Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-1-2013, 01:01 PM   #541
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

Let's play Peek-a-boo! Where's the clown?!

"The relationship between an object's mass m, its acceleration a, and the applied force F is F = ma. Acceleration and force are vectors (as indicated by their symbols being displayed in slant bold font); in this law the direction of the force vector is the same as the direction of the acceleration vector" Replied Jimmy.

"Look Jimmy! Look at all the Fucks I give!"

==========================================
DarkManticoreX2 - (3) - J-rodd123, TPS222, FictionJunctin
TPS222 ------------- (2) - Vendetta21, Charu
J-rodd123 ---------- (1) - James May
==========================================

Old 10-1-2013, 01:10 PM   #542
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
I don't need to show some proof because I am me

Old 10-1-2013, 02:18 PM   #543
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Love you too.
As a baseline a question I tend to ask myself about each player is "why are they playing this game? What motivates them to play TWG?" This is perhaps the first and most valuable question one must ask about a player.

Some people like a puzzle they can never be sure if they are solving or not. Some people like to obsess over the details to find some logical or behavioral aberration. Some people like to display how smart they are. None of these seem to fit you. Do you get why that concerns me?

It concerns me because it leaves me with two ways of perceiving your behavior. The first is that you are only playing because you like this environment in which others are forced to read and respond to what you say because it's a pretty good way for your attention-seeking behaviors to be sated. The second is that you are riding your internet facsimile of a personality that has a least some recognition here on these forums because you were thrown a tough role in an uncomfortable environment.

I called you dumb, and then no sooner than the letters left my fingertips you acted dumb. It lead me to believe that the response was adaptive. You write clean, complete sentences. You ask questions. And yet you miss blaringly obvious details about Manti. I give you my impression of you and you run with it faster. I interpret that as a veil you are using to defend yourself, to keep yourself walled off from actually making commitments, or giving analysis, or anything at all.

I'm going to watch you eat rope, charu.
Old 10-1-2013, 02:31 PM   #544
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
As a baseline a question I tend to ask myself about each player is "why are they playing this game? What motivates them to play TWG?" This is perhaps the first and most valuable question one must ask about a player.
This is the single most important thing about TWG ever.
Old 10-1-2013, 02:33 PM   #545
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

I defer to our dear leader danceguy to tell us what to do. My sword is yours, my body is yours.
Old 10-1-2013, 02:36 PM   #546
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

It would be easier to find wolves if more than half of the players were playing.

There's at least one wolf between V and Charu. I'm fine with killing either of them.
Old 10-1-2013, 02:39 PM   #547
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

I'll keep thinking. You all keep talking.
Old 10-1-2013, 02:58 PM   #548
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

This is really hard to catch up on. I don't want my lack of activity to seem suspicious so I will explain that I am currently staying away from my house for personal reasons, and am also getting ready to start my new job tomorrow. Still doing my best to catch up on the thread and I will be sure to make a post with some real input tonight and do my best to be an active player in this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 10-1-2013, 03:10 PM   #549
FictionJunction
FFR Player

if I told you that Manticore still cares about TWG would you believe it?

Maybe. The thing about Manticore is that he cares about TWG but he is very selective about what games he cares enough about to participate in. This is a little problematic because it allows him to play behind a veil of authoritative apathy as a red. It's difficult to reveal Manti's tell because you have to strike at the heart of what Manti cares about: being right, calling people out and winning. That last bit is the most important, obviously, because it supersedes the former two. Manti is willing to be wrong and is willing to forgo calling people out in exchange for a win. The only circumstance that would choose to do this is him being red.

So, we must look back and ask is Manti posting less because he normally 'joins' games on d2 d3? Is he posting less because he wants to get a clear read on people? Is he only posting to complain about people raising stupid questions because he's annoyed? Is he purposefully filtering himself? Weren't there particular moments in the thread that I would have expected Manti to say something constructive?

Because, let's face it, Manti is busy playing Ninja Gaiden but Manti also gets turned on by the possibility of leading people out of a mess. I think that opportunity presented itself a number of times.
Old 10-1-2013, 04:40 PM   #550
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

hey guys

Quote:
wow
Old 10-1-2013, 04:43 PM   #551
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I don't know if lazy completely describes my play. Lackluster does, but that's intentional. I want to hear input from other players. I'm pretty much done proving myself to people. Everyone knows I'm capable of playing a great game of TWG.

I pretty much just hang back and read reactions anymore. I don't try to mess with people to get reactions because it takes time and I tend to get wolved pretty fast when I'm active and aggressive.

Longevity leads to better information and better reads.

As far as the "whining about wolf powers thing" goes, I think fiction put it pretty good:
"im pretty much done proving myself to people". like come on, you're no fun to play with because of this. this is your claimed 'playstyle' as long as I've played on this site, so try to win because I don't even know why you play if you just want to prove yourself to people lol.

Quote:
wow
Old 10-1-2013, 04:46 PM   #552
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

and do you know why the vote was there? were you lurking the thread at end of day, im 95% sure I saw you viewing the thread, you didn't even push who you were voting and were therefore useless and unaccountable for this lynch. but imo it makes you look bad, I offered some other options, but no people here went for any, and that was okay because pntballa was not someone I had a human read on.

charu did the same thing as you, except voted for pntballa when he was 99% to die lol, why would he do this? it could be a noob wolf wanting to kill a human, a noob human wanting to listen to more active players but it isn't the best look for him regardless

Quote:
wow
Old 10-1-2013, 04:49 PM   #553
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
going with the old "lynch manti if he survives night 1" eh?

Jrodd, you're the first to place a meaningless vote on Manti, why is that? It's day 2 and we all need to have at least some substantial reasoning on our part if we want to prove someone is not a villa. Just a pointless post with a vote makes it less credible imho. Show me some proof. Same goes for tps, our newest member~
this is the kind of 1 dimensional thinking and post I expect from james now, so hey im gonna do what V seems to hate and say I think it's villagery from james. not im not going to the end of the earth declaring his humanity like for some reason you think I do when I say what I think, but seems like a villa line from james

Quote:
wow
Old 10-1-2013, 04:50 PM   #554
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

also you've said the whole "going with the old lynch manti day 1" then "lynch manti if he survives night 1", but that actually has never happened so idk what ur getting at with that logic

Quote:
wow
Old 10-1-2013, 04:51 PM   #555
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Sigh I actually need to respond to Fic's post.

Not now though, I've got an MTG tourney to go to. I'll make sure to get something in tonight when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-1-2013, 04:53 PM   #556
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Day 1 was mostly a lot of danceguy, fiction, and jrodd arguing.

Using activity as a litmus test for humanness I wouldn't really consider any of them high priority targets because to be that active that early into the game is the sort of things humans with experience do. Fiction is the only person I don't give this sort of deference to completely because he has sweet talked his way through a wolf role many times.

Still the person who stands out to me the most is charu, and that's because his tone still has a sort of friendly reticence to it. It's the sort of thing the concerns me because his meta has already established that you can't expect much out of him. (Probably because he is too dumb and/or emotionally walled off by that pleasant exterior to actually say how he feels about something.)

Manti definitely is wolfy for his whining about the lack of powers of a wolf role, but to bandwagon this early makes me feel like we are wasting our time with many hours left in the phase. I don't feel like this is such a wholly condemning tell to kill him just yet. He also hasn't really provided anything useful to think about this game. I ask myself what we are gaining by bandwagoning manti right now, and given the lack of prods and attacks I feel it is not much. His day one play was pretty lackluster though.

Manti do you really feel that in order for you to play this game successfully you must rely on my browbeating of others? I kinda think that is horseshit, and has almost become this trope you subscribe to. I feel like you were successful in this game well before I started playing with you. I mean I guess it's always possible that your play has become shitty and lazy because you've found someone else to do the work for you.

I'm concerned about the replacements. Replacing has a strong tendency to help wolves and wolves tend to do this when they realize that they don't feel up to the challenge of lying for two weeks straight.

TPS222

I'm curious as to what made you vote manti and I also want to know your opinion of danceguy and crazyjayde thus far.
agree with the replacement thing although I feel this is kind of unfair to the game, and stuff like this is just spew from people no longer involved. I mean looking at the past games the wolves,as a trend, have been inactive and requesting subs. the other has happened, but placing your vote on that alone is not the best way to go about it. tps hasn't done anything villagery tho which is a plus I guess.

agree with points on charu as well

Quote:
wow
Old 10-1-2013, 04:54 PM   #557
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
The complete read of Charu
So you want me dead on the count of I haven't given rational thought about this game or gave any detailed analyzes of my actions? You also want me gone because you think I just like the atmosphere in this party?

Alright, I'll bite. If this is my undoing, then oops.

I do thrive in this atmosphere, comes with the nature of my personality. I'm not going to lie about this, that's just simply who I am. If you believe this is just my Internet persona taking over. All I'm going to state is... maybe. I'm actually quite bouncy and eccentric outside of here. So please, put this in your bag of people to remember if they play again, alright?

As for not seeing the obvious, I'd be the first to tell you I'm very naive. I usually don't see the worst or follow through possibilities of how people act. Kind of hard to perceive someone through text and not face to face or voice for that matter.

All my judgement calls and incites have been nothing more but me getting the base gist of people. I don't look at "hidden" meanings or likewise "deep" meanings. I take something at face value and, if so, may blindly decide what to do.

I wouldn't call that dumb by the way, dohoho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
There's at least one wolf between V and Charu. I'm fine with killing either of them.
Are your reasons the same as V by per chance? If you're just looking at the two of us, then you SHOULD be looking at V. He's just been reading people and being creepy, granted that's what you're suppose to do anyways. Though if anything, I think your main concern should be for the three votes on Dark.

Or am I really blind and don't see why they're doing that? Fiction just retorted it's because of his past games, but who's to know he's not doing that to trick Fiction and the other players that know how he plays?

See, stuff like that, I really couldn't give a crud. Mind games are pointless and will only lead to second-guessing, like I did when we were discussing about the pizza guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-1-2013, 04:55 PM   #558
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Also, posting from work again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-1-2013, 04:59 PM   #559
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

also I apologize for being unmotivated right now but im finishing another game that tomorrow will literally be the last day no matter what happens, so I haven't even reread stuff since this day started

Quote:
wow
Old 10-1-2013, 07:02 PM   #560
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
I want to see activity from all players in the next 24 hours.

If you choose to remain quiet, know that I will hold it against you.
Reminder.
Closed Thread