Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #41
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2011 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeCuBEz v2 View Post
why did u bother restepping waka laka lol?
Honestly, I just picked two random songs to step on my desktop just to get something submitted lmao
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #42
eastsideman09
poker face
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikari View Post
Just installed the pack and the first file I played was "Into The Mouth of Hell We March", because it's eastsideman09's

Shit is BEAUTIFUL, amazing, tricky and fun file. Brb with more "reviews".
<3

The only thing that didn't come out right in my revision I sent in was the measure right before the speed up. It wasn't saving correctly, so no changes were ever saved from what I had originally, so I had to go in and change it manually. I had meant for the 24th patterns to be 42424213131341414, but they came out 4343431212141414 instead, I think. owell

Glad you liked it

I've not had much time to play anything yet. I played KSNM cuz it was auto accepted and I fuccen died.
Then I tried Died this Way on beginner and the drop killed me with the mines lol. I was really curious as to how this file was gonna turn out, and I was pleasantly surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense

Last edited by eastsideman09; 06-21-2011 at 11:11 AM..
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #43
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Here we go ! I played the hardest chart for every file, except when I specify the chart played.
Astrosexy (GD) I liked the jacks, the trills and these COLOR NOTES with mines. It's really fun overall, good MA file. 8.5/10
Back Alley Spiders (Leonid) Short and cool, man. I LOVE how you generally step guitar solos. 9/10
Bamhanului Fantasy (Yume) The last freeze is too long but it was enjoyable, especially the stream. 8/10
Beat U Down (Yume) Hey, syncing the beat was a really bad idea, it wasted all the replayability to me 5.5/10
Best Friends (Sensationer) I didn't felt something that made the file really exclusive so I'll pass on giving a judgement, it bored me a bit. Too easy I guess 6.5/10
Border of Evans (Kaneh) The song coudl have been soo much better as a merge up of Border of Extacy and Evans. Oh well, for a stepper I don't know, you made your way pretty well, even though the structure is too much repetitive... 6.5/10
Bridge Zone (plopadop) The song should have one ONE loop before fading. Otherwise it's too long and repetitive imo, there's also too much jumps. The music is probably something too simple to be fun enough. 6/10
Broken Rulz (rogdor) The ride was me and some jumps/arrow felt it was stepped in the void, I don't like it 5/10
Caipirinha (BeatofIke) The steps just felt right. Good job on that. 7.5/10
Carol Of The Bells (wc) WC. WHAT HAPPENED. Why does this file feels too minimalistic ? D: It wasn't as fun to tap as your other files and the absence of freeze bugged me a little 6/10
Celestial Tears (diokatsu + GD) Weak file, but the song is also weak. So you couldn't do much thing, so 7.5/10
Cerbera (megamoon88) Good job on making a good file on a blend song even though it's too long to me. Not that MOEp's musics are bad, but they feel like they have no taste nor color. 7/10
Chromatic Chimera (Yesssss) The intro was meh and then it got good but I didn't thought if it was really good and then I posted my review 6.5/10
Cirno's Hot Spring (Detrimentalist) Files' very very well done and the mine placements too. 8/10
Coulours of Sorrow (ca25nada) Sorry, but I prefer my file way other what you did, mine had more consistents steps (yeah it's unreleased I know, but still) 6.5/10
Concerto Note (Niko) Fresh&Fun Co. Ltd. The color notes of the intro were the best part 8.5/10
Contain (debit) OH MY GOD THIS FILE IS SO AMAZING TO PLAY AND THAT'S CHALLENGING AS HELL GJ JOB 9.5/10
Cosmos (don) That was... slushy. 6/10
Dance and Zeal (Kommisar) I see you're still making good files bro, that one was even better than Demistify Feast 9/10
Dare ? (sulferdragon) Bad file. There was only one part I found good, it was the measure where you repeated the same pattern for 4 beats or around that. 4/10
Delinquent (Kommisar) Not bad, not bad. 7/10
Determination (Kommisar) It looks like a weak version of dance and zeal and the solo didn't catch up enough 6.5/10
Died This Way (rog) FFFFUUCKING MINES but hey that was made the file even better so i'll note in consequences 8/10
Dragon Rider (Ophi) dem 48th 7/10
Enemy Storm (Yumes) Your best file for what I played from you, make more like that 7.5/10
Eternal Fantasy (ca25nada) I can't happen to find something really worthy in your files 4.5/10
