Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #41
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles
Default Re: Chris Brown police report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicCarpetRide View Post
I read it word for word. Also name a celebrity that hasn't got away with a criminal offense on a social level. Shit happens. And what jargon are you referring to?
Most celebrity records are populated entirely with marijuana possession and the like, rather than felony assault. You're right in that plenty of celebs get more or less a free pass on their crimes (because $$MONEY$$ and $TATU$) but I don't see why that makes Brown's scumbaggery less important or noteworthy.

Besides, the reason this is noteworthy isn't just because Chris Brown turned Rihanna's face into bread dough, it's noteworthy because he's shown zero guilt or regret three years later. It would have been one thing if he seemed genuinely guilty or shamed or sorrowful or w/e, maybe did some speaking tours or something, but all he's done is get super pissy at anyone who brings it up when he isn't jetskiing over the piles of money people have given him since. He's shown multiple times that he's impulsive, sometimes dangerously, and yet people are okay with him at the grammys?

Last edited by MrGiggles; 02-17-2012 at 01:11 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #42
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Quote:
Originally Posted by nois-or-e View Post
Damn teenagers and your rap music, LP reccids and make-out parties...
heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr61 View Post
even though it's pretty pointless to come into a news thread just to say how little you care (seriously what), this is generally relevant because brown is a major media figure who has a HUGE amount of deluded supporters despite his repulsive actions. that his career somehow didn't disintegrate immediately is testimony to how much the public at large is willing to forgive of a successful artist and is pretty damn disturbing
disturbing indeed
http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/02/tweets.html

if you don't think there's a serious problem with "Chris Brown you can punch me in the face now, and it'd still be sexy! " then gtfo
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #43
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
But you do have respect for someone that would date chris brown in the first place? Bitch got a reality check and got slapped around. Oh well, welcome to America, home of Nascar and inbred wrestling fans. What about the countless domestic abuse cases that no one talks about? Those are the ones I feel bad for. This world needs less Chris Brown fans and if he has to knock them out to do so then so be it. [/potentially offensive rant]
are we still listening to the guy who literally made this post

also rihanna's real name is robyn fenty
Old 02-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #44
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Toot toot!!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #45
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #46
Cyth The Raccoon
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Cyth The Raccoon Send a message via Skype™ to Cyth The Raccoon

So much unjustified hate in this thread. Everyone is going to have their own opinions; some will care because they either sympathize with the woman because this is something they are familiar with, or because they genuinely feel sympathy for the woman. Others won't care because in the newspaper you can find much worse things happening every minute of everyday, and the only real reason this is seeing the spotlight is because it's a celebrity.

Celebrities are people, too. Some are disturbed/corrupt, some are kind. Everytime something small (or moderate) happens with a celebrity, the world doesn't need to hear about it. Pedophiles, rapists, murderers; if you watch the news/read the newspaper, you probably hear about 10 cases each day on average. Not to mention all the stuff that never gets printed. Eventually, stuff like this won't phase you (as badly).

Let everyone have their opinion, and there's no reason to call someone "dumb" or "ignorant" over something like this, it's seriously all based on the person and their life experience. In my opinion, this is a sad story, but being beaten isn't nearly as bad as the 1000+ other crimes that get committed on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr61 View Post
that his career somehow didn't disintegrate immediately is testimony to how much the public at large is willing to forgive of a successful artist and is pretty damn disturbing
Also, this. n.n
Most recent AAA (#425): Night Walker
Cyth The Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #47
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

shut up, why dont you read some of the posts in this thread again and see how abysmal they are (especially mcr's omfg) instead of going on about your ~LEtS AlL gET alONG~ rant jesus christ

Last edited by A2P; 02-18-2012 at 03:40 AM..
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #48
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

way to go mods you didn't even delete robertsona's reply to justaguy man you guys fail if youre going to do something you could at least do it right

ps cyth that sounds like something I would normally say but everyone here is headstrong w/ their opinions and it gets rly old
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

Last edited by Syhto; 02-18-2012 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: editing is fuN
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #49
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyth The Raccoon View Post
Let everyone have their opinion, and there's no reason to call someone "dumb" or "ignorant" over something like this, it's seriously all based on the person and their life experience.
for some reason the people on FFR don't understand this concept. ask reincarnate if he understands that concept. he's proclaimed by many as the smartest person on this forum and he doesn't even understand that concept. sorry bro.

and i disagree entirely that celebrities are people just like you and me. they are cash cows. i don't shit dollar bills from my mouth.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #50
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:
Let everyone have their opinion, and there's no reason to call someone "dumb" or "ignorant" over something like this, it's seriously all based on the person and their life experience.
So you're saying that these are reasonable responses to a woman being assaulted and having her life threatened?

