Originally Posted by soulwar View Post
Expect some videos
Looking forward to it =)
Old 08-8-2012, 08:02 PM   #4322
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 7th Official FFR Tournament

Welp, looks like the tie breaker is going to happen anyways in D4, lol.

Anyways, I really don't know still about the case with Soulwar. I mean, someone mentioned the lack of good scores via level ranks, so that's suspicion right there.

I'm still 50/50 though, seeing what others have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 08-8-2012, 08:04 PM   #4323
soulwar
FFR Player

I also do take advantage of the restart feature since I'm so used to ESCing out of songs in stepmania that are too hard or when I screw up big time (I know some of you do this as well!)

I probably should play FFR more often but I do dislike the choppy playstyle of FFR sometimes. It feels.. not as.. smooth(?) as stepmania. If you guys request some songs I can definitely play them after I finish statistics & computer science finals early next week.
Old 08-8-2012, 08:04 PM   #4324
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Ninja View Post
I find it funny how most of soulwar's songs are only played once or twice but maybe that's the Velo engines work there.....
Agreed. It's really weird and suggests that there are skills there which are deliberately being hidden. Also, AAAing Nous in one try - even with the velo engine - is really hard, and that score by itself - if gotten at the start of the tournament - would suggest at least D5. Plus, I gotta say, I don't think it's fair to let someone as suspicious as this take vrofl away from one of the clearly hard-working D4 finalists. I know he got screwed over by bad timing, or bad luck, but at this point in the tourn we really need to consider the other players as well - most of them have been working hard on this for a month.

Quote:
I'm not obligated to tell everyone who I am, what I am, and what I do
Normally this would be true. However, this is not acceptable behavior for someone who wants to compete in an official tournament. It's just not fair to others to have to compete against someone who clearly has more skill than they have been disclosing.

Last edited by qqwref; 08-8-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Old 08-8-2012, 08:06 PM   #4325
i heart candy
Retired
FFR Veteran

I have a good idea who you are. I just hope anybody with a brain realizes it.

Old 08-8-2012, 08:09 PM   #4326
soulwar
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by i heart candy View Post
I have a good idea who you are. I just hope anybody with a brain realizes it.
And what I want to ask you is, how can you be so suspicious of me when you have 706 games played with 607 AAA scores? Hypocrite much >_>
Also who are YOU? You look like an amazing player but you've been on the website for 0.13 years..

Honestly can't believe I'm getting flak for trying to play and people like you just nag on me whenever I post something..
Old 08-8-2012, 08:12 PM   #4327
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Someone nip this in the ****ing bud before it gets out of hand and the thread has to be locked again. BMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Old 08-8-2012, 08:13 PM   #4328
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
I know he got screwed over by bad timing, or bad luck, but at this point in the tourn we really need to consider the other players as well - most of them have been working hard on this for a month.

So has soul? They've put in scores for ALL four rounds. Then being swicthed midround 4 without notice. Where does Soul's work go? Down the drain? I don't think THAT's fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 08-8-2012, 08:15 PM   #4329
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
So has soul? They've put in scores for ALL four rounds. Then being swicthed midround 4 without notice. Where does Soul's work go? Down the drain? I don't think THAT's fair.
All the hard work of AAA'ing songs way under his or her capabilities. Lots of work there.

Old 08-8-2012, 08:15 PM   #4330
i heart candy
Retired
FFR Veteran

Quote:
And what I want to ask you is, how can you be so suspicious of me when you have 706 games played with 607 AAA scores? Hypocrite much >_>

Also who are YOU? You look like an amazing player but you've been on the website for 0.13 years..

Honestly can't believe I'm getting flak for trying to play and people like you just nag on me whenever I post something..
My situation is totally irrelevant to this one. I'm not even participating in the tournament this year because I wanted to focus on my skill personally and compete when I feel comfortable enough.
Oh yeah, vet for .13 years. I'm totally a random just like you!

Old 08-8-2012, 08:15 PM   #4331
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
All the hard work of AAA'ing songs way under his or her capabilities. Lots of work there.
Yes.
Quote:
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 08-8-2012, 08:16 PM   #4332
Jake Ferguson
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Jake Ferguson

Incoming bias: I wouldn't be fair for people that were placed in too high of a division (and when they pm'd people in charge got no response back or acknowledgement of it being read) and were eliminated first round if soulwar was put back in the tournament again to "have a fair chance", no matter who he/she is or if the account is an alt (sorry about the he/she soulwar, I don't know you )

Old 08-8-2012, 08:18 PM   #4333
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

My best solution is : soulwar is back in D4, but still 8 people pass to the next round. (8 out of 16 + soulwar) All the prizes are still rewarded with the 16 contenders in the tournament. (the inclusion of soulwar shouldn't interfere with other's position in the tourney)
Since he doesn't want "real" prizes but only the tokens, we could award him what he would have got if he was still in. For example :
Charu, .Gazelle. and Novelties finishes 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively. soulwar gets a score that would have put him 3rd. So, award him the right amount of credits (240,000 in that situation), vRofl, +tokens. Novelties ranked 3rd, so he gets the same prizes.

Dunno if my explanation was clear. But that should be fair for everyone left.
Old 08-8-2012, 08:18 PM   #4334
soulwar
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by i heart candy View Post
My situation is totally irrelevant to this one. I'm not even participating in the tournament this year because I wanted to focus on my skill personally and compete when I feel comfortable enough.
Oh yeah, vet for .13 years. I'm totally a random just like you!
Wow, that's some great mentality for a person trying to focus on improving his or her skill! You don't welcome competition at all, and you ostracize others that might be a potential competitor. In addition, you flaunt the fact that you're a veteran after playing for only 0.13 years. That's pretty amazing and shows your lack of ability to welcome people. Keep it up buddy! I'm sure you'll do great with that mentality in upcoming tournaments. Keep it up.

Anyhow, I don't care what you have to say about me. You're a random just like me on the Internet, one out of billions.

If people are also against me being put back into the tournament, listen to them!! I would be perfectly fine if everyone agreed on keeping me out of the tournament for the sake of everyone else. But I also at the same time, want to raise my voice to say I was taken out, and put back in without notice. That's all I have to say for now.

Enjoy the tournament, and I'm so, so sorry for all the trouble I've caused to everyone.
I don't hate anyone here, and I don't hold a grudge against anyone who has been against my return to the tournament.

Just.. enjoy the tournament since I've been enjoying it a great deal so far. Prizes or not, fun is fun. That's what I'm here for.

Last edited by soulwar; 08-8-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Old 08-8-2012, 08:21 PM   #4335
rebelrunner26
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Conspiracy theory: soulwar and i heart candy are both alts of the same person.

Dramadramadramadrama...

Edit: You kids play nice :P
Old 08-8-2012, 08:22 PM   #4336
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
My best solution is : soulwar is back in D4, but still 8 people pass to the next round. (8 out of 16 + soulwar) All the prizes are still rewarded with the 16 contenders in the tournament. (the inclusion of soulwar shouldn't interfere with other's position in the tourney)
Since he doesn't want "real" prizes but only the tokens, we could award him what he would have got if he was still in. For example :
Charu, .Gazelle. and Novelties finishes 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively. soulwar gets a score that would have put him 3rd. So, award him the right amount of credits (240,000 in that situation), vRofl, +tokens. Novelties ranked 3rd, so he gets the same prizes.

Dunno if my explanation was clear. But that should be fair for everyone left.
I like this idea a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 08-8-2012, 08:22 PM   #4337
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
It's not about the work in soulwar's case, it's about the dishonesty of not being straightforward about skill level. In a division-based tournament, if you play against people who are way worse, and win, you're essentially cheating and taking a prize you don't deserve. If he was just another active, well-known player being moved up to D4 in the middle of the tournament for a legit reason (like wanting to be pushed up) I would be all for letting him continue - but this is not one of those cases. Hell, at this point we can't even be sure he won't win D4 if given the chance.

Last edited by qqwref; 08-8-2012 at 08:25 PM..
Old 08-8-2012, 08:23 PM   #4338
i heart candy
Retired
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Wow, that's some great mentality for a person trying to focus on improving his or her skill! You don't welcome competition at all, and you ostracize others that might be a potential competitor. In addition, you flaunt the fact that you're a veteran after playing for only 0.13 years. That's pretty amazing and shows your lack of ability to welcome people. Keep it up buddy! I'm sure you'll do great with that mentality in upcoming tournaments. Keep it up.
Why would I welcome someone who I know has been in this community? Plus the personality you play does not add up at all. You play innocent (live you've done in the past), then you play the whole stop harrassing me card (so lame), and then you play your final dry, sarcastic remarks card. Sounds like someone I already know who is known for bs. *cough cough*

But then again, it's whatever. This tournament has already fallen apart in my opinion anyway. The people who did placements this year allowed d5 players to sandbag until the 5th round. Congrats you guys!

Old 08-8-2012, 08:24 PM   #4339
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I like this idea a lot.
Yeah, you like my idea because I predicted you'll finish 1st! Haha.
Old 08-8-2012, 08:24 PM   #4340
soulwar
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
It's not about the work in soulwar's case, it's about the dishonesty of not being straightforward about skill level. In a division-based tournament, if you play against people who are way worse, and win, you're essentially cheating and taking a prize you don't deserve. If he was just another active, well-known player being moved up to D4 in the middle of the tournament for a legit reason (like wanting to be pushed up) I would be all for letting him continue - but this is not one of those cases. Hell, at this point we can't even be sure he won't win D4.
I was originally placed into Division 1 and I requested to be put into a higher division, of at least division 3. I think I had a very challenging AAA or something along those (even higher I think) before signing up for the tournament. I made sure to play some hard songs. Also, I've been training extremely hard as well, playing through the majority of songs in Xoon and SMG packs, so that gave me a boost as well. I've never been dishonest about my skill, just pretty darn obscure because I prefer playing stepmania over FFR most of the time. I'm not ohmygodamazing good but I did believe I was at least Division 3. I think I would still give it my best if I got put into Division 5, I'm not going to go down without a fight~
Closed Thread