Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #21
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz
Default Re: I'm low on Highschool Credits.. help?

stop whining and study.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #22
g4z33b0
Banned

Send a message via AIM to g4z33b0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyleef View Post
WTF. I'm a sophomore. and I talked to me parents. I just messed up in the 9th grade.
then you obviously don't know your graduation requirements. most likely you need 4 years of english and math, 3 years of history and science and one year of health. get your account deleted and focus on school.
g4z33b0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #23
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Oh wow. My school only requires 24 credits, and I already have those. 50 creds seems too much... If you are graduating this year, lol, you are in deep shiitzu. Try getting off FFR and do well in your classes, summer school, and perhaps another year of high school.

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #24
SheSheChan
FFR Player

What grade are you in and about how many credits should you get per year?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #25
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

12.5 per year would be a set pace. So if he's in his junior year, he needs 15 per year for the next 2 years. Which, if he has 7 classes a day like I did, he'll need 1 year of summer school also.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #26
madmatt621
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to madmatt621 Send a message via AIM to madmatt621 Send a message via MSN to madmatt621 Send a message via Yahoo to madmatt621 Send a message via Skype™ to madmatt621

Find a alternative high school that offers no homework. That's what I did after falling behind so much at my regular high school. I amazingly graduated on time (C/O '06 WOOT!!) and now I'm a college sophomore working at a part time job getting paid $7.00/hour
madmatt621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #27
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I love how people are making all sorts of "OMG 50 credits" comments without seeming to get that schools operate on different systems. In my school you got one credit per course, so you got 8 credits per year of full time school. If his school operates on (what I assume is) 3 credits per course, his numbers and mine are obviously not going to match up.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #28
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to SuperSonicX

Quote:
WTF. I'm a sophomore. and I talked to me parents. I just messed up in the 9th grade.
Well you could of mentioned that earlier, so what 010ner, Just either go to summer school or if your school offers credit recovery, take that I mean its not like your life is over.....yet.
SuperSonicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #29
Wow GG
FFR Player

I would suggest taking night school(providing you don't have a job or your school even provides it) or like in my school we have extended day classes, that's like an extra period to make up credits. Also at my school we have this thing called Nova Net, I'm not entirely sure what it is, but its during school hours and its at your own pace, so if you can get all your work done in a week then congratulations on your new credits. Right now I'm retaking English 1 the first half of it because I screwed around on my Freshman year, and now I need it to graduate this year.

To sum it up, just do night school, nova net, extended day classes, or better yet go ask your guidance counselor.
Wow GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:12 PM   #30
irishknight
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Attend school regularly, study, join up with night school, attend school during the weekends, attend school during the winter and spring breaks and on any holiday or abbreviated day, study, and lastly, attend summer school.
(still assuming that you will still have classes on the weekends)

In doing this, you will basically be in school 24/7 (excluding Christmas). Good job.

Oh yeah, don't forget to study..

Last edited by irishknight; 10-12-2007 at 02:16 PM..
irishknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #31
swordmasterz
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to swordmasterz

50 Credits? Are you kidding me... xD

It's like 28 here, lol. Then again, its like 1 credit a course, so..

My question is, why ask FFR people? There might be a bunch of people that are pretty intelligent on the website, but I doubt any of them understand the circumstances your in.

But if you must know, just follow other peoples' advice and make up credits/attend school more. Most importantly, put a halt to playing FFR for a while. =P
Old 10-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #32
boondocks77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

no offense or anythin but ur an idiot. u fail to pass a grade, go to summer school. if u fail to do that, then dont whine on an arrow game site becuz no one cares or wants to hear it. stay bak in high school to make up for them
Old 10-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #33
-Moo-
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to -Moo- Send a message via MSN to -Moo-

23 Credits at my school, and thats for the highest diploma.

Your school is crazy if its really 50 credits.

touch my pokeballz
-Moo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #34
madmatt621
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to madmatt621 Send a message via AIM to madmatt621 Send a message via MSN to madmatt621 Send a message via Yahoo to madmatt621 Send a message via Skype™ to madmatt621

In my school district, there is 22, 24, and 26. I did the 22 credit plan...figures..

EDIT: Do seven classes during the school year (fall and spring) and do three or four classes during the summer.
madmatt621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #35
RB_Universe
FFR Player

Lets see, mine needs 44 with me getting .5 credits a class. But back to you, stop playing FFR. Seriously, get your education together cause don't expect to get any job easily or one at all if you keep ****ing up.
RB_Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #36
fastfingers65
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to fastfingers65 Send a message via MSN to fastfingers65

FFR believes you can get enough credits.

Last edited by fastfingers65; 10-12-2007 at 07:04 PM..
fastfingers65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #37
sarahxjane
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I only need 30 total.

And I have 15.

I was susposed to graduate high school last year.

>.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
*knock knock*
*opens door*
Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
Um, ok. May I help you?
Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

as of December 11th 2009.
Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos
sarahxjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #38
boondocks77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

In Ontario, a province in Canada, high schoolers need 30 creds by grade 12. Each subject counts for 1 and they all add up, as long as you don't fail, or aren't dumb.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #39
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
Serious advice: Your whole entire life pretty much rides on your sophomore year, then. Don't **** it up.

Keep a record of all your scores for tests and quizzes and how much homework you do (hint: do all of it) and how your teachers grade their classes. Trust me, it'll help SO much. I know the grades for all of my classes and with a little bit of algebra, I know what I'm shooting for. It's such a useful tool. I've prioritized certain classes above others based on my current study habits and effort to maximize my grade output.*

Screw night school or summer school or that **** people are talking about. Just study. Go to the park and whip out a textbook or your homework and just study. I'd only recommend summer school if you actually wanted to skip ahead or catch up on failed classes and if your school is cool with that. Personally I'm going to hopefully take a summer course and skip chemistry--quite a few kids at my school have skipped honors bio or honors chem and are taking AP Chemistry in their sophomore year. One of the juniors said, "the class is pretty much just sophomores." It seems like skipping ahead isn't one of your priorities from how you put it. Just remember that beating the constraints of the system provided you can handle the work is integral to being successful. I'd rather get rejected trying to skip a prerequisite than wonder if I could have. It worked for one out of two classes, personally, and it didn't work for the other because I just didn't follow up on it. Probably a good thing, too. Algebra II... meh, just not something worth skipping compared to geometry or prealgebra, even though it's still not that intensive personally.

Also, ignore the people saying, "stop FFR." And I'm not saying that because I'm promoting the site. Start studying and working in school--you don't need to drop everything else out of your schedule to do that, just make school a higher priority. People have lives and get A's on everything, and a few of them aren't smart in the slightest.

But don't take it from me. Go to your guidance counselor. Talk to him/her. That's by far the best advice I could give you.

Not serious advice: Drop out.

*How it's working for me: English is so far a piece of cake minus a grammar test I just bombed (I forgot the name of what I now know to be coordinating conjunctions) (sorry Guido ;_;) and I don't need to study for that at all. Spanish and music theory are also easy. History, on the other hand, is tough as nails, and I'm just pulling a B (83) because my teacher is strict on homework grading, so I'm going to put more effort into the homework. It's halfway through the marking period. Well I did the math, and if I average 9/10 on the rest of the homeworks and maintain my high test average, that'll average out with my current 7.2 average on homeworks and I can get a B+. I know that because I'm keeping track on a folded up piece of paper in my book bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I love how people are making all sorts of "OMG 50 credits" comments without seeming to get that schools operate on different systems. In my school you got one credit per course, so you got 8 credits per year of full time school. If his school operates on (what I assume is) 3 credits per course, his numbers and mine are obviously not going to match up.
Of course. For my school, we need 120 credits... but most classes are 5 credits.

Last edited by lord_carbo; 10-12-2007 at 08:03 PM..
lord_carbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #40
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

I need 26 or 28 for Advanced Diploma I think.. which is what I'm aiming for. :P