Quote:
But you do have respect for someone that would date chris brown in the first place? Bitch got a reality check and got slapped around. Oh well, welcome to America, home of Nascar and inbred wrestling fans. What about the countless domestic abuse cases that no one talks about? Those are the ones I feel bad for. This world needs less Chris Brown fans and if he has to knock them out to do so then so be it. [/potentially offensive rant]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
*yawn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
In other news, someone did something bad today and a lot of people didn't care about it either
Quote:
Who gives a shit? It's a ****ed up celebrity. His fans were mindless before we all knew he was a douche.
If that's truly how you feel, you have to be the most "dumb" or "ignorant" person on this forum.

Quote:
but being beaten isn't nearly as bad as the 1000+ other crimes that get committed on a daily basis.
Ugh I can only take so much stupidity here, guys.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emithith View Post
That says a lot coming from someone with no respect for anyone in the first place *shrug* just sayin
Hey, what do you know, you're right. There aren't that many people around here that I have a lot of respect for. This thread is a pretty good example of why.

Last edited by ninjaKIWI; 02-18-2012 at 03:01 PM..
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #51
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
In my opinion, this is a sad story, but being beaten isn't nearly as bad as the 1000+ other crimes that get committed on a daily basis.
you're kind of missing the point I was trying to drive at imo, which is that Chris Brown has shown zero remorse and yet tries to play the "A MAN CAN'T MAKE A MISTAKE" card three years later. People are sticking up for this guy, no joke.

Quote:
I still can't believe you posted this I keep rereading it like maybe the fortieth time through I'll realize it's a joke post or something but no

I mean, are you actually blaming Rihanna for getting beaten by her boyfriend or did you just lose control of your internal filter for a minute there and it just sounds like you're blaming her?
Old 02-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #52
Hazelle
Let's GO.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Hazelle

You can't force someone to have the "right" emotion or reaction to this.

All you can do is argue senselessly and at the end of the day, you haven't moved a goddamn centimeter in either direction.

Give it a rest guys, seriously.
Hazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #53
Calcium Deposit
I am the liquor
FFR Music Producer

For those of you who don't care:

Nobody cares if you don't care. If you don't care then show it by not posting.
Calcium Deposit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #54
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI View Post
Hey, what do you know, you're right. There aren't that many people around here that I have a lot of respect for. This thread is a pretty good example of why.
Not to pull the "my shit stinks better than yours" rant, but maybe you should lower your standards. All of you.
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #55
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

Cool thread.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #56
Bahamut-X
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Can't say I know all that much about Chris Brown, but the leniency of that punishment is appalling. A guy goes and beats a woman senseless, to the point where she's probably fearing for her life, and all he gets is a few months community service and a 5 year probation? What the hell, stick this ****er in jail for awhile at least.
Bahamut-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #57
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

o____O bahamut outta nowhere
Old 02-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #58
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

^

Like seriously damn lmao

@Bahamut: I agree with you. The judicial system is so fucced up and pretty much anyone with a lot of money could get away with a ton a shit.

Last edited by i love you; 02-19-2012 at 03:26 PM..
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #59
Marshmellie
FFR Player

I read this on tumblr. I was extremely disturbed...
Marshmellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #60
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

I think people on the internet are apathetic about such appalling domestic abuse cases because if they got all uppity and emotional every time they read something like this, they'd lose their minds. Remember Darfur? I was on the board of a college political organization when that was going on and many of my colleagues and members of the group couldn't even think about anything else. Apathy allows people to cope with all the garbage in the world. For whatever reason, just how apathetic you are has become somewhat of a pissing contest. Like... the less you care, the cooler you are. Or something.

That said, whoever this Chris Brown fellow is should probably go to jail for a while, if this police report is true. I hope the young woman is alright.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote