Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LIX (59): Back In Black

How long have i been asleep?!?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

awesome
Old 01-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Well fuck...
Old 01-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

If any of you guys want to talk on aim about the first night I'll be on at around 3pm est tomorrow. rip gun
Old 01-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Just a quick public service announcement:

In TWG there is no post editing/deleting. If you have an additional thought, make a double post. TWG is one of the only paces on the forum where double posting is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:44 AM   #6
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

Well that's really unfortunate.

Obvious observation; That was such a neutral kill it was almost painful.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
Well that's really unfortunate.

Obvious observation; That was such a neutral kill it was almost painful.
Gun has a pretty high post count and pointed out his previous experience in the sign-up thread. There's a chance this kill was done by someone who noticed that. Fact is, multiple people noticed this and you didn't.

Your opening point seems like an attempt to stifle discussion, so lemme fire up my pressure cooker and throw in some viccica

Even if it's the case, why point it out? It's day 1, we need to make mountains from molehills to get the ball moving, not resign ourselves at the first hang-up.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #8
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

nice wolf luck.

maybe it wasn't soooo neutral, wasn't gun really good back in the day
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
nice wolf luck.

maybe it wasn't soooo neutral, wasn't gun really good back in the day
I thought so too :/...oh well, might find some time to sneak onto AIM today. if not, tomorrow for sure.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
James May
FFR Player

viccia

why? I've been looking through past game histories (in FFR & FFya, since I lack AIM access atm) and it wouldn't seem like a neutral kill, and even if it was, it wouldn't be a coincidence that Gun was killed on the very first night. Personally, something just gives me this vibe that viccia is one of the wolves. Then again, its only the first day so let's see how this goes.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
Krauthammer
FFR Player

After having a really unsuccessful attempt at gathering information by asking the only contact on AIM that was online and hadn't the red point that I suppose means "busy", I had to rely on past games to get a grip of how good Gun is.

As I see it, pointing that it is a supposed neutral kill isn't enough right now. Maybe it was one of those frowned upon 'HEY LET'S KILL A GREAT PLAYER ON NIGHT 1'.

It is better to ask 'why would Gun be killed?'. For his experience? It seems like a legitimate possibility. He doesn't seem a bad player. To confuse everybody? Another legitimate strategy, and if it is the case, seems to be working on some.

Take a look around, and try to define which may be the most logical reason. From my point of view, I'm kind of leaning towards the first option.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #12
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

It's really hard to say whether that kill was random or whether someone had knowledge of Gun's past performance and acted upon it.

Based on Viccica's post, I can definitely see why vendetta and james are skeptical: "That's very unfortunate" sounds really fake or sarcastic to me, and calling the kill neutral is very short-sighted because of gun's game history.

Killing off an experienced player is a really good tactic and Viccica's setting herself up to be pinpointed.

I'm going to side with the crowd. Viccica
Old 01-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #13
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

No, the comment on it being unfortunate was genuine. We lost our seer night 1.

As far as my comment on it being a neutral kill is, if anyone played with gun before you'd know he's NOT a strong player, he often just played UTR. It resulted in him winning a lot but not out of his own worth as a player (no offense gun). It was an educated, but neutral night one kill. The only other conclusion we can draw from it is that Gun came out to someone as a seer night one. While gun isn't a great player, he's not terrible and wouldn't do that (I'd hope).

Of the people playing there are a blend of experienced players and less-experienced players. Gun is someone everyone has played with before (except jrodd?) but that never drew a lot of attention as a strong player. It wasn't an indicative kill, just an easy one.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 01-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
No, the comment on it being unfortunate was genuine. We lost our seer night 1.

As far as my comment on it being a neutral kill is, if anyone played with gun before you'd know he's NOT a strong player, he often just played UTR. It resulted in him winning a lot but not out of his own worth as a player (no offense gun). It was an educated, but neutral night one kill. The only other conclusion we can draw from it is that Gun came out to someone as a seer night one. While gun isn't a great player, he's not terrible and wouldn't do that (I'd hope).

Of the people playing there are a blend of experienced players and less-experienced players. Gun is someone everyone has played with before (except jrodd?) but that never drew a lot of attention as a strong player. It wasn't an indicative kill, just an easy one.
I guess when you put it like that it makes sense. Yeah its unfortunate that the seer was killed right off the bat (rip gun). I'll probably have to go a bit more in depth tomorrow to really put a firm vote, but my vote stays the same for now (not for bandwagon, but simply looking at past games to rely on since I lack AIM access until tomorrow...).

Old 01-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

I wouldn't think that'd he'd come out as seer right away, but I can see where you're coming from.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #16
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

My opening gambit wasn't very good. Good rule of thumb is to not bandwagon and not let someone else set the tempo -- you can't trust their intentions.

I voted Viccica to apply pressure and get a response out of her. I didn't expect a quick bandwagon. Don't do that -- my point wasn't good enough to merit three votes at the get go. Had one more vote gotten onto viccica and none of the wolves were yet on the wagon, wolves were then in reach of insta-lynching. Sure that's highly unlikely but just a reminder not to get too complacent with adding another vote to the count.

We want to apply pressure and keep discussion moving, not all pile in on the same thing. Vote randomly, find anything wrong with anything that anyone else says -- just get the juices flowing. You should be trying to find the flaws in everyone's logic.

Netjet! I would really like to know why you reiterated what I said, went as far as to call viccica's opening statement about it being unfortunate "sarcastic", and then immediately reel back at her first post. It felt like you were willing to make a statement simply because you were saying it under the umbrella of a veteran, like having my opinion out there first was somehow shielding or protecting you from scrutiny.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
Netjet! I would really like to know why you reiterated what I said, went as far as to call viccica's opening statement about it being unfortunate "sarcastic", and then immediately reel back at her first post. It felt like you were willing to make a statement simply because you were saying it under the umbrella of a veteran, like having my opinion out there first was somehow shielding or protecting you from scrutiny.
I admit that I wasn't looking enough into the details and didn't make a good move. From what I read in the few posts here so far it seemed to me that viccica's post was really nonchalant, which made me suspicious. Your post made sense and I could definitely see where you were coming from with it, and I made the bad choice to follow your notion without looking into it more.

Because there was some explanation on viccica's part afterwards I reeled back; now that I had more information I was more reluctant to cast her out completely. And no, I didn't follow you because your "veteran" status/rep, I didn't think about that at all until you mentioned it.

The whole vibe of this is really hectic and that's probably why a bandwagon started so early.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

I was gonna post that as well, that was such a fast bandwagon.

Not sure if it was just a first TWG excitement adrenaline vote haha, same with James, but I want to hear that response too.

i don't even know if little_bear knows a twg is going on, he is new to ffr and hasn't been on in 3 days. I would love to hear some thoughts from lumpho and yoman as I saw you both viewing the thread. Emerald, I haven't seen.

PS Fiction where are you to lead us!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
PS Fiction where are you to lead us!!!!!!!!!
The only place fiction would lead anyone is down an escher staircase that leads to a mobius strip. But yeah where the hell is that guy?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

oh and I'll be on AIM for the next couple hours, feel free to talk. however my internet keeps randomly going out because this laptop is retarded
Closed Thread