Flotage (Stage 3-B) I made a better version for this but when I decided to send it to GD the pack was already released soooo
Flower (Akemi) OD typical keyboard file : synced but even more simplistic than HST's files (and HST do it on purpose) 5.5/10
I want you (ca25nada & yume) Hah ! This one was better than usual, but still possess that "something" that bugs me 6.5/10
Infinite Cave (Leonid) Everything went better than expected 8/10
Into the Mouth of Hell we March (egm09) Uhm, the file was cool and all but it doesn't look like something I'd play really often. To be honest I thought it would have been better 7/10
It's my Fault (midnigh + tf3w) The song in itself is pretty bad so it affects my rating because the file would have been funnier to tap if Aunit6666 was able to make good shit. 7/10
KNSM (wineandbread) what the joke 0/64th
Magus Night (Kaneh) Well that was better than your previous submission and some parts were actually good, keep up that 6.5/10
Mark's Revenge (rog) Sorry but the song makes it impossible to like for me
Mars (DC + GD) Hell yeah that was well played guys, one objection : these long trills felt REALLY out of place, otherwise 9.5/10
Mercilessness Desperado The song is by Noriyuki Kamikura, once again. Just play it if you feel like a stepmania beast.
Moon Child (Oubliette) Too long. When I heard the preview, I feared you wouldn't step the basses, but you did, so you got my love 7/10
Mosaic (Rebound) Yeah I liked it, it was simple and yet, super fun. Not something I'll play everyday though 7.5/10
Nai Anarchy It's like I was Zaghurim, gfx'in and steppin' my song all day erry day
Nyan Cat (0) NYAN/0
Only my Railgun Uuh, yeah, play it, could have been better.
Over my Head (wc) ...but that's a lame file, are you doing it on purpose ? 4/10
Piece of History (bmah) <3 8.5/10
Plasmatextor (Kommisar) Too slow, otherwise it would have been funnier, but apart from two or three fun parts, I thought it was a bit tedious 6/10
Prayer (GD + Detrimentalist) This file is a plague to deal with 7.5/0
Psyche Planet (IcyWorld) That last part with the mines was really dangerous but you put them in a way it was POSSIBLE to avoid them, GENIUS 8/10
R179 (plopadop) FUN \o/ 9/10
Risky Boot Battle (duplica) Banal file actually, sorry 5/10
Rotter Tarmination (Leonid) It felt like I was waiting for the true file to appear when I was playing 6.5/10 I had better expectations
Samsara and Paramnesia (sulferdragon) 2MUCH FREEZES and not enough steps for the background, again, I almost hate it because it felt like you wasted a good song D: 4.5/10
Sexplosion (Wyde) It didn't made me want to quit, and the fun was, say, regular, so it was good overall 7/10
Shoujo Satori (Niko) not another touhou rock song please this is getting old
Sirius (moches + Icyworld) Apart from one or two parts that were a bit unpleasant to hit, there was a nice work on it 8/10
Skyward (Yume) The song quality is absolutely TERRIBLE lol although the sim is somewhat fun 6.5/10
Someday (Lynn) Woah I though I'd play something really lame and generic but HEY you did really well on it. 7/10
Sorrows (GD) I wanted to quit, but I insisted, and I didn't got the fun I wanted 5/10
Sphere 5 (sulferdragon) Sadly, this isn't better than your other submissions 5/10
Stately, Wrong (egm09) Too bad you got lazy and made repeate the same patterns because it was a good file to play on 7.5/10
Stress (marionintendo) The concept of the file itself is ridiculous if there isn't anything to guide the player just ONE bit to which timming will be the best, go watch MGravel's file for instance. The only way to play it correctly is to WHORE the file on CMOD so you know the song and the steps by heart, there is basically no value in this. At least regular xmod files aren't SOLELY based on this. hate/10
Swear Words (Xayphon) Glorious 8/10
The Dark Messenger (egm09) Average good file, heh 7.5/10
The Goonies R not enough (Sensationer) I can't believe the most annoying parts were acually the most enjoyable 6.5/10
Under the Glass Moon (sulferdragon) I no longer believed you could make something good for this pack and this file came out 8/10
WAKA LAKA (Rebound) How the hell could you put good steps on a song like that ? That's almost ridiculous this is one of the best from the pack 8.5/10
Wuv U (Lynn) It had the potential to be as good as Smooooch but it wasn't, you still need to improve after all still7/10
You goddamn fish (Shikari) I don't understand these arrows at the end. The rest of the file is too minimalistic but I liked it, somewhat. 6.5/10
Zombie Sunset (Leonid) VERY VERY ACCURATE despiction of the song, it's like you PAINTED it with arrows 9/10 and I mean, it's fun and challenging to play, damn

Overall pack's good but it has really bad ones that makes me question how the hell the file judgement worked.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #44
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Dont worry scylaax knsm is a joke
You coulda reviewed heavy at least tho (o:

Playing dis when i get home
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #45
i hate you
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScylaX View Post
WAKA LAKA (Rebound) How the hell could you put good steps on a song like that ? That's almost ridiculous this is one of the best from the pack 8.5/10
That's Rebound for ya.
i hate you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #46
Secks69
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Secks69

beat of ike
Secks69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #47
BeatofIke
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secks69 View Post
beat of ike
Hi
BeatofIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #48
Secks69
Banned

lol
Old 06-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #49
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Quote:
Overall pack's good but it has really bad ones that makes me question how the hell the file judgement worked.
Keep in mind, subjectivity. You'll like files others won't like and vice versa. I personally like almost all of the files in the pack with all honesty.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #50
BeatofIke
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
Keep in mind, subjectivity. You'll like files others won't like and vice versa. I personally like almost all of the files in the pack with all honesty.
Founder of subjectivemanias.
BeatofIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #51
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Uhg I guess I should actually play all the charts.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #52
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Stress (marionintendo) The concept of the file itself is ridiculous if there isn't anything to guide the player just ONE bit to which timming will be the best, go watch MGravel's file for instance. The only way to play it correctly is to WHORE the file on CMOD so you know the song and the steps by heart, there is basically no value in this. At least regular xmod files aren't SOLELY based on this. hate/10
Well, well, well. Didn't I predict this? <3
If you need to whore this file on cmod in order to have fun playing it, I believe you completely missed the point, by the way. The file's name is STRESS, for crying out loud!
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 06-21-2011 at 02:17 PM..
MarioNintendo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #53
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Did you troll on purpose ? D:

Last edited by ScylaX; 06-21-2011 at 02:23 PM..
ScylaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #54
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Did you troll on purpose ? D:
Absolutely not. This is a file I made with good intentions and I am proud of it.

At first, it started as an experiment in DDReam to see what a file would look like if every note had its own beat. In my opinion, it was also the easiest way to step the song, since the actual beats seemed all over the place (xKore stated it was in 5/7 (which is impossible, I know, but it's still pretty darn weird)).

After several play-throughs, I saw that the song was actually fun to play. It also fit with the song's name: Stress. The song was weird and stressful, you never knew what to expect from it if it was your first time sight-reading it. Mines were added to fit that theme. To me, it made you feel like you were James Bond and you were trying to defuse a bomb without making it explode in your face.

Of course, you couldn't care less about all of that, could you? When you start hating on a file, even if it's author tells you what he had in mind at the time, your opinion still won't change. That's just how it is. I still suggest you try lower difficulty settings. I put some love in every one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 06-21-2011 at 02:33 PM..
MarioNintendo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #55
Secks69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
lots of words
handful of mad up in hurrrr
Old 06-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #56
Gundam-Dude
`~`

-*~FiLe DRaMa~*- aside someone should play the pack backwards starting from the end.

I'll probably start the Fall pack in early-mid August. Until then, I'm probably going back to 6key stepping for the time being so don't expect any 4key pack projects from me.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #57
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Infinite cave is a collab between me and melon(lynn) btw

(hence melonid)

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #58
Sweet_Feet
Washed Up
FFR Veteran

stoked.. looking forward to playing this later
Sweet_Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #59
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
-*~FiLe DRaMa~*- aside someone should play the pack backwards starting from the end.

I'll probably start the Fall pack in early-mid August. Until then, I'm probably going back to 6key stepping for the time being so don't expect any 4key pack projects from me.
join da club
Old 06-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #60
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
join da club
SSS Pack hwaiting
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote