Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #41
LythincaMan
FFR Player

Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I've done this before. I can easily wake myself up from a dream, and even sometimes controll a LITTLE bit of the dream, but thats usually if I go to sleep while content or extremly stressed out.

I'll try it tonight, going to sleep, controlling my dream, and forcing myself to wake up.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:12 AM   #42
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LythincaMan View Post
I've done this before. I can easily wake myself up from a dream, and even sometimes controll a LITTLE bit of the dream, but thats usually if I go to sleep while content or extremly stressed out.

I'll try it tonight, going to sleep, controlling my dream, and forcing myself to wake up.
You probably didn't do it.

Lucid dreams are very vivid and you have a good amount of control over the dream.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #43
8Shade8
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 8Shade8 Send a message via Skype™ to 8Shade8

WOW, these freakin pills are wierd. They work, and then they don't. I felt more awake while asleep, and in turn I can remember my dream, but did not lucid dream. I was pretty much in awe of how "vivid" my dream was. I wasn't too vivid though, but I remember the dream. I had super-man like powers and I was being chased by godzilla, who could shoot me with a gun. LOL it was insane.

People demand their freedom of speech, so as to avoid their freedom of thought. Keep the freedom you possess inherently, before someone else attempts to take it from you.

Last edited by 8Shade8; 01-21-2007 at 06:11 PM..
8Shade8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #44
RandomPscho
FFR Player

So it is like tripping in your sleep? Fun.

Please post back if they start really working.
RandomPscho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #45
dead_juggalo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dead_juggalo

I can wake up whenever I want in my dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
My father-in-law called me yesterday to tell me he lost the internet. If you find it, please PM me.

Cheers,

Synthlight
dead_juggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #46
Hr2
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Hr2 Send a message via MSN to Hr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
I have dreams regularly where I have some degree of control over what happens, but they are far from what I would call "lucid". Also, I suspect that they aren't REM dreams but are more stage one/stage two hallucinatory type stuff, because I've found that I can move somewhat during them (and you can't move during REM sleep unless you're messed up). And like others here, if I try to control them too much, I will eventually wake up (which is another reason I suspect they aren't REM dreams).
I have a lot of dreams where I have some control, but it often is sluggish and weird. But, I have also had lucid dreams a few times. Lucid dreams in the middle of the night where I did not wake up afterwards, even though I assumed extreme control over the dream.

I personally love stage 1 dreaming haha, whenever I'm taking a nap I normally lapse into those weird vividly lifelike hallucinations 2 or 3 times before falling asleep. I think they are one of the most fun things ever. I know they are stage 1 dreams, because my head will often loll around a little bit while they are happening.

The first dream which made me actually look up what lucid dreaming was (not my first lucid dream) involved me waking up inside the dream. But it was snowing outside, and the dream happened in the summer. That was how I knew it was a dream, interesting way for it to happen. I once talked to someone on the internet who said he got interested in lucid dreams a few years ago, and practiced it so diligently that now he almost always lucid dreams. He is sick of it, he said it's great for the first few months, but then it's just a chore, right now he said he's trying to stop lucid dreaming. I'd be careful about trying too hard to lucid dream, I'd say confine it to napping. Which makes it a seperate activity instead of an accompaniment to sleep.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 AM   #47
MrPoptart
Steam Id: MstrPoptart
FFR Veteran

iv done this many times but 2/3 of the time i wake up because i found out i was dreaming not on purpose but i just wake up...
Quote:
I can wake up henever I want in my dreams
same with me
Quote:
So it is like tripping in your sleep? Fun.
i do this all the time, when im half asleep... im just thinking about somthing then all of a sudden, i have a thaught like "ooh god i tripped" and i try to catch my self, but all i really do is twitch or jump and wake my self up...

Last edited by MrPoptart; 01-22-2007 at 01:03 AM..
MrPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 AM   #48
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

I'm almost always fully aware I'm dreaming when I am. Heck, the only time I'm not is when I find a lot of money in my dream. Then I wake up thinking I'm filthy rich, and then want to go die because I realize I'm not.

But no, I can't make myself wake up.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #49
DHS1
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to DHS1 Send a message via AIM to DHS1 Send a message via MSN to DHS1 Send a message via Yahoo to DHS1

I can only remember having 2 lucid dreams before I looked more into lucid dreaming. In the first one, I was in my parent’s room and my sister came in, and following her were 5-6 clones of her. I was like ... WTF IM DREAMING! I was really scared when I realized this and tried to wake up. I slapped and pinched and I couldn’t wake myself up. I never thought, "Wow, I can do absolutely anything I want!" I just knew I was dreaming, but I still had earthly boundaries.

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge - I would recommend that book to anyone who wants to be able to lucid dream. It helped me a lot, and at the moment I can have a lucid dream 2-4 times a week.

Also http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html is pretty interesting.

I wrote a speech on Lucid Dreaming last year, and I'll post it (if anyone's interested) once I get my laptop back from the repair place >_<.

DHS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #50
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS1 View Post
"Wow, I can do absolutely anything I want!" I just knew I was dreaming, but I still had earthly boundaries.
That's the thing, you don't need earthly boundaries.

You could have raped all six of your sister's clones and no one would have cared because it was a dream.

Usually when I have lucid dreams, I end up in either some sort of sexual thing or I end up flying, both of which I love. Sometimes I spawn things I've never even thought of before, where I don't even know or think about what's happening next. I don't know how it works, really.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #51
T3hDDRKid
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
Usually when I have lucid dreams, I end up in either some sort of sexual thing or I end up flying, both of which I love.
Flying isn't impossible.. I know somebody with wings [you can PM me if you're interested.]

As for myself, I've realized perhaps five times that I was dreaming, but only had a dream I could control two or three times.

what brought this country together?

desegregation

we need to segregate again so we can DEsegregate and everyone will feel good again

let's start with baseball
T3hDDRKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #52
lbinator
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to lbinator

I used to have a lot of lucid dreams, none lately, but I can still remember them all so vividly. One of them was me and my friends on top of my old public school's roof, right before sunset, and we were talking when all of a sudden my friends jumped off the roof andstarted to run really ****ing fast, and it was about this point where I realized I was actually dreaming, so I jumped down after them but they were already long gone, but still wandering around my old empty schoolyard being able to do anything I want was so cool. So cool that I've decided to put 3 or 4 of my lucid dreams together into a short film. Lucid dreaming is the ****.
lbinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #53
Lucifericrucifix
Pathogen.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Lucifericrucifix

For as long as I can remember I've been able to "Live" my dreams and see them exactly as I do life itself. I control each variable everything, it's just a second life so to speak. I've always seemed to dream like this though..Even as a child. I find it sort of odd to explain, and I find it even more obscure that people try to figure out how to have them. There are actually books written on it, and it makes me wonder what brings them. (A trait? Something triggered?) I've always had them so I don't know what to believe on that.
"What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith in God is absurd, since it is impossible to know, or understand His purpose."
Lucifericrucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:14 AM   #54
Hachi86
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Hachi86

Well does anyone here have any special techniques that they use to induce them? BTW, 8Shade8, how are the pills going so far?

250 in the Un-Catfish Pact of 2007

Class: Spread (Sub class - ASKL)
HP: 225 (16th stream combo speed)
Strength: 190 (max jack speed)
Defense: 165 (16th jump stream speed)
Speed: 280 (pass stream speed)
Accuracy: 89 (average percent of marvs)
Stamina: 250 (consistent 16th stream survival)
Evasion: 679 (comfort scroll rate)
Hachi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #55
DHS1
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to DHS1 Send a message via AIM to DHS1 Send a message via MSN to DHS1 Send a message via Yahoo to DHS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachi86 View Post
Well does anyone here have any special techniques that they use to induce them?
Look at your hand multiple times a day; try to make it a habit. In your dreams, your hand won’t look the same.

Look at the clock once, then look again right after to make sure it didn’t jump a few hours. This is a reality check.

Before you sleep, tell yourself "I'll know that I'm dreaming, and I'll try not to wake up during my dream."

Create a dream sign. Do this by keeping a daily journal of your dreams, and find something that is in your dreams very consistently. After you figured out your dream sign, you should be able to realize you're dreaming if you see it.

You can buy a NovaDreamer, it’s a sleeping mask that beeps/flashes when you go into REM sleep. It knows when you're in REM sleep because it has sensors that detect the rapid eye movement. In your dream, you might see a huge flash, and that will make you realize you're dreaming.

<3 www.lucidity.com

Old 01-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #56
8Shade8
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 8Shade8 Send a message via Skype™ to 8Shade8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS1 View Post
You can buy a NovaDreamer, it’s a sleeping mask that beeps/flashes when you go into REM sleep. It knows when you're in REM sleep because it has sensors that detect the rapid eye movement. In your dream, you might see a huge flash, and that will make you realize you're dreaming.

<3 www.lucidity.com
That sounds, like a good idea, but I would freak the **** out.

BTW, the pills are actually helping. I had a lucid dream last night where I chose to be a super sayian with a lightsaber being chased by Godzilla. LOL IT WAS CRAZY!! I enjoyed jumping over skyscrapers. It was an actual awesome feeling. I just wished the dreams would last longer.

People demand their freedom of speech, so as to avoid their freedom of thought. Keep the freedom you possess inherently, before someone else attempts to take it from you.
8Shade8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #57
UberMario
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UberMario Send a message via MSN to UberMario Send a message via Skype™ to UberMario

Godzilla again?

Man, this stuff seems really cool... maybe I'll try it out some day.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #58
Hachi86
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Hachi86

What if every morning i drew something in the palm of my hand with a sharpie. Wouldnt that change in the dream?

250 in the Un-Catfish Pact of 2007

Class: Spread (Sub class - ASKL)
HP: 225 (16th stream combo speed)
Strength: 190 (max jack speed)
Defense: 165 (16th jump stream speed)
Speed: 280 (pass stream speed)
Accuracy: 89 (average percent of marvs)
Stamina: 250 (consistent 16th stream survival)
Evasion: 679 (comfort scroll rate)
Hachi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #59
UberMario
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UberMario Send a message via MSN to UberMario Send a message via Skype™ to UberMario

Many people told me that you can't read in your dream. I'm figuring because your brain can't develop writing on a paper for you to read since it would have to make things up.

I however have read many times in dreams and took note of it because people have said that. If I start reading something really long, sometimes I would wake up.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #60
DHS1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMario View Post
Many people told me that you can't read in your dream. I'm figuring because your brain can't develop writing on a paper for you to read since it would have to make things up.

I however have read many times in dreams and took note of it because people have said that. If I start reading something really long, sometimes I would wake up.
I've heard that too. But I've heard that you CAN infact read, the text just changes. Like if you read a whole page, then read it over again, it will be completely different than the first time you read it.