T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXI: Harry Potter and the Rise of the Wolves - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
T-force captain obvious.
Still not convinced btw.
When are you ever convinced with anything I say. And to add to that, how often have I been right.

RB, I have two questions for you: Why do you want RP still alive (aside from the fact you think he's town. I want you to explain why you think he could have helped this game if he was still alive). And the other, who do you think was the better lynch this past phase? Ignore everything that's happened this night phase.

DFR, it's a start. What I think could help is finding a post or two about some users and show why that post/those posts make you read them the way you do.

Reuben, Melissa, I'd like to hear more from both of you, please.
Jteh, if you'd also like to pop in, that'd be nice.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #282
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

I'd like to see more from ben. In his initial reads post (unless I missed something) he said that he'd like to see me/riot dead. The only thing he said about me after that was he doesn't want me to have defeatist attitude again, whereas he gave riot a reasonably large post as to why he felt wolfy about riot. And the see more posts thing was broken for me so really I only saw those two posts, unless those are the only ones that have had substance.

Also looking back at jteh, I just feel... normal about him. Nothing odd has really happened except for being a little more quiet than usual imo. A thing to note is that jteh had riot in his green pile for the same reasons as red is defending him now.

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #283
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
When are you ever convinced with anything I say. And to add to that, how often have I been right.

RB, I have two questions for you: Why do you want RP still alive (aside from the fact you think he's town. I want you to explain why you think he could have helped this game if he was still alive). And the other, who do you think was the better lynch this past phase? Ignore everything that's happened this night phase.

DFR, it's a start. What I think could help is finding a post or two about some users and show why that post/those posts make you read them the way you do.

Reuben, Melissa, I'd like to hear more from both of you, please.
Jteh, if you'd also like to pop in, that'd be nice.
Ok we've played 1 maybe 2 (charu dies multiple times and smash) games together max. How exactly is that statement valid? You make it sound as if we've played dozens of games and I've always been wrong..
Could RP have been a wolf? Obviously he had the same chance as you or I or anyone has. That whole "idk how to look town" comment leads me to think he's a towny, that was a town rolling over and dying. Also I can't recall any game where a caught red just gave up and never tried to defend themselves afterwards.

As for what we'd benefit from having RP alive? We might've hit a wolf with the lynch instead?
He's currently viewing the thread, which is more than we can say for some. From my experience with RP in live games, he's the type to sit back and examine everything and then make his argument so we could've got some really good reads out of him in D2 had he survived the nightkill.

I would've voted tiloco had I not slept through eod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #284
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

and why's that? So far it just seems like you dislike me taking charge
tiloco217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #285
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Ok we've played 1 maybe 2 (charu dies multiple times and smash) games together max. How exactly is that statement valid? You make it sound as if we've played dozens of games and I've always been wrong..
The only one we did play was Charu Dies. Remember when I had the final 7 perfectly pegged and you didn't believe either of my Mafia claims or how the Traitor could only be one of the power roles? I'm still slightly salty about that.

Quote:
Could RP have been a wolf? Obviously he had the same chance as you or I or anyone has. That whole "idk how to look town" comment leads me to think he's a towny, that was a town rolling over and dying. Also I can't recall any game where a caught red just gave up and never tried to defend themselves afterwards.
There have been games where wolves literally realized there was no chance and forfeited after the first night. (check TWG CXII).
Choof basically gave up when he was up on a chopping block in Live TWG. It happens. Not often, mind you, but it does happen. If anything, it could be a decent strat because it seems more towny.

Quote:
As for what we'd benefit from having RP alive? We might've hit a wolf with the lynch instead?
He's currently viewing the thread, which is more than we can say for some. From my experience with RP in live games, he's the type to sit back and examine everything and then make his argument so we could've got some really good reads out of him in D2 had he survived the nightkill.
But why D2. Why couldn't he have given those reads D0/D1/Dwhatever day yesterday was? This is my point - he basically blackmailed us into trying to keep him alive and that isn't a good town move.

Quote:
I would've voted tiloco had I not slept through eod.
Guessing this is based to him basically leading town?

Either way, thank you. This is the RB I've come to know. You pass in my books for now.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #286
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You rarely ever contribute anything original..you just always coattail questions after other people do.

Also about T-Force's claim that he'll be killed for being a vet. We're literally a majority of vets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:06 PM   #287
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You rarely ever contribute anything original..you just always coattail questions after other people do.

Also about T-Force's claim that he'll be killed for being a vet. We're literally a majority of vets.
I actually have given quite a lot of original opinions including being one of the first people to produce a reads list and continually updating it. Also I have produced more information for this game then any other players by asking the questions I do. For instance if I hadn't asked you to explain why you didn't like me you probably wouldn't have brought up what you just did
Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #288
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

By the way, in live mafia it is significantly more common for people to give up as mafia. They get put under the pressure of a formal and can't figure out how to respond. I think a very similar situation happened here with riot police. I still think it is very possible that we hit on riot based on his play alone but the votes from DFR and reuben may mean I was wrong.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #289
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
I said that as a secondary option. My main reason was because wolves usually go for the most town looking person. Based off of most reads, that was either me or tiloco.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #290
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

In the night....

Funnygurl555 was killed!

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end on Thursday, January 22nd at 10 PM Server Time.
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:03 PM   #291
T-Force
Your world ends with you

R.I.P. FG. In before candle gif.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:07 PM   #292
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Anyway, off to bed again... I'll try to view when I can until I get home (for the record, I work 4 AM - 2PM or so Tuesday-Friday). When I get home, I'm going to drop my stuff, maybe make some toast or something, take a serious peek at FG's reads list and try to make some connections from there.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:09 PM   #293
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

well that was a nice birthday gift

thanks wolves

T-Force
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #294
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Also, considering they went for the person who's played the most games of TWG, we're most likely dealing with quieter wolves who are also most likely new to being a wolf, if not newer to the game in general.

Food for thought.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:06 AM   #295
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm here, I'll make some posts later tonight although it seems the thread is deddo atm.

Also, hi Melissa, I see you lurking in "users viewing this thread" so I'm hoping we get to hear more from you soon. Melissa, what are your thoughts regarding eod (end of day) and riot police's lynch? I noticed you were viewing the thread but didn't say anything other than a correction to the vote count. is it because you were too nervous/shy to post or confused about how things were developing towards the end of the day? What do you think about the fact that funnygurl got killed last night?

Lastly, you have yet to post a reads list yet or at least some thoughts on who you're leaning towards. Do you have any reads on people?

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:21 AM   #296
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

And now she's gone from the thread again, rip I'm going to place a vote on Melissa for now, I think she's taken enough advantage of playing the newbie card in D0. She was doing particularly well in the early portions in D0 and was holding her own and responding well but especially towards the later parts of D0, she's just been doing a massive amount of lurking without saying anything and it's a bit worrisome.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:27 AM   #297
lynn34melissa
FFR Player

Good evening,

Thoughts:
Honestly I believed that Funny would survive in the game for a greater amount of time because she was one of the most obvious town. If I were to go on T-Forces view that the wolf is quiet and new to being a wolf I would vote for well... myself and possibly reuben or Jhet-A due to the post count (strategically it would be best for the wolf not to draw attention to themselves).

However if it were strategic to not draw attention to oneself and this was voiced during the game, wouldn't a new wolf then see it the opposite. Would the wolf participate in chat like a townie in order to appear town? (possible but...)

Reads: (honestly I don't think I'm experienced enough to give these...)

Reuben is not speaking as much as I would expect him to. This leads me to think that he has some sort of power role. It seems that no one is completely certain of his affiliation and this is concerning. If he were wolf I would expect him to blend into town better than he has done, even with the large amount of time he was absent while camping (silence is not exactly blending). I have a red lean toward him, especially since he was comfortable with votes on him (even if it was just me in the end)

T-Force: Honestly I think your town, however people who have played with you are probably better at reading your moves. I suspect green because I don't think you would have eliminated Funny on the first night. It would be the equivalent of me eliminating my brother (reference to Funny's bashing you), the action would be too suspicious. that and the fact that she voted for you in her death.

Tiloco: you talk a lot. really you do and I think a wolf would honestly try to post somewhere in the middle range (blending) instead of making the most amount of posts. You don't seem to fear the finger being pointed at you or questioned of your views and this leads me to believe that you are green.

Jteh-A: quiet, but nothing suggests wolf. he appears town.
lynn34melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:27 AM   #298
lynn34melissa
FFR Player

dude im not done with my reads
Old 01-21-2015, 12:29 AM   #299
lynn34melissa
FFR Player

I find u suspicious though [twg]reuben[/twgv]
Old 01-21-2015, 12:50 AM   #300
lynn34melissa
FFR Player

damn i lost this post before i posted it. (take-2)
reuben

Thoughts:
During the EOD i considered insta-lynching riot, but didn't due to the fact that I believed him town. It seems that people voted him out because of his posts (his posts voiced his frustration with attempting to seem town - presumably being a townie- and the inability to project it successfully, as well as his non-explanations for his votes). I didn't post anything in part because I was a bit confused, and the reads list was frustrating.

In regard to funny's death, i don't find it a bit funny (pun intended, sorry). I expected her to last a few rounds but T-force did mention that the obvious towns are killed first. if that is the case then tiloco or T-force are in the wolfs sights. Though the mentioning of this leads me to believe that they will avoid killing Tiloco or T-force at night, the voting today could give clues as to who is wolf.

I'm leaning toward Reuben as wolf, not just because I am his sister (though that is partly why) but because he is exceptionally quiet except in regards to me (though this is probably because I am his sister). trying to vote me would be a good strategy if he were a wolf because it wouldn't raise suspicion.