Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-1-2008, 04:08 PM   #2781
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I'm best with Wolf, then Ike....then either Sonic or Wario....I want to play online but for some reason it keeps disconnecting when I try to set up a match.
Shoe The Almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 04:41 PM   #2782
zidart
FFR Player

i really think that playing without items is just makes the game more boring and generic, i mean the new items introduced in brawl depend on skill to use and they make twists in the gameplay, for example : the gooey bomb, the smash ball and the dragoon.

everytime these items appear people run for them and even if they are close to you that doesn't mean you're going to get it (specially the dragoon and the smash ball) wich changes the battle into a "who can get it first" and is actually fun to have those twists, is even more fun when you see everyone running away from your final smash/stucked bomb/dragoon target
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 04:42 PM   #2783
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Boring to you maybe. Playing with items to me is boring.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 04:53 PM   #2784
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
the gooey bomb
Can blow up unexpectedly, just like bobombs or other explosive items.
Quote:
the smash ball and the dragoon.
Can both KO at 0%. Not very fair if a smash ball (or final dragoon piece) appears, your opponent KOs you, they get the ball/dragoon, then immediately KO you again at 0%.

Some items aren't particularly unfair, but none of the ones added in Brawl fall under the title of "most fair" either.
Old 04-1-2008, 07:35 PM   #2785
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Can blow up unexpectedly, just like bobombs or other explosive items.

Can both KO at 0%. Not very fair if a smash ball (or final dragoon piece) appears, your opponent KOs you, they get the ball/dragoon, then immediately KO you again at 0%.

Some items aren't particularly unfair, but none of the ones added in Brawl fall under the title of "most fair" either.
gooey bomb = it flashes before it explodes and also if you hit it of course it explodes >_>
smash ball = the smash ball constantly moves and some final smashes are easy to evade or to knock out
dragoon= it can be evaded... is not that hard and actually you can just knock the parts out of the person that has the parts... with "skill"

@korny is ok, we had this argument a LONG time ago, you can play the way you want but to me i can't see how playing with items is boring
Old 04-1-2008, 08:41 PM   #2786
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
gooey bomb = it flashes before it explodes and also if you hit it of course it explodes >_>
"if you hit it... it explodes"

Obviously what I was referring to. What if you're charging a smash and a gooey bomb drops in front of you. Oops you just got exploded.

Quote:
smash ball = the smash ball constantly moves and some final smashes are easy to evade or to knock out
Did you even read my example? If I get KO'd by my opponent, then they get the smash ball while I'm coming back to life, then instantly KO me again at 0%, you think that's fair?

Quote:
dragoon= it can be evaded... is not that hard and actually you can just knock the parts out of the person that has the parts... with "skill"
Did you even read my example? If I get KO'd by my opponent, then they get the final piece of the Dragoon while I'm coming back to life, then instantly KO me again at 0%, you think that's fair?

Yes, Smash balls and Dragoon pieces can be combated in many instances by simply applying skill, but there are always chances of stupid bullcrap like losing 2 stocks when you really only deserved to lose 1.
Old 04-1-2008, 08:47 PM   #2787
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
"if you hit it... it explodes"

Obviously what I was referring to. What if you're charging a smash and a gooey bomb drops in front of you. Oops you just got exploded.

Did you even read my example? If I get KO'd by my opponent, then they get the smash ball while I'm coming back to life, then instantly KO me again at 0%, you think that's fair?

Did you even read my example? If I get KO'd by my opponent, then they get the final piece of the Dragoon while I'm coming back to life, then instantly KO me again at 0%, you think that's fair?

Yes, Smash balls and Dragoon pieces can be combated in many instances by simply applying skill, but there are always chances of stupid bullcrap like losing 2 stocks when you really only deserved to lose 1.
1. the chances of that happening are extremely low
2. it's fair.. if you had the skills to not get hit the first time then you wouldn't die the second one.. it's actually a strategy from your oponent
2. when you die you drop the pieces when you come back up, even donkey kong can go down fast enough to grab them again.

besides while you're invincible in the respawn you cna try and knock the final smash out of the enemy... what happens to you in these cases is fair because you were not able to avoid this situation, and seriously i never EVER lost a double stock like that... so it's your case only
Old 04-1-2008, 09:12 PM   #2788
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
1. the chances of that happening are extremely low
Funny, because if I sit down for a session of play, it happens to me at least once, if not multiple times. In a close competitive match, something as stupid as this can be the determining factor of who wins or loses.

Quote:
2. it's fair.. if you had the skills to not get hit the first time then you wouldn't die the second one.. it's actually a strategy from your oponent
Are you dense?

If the ball appears while you're scuffling, and the scuffle ends with you being KO'd, HOW IN THE **** do you stand a chance? And don't even say "hey jump down and knock it out of them before they use it lol", because any player with a brain in their head is GOING TO STAY THE **** AWAY FROM AN INVINCIBLE OPPONENT.

Quote:
2. when you die you drop the pieces when you come back up, even donkey kong can go down fast enough to grab them again.
What if you didn't have any pieces of it yourself. What if your opponent had already managed to get the first two pieces and the third came up while you were dead?

That's fair right? Basically, might as well say "hey he killed me once, that's as good as killing me twice".

Quote:
besides while you're invincible in the respawn you cna try and knock the final smash out of the enemy... what happens to you in these cases is fair because you were not able to avoid this situation, and seriously i never EVER lost a double stock like that... so it's your case only
It doesn't matter what you say. "I never EVER lost a double stock like that." I don't give two ****s about that, because there have been plenty of times I have lost a stock at 0% due to my opponent having gotten a final smash (more often than not for me, they SPAWN WITH IT), and I know that it doesn't matter if I'm at a low percent because I just respawned or if it's because I've been avoiding damage well for the past minute or so.
Old 04-1-2008, 09:25 PM   #2789
zidart
FFR Player

1. JUST STAY AWAY FROM THE FREAKING BOMBS??? IS THAT HARD TO DO?
2. well it's within the rules from the games.. and it is fair that if you couldn't get it you lose...
3. just evade it is actually easy (specially with ike)

and even if they killed you twice, maybe you should have the skills (or use the items) to make your oponent lose 2 stocks... there's always a way (unless you suck), besides is just a friendly match losing 1 is not going to kill you. what i hear from you are excuses and whinning.
Old 04-1-2008, 09:30 PM   #2790
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Why don't you two just settle this with a brawl?

It's a battle game, crazy **** happens. I played a guy yesterday and had 3 explosive boxes fall on me. Lame.

then the next game I three - zero stocked him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 09:32 PM   #2791
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Why don't you two just settle this with a brawl?

It's a battle game, crazy **** happens. I played a guy yesterday and had 3 explosive boxes fall on me. Lame.

then the next game I three - zero stocked him.
sometimes explotions might hit you (never been hit by a gooey bomb that way though) but you can always have a rematch... and i was thinking the exact same thing.

why don't we solve this with a match afrobean?
Old 04-1-2008, 09:38 PM   #2792
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Even of the people here who think that items are great would agree that they can present unfair happenings at times. You are retarded if you think these items are totally fair and that the amount of skill required to overcome them is reasonable.
Old 04-1-2008, 09:43 PM   #2793
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Even of the people here who think that items are great would agree that they can present unfair happenings at times. You are retarded if you think these items are totally fair and that the amount of skill required to overcome them is reasonable.
yes is true i never said they were 100% unfair but the situations you presented where completely fair.. why? because you failed to get the smash ball/dragoon parts, i understand that sometimes you can mess up and get hit by the final smash/ dragoon but you shouldn't whine about it because you must understand that you messed up.

but like i said.. only way to solve this is with a battle.
Old 04-1-2008, 10:14 PM   #2794
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Matches without items are ALWAYS 100% fair. It is for this reason that items are taken out of matches in order to determine who is truly the more skilled.

TO BUT IT BLUNTLY. PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO USE ITEMS DO SO BECAUSE THEY ARE LESS SKILLED. THIS ISN'T AN OPINION IT IS A FACT.

I have NEVER EVER EVER out of the countless matches i've had against people who do use items, have played against someone i could considered skilled on a tourny level. I don't give a sh1t how many people this might offends it's the goddamn truth and applies to every single one of you who use them. So why don't you come at me like i'm wrong because i'm not. And i will always be 100% sure of myself on that.
Old 04-1-2008, 10:31 PM   #2795
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Matches without items are ALWAYS 100% fair. It is for this reason that items are taken out of matches in order to determine who is truly the more skilled.

TO BUT IT BLUNTLY. PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO USE ITEMS DO SO BECAUSE THEY ARE LESS SKILLED. THIS ISN'T AN OPINION IT IS A FACT.

I have NEVER EVER EVER out of the countless matches i've had against people who do use items, have played against someone i could considered skilled on a tourny level. I don't give a sh1t how many people this might offends it's the goddamn truth and applies to every single one of you who use them. So why don't you come at me like i'm wrong because i'm not. And i will always be 100% sure of myself on that.
sadly you're wrong on that one.... remember "tripping?" let's say your about to hit someone.. you trip he/she hits you = you die, not only that there's the issue of mistakes that you might make or you might get hit by some stage related obstacle... but like i said we could talk about this all you want but a battle is what we need to prove our points.

this and many other games have always the factor of luck... with items or without them, and seriously is retarded when you measure someone's level by the rules they use to play
Old 04-1-2008, 10:33 PM   #2796
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Example of why so many people hate tourney fags. You are so damn sure of your "skill" because you eliminate any chance of something foreign being thrown in to the match. Your "skill" is in straight combat. I don't care how much you wanna claim that items create an unfair variable in fighting, hey guess what, the mark of someone who is TRULY skilled is someone who can adjust to what happens around them.

Am I saying all items are fair? Not in the least. I agree with everything Afro has been saying. But your being completely closed-minded and not to mention an ass by saying anyone that uses items are less skilled. That is an opinion. You have not challenged everyone in the world who uses items. So until you do, you can not claim that as fact.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 10:44 PM   #2797
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

You're right. Of the countless matches i've had against those who use items, they aren't even skilled enough to be considered a league below tourny level. Until i face someone who can either beat me consistently, or is better than me, who always uses items in an itemless match, i will never change my stance on the issue. Because i won't lose haha. I just won't. It won't happen. Stop giving me that adjusting crap i really really don't care. You will never see me play with items. I will never think items are fun because of how fast a match can be turned around while using them. And i will never lose to a item player in an itemless match. That's all i really care about. Don't really give a sh1t if you consider that close minded. I have pure skill to lean on in case anyone ever decides to prove me wrong.
Old 04-1-2008, 10:52 PM   #2798
zidart
FFR Player

well i'm willing to try... but to tell you the truth i do it because i'm not closed minded. however i think the real best player in the world (let alone in this forum) should be able to play under any circumstances. but for now let's play your way
Old 04-1-2008, 10:55 PM   #2799
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

So you're challenging me to a brawl?
Old 04-1-2008, 10:58 PM   #2800
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
So you're challenging me to a brawl?
well yeah i think it will be fun to play with the best player of this forum. i might not win but at least i will have fun (even though it will be itemless). unless you want to compromise and have half of our matches with items and the other half without them, if you really are that skilled you should beat me in both.