Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #421
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme
Default Re: FFR poker league -ongoing-

lol i run really ****ing bad live. so i quit stars trying to convert to doing this for a living or something along those lines live.

so i'm playing 3/6 live 6 handed, i have just under 500 in my stack. i pick up QQ from the cutoff and raise to 18. button folds both blinds call. don't know too much about the players have only been here for 10 minutes. all i know is that the bb plays about every hand and is the table donk. flop comes KQK. basically nuts. sb checks, bb fires 32, i raise to 70. they both ****ing call. turn comes a meaningless 3. he fires 110, i take about 15 seconds, put him on K10, and ship it. he snap calls and flips over K3 offsuit. lololol i run so good.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #422
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme View Post
lol i run really ****ing bad live. so i quit stars trying to convert to doing this for a living or something along those lines live.

so i'm playing 3/6 live 6 handed, i have just under 500 in my stack. i pick up QQ from the cutoff and raise to 18. button folds both blinds call. don't know too much about the players have only been here for 10 minutes. all i know is that the bb plays about every hand and is the table donk. flop comes KQK. basically nuts. sb checks, bb fires 32, i raise to 70. they both ****ing call. turn comes a meaningless 3. he fires 110, i take about 15 seconds, put him on K10, and ship it. he snap calls and flips over K3 offsuit. lololol i run so good.
Not that it matters in this particular hand, but why raise so small in that spot with position? Were they really that bad that you knew they would completely donk off their stack marginally without ever thinking about what you have? Practically min raising on this board polarizes your range to pretty much air and shit that has K3 crushed, so...usually it would be more profitable to call, especially when it'll be rare you get drawn out on here (a K is about 13%). It's also obvious he has K(rag), since idiots don't donk bet much else on a board like this, and he was in the blinds, so why not let him fire all three streets?

Either way, unlucky spot. It happens though, =/

I've had the same happen more times than I can count.

That's poker I guess.

The fundamental problem with live poker is your results depend so much more on luck than online, since it takes so much longer to accumulate large numbers of hands.

I mean, I've had spells online where I was losing over spans of 10,000-15,000 hands. It could take upwards of 500 hours to recover from this live, which could be months on end.

(I mean, here: slowly losing for 50k hands http://i.imgur.com/y3uxs.jpg)

Edit: Hey, I'll add that I had the exact same thing happen to me today, so add me to the running bad club

Edit 2: Biggest and funniest donk move I've ever seen in a cash game. I'm in BB, folded around to sb, sb limps, I check with 33. Flop comes 357 rainbow, he checks, I check. Turn is 357A, he checks, I check back (if I bet this card I figure he folds most hands so why bother). River 357AA, he checks again, I bet half the pot, and he tanks until his time is about to run out and moves all in for like 110 effective bbs (37x the pot LMAO) (I have him covered).

I insta call, he shows AK. I cannot stop laughing. Thought I had seen it all. Limp from sb was bad enough, checking the river was priceless and omg the shove. (I can't see how he wouldn't have busted even if he played it right, since I would check that flop, but my god haha)

Last edited by Reach; 03-17-2011 at 08:11 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #423
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

i only raise 3x bb typically. i'm fairly tight and don't play a lot of hands so when i raise online it immediately gets respect. live people call with any 2 even though i only play about 10-15% of hands. terrible how bad i ran. i didnt think anyone was bad enough to call with k3. maybe k9 k10.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #424
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

I meant the raise on the flop, not preflop. That was standard, obviously.

You couldn't have ran that bad man. Everyone has losing days to donks. It's variance. You said it yourself; he wasn't supposed to have K3. That's why you can't often do a ton of hand reading on donks. You have to wait for the hand, and then go with it and hope it's good.

I find huge donkeys call with almost any 2 in the sb and bb. It's almost the mark of the donkey at this point. Whenever I see people doing this multiple times, I immediately label them donkey.

