Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #361
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom
Default Re: The Kongregate Brag Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
banditcom: nice work on gemcraft, PtV, and protector... those are all VERY long games. sonny is kinda long too.

i'd recommend watching some youtube starsliding vids for the DO2 badge (i still can't do it even with that)... and for the bubbles one... as commander said, it's ALL luck. just keep playing it and you'll eventually get it. took me ~20 tries, IIRC.
Alright I'll check youtube.

And yeah, they were long.... x.x;
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #362
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

saw that coming rushy...
Old 07-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #363
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Rushy, there have been faster

If that is a rickroll, tass can ban me. (if tass/anymod/anyadmin/synth edits my post then you can't =)

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #364
thechild
FFR Player

Easy way to get all the badges in less then 2 minutes on Sonny:

1.Die on the first battle.
2.You got all the badges!

Try it if you don't believe me.

PS: AshleyRolld jugglinguy

Last edited by thechild; 07-17-2008 at 08:04 PM..
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #365
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Yes, but cheating is bad. There is also ways to boost your stats and all. But I just find it stupid. Why would you cheat on Kong? It is not like having more badges unlocks you something. If I wanted to, I could probably get 50 other badges by hacking, but what gives?
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #366
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I am trying to upload my 3:59 Hat Factory video on youtube, but it is taking forever.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUe3H78HKjU

There it is.

Last edited by Commandersa1; 07-17-2008 at 10:04 PM..
Commandersa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #367
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

wow... that was still a really sloppy run. but i'm trying to figure out how when you do that, you get 3:59. and when i have a cleaner run, i get 4:59.

what stats do you use?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #368
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
wow... that was still a really sloppy run. but i'm trying to figure out how when you do that, you get 3:59. and when i have a cleaner run, i get 4:59.

what stats do you use?
It's like 75, 46, 46. Something to that effect. We can race, and then you can see where you mess up.

Some parts were really sloppy because I did not consider what I could do with the teleport. At first I was going to use it on the purple blocks part, but I thought that would be dumb because you are not facing the right way. There were others, but that was one that really bugged me. Oh, and the water part sucked. xD
Old 07-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #369
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I was able to make it to Union City in Last Stand 2 through Jonestown. It was rough with no traps and no survivors helping.

Grenades + chainsaw ftw.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #370
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Commander: that isn't far off from my stats... and yea, the run is pretty crappy. the water section, the purple block section, part of the jumping up section near the beginning, a minor mistake near the end...

but, where you used the teleport is the same spot that i use it, only i use it before jumping (whereas you jumped twice then used it).
Old 07-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #371
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
I was able to make it to Union City in Last Stand 2 through Jonestown. It was rough with no traps and no survivors helping.

Grenades + chainsaw ftw.
Grenades almost effed up my trip to Union City. That one time I used grenades, all four of my survivors got killed, and my barricade got obliterated. I had to spend two days regrouping and finding survivors before I could get my way to Union City. My favorite weapon was the AK-47, and I had a survivor using the M4A1. My suggested combo = AK-47/Chainsaw (for close quarter zombie obliteration).

PS: The survivor was an elderly woman. This shows that elderly women, given guns, would kick your ass. O_o

PSS: I also got the card.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #372
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Commander: that isn't far off from my stats... and yea, the run is pretty crappy. the water section, the purple block section, part of the jumping up section near the beginning, a minor mistake near the end...

but, where you used the teleport is the same spot that i use it, only i use it before jumping (whereas you jumped twice then used it).
I guess I am just better at this game than you. xD
Old 07-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #373
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Actually, commander.... since I can't see the timer in your vid.... I tested it out. I literally did the exact same as you (only I did it better). Using the exact same stats. Same route, less mistakes... yet over 1 minute slower.

And I figured it out. Your computer is running the game faster than mine is. I tried playing it on Whorli's Vista... and I did the same thing... only it was 30 seconds slower than mine in her FF. And it was unplayable in IE (It took a full minute just to get to the water at the bottom of the mine shaft).
Old 07-18-2008, 11:33 PM   #374
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Actually, commander.... since I can't see the timer in your vid.... I tested it out. I literally did the exact same as you (only I did it better). Using the exact same stats. Same route, less mistakes... yet over 1 minute slower.

And I figured it out. Your computer is running the game faster than mine is. I tried playing it on Whorli's Vista... and I did the same thing... only it was 30 seconds slower than mine in her FF. And it was unplayable in IE (It took a full minute just to get to the water at the bottom of the mine shaft).
Wait, so should I make a video where you can see the timer? Because I do not know what you are talking about.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #375
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I'm talking about I did EXACTLY what you did.... and it takes me longer. I watch your vid, and your guy goes faster than mine. Despite 72 speed. And I did what you did with less mistakes.

Then I tested the game on another computer, and it was even slower than mine. That tells me that the game runs and is timed on real speed vs framerate. Which means you're running the game faster than I am, allowing you to beat it under 4 minutes, and I can barely beat it under 5.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #376
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm talking about I did EXACTLY what you did.... and it takes me longer. I watch your vid, and your guy goes faster than mine. Despite 72 speed. And I did what you did with less mistakes.

Then I tested the game on another computer, and it was even slower than mine. That tells me that the game runs and is timed on real speed vs framerate. Which means you're running the game faster than I am, allowing you to beat it under 4 minutes, and I can barely beat it under 5.
I watched your video, and I can see a minute of mistakes in it. We played against eachother, and you were right behind me from the beginning. The part where you have to stay on the up arrow blocks, you lose a lot of time, but I have practiced that part a lot. Also, your jetpack use was horrible in your video. The teleport could have been used later because the purple blocks do not really slow you down. It takes longer to jump up the staircase then to keep getting stopped by the purple blocks. In the beginning, you should drop once you pass the gray part, but you glide for a second. That's the only reason why I was ahead by a few seconds.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:46 AM   #377
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

meh. i know i ****ed up the jet pack use... i'd never gotten jetpack before. and, that was the 1st time i had used the teleport where i did... *shrugs*.

just still doesn't seem like a minute of mistakes. and, i had a REALLY bad up-arrow section when we were racing, and then my IE crashed.

*sigh*. oh well.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:50 AM   #378
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Tass, you should hold another flash game tourney.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:29 AM   #379
Ponygonpwns
FFR Player

Something wierd happened after I got the new card in The Last Stand 2. The screen turned black, so I couldn't play. Now I gotta redo it for the Union City badge. :/
Old 07-19-2008, 04:36 AM   #380
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
My suggested combo = AK-47/Chainsaw (for close quarter zombie obliteration).
I personally enjoyed the Uzi/Hunting Rifle combo. Hunting Rifle reloads fairly fast, and I used the Uzi whenever I saw a rusher. Worked pretty well. Only had one close call. Then, I realized you can shoot the army guys in the legs. Much easier than aiming for the crack in their helmet.

Could have probably went through it without the Hunting Rifle. The Uzi's 50 bullets come in handy.
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote