Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is using 2 Hands cheating for playing FFR?
Of course! 9 10.98%
No Way! 69 84.15%
Maybe, depends on how much you really wanna ruin the game. 4 4.88%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-7-2004, 10:29 PM   #21
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

I play SM with my feet, ololo
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2004, 10:40 PM   #22
fusi0n
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fusi0n

You know I play the piano one-handed. The 'good' people have always been big cheaters like Chopin with both hands...he was a chump. Hey, I'm better than you even though I can't beat you.
Old 06-8-2004, 12:24 AM   #23
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

This question is just stupid. Of course both are perfectly legitimate styles of playing this game.

You have to keep in mind that one handed and two handed play are entirely seperate worlds. Comparing scores and accomplishments between the two styles is completely meaningless. I play one handed myself, and do I compare scores with Nima? No, I compare them with Moogy, or Kilga, or Reach (his one hand scores).

That being said, I honestly can't imagine how this game would be that fun if you have a finger on each arrow. Where's the movement then, which is where all of the fun comes from?
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 12:37 AM   #24
alextrebek
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to alextrebek Send a message via Yahoo to alextrebek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit
This question is just stupid. Of course both are perfectly legitimate styles of playing this game.

You have to keep in mind that one handed and two handed play are entirely seperate worlds. Comparing scores and accomplishments between the two styles is completely meaningless. I play one handed myself, and do I compare scores with Nima? No, I compare them with Moogy, or Kilga, or Reach (his one hand scores).

That being said, I honestly can't imagine how this game would be that fun if you have a finger on each arrow. Where's the movement then, which is where all of the fun comes from?
Kefit wins. I totally agree with everything you said.
alextrebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 12:47 AM   #25
User6773

Saying 2 hands is cheating is like saying playing DDR with 2 feet is cheating. Where do the rules say that you can't use 1 hand? Do you consider typing Word documents with 2 hands to be cheating?

Anyway, we've been over this about 50 times in 300 different topics. Beating a dead horse. I'm surprised it hasn't been locked yet.
Old 06-8-2004, 01:05 AM   #26
rabbit49080
FFR Player

ummm, its fine to use two hands, i feel more comfertable playing with one hand. But I am lucky. My brain trained itself to recognize the placement of the arrows across the screen so i no longer have to acually pay attention to the arrows. Also its helps me alot to have the arrows falling down instead of riseing up. Is this true for anyone else, I mean the arrow placement thing.
rabbit49080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 02:34 AM   #27
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
Indexes are fine.
Three fingers is fine.
Four fingers isn't.
I agree with Moogy. I was fine with four fingers and acknowledged the play style until people started making "four finger style" simfiles, especially the ones adjusted to their skill level. That just ruined it.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 07:09 AM   #28
Aybabtu
FFR Player

I am a one handed olayer, and to be honest I tried to play with two hands but it was too hard for me. I do wayyyy better with just one hand. Either way you play, it is because you have more fun that way so I dont consider either way cheating.
Aybabtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 07:45 AM   #29
pxbluesoul
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to pxbluesoul Send a message via AIM to pxbluesoul Send a message via MSN to pxbluesoul Send a message via Yahoo to pxbluesoul

I use 6 fingers. Word.

(D-Buttons + WASD)

And I used to play with one hand but after a while it got painful, playing with two hands takes care of that though.

Edit: I don't doubt some 1-handed players can pass FOTBB but good luck with Payon. There's an entire group of songs (that Arch may have correctly cited as four-finger simfiles) that are passable with two-hands that just...aren't otherwise.
pxbluesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 09:01 AM   #30
Zeryo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
Saying 2 hands is cheating is like saying playing DDR with 2 feet is cheating. Where do the rules say that you can't use 1 hand? Do you consider typing Word documents with 2 hands to be cheating?

Anyway, we've been over this about 50 times in 300 different topics. Beating a dead horse. I'm surprised it hasn't been locked yet.
Actually playing ffr with 2 hands is like playing ddr with 4 legs, you always have your hand over the arrows, do you always have your feet over the arrows?

1 hand player
Old 06-8-2004, 02:26 PM   #31
dark_1203
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dark_1203 Send a message via Yahoo to dark_1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
"You have to take [your hand] out of the pickle jar first"
ah i see then what do you do you only said take my hand out of the jar
dark_1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 02:38 PM   #32
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish

Actually playing ffr with 2 hands is like playing ddr with 4 legs, you always have your hand over the arrows, do you always have your feet over the arrows?

1 hand player
If you had the body strength you could put your feet on left-up and your hands on down-right like a crab-walk, and do it that way.

Nowhere in the rules of the game does it say how many fingers you're allowed to use to hit the keys. It's silly to say that 4 fingers is cheating. Is using 2 hands and 8 fingers cheating in IIDX?
Old 06-8-2004, 03:00 PM   #33
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

My first game of FFR I played I used 1 hand. This was probably back in January/February 2003. After that I'm like "wtf.. why would I use 1 hand when I have 2? I can put one finger on each arrow... duh.. obvious way to play." I've been playing with 4 fingers ever since. I choose NOT to put myself at a disadvantage. If you enjoy playing one handed or with only 2 fingers, fine...

....but remember, it's your own damn fault for not picking 4 finger. So stop whining like little bitches.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2004, 03:05 PM   #34
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I meant to put this post in the above post, but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryo

1 hand player
Then to make your argument vaild, you better be using only 2 fingers on that one hand.. because you can't cover more than 2 arrows since on DDR you only can cover 2 arrows at a time with your feet.... idiot.

I'd like to say to the cry babies that KEYBOARD STEPMANIA IS NOT DDR and neither is FFR.
Old 06-8-2004, 03:08 PM   #35
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl
Quote:
Indexes are fine.
Three fingers is fine.
Four fingers isn't.
I agree with Moogy. I was fine with four fingers and acknowledged the play style until people started making "four finger style" simfiles, especially the ones adjusted to their skill level. That just ruined it.
That's some very poor logic. Simply the stepfiles changed your mind about four fingers being "fine"...
Old 06-8-2004, 03:10 PM   #36
banditcom
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl
Quote:
Indexes are fine.
Three fingers is fine.
Four fingers isn't.
I agree with an idiot. I was fine with indexes and acknowledged the play style until people started making "index style" simfiles, especially the ones adjusted to their skill level. That just ruined it.
Old 06-8-2004, 03:53 PM   #37
zildjian133
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zildjian133 Send a message via MSN to zildjian133 Send a message via Yahoo to zildjian133

Two hands is not cheating its a way to be better than your skill with one hand. And as long as people use two hands it will never be accepted as cheating,
Old 06-9-2004, 05:15 PM   #38
STUPIDREGISTER
FFR Player

Default lol... i'm ryanwann friend whos competition

I dont believe that two hands is cheating, or in any way easier... people who use 1 hand have to learn the game... people with two hands dont just hop on the keyboard and master the game... it tooke me a long time to get some of the scores i've gotten... granted there not like in the top 10 but i'm the top 140 on some difficults and very difficults... As ryanwann's friend its funny for me to play two handed and antagonize him when i beat his scores lol... i started out one handed then switched for something new to see what it was like and when i first switched i was worst than playing with one hand...
STUPIDREGISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 06:03 PM   #39
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Gah. ::bangs head against keyboard:: I just read this entire thing...and I don't know why. But uh...I play two handed...two fingers...sometimes indexes. And I don't feel like arguing, so I'm going to go now.
Old 06-9-2004, 07:17 PM   #40
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite

Ok to the guy that started this topic, I'm probably better than you are one handed. For the hell of it, I'm probably better than you at left-handed play as well. But I can also play with indexes, MIDDLES, and 4 fingers. It doesn't matter how you play, as long as you do play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicker
shades don't break unless you break them.
Spazzbite is offline   Reply With Quote