It's really annoying when I'm in the bb/sb and plan on re-raising the raiser with a big hand, and the bb/sb turns into an interloper and calls with rags. The pot can become so problematic, especially because it often blocks a c-bet if the flop isn't good.

There are a couple of ways to combat this nonsense:

1. I start buying in short. 40-60 bb depending on the game. You could try this too, it'll vastly decrease your variance. I like to get into spots where instead of re-raising the raiser in the bb after I get an interloper, I ship. I've actually been called in this spot a ton of times by the interloper with hilarious hands (all time fav was T5 off). Very profitable imo

2. Alternatively I buy in as deep as possible and stop building pots and start set mining. Depends on who else is at the table and if they allow limping with pairs. If they're not punishing limpers, set mining is actually retardedly profitable when compared to trying to raise your pairs (bitches don't even know how much of my profits come from set mining idiots. Yes, many players will ship 120 effective bb on a flop with something like AA or KK on a clean flop, and then tilt afterwards).

Last edited by Reach; 03-17-2011 at 10:16 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #425
Ksl33zy24
The New York Yankees
FFR Veteran

where do u find a 3/6 nl game, or was i just reading raising to 18 wrong?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #426
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol just not sure if i'm good enough to do it for a living or not. =/
Old 03-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #427
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Been keeping track of some stats. Most people complain about suckouts, but most people are quick to point out the fact that poker players like to remember their losses and not their wins, and suck out as much as they get sucked out on.

I, however, don't buy it. At least, not in low stakes poker games.

I've been tallying suckouts for and against lately to see if there really is anything to my complaining, and I think there is.

I'm only counting a suck out as something catching on the turn or the river that 1. Isn't a flush or open ended straight draw, 2. Shouldn't have been in that person's range, and subsequently was not possible for me to get away from, and 3. Bad calls were made with bad pot odds and bad implied odds.

I am counting suckouts that go all in pre-flop with hands that shouldn't be all-in (Small pairs, Ace-rags, and KingX)

The last 3 sessions I've played tally about 3,000 hands.

Thus far, I've been sucked out on 16 times.11 times the suck out resulted in the loss of my entire stack. Most have been 4 or 3 outers.

Thus far I have sucked out 2 times. Both times the suckout resulted in the loss of my opponents entire stack. Both suckouts were actually floats against a c-bet my opponent connected and I got a very nice turn or river card.

So, it's looking like there's some truth to this so far. Everyone's sucking out on me and I'm not returning the favors.

Still turning a marginal profit though ^^
Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #428
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

i hate playing short... i cant play my game without 150+ bb stack.

suckouts happen, i love sucking out. a big part of my live game is implied odds based thin calls. ive called $25, $30 dollar bets with gutshots many many times when the price is right. **** it two tears in a bucket get it in there.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #429
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

been playing off my ass lately... im really confident in my game. going to spend the summer in raleigh working and grinding 1/2, 1/3, 5/5 (once i have a spare 500 to sit with).
Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #430
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Without A Contraceptive View Post

suckouts happen, i love sucking out. a big part of my live game is implied odds based thin calls. ive called $25, $30 dollar bets with gutshots many many times when the price is right. **** it two tears in a bucket get it in there.
I didn't count anything with good implied odds as a suckout, since it's not really a suckout. I only counted situations where the calls were massively negative EV. Calling a bet where you have terrible pot odds, but massive implied odds can definitely be very +EV.

I half expected the results. I get my money in good way more often than they do, so they have to come from behind. I guess it's the nature of being a winning player, whereas, they say as many as 80-90% of internet poker players are losers that feed the sharks.

Quote:
I like playing really deep against horrifically bad players, since it's more profitable, and against very strong players, since it can be the only way to get a decent edge.

Don't like so much playing really deep against ok players, simply because playing short simplifies my decisions so much and decreases variance, beating them at that point is simply ABC robotic play I don't have to think about, which makes it easy to 12 table.

Last edited by Reach; 03-18-2011 at 09:36 PM..
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #431
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I didn't count anything with good implied odds as a suckout, since it's not really a suckout. I only counted situations where the calls were massively negative EV. Calling a bet where you have terrible pot odds, but massive implied odds can definitely be very +EV.

I half expected the results. I get my money in good way more often than they do, so they have to come from behind. I guess it's the nature of being a winning player, whereas, they say as many as 80-90% of internet poker players are losers that feed the sharks.

I like playing really deep against horrifically bad players, since it's more profitable, and against very strong players, since it can be the only way to get a decent edge.

Don't like so much playing really deep against ok players, simply because playing short simplifies my decisions so much and decreases variance, beating them at that point is simply ABC robotic play I don't have to think about, which makes it easy to 12 table.
80-90% of internet players at the stakes i was playing is just lol. i'm lucky if i saw 5 fish over the course of a day.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #432
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

ya i was talking strictly live. when i start to play online ill probably short when i multi table.

ya huge implied odds are +ev... banging 4 outers and getting bet into is what i live for. all you can do is get it in good and hold on tight. ill get it in with the nfd a pair and a gutshot tho (plo) All Day. that would be approximately the equivalent of a nfd and oesd in holdem i guess

4 handed 1/1 got it in for 250 on the flop with top and bottom pair, k high flush draw against bottom pair, gutshot and the nfd. i definitely liked my hand but his was pretty sick. ran it twice and i won both tho. #rungood
Old 03-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #433
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme View Post
80-90% of internet players at the stakes i was playing is just lol. i'm lucky if i saw 5 fish over the course of a day.
Many people that aren't fish are still losing players. Many sharks are losers in high stakes games. It all depends on whether or not they're playing bigger sharks or not.

More than 50% of players at almost every level are losers. That's because most of the money is going to the best of the best. Most players have a decent number of leaks. All of this money is leaked to the best players.

The only exception to this is the high stakes ring, where way more than 50% are winners, but that's mostly because the sharks feed on isolated groups of big money fish. If you made the pros feed off of each other, eventually all of the profits would go to the isolated tier of the best players in the world (I mean, look at how much money Phil Ivey is hoarding online XD)

With that said, the highest I've ever played online was 1/2. Probably about half of the players there were very very sharkish people I generally wanted to avoid. There were only a few fish.

At 0.1/0.25 and 0.25/0.5 it's not so bad, there are more fish, but there are way more sharks than fish.

Last edited by Reach; 03-18-2011 at 10:19 PM..
Old 03-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #434
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

yeah i played mostly sngs returned a really high roi for a while then had a downswing. gonna try some more live cash games, they're really ****ing soft. also some circuit events in the wsop this summer.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #435
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

im considering putting a bill online and grinding tiny stakes hu sngs and full ring cash... well see what happens
Old 03-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #436
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

Yeah I thinking of doing the same. I am planning on putting $50 on FTP and play a bunch of Sit n Go's because I usually do really well at 9 man.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #437
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

that's what i did what was it january... put 100$ on stars and just took off. xD
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #438
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol sorry about the double posts. anyone else game for going down to vegas and playing some events with me? xD
Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #439
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

ya april 29th 2012 see you there... already saving for my coming ac/vegas trips the summer i turn 21. my aunt told me shed buy me in to the $1,000 nl wsop event as a birthday gift~ hopefully i'll be able to play an 8 or better event and possibly a main event satellite, but id probably just end up spending the satellite buyin on drinks, drugs and cash games.

the 1/2 game i play at in raleigh now has a monday night 2/5 200 min no max.... 1/2 fish playing 2/5 with 400-1,000 behind holy crap get me in this game. my parent's neighbor used to play a lot but now that he has 3 kids, a nagging wife, and a real job he doesnt play much. ive brought him out to a few games tho, hes pretty solid. definitely going to ask him to stake me a dime to get in to that 2/5 and the 5/5 (500 min 1k max) down the road.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #440
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

When I turn 21 lump sure. I'm getting bigger and bigger into poker everyday.
Closed Thread