Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #521
Dark Ronin
FFR Player

Default Re: The PS3 Is Here.

I just wanted to say that I've been a proud owner of the ps3 since the day it was released in America, and it is perfect in every way. I bought Lair a few weeks back and it is beautiful. I know the 360 guys felt good when halo came out, but I'll never regret buying one. Plus XIII comes out in december so its just going to be that much better.
Dark Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #522
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

XIII, as in the graphic novel video game?

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 AM   #523
Dark Ronin
FFR Player

Sorry I wasnt specific. I was talking about Final Fantasy XIII Versus. The trailers are simply amazing. Its supposed to play like Kingdom Hearts but without the gay. And it promises to be the darkest and best looking Final Fantasy thus far.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #524
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Ronin View Post
Sorry I wasnt specific. I was talking about Final Fantasy XIII Versus. The trailers are simply amazing. Its supposed to play like Kingdom Hearts but without the gay. And it promises to be the darkest and best looking Final Fantasy thus far.
gosh i hope that's true XD because is my top priority once i buy a ps3, i even want this one more than XIII
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #525
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Crud. I really liked the game XIII and wanted to play more of them, but they're pretty cancelled.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #526
tobi14
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tobi14

i am really pissed!! the ps3 is fantastic, but it keeps losing exclusives to the 360 because of the pricetag! over a third of xbox 360s have problems, including the red light of deth, and they even catch on fire! less than .02 percent of ps3s have problems, so im just trying to say, HOW DOES THE PS3 KEEP LOSING EXCLUSIVES OVER A FREAKING PRICETAG!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #527
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi14 View Post
i am really pissed!! the ps3 is fantastic, but it keeps losing exclusives to the 360 because of the pricetag! over a third of xbox 360s have problems, including the red light of deth, and they even catch on fire! less than .02 percent of ps3s have problems, so im just trying to say, HOW DOES THE PS3 KEEP LOSING EXCLUSIVES OVER A FREAKING PRICETAG!?!?!?!?!?!
its not only the price tag (is just one of the reasons) acording to some developers it is harder and more expensive to make games on the ps3 (for example capcom and monster hunter 3 and the developers of splinter cell).

we can conclude that the reason they don't make exclusives is becase they need to obtain a bigger profit by making the games in another console...this problem happened as well with the ps2 and the SNES so its just a matter of time
Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #528
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Actually, a better case would be the Capcom 5 or whatever it was - the 'exclusive' titles made for the GameCube in order to bolster sales, including Resident Evil 4 and Killer 7. But since they sold poorly, they were eventually ported when the 'exclusivity' ran out, which pissed off some fans who had made the jump to the GC solely for RE4 and other Capcom titles, when they could have just stayed around with the PS2 and have gotten the games eventually.

PS2 actually managed to hold on to some exclusives that should have been ported, like Okami and most the the PS2 only Square games.

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 11-1-2007, 11:03 AM   #529
Dark Ronin
FFR Player

I'm not even going to worrie about it, ps3 gets nearly all the xbox games, so I can live with that. But I do want exclusives. KHIII, FFXIII, all the square titles are going to ps3 only. and besides the 360 has a year on the ps3, right? So just give it time. It'll all work out in the end...I hope.
Old 11-1-2007, 01:58 PM   #530
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm not even going to worrie about it, ps3 gets nearly all the xbox games, so I can live with that. But I do want exclusives. KHIII, FFXIII, all the square titles are going to ps3 only. and besides the 360 has a year on the ps3, right? So just give it time. It'll all work out in the end...I hope.
and even if it doesn't work out, the ps3 will still be here like the gamecube was....sure the gamecube sold poorly but still it had good games that many enjoyed.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #531
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I just got one. My online tag is DangerDanceBoy. Add me. I have CoD4 and Motorstorm for online junk.

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #532
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SithCait22

whats the good games out and possibly coming out in the future?
SithCait22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:16 AM   #533
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

Adding on to the previous: What the hell are the PS3 exclusives that are coming out?

I remember reading somewhere that Metal Gear Solid 4 might be coming to the 360 in later of 2008 and I was a bit shocked. Then I remembered something Yahtzee said way back when. That since the PS3 has those top-end graphics, and hardware, and come on those neato Blue-Ray that production costs and time to make the games will make the wait for the games to come out very long.

So.. what are the PS3 exclusives that are coming out between now and the end of next year? If there's any known former PS2 exclusives that are continuing out as PS3 ones, please name them.

Last edited by Telvanni_guard; 11-30-2007 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: Four.. not Five.. Oi.
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #534
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0

MGS4 comes bundled with the PS3 80 GB and controller that supports rumble, DualSHock 3 on June 12th. It'll cost $499.

Exclusive wise you'll have Gran Turismo, MGS4, Haze, Home, Motorstorm 2, Little Big Planet, Socom: Confrontation, Wipeout HD, SingStar, Resistance 2, Killzone.

I'm not sure if White Knight story is coming out this year but that game looks incredible.

This list is from the top of my head.

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo

Last edited by Shamo0; 02-26-2008 at 03:15 PM..
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #535
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
MGS4 comes bundled with the PS3 80 GB and controller that supports rumble, DualSHock 3 on June 12th. It'll cost $499.

Exclusive wise you'll have Gran Turismo, MGS4, Haze, Home, Motorstorm 2, Little Big Planet, Socom: Confrontation, Wipeout HD, SingStar, Resistance 2, Killzone.

I'm not sure if White Knight story is coming out this year but that game looks incredible.

This list is from the top of my head.
KH 3 as far as I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #536
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0

Yeah but he said this year. Right now the Kingdom Hearts team is working on Final Fantasy Versus. So KH3 is a long ways off. The other Sqaure Enix team is working on FF13.

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #537
koreanmatt
FFR Player

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue coming out in 2 months!!
I'm a big fan of GT series and I can't wait till I get my hands on the game even though its not a fullgame... yet...
April 16, 2008 XD
koreanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #538
UnkownMan
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UnkownMan Send a message via Yahoo to UnkownMan

ow... Super old bumpage. Why hasn't this thread been locked?
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
UnkownMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #539
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

Because PAIN is one of the funniest games to be released since psychonauts.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #540
UnkownMan
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UnkownMan Send a message via Yahoo to UnkownMan

Hey! Psychonauts Was Awesome!
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
UnkownMan is offline   Reply With Quote