Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #241
DotKritic
Forum User

Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Persian-King View Post
on domination?
Hardcore Headquarters. I only play hardcore games.

112 kills was in Rust and 89 kills was in Scrapyard.

edit: 360: TikleMeDead

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #242
Stru
FFR Player

Matchmaking: Slow and sucky. You lose your party 95% of the time.
Melee Range: Crazy far. Everyone has commando on.
Weapons: Fairly good. They all even each other out with power, accuracy, fire rate, etc. No gun is better than the other because they all come in handy at certain maps and certain areas.
Sniping: Absolutely horrible. The worst game to snipe in ever. Dragunov is only a oneshot kill from the neck up, and it's extremely inaccurate for a sniper. WA2000 is more accurate, but seems as if it gets more hitmarkers and is harder to use. L96 I haven't gotten to use it much, but it's too damn hard to quickscope (which was my fav. thing to do in MW2).
Weapon Power: Definitely f*cked up. Too many hitmarkers with all weapons and it
doesn't seem as if there are damage multipliers.
Attachments: Pretty good. I like how certain guns have certain attachments. They were very creative too, all of them are good in their own way. Noob tube is underpowered though. I think it's power was fine in MW2 without Danger Close, but if I even attempt to use it, I have to direct impact someone in order to kill them with it (yeah I noob tube, whats good?).
Equipment: Asscheek. Pretty pointless unless your playing an objective game mode, but even then ALL of the equipment supports camping. Camera spikes, claymores being overpowered, motion sensor, etc. I think claymores and C4 should still be there, but put them as a lethal grenade like MW2.
Spawns: Absolutely horrible! 10x worse than MW2. Nuketown is the worst. I played there last night and some guy camped his ass off for gunships, then just spawn raped us. Best player on our team went 25-54, gunship boy went 112-4.
Customization: F*cking awesome. There's so much to do, I just wish I could have more classes :/
Perks: Alright
Killstreaks: Pretty good, the care package should definitely be taken out though.
Playlists: Awesome. It's great that there are different playlists for diff. game modes such as Core, Hardcore, and Barebones.
Crossbow and Balistic Knife: Very hard to use. They travel very slow from yourself to an enemy so it's tough. I'd much rather have the pistols than those pieces of crap as my secondary.

Idk, a lot of flaws still but overall it's very fun. I prefer it over MW2. It gets lots of bullsh*t, but not nearly as much as Modern Sasquatch Sh*t 2.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #243
The-Persian-King
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to The-Persian-King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
Hardcore Headquarters. I only play hardcore games.

112 kills was in Rust and 89 kills was in Scrapyard.

edit: 360: TikleMeDead
nice.
The-Persian-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #244
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

I was hoping they'd get rid of Commando..

In mw2 that's how I die the most. I played mw2 all night last night and like all day today, lol. and I'm sick of people using commando..
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #245
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

So the patch fixed my framerate bugs, and I'm consistently finishing in the top three on FFA.

Awesome.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #246
Jaw-Long
FFR Player

Played Black Ops at one of my friend's house and it's pretty nice, won't be buying though because I don't see much of a difference over mw2 except dedicated servers on PC, I already have mw2 so until the price drops, I'm sticking to mw2.
Elitist
Self-important
Trolls

The more butthurt you get about us, the more we profit from your misery.
Jaw-Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #247
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

the price hasn't dropped on mw2 yet where i live. lol
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #248
Jaw-Long
FFR Player

They dropped it on ps3 and 360: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/searc...n+warfare+2|1|
Elitist
Self-important
Trolls

The more butthurt you get about us, the more we profit from your misery.
Jaw-Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #249
DotKritic
Forum User

I'm going to wait for the price to drop for the BO prestige. Sell the game and keep the R/C.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #250
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm View Post
I was hoping they'd get rid of Commando..

In mw2 that's how I die the most. I played mw2 all night last night and like all day today, lol. and I'm sick of people using commando..
they did

there's now an assault rifle called "commando"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #251
MrMagic5239
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrMagic5239 Send a message via MSN to MrMagic5239

Ice cube would like to say, there's a care package, on the way!
Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)
MrMagic5239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #252
LoneW0lf
ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Bears ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ
FFR Veteran

Commando knife is still in the game, it's just not a perk.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #253
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stru View Post
Matchmaking: Slow and sucky. You lose your party 95% of the time.
Melee Range: Crazy far. Everyone has commando on.
Weapons: Fairly good. They all even each other out with power, accuracy, fire rate, etc. No gun is better than the other because they all come in handy at certain maps and certain areas.
Sniping: Absolutely horrible. The worst game to snipe in ever. Dragunov is only a oneshot kill from the neck up, and it's extremely inaccurate for a sniper. WA2000 is more accurate, but seems as if it gets more hitmarkers and is harder to use. L96 I haven't gotten to use it much, but it's too damn hard to quickscope (which was my fav. thing to do in MW2).
Weapon Power: Definitely f*cked up. Too many hitmarkers with all weapons and it doesn't seem as if there are damage multipliers.
Attachments: Pretty good. I like how certain guns have certain attachments. They were very creative too, all of them are good in their own way. Noob tube is underpowered though. I think it's power was fine in MW2 without Danger Close, but if I even attempt to use it, I have to direct impact someone in order to kill them with it (yeah I noob tube, whats good?).
Equipment: Asscheek. Pretty pointless unless your playing an objective game mode, but even then ALL of the equipment supports camping. Camera spikes, claymores being overpowered, motion sensor, etc. I think claymores and C4 should still be there, but put them as a lethal grenade like MW2.
Spawns: Absolutely horrible! 10x worse than MW2. Nuketown is the worst. I played there last night and some guy camped his ass off for gunships, then just spawn raped us. Best player on our team went 25-54, gunship boy went 112-4.
Customization: F*cking awesome. There's so much to do, I just wish I could have more classes :/
Perks: Alright
Killstreaks: Pretty good, the care package should definitely be taken out though.
Playlists: Awesome. It's great that there are different playlists for diff. game modes such as Core, Hardcore, and Barebones.
Crossbow and Balistic Knife: Very hard to use. They travel very slow from yourself to an enemy so it's tough. I'd much rather have the pistols than those pieces of crap as my secondary.

Idk, a lot of flaws still but overall it's very fun. I prefer it over MW2. It gets lots of bullsh*t, but not nearly as much as Modern Sasquatch Sh*t 2.
Your complaints are a bit rough.

Matchmaking isn't bad unless you have a party of three or more and it's obvious as to why for the time being (still new) and in the future.

Sniping is pretty bad but it does even up the game. Realistic is a better way to put it. I enjoyed quick scoping but it's overused and un-realistic which is why I really don't give a ****, I don't snipe anyways.

Noobtubes are perfect. No more random ******s with no skill running and getting kills. It was overused too much in MW2 by far.

Spawns... I agree. There's too much spawning behind wherever you are.

Crossbows, ballistic knife and tomahawk are balanced well to be honest. After playing sticks and stones it just takes timing to figure out when and where to use it.

Equipments... Half agree.
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #254
LoneW0lf
ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Bears ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ
FFR Veteran

Theater mode <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDjFWvZ12pQ
Old 11-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #255
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
but it's too damn hard to quickscope (which was my fav. thing to do in MW2).
I think quickscoping wasn't really meant to be a part of the game anyway. They knew it was possible I just don't think the developers thought it could be useful if you practiced. TBH in the right hands quickscoping is very OP.

Quote:
Weapon Power: Definitely f*cked up. Too many hitmarkers with all weapons and it doesn't seem as if there are damage multipliers.
What do you mean by damage multipliers? Also why is it worse if it takes more (and not a whole lot more) to kill somebody? It's not like this is suppose to be exactly like MW2 just with the stuff you don't like taken out.

Quote:
Noob tube is underpowered though. I think it's power was fine in MW2 without Danger Close, but if I even attempt to use it, I have to direct impact someone in order to kill them with it (yeah I noob tube, whats good?).
Holy **** no the tube was OP as **** in MW2. All it takes is a shot in a GENERAL DIRECTION to kill somebody. I only never used them cause I knew they were OP and ruined the game.

Quote:
Crossbow and Balistic Knife: Very hard to use. They travel very slow from yourself to an enemy so it's tough. I'd much rather have the pistols than those pieces of crap
After you get used to them you'll probably understand how good they are but I still prefer my pistol in my my classes so I can pull out a gun real fast if I"m out of ammo and unload.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #256
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Bought the game because I sold my bass today, gonna go play all night <3
Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #257
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

All my opinion only!

Campaign - Well it was easy to beat. Took me 5 hours straight and I didnt really buy the game for the campaign and so I didnt really care for it. I wouldnt know if it was good or not becuase its not something I really get the game for. The story plot was good though .

Zombies - Kino Der Untoten is awesome, "Five" is stupid, and dead ops arcade is a cool new kind of way to play zombies but gets boring fast. I hate the stupid china lake, law, ballistic knife, and crossbow that you can get from the random box becuase all 4 of those weapons are under powered or have low ammunition. The new scientist zombie guy who takes your weapon and gives you ammo afterwards is REALLY GAY. The new crawling zombies are a little annoying due to the fact that there are a lot of them. Would have been better if they limited the amount of crawling zombies there were in a round. Also you run out of ammo too fast in both maps and you constantly have to either get a new guy or buy ammo which causes you never to get perks and other things. I hope some multi-gun glitches will be found and stay permanent for the maps.

Multiplayer - Weapons are awesome except that the shotguns are a little to weak. Just barely too weak but not much. There probably still fine where they are at though but I wont be using it ever. Sniping is gay now. I am a huge quick scoping fan because I find it fun. It is the only thing that kept me from selling MW2. Its stupid how first of all you get too many hit markers with the snipers, second it is limited to how fast you can shoot the semi automatic snipers, and third the aiming for the snipers is rediculously hard!!! I think people are already lag switching the game becuase I am starting to lag a lot now through the entire match and its gets so annoying. I wish the progress bar for how far you are to leveling up was still at the bottom of your screen but now you have to press start to see it. Contracts and COD Points are both an awesome new system. Wager Matches are amazingly fun!!! But bankrupting with the tomahawk is overpowering because its to easy to use. I wish they still had the game mode War.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #258
L_eMo_N
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to L_eMo_N

I really enjoy the addition of adding a 2nd controller to online play. A lot better than buying a 2nd PS3 just to party up with my brother
L_eMo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #259
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

First time playing the game at my friends house last night, game is easy as **** on PC.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #260
MrMagic5239
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrMagic5239 Send a message via MSN to MrMagic5239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
First time playing the game at my friends house last night, game is easy as **** on PC.
A large portion of PC gamers still play things like Counter Strike and such. No offense to the PC users of Black Ops, but I'd say there is more competition on the console version, mainly for that reason.

Any competitive player on PC version is probably still playing Counter Strike because they are good at it. I know I wouldn't quit a game if I was good at it, just play another game :P
Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)
MrMagic5239 is offline   Reply With Quote