Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #2961
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXIV: Classics Man - Game Thread

I guess I'll throw something different:

Who doesn't like both AA and Shado? Sunfan #758
(instead of thinking W/W, think at T/T here)

Who knew Jade was FreezinIce since the beginning? Sunfan

(Suggesting: Sunfan/Jade/???)
Old 02-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #2962
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Thank you. Being consistently "misunderstood" was driving me crazy. I'm glad to see my mindset and posts are visible to someone.

What did roundbox promise?

The parts before bold are iffy, because I've accumulated enough general suspicion at this point to make me look like an easy scapegoat any time the wolves start to feel pressured.
The bold part itself causes me to lean Witch town, though. Specifically, "once we have more than enough room for error". She's thinking critically, analyzing possibilities and different worlds here, and coming to the conclusion that it's too risky to lynch me here. She's open to the idea of killing me "if you must", but only after town's in a better spot.
A mislynch at this stage is really bad, and the person pushing me is tunneling/pushing for it so hard he was willing to openly declare that town should only lynch between us. Regardless of anything else, the possibility that he's a wolf pushing hard for the finish line alone should deter votes on me/AA. Find someone else this phase, and vigikill/lynch me as you please once we're a little more comfortable in wolf numbers.
[/b]
This is subtle, but it pretty clearly outlines the difference in playstyle that myself and others have noted. Also explains why she refused to give "scumreads" so to speak, and instead gave a list of five people she thought were scum.
I'm trying to be cautious not to be pocketed so I'm only giving her a townlean, but I do like the approach this post takes to the game, her PoE, and her tone.
Quoting the whole post to say thank you as well.

roundbox promised an interesting and thoughtful wallpost and all he did give was resoundingly unimpressive.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:37 PM   #2963
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

[quote=Hakulyte;4525583]

Who knew Jade was FreezinIce since the beginning? Sunfan/QUOTE]

Doesn't he manage the sock accounts?
Old 02-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #2964
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Certainty View Post
Doesn't he manage the sock accounts?
Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I can't really seriously use this as an argument.

Rather than that, it's more how long it took for him to say that "it's indeed an alt".
Old 02-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #2965
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Have to charge phone to be around for EoD, will be checking from time to time while it's plugged in.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:46 PM   #2966
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
Shado felt really bad in his early d0 interactions with mellon and his insistence on making her move.
Why? You acknowledge that my insistence had the intention of making her move, so why is that a bad thing?
AA and sunfan were forcing the narrative that I was lying about that intention and that I was really trying to start a wagon on her, which is why they scumread me for that interaction.
What's your reason?

Quote:
Sunfan is usually one of my first town reads but I feel he hasn't been as prevalent for that in this game. To add to that I feel there was quite some inconsistencies and stuff in his posts that he had to address prior to EoD. His EoD d0 was really good though. I am a bit wary of him but not enough to warrant a scum read/lean/push/pull/wax on/wax off.
Why is sunfan's EoD d0 really good? He asked for one more day (supposedly to avoid AA's "crazy" push), then immediately caused the granted time to establish and strongly advocate for a mislynch. I have a thought as to why you'd think that's good, but I'd like to hear your mindset.

Quote:
At the end of d0,

Town: Proph, AA

Null+: Haku, Jade, MML,

Null-: Witch, sunfan?

Scum: Shado, Xel
Is this for what you said about my "really bad" interaction with mellon, or for my EoD? Because my EoD should be pretty protown. I actively tried to pull people off a townread I had, and that townread was eventually mislynched.

Quote:
Concerning groupings, I'm not sure if Shado and Xel are same faction but I am convinced at least one of them is. I am also of the opinion that we have a leader-ish wolf this game, gut hunch. Leaning towards sunfan, with an offchance of AA.
This is what caused me to townlean you on my first readthrough. I had been entertaining Roundbox being on a scumteam with either AA or sunfan (unless they're on a scumteam together), so seeing you call them out with your first major post reassured me about you.
In hindsight, all that means is that the likelihood of you sharing a scumteam with them is reduced now, but doesn't do anything to change your alignment individually and apart from them.

Quote:
Sunfan/witch/xel or sunfan/witch/shado would not surprise me.
Hm, well... I suppose part of this makes sense to me in that you have witch/xel as potential teammates and witch/shado (or, by extension, a possible xel/shado), which is what I thought I would see if I were trying to find "Shado's scumteam". I don't think I could see sunfan and I ever being on the same wolfteam here, though. Sunfan hasn't bussed (to the point of being on the lynched wolf's wagon) since 2014, and I would only bus if absolutely necessary. He seems pretty set on seeing me lynched, so he is almost never scum if I were scum.

slight townlean for tone and a logical approach that I can identify with behind these reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 02-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #2967
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Quoting the whole post to say thank you as well.
For what?

Quote:
roundbox promised an interesting and thoughtful wallpost and all he did give was resoundingly unimpressive.
oh, that's what you were talking about. Yeah, definitely resoundingly unimpressive, especially compared to other roundbox games.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 02-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #2968
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

alright my reads list is almost done pending a few interactions, but imo its kind of a mess!!

strong town:

haku - haku acting like an agent of chaos this entire game makes him stand out!! but in a good way! hes kind of doing his own thing and has been consistently doing so this entire game, so hes really the only person im really confident about reading alignmentwise!

mml - i just read his tone as pure and his line of thought i can easily read and identify with!

weak town:

proph - proph is trending down because hes not here enough! i cant really get a sense of where he stands on a lot of issues and id really like him to come and weigh in on todays posts beyond just make a single post and leave!!

sunfan - out of the people i asked about the dbp wagon yesterday, your response felt the least genuine! i mean its better than what i got from xel (nothing...) but still your reaction was not what i expected considering you started dbp wagon!! your tone and thoughts today are fine, but that one point is dragging you down in my mind and making me paranoid about you...

wineandbread - i feel so frustrated because i feel like when roundbox left i got cheated out of getting his thoughts about dbp wagon because he made 2 posts then peaced out, leaving me with almost nothing to go on for the day!! your first content post i really like, but its going to take a lot more than that to clear this slot in my mind.

null:

xel - i cannot read your slot!! your interactions with people are strange. you never answer any question i ask you. you come in, weigh in on stuff for like 2 or 3 posts, then inexplicably leave!! i really want to have a decent real time interaction with you. also i want you to tell me what your thought are about dbp wagon and your role in it with 2 or 3 sentences! although im not even sure how much this will help read you at this point...

witch - your posts today were fine but your hard defending of shado makes me suspicious of you again, downgrading you to null. i cant help but tinfoil that you have alignment information and your using it to gain favor subtly. ugh witch has caused me so many headaches this game...

THUNDERDOME:

aa - aa is really hard for me to read at the best of times, and this is not the best of times. my previous post showed why i think town aa could do what hes done and obviously as a wolf he could do it too. the thing thats balancing it out in his favor is he has been unrelenting in his questioning and scumhunting and seems to have towns best interests at heart, although a voice in my head is telling me that even that could come from a wolf mindset.

shado - i know your done talking about raeko, but that is a microcosm of a larger problem in that i cant i cannot understand where alot of your posts come from a town mindset. when i read posts from other people i can put myself in their shoes and think "yeah i would totally do that". i cannot do that in very many cases with you. ironically the only time im seeing where your coming from is recently when your campaigning against your lynch, and i agree that finding and investigating other people today is a wise use of time and i will be doing that, but my thoughts now are between aa/shado is our best chance to find a wolf.

=======

now that the reads list is posted, i think examining player interactions is the logical next step! and thats what im going to be doing~~
Old 02-24-2017, 07:54 PM   #2969
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I can't really seriously use this as an argument.

Rather than that, it's more how long it took for him to say that "it's indeed an alt".
[Character breaking response]

haku you fucking dipshit stop trying to angleshoot and play the game the right way.

thanks,

- freezinice

[End character breaking response]
Old 02-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #2970
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Quote:
For what?

oh, that's what you were talking about. Yeah, definitely resoundingly unimpressive, especially compared to other roundbox games.
For understanding what I meant and was trying to do?

A thought: wab isn't looking like he'll be that impressive either so far. What do you say?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #2971
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

I would literally never attempt to use prior knowledge that I exclusively know in order to gain an advantage in the game. Plz fo not waste time thinking about tbe relevance of me n jade its a waste of time a slightly ogfending to see happening
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-24-2017, 08:03 PM   #2972
Hakulyte
the Haku

My argument was invalid from the start because you posted something about TWG accounts early game.
I guess I'll just refrain from going there that way.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #2973
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Running out of time. I'm cooking for the extended fam today and wanna start soon. Day ends at 9pm PST (11pm server time) (T-3hrs7mins) so I wanna see AA's Witch progression. Also really want to check Xel's progression on me specifically, his vote seemed extremely opportunistic and the worst of everyone who scumread me as a result of The Thunderdome. Jade also raised some flags for making a wallpost on why s/he was scumreading me, but the wallpost was almost all stuff AA had beaten to death already. I got the impression s/he was trying to make it look like s/he had put in a lot of work to get to that conclusion independently. Red flags for both Xel/Jade as a result. I need to re-examine sunfan, but I don't think he's ever getting lynched today so I'll leave that for tomorrow to make the rest of this humanly possible from a time perspective.

Also, Proph did give a reason for not being as active today, right? I think I remember it, and his absence would be questionable otherwise.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #2974
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

Quote:
Running out of time. I'm cooking for the extended fam today and wanna start soon. Day ends at 9pm PST (11pm server time) (T-3hrs7mins) so I wanna see AA's Witch progression. Also really want to check Xel's progression on me specifically, his vote seemed extremely opportunistic and the worst of everyone who scumread me as a result of The Thunderdome. Jade also raised some flags for making a wallpost on why s/he was scumreading me, but the wallpost was almost all stuff AA had beaten to death already. I got the impression s/he was trying to make it look like s/he had put in a lot of work to get to that conclusion independently. Red flags for both Xel/Jade as a result. I need to re-examine sunfan, but I don't think he's ever getting lynched today so I'll leave that for tomorrow to make the rest of this humanly possible from a time perspective.

Also, Proph did give a reason for not being as active today, right? I think I remember it, and his absence would be questionable otherwise.
are you being serious right now??

you kept asking everyone to go back and check posting time on the early interactions and votes. i did so, found several inconsistencies with your progression, and suddenly its just me sheeping aa???

no, get back here and respond im annoyed that you think my arguments are somehow invalid, how about you point out whats so bad about them???

Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #2975
Hakulyte
the Haku

Can someone develop on this? #828
Old 02-24-2017, 08:11 PM   #2976
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

this just further reinforces my dark suspicions that nobody is actually reading what im posting properly...

:[

Old 02-24-2017, 08:13 PM   #2977
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Can someone develop on this? #828
communication between wolves in real time makes entire globs of interactions easy to coordinate and fake is what i would guess aka scum theatre. i think he would only be suspicious of pairings if interactions between people felt too forced in one direction or the other
Old 02-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #2978
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

haku name the wolf in each of these pairs:

aa/shado/witch

xel/mml/jade

proph/wab/sunfan

you can rearrange them but if you do leave reasons why
Old 02-24-2017, 08:22 PM   #2979
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Jade Harley View Post
haku name the wolf in each of these pairs:

aa/shado/witch

xel/mml/jade

proph/wab/sunfan

you can rearrange them but if you do leave reasons why
1. AA
2. Xel
3. wab

[may be subject to change every 5 seconds]
Old 02-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #2980
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

hmm more detail on why aa over shado? and do you find witch hard defending shado weird or not? she semi did the same thing to charu end of day 0 and its freaking me out a bit
Closed Thread