Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-7-2005, 02:36 AM   #21
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

I knew it was LD, both me and Tass had that feeling but there was no real real SOLID evidence to vote for you guys.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 06-7-2005, 02:42 AM   #22
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypie743
I knew it was LD, both me and Tass had that feeling but there was no real real SOLID evidence to vote for you guys.
Thats where you guys messed up.

Tass was trying to get the guardian on his side as soon as he was "confirmed", then all the sudden you guys have the EXACT same mindset, at the exam same time (back to back posts)

Gave away your guardianism :'(
Old 06-7-2005, 02:48 AM   #23
flypie743
FFR Player

Quote:
Tass was trying to get the guardian on his side as soon as he was "confirmed", then all the sudden you guys have the EXACT same mindset, at the exam same time (back to back posts)
Well, I figured I would post SOMETHING because posting nothing was getting us nowhere

Old 06-7-2005, 02:52 AM   #24
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

but it got us everywhere
Old 06-7-2005, 05:25 AM   #25
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Meh... if I had been alive there would have been alot more activity. But props to tps for picking me out of the crowd day one. I guess my mistake was trying to start a chat (omg so wolfish! ....).

Anyway, the raffle idea sounds retarded, in my opinion. I got bored following this game (because no one posted in it) and started to read through jTWG... jesus. Some of them are ok (like danceguy, for example) but others are just like "whoa... he just voted, that's kind of suspicious. I think I'll vote for him. OMG something else happened! I'm voting for someone else now!"

As far as this game went, I thought we were dead once LD fell for the AP trap thing... I figured he was either telling the truth or trying to draw out the wolves by telling the truth, so I didn't vote for him. But it didn't occur to me to warn my fellow wolves not to either . Also I was gone for the entire end of that day. (Being gone also dicked me over day two... there's no way the knife in box would have happened if I had been around.)

For figuring out Tps... that was easy, but based on faulty assumptions at the time. For one, I thought ap had been seered night two, so that he was a confirmed human. Therefore it would be clear that the seer would vote to save him and kill me. As it is, because I was seered night two and ap was 90% human, the seer would STILL vote to save him and kill me, so most of my reasoning still made sense.

AP wasn't the seer because his trick entirely depended on him being green, a blue would never risk that. Nforcer, stretchy, and mead couldn't be the seer because they voted ap. flypie couldn't be the seer because she voted ld instead of trying to kill me and save ap. Obviously ld and blah weren't the seer. I ruled out snapps because... well I just ruled him out. That left kilga, tass, and tps. Kilga I thought was being too inactive, which means it was either tass or tps. Tass we couldn't risk attacking, so tps was the logical choice.

Btw tass, the reason you stayed alive so long was much less your new playing style and much more the fact that we couldn't risk attacking you, either by day or night.

And flypie, you made yourself really obvious that last day. Even I saw it immediately, and I was just watching at that point.

Anyway ld and blah, good job boys.
Old 06-7-2005, 06:33 AM   #26
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Sup guys. Didn't play in this TWG, of course, but somethin' I'd like to say. After this absolutely horrendous jTWG (it kinda died during day 2 or 3 or something), whether jTWG is abolished or not.. I have a feeling quite a few jTWG players will want to move up to TWG. I know I want to, Jake (hydrojakep) wants to, and then.. I think a couple others said they did, too. And this was even before the Mindfields mishap or anything.

Oh, and to comment on this TWG. All of the criticism from Chardish sounds awfully familiar, because that's what's been happening in jTWG since jTWG IV, only not nearly as bad XD Kind of a boring scenario since that's what I'm used to, after playing in 5 jTWGs (shudder. No, I'm serious.). Nice job to Talisman for picking out TPS, because honestly, that's what screwed the humans over. Not just because it's the seer, but had there been another special role alive, maybe the humans would've been more active. And good job to ld and blah, of course.

About the win-loss system, hate to repeat everyone else, but I think that's needed changing for a long time. I think that alone could make the next game all that much better.
Old 06-7-2005, 07:07 AM   #27
talisman
Resident Penguin

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Also... let's not forget that the reason this game was so inactive was due to who got taken out of it early...

blah, ld and I are all pretty decently active players (maybe blah not so much as of late), and we're of course going to target strong active players for our kills (hans and eb). The only really active people left who contributed stuff then were tass and ap, and ap got lynched and tass was trying to be quiet.

If the wolves had been, for example, flypie, mead, and snapps... there's no way they could have gotten rid of all the active people very early and the game would have, on a whole, been a lot more active.

in conclusion... before we start saying that this is the end of twg as we know it etc etc, consider that a lot of this game's inactivity was due to conspiring circumstances.
Old 06-7-2005, 08:15 AM   #28
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah18
Also, the reason that the game is getting boring again is because its been the exact same crap every time for a while now. go to the princeton mafia site and add some roles. I just don't want to host because i'd rather play., but there are a ton of great variations to expound upon. (Next person should do kingmaker and one of the other roles) Hell, I'd absolutely love to come up with a set of roles and rules for a game if someone else is willing to do the hosting.

But all the game really needs is a little spicing up, so start looking in the right direction and stop being misguided.
You missed chardish's point entirely.

That aside, I want to host Game 17, and it will not only see 8 of 16 people have non-green roles, but everyone will be given information mid-game. Hopefully this will cause the interest level to skyrocket.

(And I would rather it be the one final game before we immerse the jTWG folks into the regular game, if that's what we end up doing.)
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 06-7-2005, 08:16 AM   #29
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Tass, do you still have our aim conversations? I knew I was going to die after I realized the lack of substance in my votes. I wish I could have changed it, but I couldn't. My gut served me well this game. Wanting to seer LD night 3 was my first choice, but me and Tass decided on Stretchy, which was fine, played her last wolf game great. I agree on the phantom rule, and feel that we need a smaller player limit, 12 or 14. Rebalance it and everything, too many innactive and people just not caring, and the stretch for people to signup lately. I couldn't help my phantom on day 1, but I was active the whole game, and I really don't want to take a break.
Old 06-7-2005, 08:37 AM   #30
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

A GFG to LD, I never even thought of him being a wolf. Blah, however, crossed my mind more than a few times.

And yeah, I feel really bad about how the game turned out. Big pile 'o poo.
Old 06-7-2005, 09:05 AM   #31
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Exactly Talisman... you said things very well. To LD: By the time you figured out Flypie (which, yes... was SO obvious from her post, just like TPS), it didn't matter.

Also, I suspected that is why I didn't die. In the past... you thought the guardian was dead. This game, you had no idea. And yes, I was guarded every single night (I believe).

The wolves played well. Nobody is putting that fact down. The rest of us sucked.

*sigh* I am kicking myself for not following through with my logic, especially on Blah, who I had pegged solid.
Old 06-7-2005, 09:21 AM   #32
flypie743
FFR Player

Quote:
By the time you figured out Flypie (which, yes... was SO obvious from her post, just like TPS), it didn't matter.
Exactly. I knew I was being obvious, but I dunno..it's like the game wasn't getting anywhere so I figured what the hell and posted. I had a strong feeling 2 wolves were left, and it was pretty much over from there.

Old 06-7-2005, 10:27 AM   #33
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

You guys are a bunch of jerks. I knew that I had a high risk of dying on night 1, but apparently nobody else did. As for the TWG apocalypse....later. Too tired.
Old 06-7-2005, 01:33 PM   #34
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

That sucks. If I wasn't banned, I probably would have brought some kind of interesting stupidity to the game. If you guys picked me as a host, you all would have had fun playing my Lotr style game. Now you guys ruined your chances on me being an awesome host because all my files are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 06-7-2005, 03:02 PM   #35
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Or if we played my totally unbalanced towards the humans type game............

I really don't want to see TWG go, but it seems as less and less people are caring about it at all, I agree with Blah, we need some mroe variations, people are getting sick of being green game after game. You pretty much are outside the loop if so. We need a big turnaround to revive this. Sorry if I am sounding pessimistic, but look at this game, most people either didn't care, self voted, 2 posts a day, phantomed, acting dumb, or giving self away in post(me).

Sucks that credit is getting taken away from LD and Blah though, good job.
Old 06-7-2005, 03:47 PM   #36
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

There's always going to be greens. People just have to deal with it. aperson was a green and that didn't stop him from trying.

The point of this game was for the greens to use intuition and logic to deduce who the wolves were, not rely on blues. And look at what it showed. You guys caught one wolf, and only because he got seered. Sad state of affairs when so many people stop thinking for themselves and start relying on information from others.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 06-7-2005, 05:08 PM   #37
Tps222
FFR Player

How about we play manhunt next?

That way we can develop logic and voting patterns.
Old 06-7-2005, 05:14 PM   #38
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

This is a pretty new occurrence, though. I mean, aside from the obvious fact that there was much less activity. Usually the humans figure the wolves out through their own powers of deduction -- even in games where one wolf (or more) has died but the wolves win anyway -- the first wolf to die (Afro in my game, Jursey in Hans' game, any others?) was pegged through logic.

I'm always very proud of wolves who win even after some of their team falls -- the urge to panic multiplies every time someone mentions your name (or maybe that's just me).

Blah, I should have had you after you apologized for voting for me. Way to catch me off guard. Well played. ; )
Old 06-7-2005, 05:24 PM   #39
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

I just want to ask something...

Can I get guarded next time?
Old 06-7-2005, 05:43 PM   #40
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

being a green has nothing to do with not being active in a game. I'm usually a green, and I used to be the forerunner in attacking and searching ad exposing. I just didn't have to do that this game considerin I WAS the wolf. But I mean, all you pansies have to stop looking for exscuses as to why you odn't do jack shit

Closed Thread