Old 05-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #41
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: New marriage proposal standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
To spenner's post, I don't really see how this is relatable to building a castle or pyramid or whatever, as that was mainly a performance of wealth and power rather than actual courtship. Those were also different times. Maybe building a castle was the genuine way of proposing to someone you truly love back in those days but I donīt see it that way in this day of time.
I said that before I saw the actual video, and I must say that it is indeed out of context. I was expecting something more glamorous, like this wedding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJWlavnM6b0 >___> but I admit I shouldn't have made that strong of a blind judgement about this particular wedding. I guess I was speaking more generally. But then again, whether or not it is perceived to be corny by anyone else, if the gesture is in fact genuine, then that's that. I would be frustrated if a personal decision like that was up for criticism by tens of thousands of people (poor celebrities).

Last edited by Spenner; 05-27-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #42
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark View Post
Because loaded statements piss me off, I'm gonna stop being tactful about this.

This proposal is a towering mountain of bullshit spewing shit-slides from every crack as a shit-blizzard rages at the peak. It has to be one of the most disingenuous attempts at pretending to share a bond I've ever seen. Even before it started, one glance at the guy made it clearer than an acid lake that I was about to see some hipster ****stick propose to an abysmally vapid doe over a backdrop of fake enthusiasm and the tears of people who aren't gigantic ****ing posers. What I didn't count on was the droning car ad music and poorly choreographed dancing that would've been damn near impossible for a person with twice my patience not to skip over. Gimmicky "look how ****ing adorable and in love we are" viral-by-design fakey feel good trash like this is why marriage these days is considered more of a running joke than a legitimate bond.

That is what I think of this thing.
Oh, Tell me more about how much you know this person from a 5 minute video, you must be a God, because you can analyze someone's characterisitcs so thoroughly. Teach me your ways.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #43
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Oh, tell me more about how people are really complex and hard to pin down within three minutes when you have info as revealing as the way they make the most important decision of their lives down to the smallest detail.

But no, yeah. I must be a god. It takes a god, of course, to come to a conclusion about two kids with a car trying to impress the internet with a cheap indie-themed proposal. I don't know how I'm doing it without a team of engineers and psychologists behind me. Certainly, the time I've spent learning to identify and avoid exactly this kind of superficial bullshit combined with 25 years of human interaction in general doesn't provide any insight. Give me a second to find my social science texts and compare control groups and~

Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 05-27-2012 at 05:50 PM..
Mike Weedmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #44
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

This was kind of neat I guess. I've seen better though.

EDIT: One of my favourites.

"Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
"Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
"That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
"Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

Last edited by ninjaKIWI; 05-27-2012 at 06:26 PM..
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #45
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

LMAO

this was pretty cute imo i fail to see how it's some sort of ridiculous indie showboating proposal, it was meant to be personal and make her happy. the fact so much effort was put into it just makes it a lovely thing to receive, the whole process, is just joy-filled. sure, she could say no. the song even says just say yes today tomorrow if you wanna leave, that's ok. let's just have fun today. and do something dumb, like get married.

there's a lot more to a relationship than the proposal. i prob would have cried my eyes out if that were me, even though that's not my style, lol. anyways judging them on it is just sorta gay. you're not the one that was being proposed to so w/e. cuz yea, it is an important moment. which is why he did it in a way they'd like to remember it. you just don't get it man......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

Last edited by Syhto; 05-27-2012 at 09:32 PM..
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #46
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

Idk how she kept herself together, I would have been a sobbing mess lmfao. That was adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark View Post
Even before it started, one glance at the guy made it clearer than an acid lake that I was about to see some hipster ****stick propose to an abysmally-
Yes, because a hipster would pick a Bruno Mars song~

Last edited by DarknessXoXLight; 05-27-2012 at 10:04 PM..
DarknessXoXLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #47
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

that was ****ing awesome

who posts something like "wow that was lame"...what...do you even mean
robertsona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #48
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAll-ProXx View Post
guys move on ,there is always people who hate on legit things. This marriage proposal is amazing and I know any girl would LOVE to have such thing done for them.
Yes, us girls are all the same. I like that because you said so.
Oh wait, I'm forgetting that I dislike the idea of a public or even semi-public proposal. But I guess if you say so, I guess I like it. I guess.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #49
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
Yes, us girls are all the same. I like that because you said so.
Oh wait, I'm forgetting that I dislike the idea of a public or even semi-public proposal. But I guess if you say so, I guess I like it. I guess.
Well, I guess I left out the part where any girl *who has the decency to appreciate a man's hard work, would love to have such thing done to them.

This guy is putting all this effort just to propose to his girl and he most likely spent days planning this out. All that matters, is how much someone cares about a relationship. Not your little pet-peeve like omg i dont lyk publik propozals!. You can dislike whatever you want, but you can't dislike a well-thought-out proposal that was done from hours/days of work and effort.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #50
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

lol sure I can
Why would a man who wanted to marry me and who I wanted to marry propose to me in a way that I found uncomfortable and kinda dumb?
If my fiance had proposed to me like in the video I'd...god, he just wouldn't have done that. I'm not sure you'd be able to pay him enough money to do something like that then post it on the internet.

Also love how you emphasize appreciating a 'man's hard work', as if once more delving into the gender stereotypes that I had an issue with in your first post in the first place is somehow going to appeal my sense of decency or some such.

Last edited by Cavernio; 05-28-2012 at 08:40 PM..
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #51
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Most people will answer the following:

Most people will do the following:
oh wow middie actually got u there bud hahahahaha

nothing expresses yr love for some one more than paying a bunch of people to do it for you and then uploading it to the internet
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote