Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 02:01 AM   #2801
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXIV: Classics Man - Game Thread

You can still make your guesses for who vigi should kill tonight for after when they see your flip and where you think the game should have gone etc.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:10 AM   #2802
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I still don't get why XelNya would post what we all want to see here, but do nothing like that before that point.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:40 AM   #2803
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Game Where Everyone Except Newcomers Read Me Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Lalalala sorry I lost the game for y'all. Hope you read me better in the future
Also, I tried. I really did. You burnt me out and made me meltdown twice hahaha
... Really? That's what it takes to tilt you?

Huh? You could totally argue I'm just sheeping AA here and instead you?
Old 02-24-2017, 03:02 AM   #2804
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: The Game Where Everyone Except Newcomers Read Me Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
... Really? That's what it takes to tilt you?

Huh? You could totally argue I'm just sheeping AA here and instead you?
Okay. Why did you sheep AA here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 02-24-2017, 03:04 AM   #2805
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

More specifically, what caused you to reverse your read on me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:00 AM   #2806
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

slept on it, reread thread witch is a townlean for today to anyone who cares i think i was just tunneling and caught up on semantics involving her play, shes done well enough this phase to get a pass

well, since i believe theres a wolf between aa and shado it makes sense to focus my energy on trying to solve them first

im still going to try to finish my reads list though and wagon analysis, although roundbox leaving and never getting back to me kind of shoots that in the foot :[

to that effect, @sunfan if you could sum up your thoughts about your vote on dbp in 2 to 3 sentences with the benefit of hindsight to justify your vote on dbp that would be great!!

i would like the same from aa and xel too, i just want to be in the mindset of what your thoughts are after the fact. i dont care if these thoughts are buried in a paragraph somewhere 20 pages ago please say them again and be concise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
what posts are you talking about because I don't see any
i think i was looking for a follow up on your incomplete thoughts on your vote for me at beginning of day

i know you got off me and moved on but id still like some elaboration about what you were seeing that was scummy from me :/

Quote:
........ You need to read the thread, dude.
Yes, I think AA is a wolf. Theres the tiniest of tiny chances he's an extremely misguided town, but I really doubt it.
I don't like sunfan very much, either, but I'm less sure about him today than I was yesterday.
I thought Witch was AAs partner because of his vote, but I'm going to have to check the timeline of pressure on her first. Sunfan and AA said that she wouldn't have been up for lynch if it weren't for AA, so I want to verify that before coming back with a harder read on her.
Xel and Roundbox follow those three closely, but you should really go back and read the thread for more info. Do you know when you'll be able to put some time into this? I'd really like to read your thoughts in some detail at some point..
ive just read the thunderdome and reread both aa and shado iso and heres my partial thoughts...

Quote:
I'm not misrepresentimg shit, don't try to twist this.
I'm pointing out your progression and explaining why I think it's scummy. If you don't like that, explain to me why I'm wrong.
Trust me, I've been reading what you're saying. I just don't buy that the vote was to avoid KitB just because it's KitB.
You weren't sheeping?? Really?

And then at the literal last minute:

This last one basically openly says you're sheeping, hence the saltiness.
this is pretty much the biggest problem i have with aa today

the dbp vote defied all progressions, made no sense, and was wolfy as hell

but i have to ask myself would town aa do it?? i think aa had a good day yesterday with the exception of that really gross vote at eod, but was it scummy of him to do??

i dont really have to look far to find out......

last game is enough to tell me everything i need to know about that subject!!!

Quote:
I will say that tonewise freezin feels different from his town game, but that's not enough for me
this was aa's 2nd to last post about freezin from last game before eod on d1

Quote:
fuck it let's go with the gut

freezin
this was his next post involving freezin literally minutes before eod, putting him at lead wagon and ultimately killing him

the similarities are impossible to ignore

does this excuse what he did fully? abosolutely not!!

but it sets a precedent in my mind that aa is capable of discarding his earlier reads and progression and voting someone on a whim as either alignment, so its something that isnt a be all end all to me!!

combine that with his d0/1 and you have a world where i can realistically believe that town aa did that gross vote with dbp more likely than not, which edges you out and makes me suspicious of you by poe

i will make my post involving you next but i want to put this out for people to read because its already been hours and those isos took way too long!!!

as usual, if anyone has questions feel free to ask!! ill be here for a couple more hours before i go to bed~
Old 02-24-2017, 05:04 AM   #2807
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

unvote

no point keeping vote on roundbox slot with no roundbox!!!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:56 AM   #2808
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Votes from post 2126 to post 2807
Night in 16:04:56

---
Old 02-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #2809
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

dbp vote was me not wanting kitb and sheeping the combination of roundbox and sunfan because I thought and think at least one of them is town

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 02-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #2810
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

xel ISOs feel like they progressively got lazier, which is understandable, but makes me remember to A&A

however his ISO on me seems like he's paying attention to stuff, so idrk

haku makes a good point

Old 02-24-2017, 07:01 AM   #2811
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
snip
Quote:
Lalalala sorry I lost the game for y'all. Hope you read me better in the future
Also, I tried. I really did. You burnt me out and made me meltdown twiiice hahaha
also to everyone who hasn't been paying attention, shado is giving up now after trying to seem confused

Quote:
Also, I have no idea what's going on anymore. I'm not sure of anyone and I don't know where to start. Sunfan seems sincere and even AA is Appearing Alright. My scumreads swam away and I'm tinfoiling my townreads.

I don't know if I'm in the right mindset for this anymore lol maybe I'm just tired but yeah idk

Old 02-24-2017, 07:01 AM   #2812
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'm cool with almost everything you said here surprisingly.

The only part I'm slightly confused about is the Witch town lean with the quotes you've picked up.
requoting so this doesn't get ignored, for xel

Old 02-24-2017, 07:03 AM   #2813
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

jade I said I'm having trouble reading you because of roleplay so I'm not gonna bother right now

I didn't see anything definitively scummy except what I thought was you flipping your reads really strangely, but that was because you quoted your old reads list, and I cbf to dig more right now

Old 02-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #2814
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

sitting here reading shados posts im going to try to follow the train and see where it takes me while i outline my
unfiltered thoughts...

=======

2/19

Quote:
And mellonxcollie
Also one from Hakulyte explaining his gambit
11:47PM - first mention from shado about mello asking for content

2/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Ok I'm probably signing off for the foreseeable future let's see how my gut is feeling:

XelNya feels a little on edge (beginning with AA in mind)

Charu Feels normal

A. Ayase feels a little off tone wise

Proph feels like he needs to posts more

roundbox is pretty serious and that's probably his town trait

Shado likes XIII

Raeko is going UTR again and at this point in life I'm ok with policy lynch

Witch of Certainty is someone I don't know well.

TWG Jade Harley is a tryhard alt

SunFan seems normal

DaBackPack left right when we where in danger of talking about the game. Well that and it's way past a normal person's bedtime. Still, let's see how long it takes him to come back. Posting at the start and disappering through EoD is classic wolf DPB

Hakulyte feels town because he entered the game relaxed and not as a try hard. Starting to try and read shit now but that seems like a town Haku thing.
3:10AM - mml post calling for a policy lynch on raeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
Are you kidding?

Raeko didn't wait up until after midnight for the TWG phase to start, and it's still only 8 in the morning, but screw it let's policy lynch her!!!

That is so stupid
5:29AM - raeko responds to mml read list

Quote:
SPOUT IT~ I am here

give me something to read other than endless shit posts
5:36AM - mello invites charu to talk to her about whats on his mind game wise

Quote:
I think the people trying to call me or any others out as not posting are being a bit shady. The phase just started at it was night time over here in North America so it makes sense for some people not to have posted yet. Throwing shade for no reason in shit posting phase could be laying down the tracks for fake suspicions later on. A few people who did this : Shadow, Lar

I didn't like Jade's entrance or the fact that they are using green text. The green text just screams "Trying to make green stick in the back of your head subconsciously"

Nobody in the first few pages particularly stuck out to me
5:49AM - mello responds to charus question of what she thinks about the content thats been posted so far, and posts about shado and mml in a negative light for trying to call her out for not posting so early in the game

Quote:
it was directed at me, but in response to Haku asking for a Jade post. So you can add Haku to that list too.
5:56AM - mello clarifies her point after charu could not find a post by shado. she quotes his 11:47PM post, then expands her point to include haku calling me out to post, asserting that she is against the practice altogether and not just when it involves her

Quote:
Hah! You were on my mind cause of "hiiiiiyoooooo" and then 0posts after, not even a "geez so many shitposts! I'm out, night!"
But yeah that isn't alignment indicative imo, I only said I wanted to see more of yoy. Funny that you're so defensive about it, though...
9:20AM - shado weighs in on mellos previous post, asserting that her not posting ISNT ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE. then gives her a parting shot at the end of his sentence

Quote:
hey mellon I see you in thread

out of the people you noted calling out people for not posting (lar/shado), is there one you find more suspicious, and if so why?
Quote:
o hai

I don't find either of them super suspicious just because of that. But I'd have to say Shadow since Lar says the exact same thing about me pretty much every game

Sorry for being so brief, I'll be AFK for a while but I'll be back this evening
11:33AM - a quick question and answer. mello responds to an aa ping about the people questioning her posting habits

Quote:
Lol I've made sure to consistently bring up you going UTR every single game since the first one I played you in, where you were SK and survived by being super UTR. Check yo facts bruhhhh
It's the only way I know how to pressure you to post more
11:37AM - shado responds to mellos post and explains himself, trying to explain away his behavior by saying he does the same thing every game just like lar who mello gave a pass to because he is consistant in pinging her every game for being utr

Quote:
A good way to pressure someone to post more is to ask them specific questions about players or the game, or maybe throw a vote on them. Accusing people of going UTR doesn't really accomplish much especially this early in the game. It just makes me repeat the same fucking posts every single game, and encourages people to make lazy reads that aren't based on actual in-game information
11:46AM - mello tells shado that in order to properly pressure someone he needs to leave relevant questions for them to answer with a possible vote, then (correctly) asserts that pinging people for just being utr without trying to gather information to read their slot properly is flawed

Quote:
Also I didn't win that game by being UTR. I won that game by playing an amazing dumb tell that everyone believed. check your own facts. Also maybe look up the definition of UTR because it's not "didn't make 50 posts day one".

And yes I'm being super defensive about this because it's really annoying. Leaving for real now
12:01AM - mello expands on her point defending her playstyle, then leaves the thread

Quote:
In the postgame of the game itself, when responding to everyone hating on you for succeeding at staying UTR:

Go read the postgame, you wouldn't have even made it close to the end if not for staying UTR. The "dumbtell" only helped towards the end.

Maybe. But saying "And mellonxcollie" in response to Haku's "Requesting a TWG Jade Harley post." after she popped in with a "hiyo" and disappeared isn't quite the same thing, wouldn't you agree?
12:28AM - shado argues semantics about mellos previous wolf win, then argues with roundbox that he did not call mellos play utr, saying requesting a post and saying someone is utr are not the same thing

Quote:
What hottake?

What shading of mellon?
Do you consider "and mellonxcollie" to be "throwing shade", so to speak?

Not at all very impressed with the larger "reads list" post this came from, tbh..
1:10PM - shado gets called out in prophs read list for shading mellon, the second person to accuse him of that (the first was aa) and he responds to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophylaxis View Post
Also the shading of mellon was the bolded:

That comment kind of pretty much only serves to make mellon look bad - and I don't see you trying to work out her alignment.
Quote:
Ah. I'm p sure I covered that already. Looking forward to seeing more of Xel now that he's on.

Me asking her to post more is trying to work out her alignment. She chose to scumread me for it. How is that not her being defensive?
She agreed that it was defensive herself, so you can say I'm "shading" her if you want, but maybe consider what kind of responses from mellon are possible from calling her out as such. I literally generated content from a player who has, so far, only been in thread to say "hiyo" and defend herself by calling everyone who's noted her absence or mentioned her history of trying to go UTR a wolf.
1:42 PM - more defense from shado as proph takes issue with shados parting shot ("funny your so defensive about it though...") and the second post i have major problems with:

1. asking someone to post more without having specific things you want from them only works farther into the game than half a day, and only when the person has literally no thread presence. both of these things are not true in this case as you can see

2. he takes credit for generating content from raeko when so far he has actually done almost no real interactions with her and a vast majority of her meaningful content comes from posts talking with other people (charu and aa being the main ones)

3. he uses hyperbole to further make her look bad and exaggerate her percieved faults

Quote:
Unvote
Say what you'd like about lame/annoying metareads, but my vote's going on mellon if she doesn't start posting.

In the game she won as SK by being UTR, she told "her haters" to suck it up 'cause it worked out for her. The following game (FE), she was wolf again and won by replacing an inactive Zenith and remaining mostly UTR for the rest of the game. While I applauded that at the time, both times, what tends to happen when you play back-to-back UTR strats is that you neatly get that added to your meta. If you don't like it, play a couple of active wolf games to change your meta. As it is, I don't care how high the horse is you're trying to be on by saying that reading you by activity is annoying. Post, or get lynched.
2:54 - shado states intent to post raeko if she continues to play utr and...

Quote:
Not as out of the blue as you might think. Read her ISO. Nine posts total this game, seven of which are defending herself by calling everyone who's noted her absence a wolf.

mellonxcollie til further notice
3:10PM - shado votes raeko

following the flow of these events, this vote feels oppertunistic as hell. not only had the day just begun, but she excused her abscence not once but twice with perfectly acceptable reasoning. shado places a vote anyways and goes back on everything he said previously openly and erroneously calling her out for utr play in a game that has barely started, with play that is far from utr.

going through this iso makes my brain explode at the leaps in logic that are made and simple facts that are ignored that lead shado here, barely 3 hours after mellos last post. i cant even

a part 2 of this analysis would detail the posts after the vote, the suspicions and theories of backpack regarding shado, and the shitstorm that resulted from it. im so tired right now...pouring over this took forever and its 7am. on the plus side i dont work today so ill be free leading up to eod after i wake up.

zzzzz

Old 02-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #2815
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

I wish Xel would've expanded on a few more things, like his thoughts on witch
a tl;dr tier list would've been nice just to I can go back and reference it later but

it does feel like he didn't make himself post it, but actually wanted to post it (I also believe he felt bad for not having posted it a little bit before actually doing so)

I don't think we're on the same page

I think he's town enough for me based on that list, reminds me of what I saw in him that I thought was townie yesterday
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #2816
thesunfan
Role Tide

witch going kinda awol is weird; they had been totally active beforehand
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #2817
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Certainty View Post
Hi, just want to mention, currently facing laptop issues and browsing from phone, won't be keeping up as well until further notice. So if I don't seem to be noticing/ responding to something, that's probably why

Old 02-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #2818
thesunfan
Role Tide

I've said it already and I don't think hindsight ever had anything to do with my posts but

I was at a rough spot in the game in more than one way. One way was because I felt absolutely positive that I had people in my no-kill-for-today list that absolutely shouldn't have been in there.

I looked at a list I had made of my no-kills list and tried to pick the name I felt least comfortable with being there, and when I picked DBP out, it kinda made me feel better about the game. He hadn't done anything mindblowingly townie, and he wasn't a top poster. I ISO'd him (after voting him but I did feel sure going into it) and felt like my opinion was justified; I hadn't missed any really great posts.

When DBP is town, I feel like its incredibly clear that his posts come from a place of original thought, and I didn't have that feeling about him this game. A lot of his posts seemed like they would be easy for him to make as a wolf (again, discounting the FF posts; not reading into those). So I tried to get him lynched.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #2819
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
o
k
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-24-2017, 10:59 AM   #2820
thesunfan
Role Tide

I love the phrase "parting shot," that's a good description of what some people think Shado has been doing this game
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread