Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-7-2004, 05:01 PM   #21
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

Kenzya is completely made up.. out of my mind.. it's a coincidence that it came out as Kenya with a Z.. Yet there are a couple people on EVERQUEST with the name Kenzya and a couple people on AIM with the name Kenzya..
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2004, 05:11 PM   #22
CalibreneGuru
FFR Player

I can guarantee no one but me uses my name, and if they did I would seriously be like "wtf".
CalibreneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2004, 05:16 PM   #23
staroceanfreakx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to staroceanfreakx Send a message via MSN to staroceanfreakx

SOFX and S0FX were taken, but people use that for my nickname sometimes if they don't like to type it alot. And in one rather unfortunate typo incident, I was called sofa instead of sofx, and some people still call me sofa.
You better hurry up and conform to what everyone wants you to do! To act upon something of your own decision would surely make you uncool.
IAI Jesus (7:22:09 PM): The second I see a girl who likes Dragonforce, I'm just going to cum instantly.
StarOceanFreakX (7:22:16 PM): hahahaha
IAI Jesus (7:22:18 PM): Nonstop
IAI Jesus (7:22:22 PM): for the rest of my life
IAI Jesus (7:22:45 PM): Meaning I would die in 4 seconds
staroceanfreakx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2004, 05:31 PM   #24
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Uh yea...get over it...theres like a billion people on the net. Someones bound to type in the same letters for a name as you. Not to mention 'Rediahs' has the world Red in it, i'm sure eventually, no matter what name you use, someone else is going to use it or come up with it, unless you have something like 'ASDFGJKL;jamespoopypantSS$$$PIMP'
Old 09-7-2004, 06:08 PM   #25
ThEclipse
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ThEclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach
ASDFGJKL;jamespoopypantSS$$$PIMP
Taken.
ThEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2004, 08:37 PM   #26
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

OMG NO THAT WUZ MY SECRIT USRNAME U RUINED IT!!!!
Old 09-7-2004, 08:53 PM   #27
Kenzya
FFR Player

"Rediahs"
Let's elaborate.

Rediahs kind of sounds like "Red Eyes" which happens to be in the movie Mystery Men. Someone who thinks they're original makes their nickname RedEyes. It's taken, so they just sound it out and get it at "Rediahs".
Old 09-7-2004, 09:17 PM   #28
User6773

Am I the only one here who supports Chrissi?

Rediahs, like Chardish, is an invented name, and as someone who has used his invented name for 4+ years on various places on the Internet, I understand her plight. It's a name that sounds like a name, rather than a screen name.

I wouldn't want to see some idiot go around impersonating me on other forums, either. In fact I wouldn't even like the idea of there being another Chardish out there.
Old 09-7-2004, 09:26 PM   #29
Kenzya
FFR Player

I thought of you more as a vegetable than a person.
Old 09-7-2004, 09:31 PM   #30
TACODUDE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TACODUDE

Someone coulda seriously messed up when spelling "Radish" and thought it looked cool, so they kept it.

I LOVE POKEMON! LOL
TACODUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2004, 10:23 PM   #31
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Holy sh*t, I would fly off the handle if someone took my name.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2004, 01:35 PM   #32
Tantric
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Tantric

why does it matter....there are atleast 280million people in the US and you're telling us
that you are the only person to think of that name...? And thats not counting people from
Canada and other parts of the world..so just deal with it.

"I'd burn alive to keep you warm"
Tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2004, 07:59 PM   #33
Feuergeist
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Feuergeist

heh, I havent seen another person using my name. course, somebody on aim took it already, but they are never on. I have a feeling that I did it, and forgot the password.

Wer noch nie einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat sich noch nie an etwas Neuem versucht.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Feuergeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2004, 08:53 PM   #34
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke

i don't really care if someone took this screen name 'cuz
it's based off of an anime character thus is fairly popular,
but if I had a completely original name and someeone took
it I would be extremely pissed
Old 09-8-2004, 09:23 PM   #35
Chrissi
FFR Player

Tantric, how many have internet access? How many of those people actually WANT to use a made-up name (rather than basketball-boi or sweetsxybitch or those popular sounding names)... you don't see very many people with made-up names. More often than not they are variations of actual words.

I would say that less than a few million people would actually use a name such as "Rediahs". Now consider that there are 8 billion different ways you can make a 7-letter word.

Okay, so it's got the word "red" in it... there are still half a million 4-letter possibilities. But then what other words could you tack onto the beginning of "iahs", which is an odd combination indeed? You could go Funkiahs, which sounds to be more popular than something like Rediahs but GUESS WHAT, google results nothing for it. You could tack anything on there. Brings the idea count BACK WAY UP. What about Bluiahs? Greeniahs? In fact I just tried a bunch of colours and none of them turned up anything.

I don't understand how it sounds like "eyes" anyway... but as far as I can tell nobody is using it that way. The only real google result I can find for something that sounds like Rediahs is the word Obediahs...

By the way I'm from Canada, so if I were you I'd count the 30-40 million people in Canada before those in the US...

The statistics just don't add up. I don't see how anybody else could randomly think to use Rediahs for a name. Or a word at all. This means that it's very likely that they saw me using it and started using it themselves. THIS is what bothers me. It damn freaks me out that somebody would want my name.

If anybody's got any real evidence that, for some reason, Rediahs is something that people might use without having seen it before, I'd like to hear it.
Old 09-8-2004, 09:57 PM   #36
Kenzya
FFR Player

You make it sound like nothing like this has ever happend in the whole of the universe. What are you going to do? What do you expect other people to do? I mean, fuck. You have no proof other than "your beliefs" that say someone can't make it up without having seen it. Keep using it or give it up.

I don't understand how it could freak you out. Even if someone did see your name and take it it's just because they like the name or something similar. It's not like they're stealing your clothes and pretending to be you on the streets.

Sorry.
Old 09-9-2004, 06:55 AM   #37
Scarlette
FFR Player

No one ever steals my name...'cause Scarlette is just well...I don't know.

It's my real name. Do you see someone walking around with the name Scarlette all the time? No, you don't. It's just...me.

Once I tried to join this site and my name was taken, but it turns out my friend made the name. I was like, "Wtf!? What's the pass, it's mine now." and he gave it, because he's like, obsessed with me.

ROCK FOR LIFE
Scarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2004, 10:07 AM   #38
Chrissi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzya
You make it sound like nothing like this has ever happend in the whole of the universe.
I didn't intend for it to. Sorry.

Quote:
What are you going to do? What do you expect other people to do? I mean, fuck. You have no proof other than "your beliefs" that say someone can't make it up without having seen it. Keep using it or give it up.
You're right, I have no proof. You're absolutely right there. I never claimed to have proof, and if you have proof that they DIDN'T I'd REALLY like to hear it.

Quote:
I don't understand how it could freak you out. Even if someone did see your name and take it it's just because they like the name or something similar. It's not like they're stealing your clothes and pretending to be you on the streets.
It's because it's the exact reason I chose the name.. it was unique. I wanted a unique name, and now it's no longer unique, probably because of some dumbass who decided it sounded cool and took it.
Old 09-9-2004, 11:21 AM   #39
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

There are several ArchOwl's.

There's one Arch0wl. It's me. Everything you google under Arch0wl will be related to me, and if just so happens to not be (doubtful) they're probably not that significant anyway because my google results compared to theirs is like the entire army of China and North America vs Zimbabwe
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2004, 11:31 AM   #40
Kenzya
FFR Player

Everyone thinks their name is unique.. Look up Kenzya in google.. see what you get..