Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-8-2007, 09:43 AM   #321
zidart
FFR Player

Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Release Date Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
If you don't want to learn to wavedash, I'm going to assume you're saying "I don't want to be better at this game." Granted, wavedashing doesn't instantly make you awesome, but it does increase your skill level if you can use it properly. I will never understand why some people don't want to improve themselves.
well let me tell you that i always want to be better to improve , however i like the satisfaction of defeating someone who use wavedash (or snaking). and you're right it adds strategy to the game, now i have strategy to send flying a wavedasher.

to be better than someone you just have to defeat them, i know i hate wavedash and snaking, but the simple truth is that the best is the one that one that wins, (well except for the ones that use codes you can't deny that using codes is cheating)
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 11:08 AM   #322
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
well let me tell you that i always want to be better to improve , however i like the satisfaction of defeating someone who use wavedash (or snaking). and you're right it adds strategy to the game, now i have strategy to send flying a wavedasher.

to be better than someone you just have to defeat them, i know i hate wavedash and snaking, but the simple truth is that the best is the one that one that wins, (well except for the ones that use codes you can't deny that using codes is cheating)
Which was my entire point...Wavedashing doesn't give a massive advantage, so there's no point in condemning it, even if it is an exploit.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 11:14 AM   #323
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
Which was my entire point...Wavedashing doesn't give a massive advantage, so there's no point in condemning it, even if it is an exploit.
well i think i misunderstood you.

anyway, the update of my music it really helps a lot, one of my complaints in melee is that i didn't like some of the random songs, like the one of F-zero, and i loved the fire emblem song (but anyway i know the trick to activate it) i think music is really important for this game, so this is a really good thing and another extra, now i will be interested in finding those CDs
Old 09-8-2007, 03:18 PM   #324
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhickle View Post
Wait, snaking in Mario Kart DS is an exploit? How the hell? It's rapid drift boosting.
Well, if you were to have a complete straightaway track with one snaker and one person just holding down the accelerator, who would win?

It's an exploit because you're only meant to be able to drift around curves. You know, like in reality.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 03:36 PM   #325
plasmix
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
It's an exploit because you're only meant to be able to drift around curves. You know, like in reality.
A higher-up from Nintendo says otherwise.

And Mario Kart isn't what I would call a driving simulator.
plasmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 04:00 PM   #326
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

No, he says nothing about it not being an exploit. He says it's not a bug and he's proud to use it.

Look, it's just stupid, ok? It takes all the fun out of competition if you're all repeatedly snaking around instead of JUST DRIVING.

If you intend to do this on MK Wii, I'll refuse to play you. Simple as that.

Play the game as it is intended to be played. You don't have to make a competition out of everything. It's just a friendly race!

Last edited by Squeek; 09-8-2007 at 04:02 PM..
Old 09-8-2007, 04:12 PM   #327
zidart
FFR Player

squeek once brawl and mario kart wii are released i will challenge you XD, and anyone who wants to play, with the normal rules of super smash bros brawl
Old 09-8-2007, 05:37 PM   #328
plasmix
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Look, it's just stupid, ok? It takes all the fun out of competition if you're all repeatedly snaking around instead of JUST DRIVING.
...Fun is subjective, is it not? I think snaking can make a race more exciting just due to its erratic nature. And we all know you're not big on competition.

Quote:
If you intend to do this on MK Wii, I'll refuse to play you. Simple as that.

Play the game as it is intended to be played. You don't have to make a competition out of everything. It's just a friendly race!
Miniturbo-ing isn't supposed to be limited to turns. Where did you get that idea? The article states that its use is legitimate everywhere. Exploitative? Not really. Good players will find it beneficial to use it as much as possible, because more boosts = faster = better.

Yes it's just friendly racing. ...And racing is competitive by nature. Hell, lots of games out there involve beating other people at something, and I take you to be a pretty serious gamer. There's being a laid-back, and there's having a poor attitude. Sorry to attack your character like that, but that's a terrible mentality to have.

(and sorry if I have blown what you said out of proportion)
plasmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 06:00 PM   #329
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

i have the cd of 15 of the tracks from the game being performed live and it is really good

Quote:
well i think i misunderstood you.

anyway, the update of my music it really helps a lot, one of my complaints in melee is that i didn't like some of the random songs, like the one of F-zero, and i loved the fire emblem song (but anyway i know the trick to activate it) i think music is really important for this game, so this is a really good thing and another extra, now i will be interested in finding those CDs

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 06:44 PM   #330
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinpig View Post
i have the cd of 15 of the tracks from the game being performed live and it is really good
ohh what i meant is about the hidden CDs in super smash bros brawl,

as for snaking, i don't find it beneficial, again you can use it if you want but that doesn't make you a better player that someone who doesn't snake (or wavedash).

but yes a race is also about competition, but it is also about fun, and i don't find any fun in moving my fingers like crazy from right to left again and again and again (i mean the movement of the snaking do not think i say it is not fun to move my fingers really fast in super smash).
Old 09-8-2007, 08:06 PM   #331
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

Quote:
I had to start with this one first...

So if snaking is an exploit, because I can't do it in real life, that would make any item in the game an exploit, because I can't use items in real life when people, for example, are tailgating me.

Quote:
Fun is subjective. All of my friends and I have fun in competition (and the random stupid crap that happens during the competition). So what if one person is consistently winning? There's enough stupid crap happening to keep the mood light.

Quote:
but yes a race is also about competition, but it is also about fun, and i don't find any fun in moving my fingers like crazy from right to left again and again and again (i mean the movement of the snaking do not think i say it is not fun to move my fingers really fast in super smash).
Again, subjective as to what is fun. I find it to be less fun when I'm not moving my fingers as much (I always like to drum my fingers, or in online games, Im always going through menus or something).

Snaking isn't an exploit, because you also can't use a lightning bolt to make people tiny, then run them over and make them paper thin and really floaty.
Fun is subjective.

Last edited by masterhickle; 09-8-2007 at 08:10 PM..
masterhickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 08:55 PM   #332
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ugh. You're totally not getting it.

Ok, let's do this. There's a fighting game. You played it for 5 years and you're the best in the league. Then you go to some tournament and there's some six year old there. All he does is mash "A". And he wins.

Through some phenomenon in the game, when you mash "A" at a perfect interval, you win. No questions asked.

Does that mean everyone who plays this game should just learn the timing when mashing? I mean, it's a technique that's part of the game that you can use to your advantage.

"Let's all mash "A" to win!". That's what you all sound like to me.
Old 09-8-2007, 09:00 PM   #333
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Whatever it takes to win.

If you can't figure out a way to get around a certain tactic, then it's your problem.
Old 09-8-2007, 09:42 PM   #334
Rszkwski623
FFR Player

ok
i was afraid of this as well.
wavedash topic went straight to snaking issue.

My Opinion: is that i drift boost a lot, because everyone i face does it.
i dont conisder it a cheating tactic. it is a control of the game.
"key sentence"
if it helps me get through a track on a Racing game faster, of course i would want to use it.
especially for online if there are really good people.

snaking is basically just using drift boost AT ALL TIMES. (i know what it really is, just think for a sec)
i snake if that's the people i am against. if not, i consider it cheap(but not cheating) agaisnt non drifters/snakers.

Rszkwski623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 09:45 PM   #335
Rszkwski623
FFR Player

Quote:
squeek once brawl and mario kart wii are released i will challenge you XD, and anyone who wants to play, with the normal rules of super smash bros brawl
im up for that
just depends whats going on dec 3rd in terms of school.
ill message you about in in a couple of months ,i guess.

Rszkwski623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 09:54 PM   #336
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Whatever it takes to win.

If you can't figure out a way to get around a certain tactic, then it's your problem.
i hate to admit it but it is true (the second part).

also Rszkwski623, i accept the challenge (hoping for good grades).
Old 09-8-2007, 09:54 PM   #337
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rszkwski623 View Post
snaking is basically just using drift boost AT ALL TIMES. (i know what it really is, just think for a sec)
i snake if that's the people i am against. if not, i consider it cheap(but not cheating) agaisnt non drifters/snakers.
That actually made me think of something.

One big reason I would use snaking, is because I've always preferred cars with higher acceleration / steering. My friends prefer higher top speed vehicles. Soooo....considering that, I'm not gonna just coast down a straightway with my minimal top speed, while I've got someone like Bowser or DK bearing down on me.

Not many courses consist of a lot of turns, and many have LONG straightways.
Old 09-8-2007, 09:56 PM   #338
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
That actually made me think of something.

One big reason I would use snaking, is because I've always preferred cars with higher acceleration / steering. My friends prefer higher top speed vehicles. Soooo....considering that, I'm not gonna just coast down a straightway with my minimal top speed, while I've got someone like Bowser or DK bearing down on me.

Not many courses consist of a lot of turns, and many have LONG straightways.
wich is why i always select anti-snaking tracks XD, and of course and anti-snakers car
Old 09-8-2007, 10:01 PM   #339
arsonistsgetallthegirls
FFR Player

so, who wants to go back to talking about SSBB?

[Trust me, This user is your friend.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeron View Post
Holy ****, civility in the forums?! My head just asploded.
Wait, What?
arsonistsgetallthegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 10:12 PM   #340
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonistsgetallthegirls View Post
so, who wants to go back to talking about SSBB?
>.< sorry my bad.

anyway, do you think the online mode is gonna be something like metroid prime hunters (you can't change the rules of the battle just the place where you wanna play)? of course this is without the friend codes