Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-6-2013, 02:09 AM   #5901
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Batch #1 complete)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
beep bop music
lol'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
Old 05-6-2013, 02:21 AM   #5902
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionMailed1 View Post
Not sure what you mean by that. If you are a Simfile judge, you influence what files are put in game. By doing this, you aren't just influencing FFR file selection for a portion of the FFR players, you are influencing FFR file selection for all of the FFR players.
Do you honestly think the majority of players enjoy IDM music or even breakcore? I'm not just talking about the vocal majority I mean everyone who plays.

PS even if robotomy got into FFR I'm pretty sure you would be able to name the people who would enjoy playing it off the top of your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
lol'd
That was suppose to say beep boop >: (
Old 05-6-2013, 02:25 AM   #5903
04im
FFR Player

it sucks when mainstream music doesnt go beyond 8th notes
Old 05-6-2013, 02:25 AM   #5904
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

~newgrounds music~
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Old 05-6-2013, 02:27 AM   #5905
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
it sucks when mainstream music doesnt go beyond 8th notes
Half BPM add some colour!!
Old 05-6-2013, 02:30 AM   #5906
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Quote:
Do you honestly think the majority of players enjoy IDM music or even breakcore? I'm not just talking about the vocal majority I mean everyone who plays.

PS even if robotomy got into FFR I'm pretty sure you would be able to name the people who would enjoy playing it off the top of your head.
The number of players "enjoying" IDM music and it's sub genres isn't relevant. As long as there is somebody out there enjoying them, they have every right to exist in-game. I don't like songs with Japanese vocals, but if I were an FFR judge, I'm not going to let my personal opinion cloud my objective opinion on the file. If they are repetitive, of poor sound quality, or overly long, that's also different and those are acceptable quips against the song.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the audience of said songs and files shouldn't have any bearing on how they are judged.

EDIT: Even if there is a very small number of people playing a file because of song choice, what's the harm of having it in-game? Granted people will have to play them for AAA/FC count and average rank, but this argument can be made about any file with a perhaps undesirable song based on personal opinion.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

Last edited by FissionMailed1; 05-6-2013 at 02:34 AM..
Old 05-6-2013, 02:38 AM   #5907
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
The number of players "enjoying" IDM music and it's sub genres isn't relevant. As long as there is somebody out there enjoying them, they have every right to exist in-game. I don't like songs with Japanese vocals, but if I were an FFR judge, I'm not going to let my personal opinion cloud my objective opinion on the file. If they are repetitive, of poor sound quality, or overly long, that's also different and those are acceptable quips against the song.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the audience of said songs and files shouldn't have any bearing on how they are judged.

EDIT: Even if there is a very small number of people playing a file because of song choice, what's the harm of having it in-game? Granted people will have to play them for AAA/FC count and average rank, but this argument can be made about any file with a perhaps undesirable song based on personal opinion.
You can make the same argument for step files though. QED has a huge following compared to any other stepper so should we allow his files in because people enjoy his files? As long as someone enjoys them who are we to deny them from being accepted into FFR?
Old 05-6-2013, 02:40 AM   #5908
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

If they fulfill FFR's guidelines of what makes an objectively solid chart, then yes.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 05-6-2013, 02:40 AM   #5909
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Was going to write an essay, then decided to fuck it.

Quote:
The number of players "enjoying" IDM music and it's sub genres isn't relevant. As long as there is somebody out there enjoying them, they have every right to exist in-game.
Woah shit no!
This ain't no simfile database, this is a community site!

I would agree with you if this were a social game, not a competitive game.
I have clear bias towards my own files; I generally think my files are good when I send them to FFR.
But don't just put them in because I like them.

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 05-6-2013 at 02:46 AM..
Old 05-6-2013, 02:45 AM   #5910
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
If they fulfill FFR's guidelines of what makes an objectively solid chart, then yes.
If people play the files and enjoy them why does it matter if they go with the guidelines?
Old 05-6-2013, 02:46 AM   #5911
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
This ain't no simfile database, this is a community site!
I think you misinterpreted my post, so I'll try phrasing it differently. I am not advocating throwing all standards of quality out the window, but there needs to be a line drawn for what is fair game for judges and what isn't.

Quote:
If people play the files and enjoy them why does it matter if they go with the guidelines?
Because the entire foundation of judging is based on objective quality, not subjective song preferences.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 05-6-2013, 02:50 AM   #5912
04im
FFR Player

hold da fuk up

pizza or sushi for tmrw lunch
Old 05-6-2013, 02:50 AM   #5913
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Rhythm Gaming Science. Study coming to a Lincoln University near you soon!

No, there is too little objective about simfiles to properly judge them.
Even if there was, all files would look the same.

A judge has his/her taste. Good thing we have several judges with different tastes huh?

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
Old 05-6-2013, 02:54 AM   #5914
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
No, there is too little objective about simfiles to properly judge them.
Even if there was, all files would look the same.
So, what exactly is the point of a judging system, then? I disagree about all files looking the same. There are still multiple ways to step a song, what matters is that the methodology used in stepping them is consistent.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 05-6-2013, 02:55 AM   #5915
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

That's exactly why judges are and have to be subjective.
To be a bit more clear, methodology alone will only get you so far. In other words, not very.

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 05-6-2013 at 03:01 AM..
Old 05-6-2013, 03:01 AM   #5916
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
That's exactly why judges are and have to be subjective.
Where is the line drawn? This is the fundamental question I am getting at, and searching for an answer for. You can use "subjective" as a justification for nearly everything to either rate a file highly or downright reject it.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 05-6-2013, 03:06 AM   #5917
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

One emphasizes on rhythm, one emphasizes on intensity, one emphasizes on it being playable index, one emphasizes on patterns.

All of these (and not limited by these) can make a file that can be an accepted file on FFR.
The fact is that it represents the music in a way for the community to enjoy.
Judges work together to figure out if that's true.

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
Old 05-6-2013, 03:19 AM   #5918
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Yes, I agree on the subjective factors you described in terms of judging files subjectively, but it still doesn't account for the edge factors such as what a particular judge enjoys for music, or what they think the community would enjoy.

There really isn't much more I can argue, and I can see where you are coming from, but in my opinion judging should be kept as objective (in my perception of objective) as possible. Hopefully what I'm getting at is more understood though, even though it most likely won't impact how judging is performed.

This might as well be my last post on this, I feel that I explained my position thoroughly enough.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 05-6-2013, 04:26 AM   #5919
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

damn this thread is mad gay
Old 05-6-2013, 04:33 AM   #5920
04im
FFR Player

Closed Thread