Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #441
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Hearthstone

Almost killed maex with hunter. Should work, I'll try some more later.

Use all your traps and all the hunter clears, sit on hounds until it's a good spot, otherwise just pick away with hero power and charge minions. Had her sub 10 and goofed, I'll get it later.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #442
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i did it with healadin by silencing everything with owl and bouncing back earthen and voodoo, typical cheesy strat and was pretty easy
Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #443
Deidara837
For a New Beginning
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This week wasn't that bad either.

Noth is pretty annoying with Plague and his secrets, just have to be careful about your minions not dying. If you're not going to use many minions, care for those trolly Ice Blocks. I ended up using a Ramp Druid deck with bigger minions such as Stormwind Champions and Ironbark Protectors in addition to Ancient of War, Cenarius, Sylvanas, and other big things that you'd like. Maybe a Naturalize and Healing Touch too.

Heigan is a little less tricky to deal with, perhaps with Freeze Mage, as you don't need to worry about an Ice Block, though the Voidcallers get around Flamestrike most of the time. Try to run his hand down first. Fireballing a Necroknight to get a 3 for 1 is sometimes a good option to take.

Loatheb is actually the easiest IMO despite Alex being ineffective. I used a simple midrange warrior that can take advantage of Cruel Task/Whirlwind pings for enrages on Worgen etc and charge buffs/Spore buffs. Frothing is also really good here, Armorsmith helps tone down Loatheb's aggro.

Also, the Hunter class challenge is the most fun I've had in a long time.

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #444
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Anyone knows if this event expire at some point?
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:32 PM   #445
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

The first wing is available free for the next 3 weeks, though it doesn't expire. It's not an event, rather the first adventure in Adventure Mode.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:09 PM   #446
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidara837 View Post
Also, the Hunter class challenge is the most fun I've had in a long time.
This x1000

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
I'll take some more free boosters please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
please do the community a favor
http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2014, 07:16 PM   #447
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

The Military Quarter is much tougher than the past couple weeks. It might take a while for some people to get through these. Here's what I can suggest/what I did.

I should probably say one of these after a while:
I don't want to come across as arrogant in any of these posts. I do want to avoid spoiling things for people who want to complete Naxxramas on their own, hence the spoiler usage. I'm aiming to give insight and a secondary viewpoint on the topic for anyone that seeks it. I enjoy doing write-ups as I like doing these things for other websites and such, providing suggestions and see if I can help anybody. Of course all methods will take time for the pieces to fall together, but that's the nature of the beast that is heroic mode. Thank you for your understanding.

Razuvious is IMO the hardest to get past since your only real chance comes from the blessings of RNJesus. You could potentially taunt stall the Massive Runeblades, but that relies on him not being able to punch through and also on you getting your taunts up in time, without losing too much board control. Priests can also steal those Runeblades to chunk him for 40, which is pretty satisfying. Unfortunately I didn't manage to kill him with his own sword.

I suggest to people to play Priest, try to get 2x Divine Spirit and 1x Inner Fire by turn 3. Also, Raz will need to use his hero power on the same brainwashed dude for both turns 1 and 2 without a Deathcharger to weaken your other one. If the buffed guy gets weakened on turn 2 and you happen to get a pair of Mind Blasts to follow up, you've gone from really lucky to RNJesus Incarnate. If anyone has an easier time than I did, I'd love to hear about it!

I've been hearing that Gothik is the most difficult boss this week, but I had decent luck with a Freeze Mage sort of deck with an added set of the 4 taunt-givers and Coldlight Oracles. I also included 2x Cone of Cold for maximum stall, usually reserved for his Riders. Stall carefully, then throw down Alexstrasza as soon as you safely can to let fatigue help kill him alongside a sexy Pyroblast or an Antonidas-fueled Fireball barrage.

The Four Horseman are almost as easy as they are the first time around. Priests silence very well, be it en masse or not. You can also take them with Cabal SP and Shadow Madness. Seeing as Rivendare uses so much removal I chose to use efficient taunters such as Shieldbearer, Deathlord, and Mogu. Mind Blasts and Charge minions provide the needed reach.

The class challenges this week were also interesting. The Shaman challenge is pretty straightforward, though the Warlock one takes much more time. I eventually broke through when Rivendare couldn't take out my minion-form Lord J.

Last edited by Deidara837; 08-6-2014 at 07:20 PM..
Old 08-6-2014, 07:23 PM   #448
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

hello friends.

military quarter is so rng based
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2014, 07:28 PM   #449
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.D.D View Post
hello friends.

military quarter is so rng based
Obv

At this point suggestions are for what'll prob take less restarts on average

Old 08-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #450
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

God dammit I suck. Last two cards in the deck were 2x Sunwalker and Stormwind Champion

Last edited by Deidara837; 08-12-2014 at 09:38 PM..
Old 08-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #451
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

Construct Quarter is ass

You can Cheese Mage the fuck out of this, requires blessings from RNGesus and slightly changing decks for the challenge.

Patchwerk: take out all the minion-only control and lategame, add in Dancing Swords, Coldlight, Acidic Ooze, some taunts, and multi-minion spawn cards.

Grobbulus: take out all minions you have save for Doomsayers and Alex. Throw in all the Freeze Cheese you can and hope for the best.

Gluth: Put the Oozes back in along with the 4 silence minions, pray for turn 2 Ooze with Nova and Barrier for backup, try to outlast everything and win very late.

Thaddius: The only one that isn't overly crazy. Ditch the Mirror Images, throw in Eggs, Mad Scientist perhaps, Molten Giants, Drakes. Sylvanas if you feel like it. The fight should go better than the other 3 since his resources run out fast.

Fuck you Gluth. Too much misery.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #452
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Patchwerk is really easy with a mage deck but

HOLY SHIT THE REST OF THIS QUARTER

So frustrated with Gluth especially. RNGesus has to bless you so hard to win. I've been set up multiple times and the guy just loads up buffing himself to 12 damage or something and blows me up in one shot. So frustrating. He also has at least 3 weapons. I dropped Ooze turn two and three on him one game and he weaponed AGAIN. I dropped harrison turn 5 and the guy triple enrages and just chops me for the instant KO on turn 6. Probably the worst heroic fight to date other than Razuvius.

Thaddius was a bastard too and almost entirely RNG. If he has a ton of removal in his opening hand, you can't do shit. I opened corruption + Soulfire soooo many times and this guy just clears everything with a bunch of shaman shit and then messes me up. Took so many tries.

Last edited by Reach; 08-14-2014 at 06:34 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #453
tosh
O Derby, Where Art Thou?
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Finally got around to installing this.

First time delving into any sort of card game so obv I'm not very good at it atm, but I'm digging it so far.

Though I've only started on Mage and Rogue decks.
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:32 PM   #454
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Welcome aboard

It was my first card game also (if we don't count poker). Never played magic etc.

Thankfully it's easy to learn and super fun.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #455
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Honestly, that's what I love about this game's design, despite me not playing it as often as I should.

The rules are simple and easy to pick up, and different decisions have clear trade-offs, making a lot of decisions surprisingly meaningful.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:57 AM   #456
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

What do you guys think of the new Naxx cards?

To talk about a few in particular:

Mad Scientist, to me, seems like a monster. The value is probably the highest in the entire game. The question really only becomes: Is it worth adding secrets to my deck? Because if it is, this guy can save you 2-3 mana for only 2 mana and causes a huge tempo buff without even requiring you draw the secret first. Has amazing potential in Mage especially, and hunter. Not sure about Paladin.

Deathlord should be renamed shitlord. Is this card viable in any deck? Holy shit this card sucks. Lategame this card is disastrous, the only time it's useful at all is turn 3 and even then the 2 damage is such an insignificant threat for how badly you can get punished for playing it. I'd take millhouse over this card any day. Deathlord might be the worst card in the game. Even magma rager seems more tempting at this point.

Sludgebelcher...underrated? The destroyer of zoo (or at least the enforcer of owls in zoo decks). One of the best taunts in the game currently. Honestly it's cheaper and just as effective as sunwalker.

Zombiechow...worthless other than in Priest decks? Holy shit the heal is way too much. I'm really skeptical of this card. It can blow up in your face hard for how insignificant a threat it is. It's better than deathlord though.

Last edited by Reach; 08-15-2014 at 08:06 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #457
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Mad Scientist, agreed. But as you said, it's only viable in three decks, those with secrets. Otherwise it's just a 2 drop 2/2 with a deathrattle to buff that card with the skele in the hood who says "bring out your dead"

Deathlord is decent for mill along with the dancing swords. I beat one of the heroics with my mill deck. Deathlord forces a card out of their deck that you don't have to force them to draw. And then if it has a battlecry, that is wasted, and to be honest, the only better cards to play on turn three other than that in mill are Dancing Swords or Mukla. You're not guaranteed to draw perfect, so you will probably get it's value on turn three anyway in mill decks.

Sludge Belcher has made me lose games. Great card. Really makes you want a silence in your deck. That's 1/2 deathrattle is killer because you can't just ping it or kill it with Rogue/Druid hero abilities.

Zombie chow with the Amani Soulpriest/Circle of Healing combo is pretty killer. That's basically a guaranteed board clear with 5 or 10 damage to the enemy's face. That's like a 7 mana turn with all cards in hand. Throw in some Velan + Mind Blasts and you can burst heroes down pretty quickly. In non-priest it's a pretty shitty card. The 5 heal will mitigate all the damage you could poke their face for before they deal with it almost certainly. Can be tactical for healing yourself though when you see your enemy's Zombie Chow on the board.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #458
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Are any mill decks really viable right now though? Excluding vs Heroics. You're going to get pumped playing against Hunter, Warlock and Rogue using a shitlord so I just don't see it working. At least not in this meta. Honestly, the gamble is so risky I'd take millhouse any day and Mukla looks like a treat.

Yeah, the 1/2 on Sludge is definitely the icing on the cake. It's ridiculous value against almost everything. Destroys silenceless warlocks and hunters without an answer pretty badly. I tried adding it to my warlock deck and even that worked really well (funny watching a zoo that was pummeling me just sit there and stare at the board for awhile with no response).

Zombie chow is potentially a beast in priest decks. Can he work in any other deck though? He has been otherwise a complete disaster for me. Simply unplayable but I'd like to see if he works in anything else.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #459
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

IMO the best cards from Naxx (non-class) are Spectral Knight and Loatheb.

The Knight is a 4/6 for 5, which is pretty good by itself, Feugen surpassing that by a little bit. It does have the shrouded effect which makes it exceedingly hard to kill, requiring an answer from the board. If said board happens to be empty when you plop it down it can become a nightmare, especially when taunted up. That situation basically ruins Miracle unless they use like double Spellpower'd Fans and a Poisoned Dagger or something ridiculous, which can't really happen on turn 6 unless they blow their whole hand trying.

Loatheb is a 5/5 for 5, which we see with Stranglethorn Tiger and pre-nerf Sylvanas. It's enough of a board threat to require an answer, but its Battlecry again usually requires a board answer. Its main purpose I've seen it used for is locking down the opponent to seal a win. Throw it down on the turn you're prepping to finish the game, and their answers become limited. It's very effective at what it does.

Feugen and Stalagg are fun, they scream value but are highly reliant on drawing them both. Feugen is at least good as a standalone vanilla card too, being the 4/7 for 5.

Deathlord IMO only sees use in Priest decks who 1) need the early wall and 2) have ways to heal it up fast. It's used more for saving you life rather than doing damage. Personally I replaced it with Dark Cultist, as I'm always happy to have that card in my hand.

Sludge Belcher is solid. I'm not a fan of comparing it to Sunwalker as the first hit on the latter being a big one is a bad idea. Sludge Belcher can take a pair of 3 damage attacks and die, leaving its Slime. I compare it more to a combined Sen'jin Shieldmasta and Goldshire Footman. The latter here which is usually bad is now good because you don't have to waste a card slot for it. Overall good card, sticky and hard to deal with apart from silence.

Zombie Chow is used for early board control as the 2/3 body for 1 can trade with multiple other cards. The health is sometimes irrelevant for two reasons: 1) You're in early game trying to wrest board control from your opponent and haven't really attacked them, or 2) 5 damage when you have the board doesn't represent that much, perhaps one or two attacks, which if you're unfortunate in your board power could potentially buy your opponent a turn.

Mad Scientist is a 2/2 for 2 that can play a 1, 2, or 3 mana card for free. Value is really nice here. I really like it for Cheese Mage as it searches out your Ice Block for free, and doesn't really matter that it's being played now. The problems I run into with that card is when you've been drawing both your secrets and your Mad Scientists, and one of them is useless in your hand. The other problem is with Hunter running multiple different secrets, if it pulls the wrong one for the situation it could be wasted e.g. pulling Explosive against a tanky board, or Freezing vs lots of small minions. Still will probably be played a lot due to its upside, may also eat silences.

Edit: Oh wow two replies while I typed all of that lol

Last edited by Deidara837; 08-15-2014 at 10:35 AM..
Old 08-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #460
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Deathlord should be renamed shitlord. Is this card viable in any deck? Holy shit this card sucks.
this is pretty wrong. deathlord can get ridiculous amounts of value in priest. watch kolento's or zetalot's stream.

Quote:
Sludgebelcher...underrated?
not really, i see it in tons of different control decks. not sure what you're talking about.

Quote:
Are any mill decks really viable right now though?
no

Quote:
Sludge Belcher is solid. I'm not a fan of comparing it to Sunwalker
5 mana vs 6 mana, this makes a huge difference

Quote:
hard to deal with apart from silence.
if they use a silence on sludge belcher you already got massive value. it's not something you really want to spend a silence on when there is a lot more threatening cards in control decks.

generally agree with most of what you said, though

Last edited by Fission; 08-15-2014 at 06:43 PM..
Fission is offline   Reply With Quote