submitters of quality files will still be able to do so, and those who aren't doing quality files will be forced to work on more quality and make more decisions about which songs to step in the first place.

edit: based on winamp, the batch is 6 hours of files to play. plus time to make notes on each file @ 30 seconds per... looking at 7-8 hours of work for the batch. Hell, I think this is still doable in 1 week. 21 files a day isn't that much.
I'd actually be supporting the new submission cap, despite the number of ****ty files I submit. Besides, I don't have nearly as much time as I used to. Closing submissions is no, but drastically reducing the amount of submissions is good.

Also, if there's really gonna be 147 files...you might as well hold files over; I don't care.
Old 11-9-2007, 07:48 AM   #6125
Knoobish
alia shawkat
FFR Simfile Author

Holding over submissions for a month is a bad idea, if that's all you're going to do; like behanjc said, people will just have piles of files saved up. I think holding over submissions for a month AND limiting the amount of files submittable per batch is a good idea. The file limit could be a static number for everyone, say, 2 files (original or resubmit), or a number based on files in the game, possibly 2+files you have in the game, up to a total 5 files per batch.
Honestly, I don't care how good you are at stepping files, if you're submitting over 5 per 3-4 weeks, the files are probably crap, or barely acceptable.
Another idea I had, this one to limit the number of v2's being submitted, would be for jx/rebirth/tass to post a list of songs (if any) they'd like to see have a v2. While this could potentially lead to 20 submissions for a v2, it's better than having to play through something like Midnight Dragon v2. Plus, if someone was stupid enough to ignore the list and submit it anyways, then you could just auto-reject it and that's one less file you have to test.
Old 11-9-2007, 08:48 AM   #6126
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Yet again I offer a wonderful idea. lmao jk

But seriously though, Tass's idea of submission cap is quite good. Whoever suggested queue/in-game files +1, bad idea. Some people have some very bad files in-game.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 11-9-2007, 08:51 AM   #6127
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
Yet again I offer a wonderful idea. lmao jk

But seriously though, Tass's idea of submission cap is quite good. Whoever suggested queue/in-game files +1, bad idea. Some people have some very bad files in-game.
lol synth

*Edit*

Wait, is SulferDragon's Charge!!! in-game? And if it isn't, is it even in the queue o_o

Last edited by omgitznpv; 11-9-2007 at 09:27 AM..
Old 11-9-2007, 10:36 AM   #6128
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
(not to mention ass-kisser MML).
I had to lol at this, my Gerudo Interlude file is my last FFR file and then I work on SIU only (the execpion being a promise I made to Sherry Kim, but that wont be done for months). Tass has gotten a tad bit of extreme as of late...and regardless of what he wants to say I feel he has been messing the sync up.

so get off my back, Im on your frickin' side this time

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-9-2007, 01:28 PM   #6129
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Charge!!! is definitely in the queue. Not as good as it should be, because FFR can't handle huge 1/12 jacks

Old 11-9-2007, 01:33 PM   #6130
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
Charge!!! is definitely in the queue. Not as good as it should be, because FFR can't handle huge 1/12 jacks
brb making a failure of an attempt at knocking charge out
Old 11-9-2007, 01:35 PM   #6131
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

won't base it off in game files. only off of the previous batch. that'll prevent synth and kwik from submitting 30 files each again. damn them. you know if this were based off of in game, they'd take advantage. with their silly blue note files and gallop'd jumps. i bet even Hyro and A0 would mess it up too. damn them all.

but, glad to see that there is pretty much unanimous support for this. the problem... there still will probably be 60-80 files in a batch. the summer batches had 60+ people submitting, and I'm guessing there are still 30+ submitting in these batches.
Old 11-9-2007, 01:42 PM   #6132
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitznpv View Post
brb making a failure of an attempt at knocking charge out
Don't you dare use my SM file as a base, or I will claw you to death.

Old 11-9-2007, 01:49 PM   #6133
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
Don't you dare use my SM file as a base, or I will claw you to death.
wait what sm file

i already stepped it anyways rofl, im just over testing it
Old 11-9-2007, 02:04 PM   #6134
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I just submit files when I finish them but I work at a slow enough rate.

Basically I'll submit a file, wait until it gets in queue or I get really small suggestions that I know after I fix will likely make it queueworthy, and then start work on another file.

In the case of Endless Altercation, my only real suggestion was to change the green jumps, which I did (and then fixed other stuff I didn't like), and then started stepping AYH?.

ps AYH? is probably going to be rejected for 196 BPM jumpstream lololol
Old 11-9-2007, 02:45 PM   #6135
Coolgamer
Old-School Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Coolgamer Send a message via MSN to Coolgamer Send a message via Skype™ to Coolgamer

Hopefully my files make it in this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
St1cky only proves that he has no life and that his parents are alcoholics. They probably abused him with rubber duckies when he was a baby. Why else would you exploit scores on FFR?
Old 11-9-2007, 05:54 PM   #6136
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

it's a pain in the ass to fix them.
Old 11-9-2007, 06:04 PM   #6137
brothaice
FFR Simfile Author

Zen 2k5 by brothaice - ending slowdown? opening non-stream, flow.

April 23'rd ftw.
Old 11-9-2007, 06:05 PM   #6138
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
it's a pain in the ass to fix them.
If the file is good, who cares.

btw stargroup, I only rejected because I think some of those random colored notes sounded slightly offbeat.

If a file is really good I'll probably go really strict and pick out very small errors that can make the file even better. If I do that, I think the file is awesome. Blue Rose was one of your best
Old 11-9-2007, 06:41 PM   #6139
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
Blue Rose was one of your best
lmao It's epic and that's it. I spent less time on Blue Rose than all of my other files. To be honest it's really not that great.

I'm not going to touch the jacks, but I'll fix the sync the best I can. Only a few notes were off anyways (the green notes in the jumpstream were generally correct, but I'll quantize them just so they're easier to read).

P.S. When are you going to reply to my PM? I can't continue stepping the file until I get that part synced.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not changing the jumpstream. It may be harder compared to the rest of the file, but it's the only way to step the part well.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 11-9-2007 at 06:52 PM..
Old 11-9-2007, 06:45 PM   #6140
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

I didn't notice any sync problems, or have any difficulty reading it (except for that killer jumpstream). The green note gallop things are one 192nd away from a pink note though, which wouldn't make much of a difference on FFR.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Closed Thread