Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-1-2009, 11:26 AM   #361
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Otaku Speedvibe [EDIT]

One problem with this. Take players like me who are close to getting Oni. Like people that can sdg fmo's and are on their way to getting oni. Thats one of my ultimate goals, but if OS Edit is created it is so much less of an achievement to get Oni. I feel that maybe you guys can credit yourselves with having it if you can get the AAA, but i would not make it an official token.

Top 3 finishes

2nd Place-Can you Beat Dragon's Fury Tournament (expert)
2nd Place-Dragon Fury's Team Tournament (advanced)
3rd Place-Phantom/Slayer Rock Fest (advanced)

This might be the stupidest comment I have ever heard in my life.
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 11:34 AM   #362
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3v0lut10nm4st3r11 View Post
One problem with this. Take players like me who are close to getting Oni. Like people that can sdg fmo's and are on their way to getting oni. Thats one of my ultimate goals, but if OS Edit is created it is so much less of an achievement to get Oni. I feel that maybe you guys can credit yourselves with having it if you can get the AAA, but i would not make it an official token.
Can't agree with this one. Oni is still a big accomplishment for each individual. I mean (and leave it to me to use a track analogy), a sub 4 mile was once reserved for only the very best in the world. Now many college guys can do it. So a sub 4 isn't as "good" on the world scene, but for each individual runner, it's a HUGE deal. It's such a great accomplishment, and just because there are others who can now run under 3:50 (those who can get EDIT) doesn't diminish the awesomeness of breaking 4 (getting ONI)

Track analogies FTMFW
Old 08-1-2009, 11:37 AM   #363
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Does it make me a weirdo if I totally understood what you just said bballa48?
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 11:42 AM   #364
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballa48 View Post
Can't agree with this one. Oni is still a big accomplishment for each individual. I mean (and leave it to me to use a track analogy), a sub 4 mile was once reserved for only the very best in the world. Now many college guys can do it. So a sub 4 isn't as "good" on the world scene, but for each individual runner, it's a HUGE deal. It's such a great accomplishment, and just because there are others who can now run under 3:50 (those who can get EDIT) doesn't diminish the awesomeness of breaking 4 (getting ONI)

Track analogies FTMFW
Haha good comparison, but it is sill a little bit different because oni was an achievement that used to have very few members and now has a lot just like your analogy. But the difference is that even though its still an achievement to achieve that sub 4 time, the track athletes are people that improved to get down to sub 3:50. This proposes that people have already gotten it and now want a physical token to prove it. I think that the fact they did it should be enough. That is how i feel. This would greatly diminish the value of oni. Somone would say "guess what i got oni today" and someone else would go so, "i already have edit" but they didn't just get it.

Top 3 finishes

Old 08-1-2009, 12:21 PM   #365
Anakinstepwalker
SIKA <3
FFR Veteran

i think this is a perfect idea.. becuz about a year ago wat seemed impossible for 95% of players is now achieved so easily.. waay 2 many ppl have this skill token now. so a harder 1 would b a good idea but probaly only 50 ppl would have it
Anakinstepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 12:28 PM   #366
Anakinstepwalker
SIKA <3
FFR Veteran

if this token is really created there would 4 sure be only 10 members who can obtain this.. i know 5 rite off top! way 2 many members got the oni and tht shouldnt have happened
Anakinstepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 12:41 PM   #367
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

Quote:
That may not necessarily be true for every person "on their way" to obtaining [Oni]. Saying that it will make [Oni] much less of an achievement sounds pretty subjective to me. The entire reasoning behind this token is to provide those who can obtain [Oni] easily with a challenge themselves. Infact, I'm surprised they haven't implemented a token like this as soon as players began AAA'ing FGO's. I'm no where near close to getting [Oni] and even I can agree that those who can AAA FGO files deserve to be recognized and awarded for doing so, pce.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 12:42 PM   #368
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
This would greatly diminish the value of oni.
... because [Oni] is incredibly hard to achieve and possessing the token is of great value...
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 12:45 PM   #369
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator View Post
That may not necessarily be true for every person "on their way" to obtaining [Oni]. Saying that it will make [Oni] much less of an achievement sounds pretty subjective to me. The entire reasoning behind this token is to provide those who can obtain [Oni] easily with a challenge themselves. Infact, I'm surprised they haven't implemented a token like this as soon as players began AAA'ing FGO's. I'm no where near close to getting [Oni] and even I can agree that those who can AAA FGO files deserve to be recognized and awarded for doing so, pce.
I agree they should be recognized also, but i don't feel that a skill token is necessarily the best idea. I think oni should be the pinnacle of the tokens as far as AAA'ing goes. There are much harder tokens but thats why they are skill tokens. I beleive a good idea could be to make a it a token not a skill token. Kind of like "here we go" and "quickdraw".

Edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
... because [Oni] is incredibly hard to achieve and possessing the token is of great value...
This is what i am talking about. It's a hell of an achievement for most players except the ones that can get this new token. Thats why i feel that they really dont need a material token to show what they have done.

Top 3 finishes

Last edited by R3v0lut10nm4st3r11; 08-1-2009 at 12:47 PM..
Old 08-1-2009, 12:50 PM   #370
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Quote:
I agree they should be recognized also, but i don't feel that a skill token is necessarily the best idea. I think oni should be the pinnacle of the tokens as far as AAA'ing goes.
... because FMOs are the pinnacle of difficulties (excluding difficulty 13's).
Quote:
There are much harder tokens but thats why they are skill tokens. I beleive a good idea could be to make a it a token not a skill token. Kind of like "here we go" and "quickdraw".
Isn't PFCing a FGO hard? Isn't that why it would be a skill token? Doesn't it take 'skills' to PFC a FGO?

You're losing me. =.='

EDIT: Why not a symbol of your achievement?
Quote:
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him

Last edited by EAGAMES; 08-1-2009 at 12:52 PM..
Old 08-1-2009, 12:54 PM   #371
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

I want an [edit]. After getting [Oni] there's really not much you can go for. I still have 5 ST's to get but [Edit] would just be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 12:54 PM   #372
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
... because FMOs are the pinnacle of difficulties (excluding difficulty 13's).

Isn't PFCing a FGO hard? Isn't that why it would be a skill token? Doesn't it take 'skills' to PFC a FGO?

You're losing me. =.='
Ok i see where those two came together wrong my bad. I am just saying i feel that Oni would not be as much as an achievement for some people. I know you guys want it and all but there really are not that many people that can do this so isn't personal recognition enough? All the people that can get this are known on ffr for being good. Getting Oni can give unknown players at least some feeling of recognition. And what i meant by pinnacle was that it was for players like me. I think there are more on the verge of oni than there are able to get edit.

Top 3 finishes

Old 08-1-2009, 01:01 PM   #373
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Quote:
Ok i see where those two came together wrong my bad. I am just saying i feel that Oni would not be as much as an achievement for some people. I know you guys want it and all but there really are not that many people that can do this so isn't personal recognition enough? All the people that can get this are known on ffr for being good. Getting Oni can give unknown players at least some feeling of recognition. And what i meant by pinnacle was that it was for players like me. I think there are more on the verge of oni than there are able to get edit.
Quote:
Ok i see where those two came together wrong my bad. I am just saying i feel that Oni would not be as much as an achievement for some people.
It's already not as much as an achievement.
Quote:
I know you guys want it and all but there really are not that many people that can do this so isn't personal recognition enough?
Uh, so what if you can't get it? Shouldn't that inspire you to progress?
Quote:
Getting Oni can give unknown players at least some feeling of recognition. And what i meant by pinnacle was that it was for players like me.
No.
Once again, shouldn't it be of encouragment?
Quote:
I think there are more on the verge of oni than there are able to get edit.
no duh
Quote:
Old 08-1-2009, 01:08 PM   #374
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Ok, look. Its just two different sides talking about this. Edit would be a great achievement, and what i think i am trying to say is i wish they introduced this before people could really AAA FGO's. The reason being is that players like you dont have to earn it. They just get it. Thats what i feel the problem is. When [oni] was introduced no one could really do it yet but these 400 people worked there way up to getting it. And about my point of diminishing oni's value, this was more thinking towards myself and i realized i was being subjective. So sorry if i came off that way.

Top 3 finishes

Old 08-1-2009, 01:12 PM   #375
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Quote:
Ok, look. Its just two different sides talking about this. Edit would be a great achievement, and what i think i am trying to say is i wish they introduced this before people could really AAA FGO's. The reason being is that players like you dont have to earn it. They just get it. Thats what i feel the problem is. When [oni] was introduced no one could really do it yet but these 400 people worked there way up to getting it. And about my point of diminishing oni's value, this was more thinking towards myself and i realized i was being subjective. So sorry if i came off that way.
When Oni was introduced, less than 10 members could achieve it. I remember only seeing like four for the first week or so? Would that not the case now?

Also, the requirements to get Edit aren't as easy as Oni's are. We're striving for mid-FGO+, keeping the Edit get counts low.

Also, more than half of those 400 people didn't work hard to get up there.

Also, it's ok. =]
Quote:
Old 08-1-2009, 01:16 PM   #376
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
When Oni was introduced, less than 10 members could achieve it. I remember only seeing like four for the first week or so? Would that not the case now?

Also, the requirements to get Edit aren't as easy as Oni's are. We're striving for mid-FGO+, keeping the Edit get counts low.

Also, more than half of those 400 people didn't work hard to get up there.

Also, it's ok. =]
True, true. I feel like it's a good idea and i wouldn't mind introducing it and see how it plays out. I just don't want to enter like vc or mp saying "guess what, i got [oni]!!" and having 3 other people going, wow your good. Try getting edit now noob.

Top 3 finishes

Old 08-1-2009, 01:18 PM   #377
[TeRa]
FFR Player

Try getting edit now noob.
8)
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 01:21 PM   #378
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I think people hate knowing the fact that there would be a token that's nearly impossible for most to achieve, so they would prefer that the top players be satisfied with personal gratification on the incredible scores they achieve rather than moaning on the fact that there would always be a song they cannot play because of his or her skill level. You could say "oh, but wasn't this the same kind of mentality when otaku ONI token came out?". I think people are thinking that this new token has gone too far in terms of achievability; they want token requirements that can reasonably be achieved by a normal player. Because we all hate not getting that last token, right?

And for the top players who are looking for a new goal to achieve, most people couldn't care less because you're a minority in that case - you're just more vocal about it.

I personally don't care what happens. I won't care if I cannot achieve an FGO AAA. And it's a song we already have, just harder steps.

Last edited by bmah; 08-1-2009 at 01:25 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 01:25 PM   #379
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I think people hate knowing the fact that there would be a token that's nearly impossible for most to achieve, so they would prefer that the top players be satisfied with personal gratification on the incredible scores they achieve rather than moaning on the fact that there would always be a song they cannot play because of his or her skill level. You could say "oh, but wasn't this the same kind of mentality when otaku ONI token came out?". I think people are thinking that this new token has gone too far in terms of achievability; they want token requirements that can reasonably be achieved by a normal player. Because we all hate not getting that last token, right?
Kinda sorta agreed. Thats why i said it shouldn't be a skill token. Personal gratification and they fact that everyone knows they have AAA'd FGO's. Once i get oni you think anyone is going to notice?

Top 3 finishes

Old 08-1-2009, 01:30 PM   #380
p4rty_b0y
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to p4rty_b0y

Sprite has already been denied twice on getting the token i doubt its going to happen =(

p4rty_b0y is offline   Reply With Quote