Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-6-2006, 12:23 AM   #21
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy
Default Re: Disgaea 2 preorders are open!

PS2.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2006, 11:03 AM   #22
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Odds are it could play on a PS1, if they formatted it for that :/ Is that true, Moogy?

Anyway, I'm buy like $2,500 in comp parts, Disgaea 2 will have to wait. Sad thing is I know I have to buy it when it comes out to have any chance of ever seeing it again any place except Ebay for 80 USD.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2006, 02:02 PM   #23
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

No; the game can fit on a CD, since it's only about 600 megs or so (having no FMV and no 3D models reduces the size dramatically), but the sprites and portraits are too high-res for the PSX to handle. The 3D graphics would have to be drastically reduced in quality as well. Also, the PSX definitely couldn't handle the special effects from attacks and such.

Fun fact: Disgaea 2 will be the first NIS game that will not be able to fit on a CD! It is 1.2 gigs. The reason? Well, for one, as I already mentioned, it's much higher-res than any of NIS's other games. It also has much more voice acting (with big name seiyuu in Japan, instead of random people like the others; America will just get the usual crew of Crispin Freeman and other random people though) and a lot more content in general. It really marks a turning point for NIS.

Also, NISA is publishing Disgaea 2, not Atlus, unlike Disgaea 1 (when the original came out, NISA didn't exist). What does this mean? It means you'll actually be able to find copies of it in stores long after it has come out! I mean, just look around any Gamestop. You should see multiple copies of PB, MK, and Atelier Iris 1/2. NISA is pretty good about making good-sized production runs; also note that Disgaea 2 will be by far their most popular game to date, so I'm sure they'll produce enough copies of it. I believe they have over 6000 preorders for Disgaea 2 within the last few days alone!

So yeah, I wouldn't worry about finding the game. It's not Atlus we're dealing with this time.

Also, it's kinda cool that the huge success of just one game spawned an entirely new localization company. If Disgaea hadn't've become so popular, NISA wouldn't exist right now!

Last edited by Moogy; 08-6-2006 at 02:05 PM..
Old 08-6-2006, 03:49 PM   #24
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

To be honest, I actually kinda like it when I get a game that's only shipped out to stores once or twice. It kinda feels like you're one of the few people who gets to play it, like a closed beta tester.

Also, the prices on Ebay skyrocket, they usually at least double, for pretty much every game I've seen that's released in a limited-edition-like setup(rofl, bad wording).

And yeah, Disgaea was awkward and fun in a way that I've seen many games not to be. Mainly because you have so much limitless power and the ability to crush everything. Also, how it takes more than just the average 50 hours to unlock everything in the game and get to the level cap. I'd probably spend a couple hundred hours unlocking everything and getting to 9,999 on any single character, if my Disgaea 1 weren't stolen -.-

Is Disgaea 1 data convertable into Disgaea 2? It seems like something they'd do, just with their overpowering no-limits theme they seem to like to put in their games. I have a couple maxed levels and stuff. I never did get that space+time machine(or whatever it's called) item that lets you teleport anywhere on the map(supposedly), though. I heard you get it from killing Item God 2 or something. Yeah right, like I'm going down 100 bloody floors just for a stupid item that'll have little use to me besides a couple of stages and the item world.

So if you get that, can you just go on down the entire item world like that, going into every portal right from the start? And what exactly is it? Equipment? A "use" item with infinite uses? Is it even an item, or does it just let you teleport anywhere?
Old 08-6-2006, 10:49 PM   #25
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Pretty much any portal not guarded by a gatekeeper is accessible to a ten-man team already. Hell, just my rogue and my ninja can cover fifteen spaces by themselves.

I'm currently working for the top-but-still-sub-100-rank items. Laharl's over 300, Etna and my Scout are both 250+, my top mage, warrior, and ninja are all 200+, and all the rest of my oft-used team are over 100.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2006, 08:23 AM   #26
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Why Guido, what a wonderful idea!. I should just make an entire ten-man team of Rogues, fully dedicated to Item World travelling! They would be The One-Turners, and would be named:
Helpful
Hopeful
Soulful
Shifty
Thrifty
Nifty
Cranky
Crabby
Hungry
Weepy

Last edited by Omeganitros; 08-7-2006 at 08:50 AM..
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2006, 12:27 PM   #27
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'd just whip up a bunch of level ones, throw some equips on them, and tell them to stack and throw Laharl. I dunno.

And Moogy, answer the question about the space+time item <.<
Old 08-7-2006, 12:42 PM   #28
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You can teleport anywhere with it.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Old 08-7-2006, 12:48 PM   #29
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Oh, sweet. But what IS it? A usable item? An item that becomes invisible once you get it, and it just lets you go anywhere?
Old 08-7-2006, 01:01 PM   #30
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You equip it.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-7-2006, 02:06 PM   #31
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

You get it from killing an Item God 2.

And no, you can't transfer data between Disgaea 1 and 2. That would be dumb.

Old 08-7-2006, 06:08 PM   #32
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, I guess it'd kill the fun to start out with a level 9,999 at the start of the game.

And I'd get that item if that idiot didn't steal my game. I know who did it, but I don't know where he lives/his phone number. Not like I can just run into his house and grab an $80 video game, anyway, even if I did know.