Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #361
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

i wanna see velious make more stuff

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #362
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

also why do I get the feeling that this pack is gonna have a fuckton of awesome marathon charts

Old 03-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #363
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

inb4 GlovE squashes all marathon charts.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #364
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

I don't have anything to step

(I think)

(idk)
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #365
dascookieman
FFR Player

SUP MALICE. oh i so wish yesssss would show up too . PATASHU VIEWING THE THREAD. also kil submitted a file. if your file is not on the submitted files list, please let me know!!

2 marathons left that i havn't played -_- fml, marathons!!!

orbital

measure 56 the jack can't have that leftdown jump in the middle of it, it's a lot harder than anything else in the file. i don't wanna change it for you since you might wanna change up the previous pattern as well then, change it and it's accepted

eos
added a few missing notes in the beginning (see screenshots), is this ok? accepted anyhow

cirnorhtl

made changes and sent back a file, my changes are in heavy.

measure 9 added a missing freeze (same sound as you already have a freeze to)
measure 10-15 the 16ths are going to the lead synth right? changed it to the way i hear it. measure 13 might be stupid though lol
measure 18-23 kept changing lots of stuff, mostly lead 16ths. the pattern in measure 23 became stupid
measure 29 changes the freezes but keep it the way it was if you want
measure 55 changes to the cool sound
measure 63 removed one 8th
measure 64 i think there might be 24ths
measure 85 missing 16th
measure 96 the freeze changes pitch
measure 98 the freeze changes pitch here too

it might have made some of the patterns really stupid and measure 13 and measure 23 became stupid though. make changes in any way you'd like and resubmit

apocynthian drive

21-35 changed it to how i hear it LOL check it out lmao (heavy). accepted anyhow

cyberstorm
LMFAO wow. good music much? accepted if you cut out a lot of the song that is just 8ths and 4th in the file early. fun file i can't believe i'm accepting a file to that song lol but it's actually really fun and even though there are lots of speedcore files this is actually kinda unique. it's cool with all the bpm changes and it actually seemed very accurately stepped

measure 1-9 the guitar plays a palm muted note after the 8th where you don't have an arrow reoccuringly, it should be a 16th on he left side imo.
too much to do now to look at it in detail more but it seemed it's accurate for most part

headphone valor

rejected for now but could possibly have a chance after a major revision. the beginning vocals seemed off and seemed to have missing notes. the part when the guitar comes and there's 8ths just didn't feel very good, the guitar was playing almost constant 8ths i think? you should just add the bassdrum+snare drum on top of that. the next verse or whatever it was, was cooler but it relied to much on minifreezes to make it challenging and i generally think putting that much minifreezes to a sound is a bad idea (you do this throughout the file obviously)
, it should be obvious what sound is being followed anyway because of it playing so often. the synth that the minifreezes does go to is often left out in parts as well while it is the sound that i feel always would make the file most interesting and fun. the solo part in the middle was really cool and it kind of what gives the file a chance. but the ending could be made a lot better i think, with the synth stepped more (the one you have minifreezes to), and a lot of the beginning could actually be cut out and make it a more fun file. (didn't look at it in the editor sry i have a lot to do)

kony-yata-mina-JAPANINIWEIRDWORDS
pretty cool file but i think too many sounds are represented by different minifreezes, i understand they all have different duration and you can tell the difference when playing, but it's taken to an extreme and i don't really like it. the end is pretty cool, the beginning is mediocre, the minijacks-part is nice, and the trillstream kinda sucked.

measure 25 don't like the jack
measure 30&32 missing minifreeze but the whole minifreezing of the file should be remade a bit imo
measure 34-40 it's not easy to follow what the jumps are going to and this part just isn't that much fun to play. i think you should step the rambling vocals, the add the stream on top of that with or without the basskicks it'll be hilarious lol (the stream should be all over and not trills in that case)
the next part is cool but i have too much to do to check it for errors now but it seems pretty awesome
measure 52 one more minijack (before they start)
measure 59-68 this part is messy imo. if it's supposed to be all the percussion stepped there are missing notes and probably a few ones that aren't there

Opening underwater pokemon show

it completly lacks any kind of flow and it's really hard to follow. don't have time for it in the editor as it would take me forever. some parts are cool, some are a lot more challenging than other, unforunately most of it is challening in a not so fun way with so much different types of color notes all the time that aren't even fast, it gets a bit tedious to play towards the end to be honest. nice try but this one needs some major revision to have a chance, but i wouldn't completly rule it out

paradise lost

it's really fucen cool good job dude and it was really easy to follow and tell that it was accurate. but the ending!!! wasn't there an electric piano/synth or smth like that coming in playing on all 8ths giving you a perfect opportunity for an ending climax buildup before the last drums? please look at adding this and resubmit and i will check it in the editor.

snes princess guitars

some parts rox but i can't follow what's going on most of the jumps are randomobob, will be accepted after revision. because of who submitted the file the notes are in kil-language

measure 1-6 wat u doin so many missed jumpnotes
measure 7-18 pretty much all the jumps are wrong Wat The Fack. just put jumps to the snare drum or the strings-melody?
measure 20 missing snare snare drum and two jumps on the wrong arrows go read the manual or something
measure 21-28 u copy-pasting ur shit when new cool instruments come in NOT OK. remake. jurs wouldv'e done this better
measure 28-34 thanks to the advent of computers and the internet i can leave you this message: obv awesome
measure 34-36 why are the jumps so random you're killing me. if you want lots of jumps just step the guitar+the bass drum
measure 40-41 just step the melody, put jumps with jacks on 1 arrow to the snare drum omg and also add the bass notes!!!
measure 42-end is so awesome at parts but the jumps need to be looked at like with the rest of the file, won't keep going with da BrEaKdOWN oF sTEpManiA SiMfilEs
measure 43 missing vocals

laveran no shokutaku

i guess ill just accept this file as it cuz it's so fucking cool

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-20-2013 at 04:52 PM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #366
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
I don't have anything to step

(I think)

(idk)

step an atomhead song for me so I don't have to step two of them
Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #367
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
pretty cool file but i think too many sounds are represented by different minifreezes, i understand they all have different duration and you can tell the difference when playing, but it's taken to an extreme and i don't really like it.
aside from the beginning section the minifreezes only really follow one track at any given time

Quote:
measure 25 and don't like the jack
measure 52 one more minijack (before they start)
fixed
Quote:
measure 30&32 missing minifreeze but the whole minifreezing of the file should be remade a bit imo
the layering scheme is consistent. whether or not it should be remade is another matter
Quote:
measure 34-40 it's not easy to follow what the jumps are going to and this part just isn't that much fun to play. i think you should step the rambling vocals, the add the stream on top of that with or without the basskicks it'll be hilarious lol (the stream should be all over and not trills in that case)
too much work I'm lazy also doing this would completely ruin the really cool buildup that I currently have. at best I'll rework patterns
Quote:
measure 59-68 this part is messy imo. if it's supposed to be all the percussion stepped there are missing notes and probably a few ones that aren't there
uhhhhh i guess it's messy i dunno i cant remember my layering scheme anymore but i dont think it was focused on percussion. again too lazy

Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #368
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
eos
added a few missing notes in the beginning (see screenshots), is this ok? accepted anyhow
yea it's fine i didn't hear those

also, i realize these should probably be miniholds too (starting at beat 153)

if not, it's fine to keep them as is
regardless, can you e-mail me or somehow send me your edit? thanks.
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #369
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

GLoVE asked me to judge a file to help him out

Judged in sm5 so i'll be using beat stamps instead of measures

Time Out (wc)
-right off the bat, percussions are missing within the first few notes.
-beat 18 the piano notes are actually 3 note flams
-beat 31 you've been following percussions all along so far yet here there's a hole
-beat 50 the piano is a 2 note flam
-changes between background piano and percussion are too frequent. at times it's really hard to figure out what's being followed and accented
-beat 66.5 I can't help but feel this little guitar sequence here could be followed
-beat 154 it's a 2 note piano flam instead of 3, and the next 8th note sounds like there's something else going on as well
-beat 156 there are more notes than just a 4th
-beat 178 this section here feels really empty. it'd work better if more percussion was followed to fill the gaps
-beat 181 the lower piano notes are missing
-beat 191 piano is flam notes rather than straight 4th, same with beat 201.5, 211, etc. Look over some of the piano notes
-beat 226 there are several sections like these throughout the file that feel ignored that could really bring out the transitions. The cymbal crashes are ignored most of the file
-beat 327 percussion flam here would give a nice touch.
-I'd add holds to the very last hand to go with the guitar's sustained notes

The piano accentuations are already great, and the file is super fun. Just needs consistency regarding percussion

Last edited by kommisar; 03-20-2013 at 04:57 PM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #370
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
aside from the beginning section the minifreezes only really follow one track at any given time

fixed

the layering scheme is consistent. whether or not it should be remade is another matter

too much work I'm lazy also doing this would completely ruin the really cool buildup that I currently have. at best I'll rework patterns

uhhhhh i guess it's messy i dunno i cant remember my layering scheme anymore but i dont think it was focused on percussion. again too lazy
get unlazy im in sm 24/7 because of this pack. you are in no hurry. i won't accept the file without at least a harder difficulty with a remake of the trill-part. it really will be awesome with the vocals+stream. the minifreezes i pointed out that are missing you should at least look at in the editor instead of just telling me it is consistent :P, pretty sure you missed a couple there
Old 03-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #371
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Good god are new age stepfiles crowded with mini-freezes? I think one of the reasons why I quit Stepmania is because files were becoming too technical and less fun.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #372
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
I think one of the reasons why I quit Stepmania is because files were becoming too technical and less fun.
^^
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #373
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

does anyone have a download link for ddream studio? thanks
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #374
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Good god are new age stepfiles crowded with mini-freezes? I think one of the reasons why I quit Stepmania is because files were becoming too technical and less fun.
smg2 in a nutshell
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #375
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
get unlazy im in sm 24/7 because of this pack. you are in no hurry. i won't accept the file without at least a harder difficulty with a remake of the trill-part. it really will be awesome with the vocals+stream. the minifreezes i pointed out that are missing you should at least look at in the editor instead of just telling me it is consistent :P, pretty sure you missed a couple there
it's a "no motivation to fix the chart" lazy not a "i dont have time" lazy sooooo i dunno might not get around to it

as for the minifreezes I did take a look in the editor (I literally do everything in the editor). the minifreezes only go to yukata's moans and the last two notes or something of minami's line to highlight the panning. I can take out the panning minifreezes but I'm probably keeping the moans

Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #376
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
no most new age files are either reasonably done or they're actually quite fancy (which results in sloppier charts but hence also feels less technical, pick your poison LOL)

Old 03-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #377
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
smg2 in a nutshell

Yeah, judging for that pack was really annoying iirc. Stepmania evolution forced me to quit index.
I'll try and ensure my files have both an index and spread chart if it can be helped.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #378
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
it's a "no motivation to fix the chart" lazy not a "i dont have time" lazy sooooo i dunno might not get around to it
cmon dude it's half an hour of work.
Quote:
as for the minifreezes I did take a look in the editor (I literally do everything in the editor). the minifreezes only go to yukata's moans and the last two notes or something of minami's line to highlight the panning. I can take out the panning minifreezes but I'm probably keeping the moans
ok you are right
Old 03-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #379
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
cyberstorm
LMFAO wow. good music much? accepted if you cut out a lot of the song that is just 8ths and 4th in the file early. fun file i can't believe i'm accepting a file to that song lol but it's actually really fun and even though there are lots of speedcore files this is actually kinda unique. it's cool with all the bpm changes and it actually seemed very accurately stepped
Alright, I cut out the first minute and 45 seconds since that was pretty much just 4th jumps anyway. Kinda boring...would have been rejected, I bet, if the entire file was like that. Glad you liked the rest of it, and will submit that as is.

Quote:
Opening underwater pokemon show

it completly lacks any kind of flow and it's really hard to follow. don't have time for it in the editor as it would take me forever. some parts are cool, some are a lot more challenging than other, unforunately most of it is challening in a not so fun way with so much different types of color notes all the time that aren't even fast, it gets a bit tedious to play towards the end to be honest. nice try but this one needs some major revision to have a chance, but i wouldn't completly rule it out
I'll see what I can do for this one...
EDIT: Go ahead and reject this one, I have no idea how to make this file better as it is. I'll admit, I fucked up on this one.

Quote:
paradise lost
it's really fucen cool good job dude and it was really easy to follow and tell that it was accurate. but the ending!!! wasn't there an electric piano/synth or smth like that coming in playing on all 8ths giving you a perfect opportunity for an ending climax buildup before the last drums? please look at adding this and resubmit and i will check it in the editor.
This chart's actually missing a difficulty, which I had address what you mentioned (Of course I can fix the easier chart you judged as well). You mind if I resubmit it?

Last edited by Nick Skyline; 03-20-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Nick Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #380
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

gat dam this thread
sent in a fix B)
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote