Old 12-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #241
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222 View Post
danceguy

you're playing the human advocate really well, but it is coming across as intentional. the post above only highlights the gut feeling I've had with your posts. Seemingly human-sounding rhetoric that doesn't actually accomplish anything.

That is the Dancey's Modus Operandi.
see i had a bad logic thought about danceguy being wolfy, because he didn't attack me at all or even mention me as wolfy, kind of making the right read because im human. either he's on the same page as me and actually understands, or he has tmi and is setting up a right read.

dunno yet tho tbh just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 12-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #242
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

jrodd I wasn't on the same page as you to be honest. was pretty confused by what you were doing until you explained it further.

Quote:
you're playing the human advocate really well, but it is coming across as intentional.
hmm I seem to recall you saying the same thing in the orbs game

Quote:
the post above only highlights the gut feeling I've had with your posts. Seemingly human-sounding rhetoric that doesn't actually accomplish anything.
it's only rhetoric to the extent that I can't do anything about it. charu can keep talking about jrodd through this whole day phase if he wants to. if that happens then I'll keep making the same request to investigate elsewhere for now.

Quote:
That is the Dancey's Modus Operandi.
lol what? my win condition isn't to get lynched. that's all I meant.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #243
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
can we stop wasting time by only talking about someone who has claimed lynchproof for this phase please
I don't see the problem of talking about a weird move and trying to understand it exactly why he chose to tell everyone about it instead of not saying anything. Maybe I am thinking way too much into j-rodd's intentions of publicly saying he lied, I just find it super weird and concerning.

It concerns me also that no one else appears to share the same sentiments except for mellon. Does no one else think it's weird to only say you lied because you wanted everyone to know you can't be lynched today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #244
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Gradiant, I see you lurking, what do you think? You haven't talked much.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #245
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I don't see the problem of talking about a weird move and trying to understand it exactly why he chose to tell everyone about it instead of not saying anything. Maybe I am thinking way too much into j-rodd's intentions of publicly saying he lied, I just find it super weird and concerning.

It concerns me also that no one else appears to share the same sentiments except for mellon. Does no one else think it's weird to only say you lied because you wanted everyone to know you can't be lynched today?
lol ur being weird, i wasn't holding an alarm saying hey guys look at me i lied give me attention, i was letting people know i had a power. keep looking if you wish idc.

and the second part is wrong you can go back and read the thread to find out it is wrong. i wasn't going to reveal my power initially, but i was a bit fed up early on and was going to focus elsewhere.

in summary, all this is wrong and idk where ur head is at :S yikes

Quote:
wow
Old 12-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #246
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Gradiant, I see you lurking, what do you think? You haven't talked much.
Looks like I'm lurking because I'm writing up a post, don't worry
Old 12-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #247
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

But that's just the thing I don't understand.

You're saying you just want everyone to know you have a power.

I'm saying it's pretty fucking weird to do that because apparently, according to you, all your power does is block a lynch. Why the FUCK was it imperative for us to know if it doesn't help anyone but you?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #248
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Like, I'm legit mad.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #249
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:

Think about it like this.

J-rodd's ploy was to initially see who would bandwagon onto him with little effort. With that he could see people intentionally bandwagoning and people tying to put thought into their votes. This would create a player distinction which he hopes will allow him to find some wolves.

I'd imagine as a wolf he wouldn't come out into the open so much and make such a big scene. Wolves don't really want to be the center of attention because it gets them lynched more often than not. Maybe he's a wolf and he's using the lynchguard as protection for this ploy, but it would seem a lot easier to just do none of this from the start.

The thought process from the human side follows, there really doesn't seem to be a point from the wolf side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #250
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
including how you eventually got to thinking im human but your vote remains and now it's back to being "more telling" which is just lazy imo. you can't lynch me today get owned
I don't think you are reading my posts properly. I was explaining why I voted when I voted, my train of thought isn't "back to" anything. I haven't taken my vote off of you because I don't see anyone else who is a better candidate, and I never wanted to lynch you but just to put pressure on you and see how you reacted (which worked perfectly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 12-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #251
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm kind of confused as to what the point of the whole deal is, J-rodd. If you were really green, then your supposed power wouldn't be necessary unless you decide you'd like to make a complete ass of yourself just to take advantage of the power, which it appears you are doing right now. Otherwise, you could just...you know, not get aggressively defensive and target people questioning your silly play. Then people wouldn't vote for you and there would be no reason to post like you have been. All you are doing for me is ensuring that next day phase my vote will be going right on you (at least until something more serious comes up). Not because of a strong possibility of you being a wolf maybe, but because otherwise, your way of posting is completely unnecessary and not helping at all towards any sort of cause as far as I can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
WRONG. Wolves all know eachother to be trustworthy, and if wolves were paired, trusting gave any wolf pairs the highest chance of getting powers. So while possible, it seems statistically unlikely that a wolf pairing would result in a mutual betrayal. And the second-to-last sentence just seems kind of weaselly to me. It seems to suggest that there's something inherently wrong with the idea that you and Gradiant are wolves, which there isn't. It's a possibility that needs to be considered like anything else.
You are forgetting in your first sentence that Manti thought he would use the assumed power better than me, which I would probably have to agree with (no matter what the power is, he is a veteran player and would know more of what to do with whatever he got). In your second sentence, nobody is saying anything about a mutual betrayal, and it never happened, seeing as how I trusted. Not sure exactly why you would bring that point up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
J-rodd's ploy was to initially see who would bandwagon onto him with little effort. With that he could see people intentionally bandwagoning and people tying to put thought into their votes. This would create a player distinction which he hopes will allow him to find some wolves.
The problem with this is that naturally people are going to be drawn to a silly play like that. As far as I could see, nobody was really 'bandwagoning', just voting (seeing as how it appears the majority of the players are all gung-ho about 'lynch all liars'). And this resulted in a very poor manner of posting by J-rodd as a response, in which case, how else are people supposed to think about him?

As for now, going to place a vote on Rune because he hasn't said anything yet and that worries me just a tad.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #252
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I'd imagine as a wolf he wouldn't come out into the open so much and make such a big scene. Wolves don't really want to be the center of attention because it gets them lynched more often than not. Maybe he's a wolf and he's using the lynchguard as protection for this ploy, but it would seem a lot easier to just do none of this from the start.

The thought process from the human side follows, there really doesn't seem to be a point from the wolf side.
Well then I must be either grasping impossible straws or I'm not seeing the bigger picture. That's what I'm pretty much getting at. There is a point to all of this if he's a wolf.

j-rodd publicly tells he lied, gets reaction, defends himself, people question why, he gives answer, appears human because why would wolves do that, tells his power, the power only protects him, continues to say he wanted everyone to know, appears more human if people do lynch him and he was right, pretty much becomes a strong green hen and will probably maintain that strong green.

See, that's my thought process in a nutshell. Sure, j-rodd could be human and he's doing this so he would be the most trusting person in this game, but I can very much see a wolf doing this and earning that same trust so that he could possibly get more powers.

That's why I'm so fucking confused on why he's saying he lied. Especially now because of his power he got. Ask yourself, why would someone say they have a power, and then only to tell you later that the power only protects them?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #253
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
the problem I have is that you're spending time talking about someone who did something you found "weird" during a phase when we apparently cannot lynch this person. it's like if you had a math exam tomorrow but you're too busy fretting over an art project that's due next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I was explaining why I voted when I voted, my train of thought isn't "back to" anything.
I think jrodd meant that you said earlier that jrodd's actions made him seem kinda human to you, but you haven't moved your vote at all and now you're saying he's the wolfiest player right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
All you are doing for me is ensuring that next day phase my vote will be going right on you (at least until something more serious comes up). Not because of a strong possibility of you being a wolf maybe, but because otherwise, your way of posting is completely unnecessary and not helping at all towards any sort of cause as far as I can see.
tip: that is not a good strategy to win the game (if you're a human).
Old 12-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #254
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

k i'm home from school now, have my Orchestra concert at 6. Looking around at stuff.

Tokzic, that 75/25% post was mine, and I realized how stupid it sounded once #okigetitfojar was thrown in, since my post was before that.

I believe it was Silvuh who asked me to elaborate on what I meant by Bodyguard. My Bodyguard role allowed me to choose a player who, if they were chosen to be killed, would be protected, and my life would be taken instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #255
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Also, I could only use the power that night.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #256
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Sorry, it was BDN who wanted me to reiterate my power of Bodyguard

---

K so Jrodd talks ALOT.

I don't think we should lynch him today. Either he tells us what his power is today, or we wait until tomorrow. If he refuses to tell us even then, that's when we go after him. Especially after that "I can't die" post. I think he's trying to say that the power he was given is crucial, and he shouldn't be killed before he uses it. However, I don't like the idea of saying that without telling us what the power is, since now we're left in the dark, and the wolves (assuming he's a human) know he has an allegedly dangerous power. They're going to want that taken care of I would imagine.

Also, lingering on one person really isn't going to get us anywhere. We need everyone talking about everyone.

Charu, don't make the same mistake I did in an earlier game I don't quite remember of focusing all of my energy into one individual person. You're going to lose sight of the true purpose of the humans -- to eliminate all wolves -- and instead be blinded by your necessity to kill one person who, for all we know, could potentially be human. If we lynched jrodd and he flipped human, that would leave you with nothing, and you might be someone people look at suspiciously.

^^ That is believing Charu is human. I don't think so.

(Reiterated Vote) Charu, I think you're INTENTIONALLY dragging attention away from other wolves and throwing it onto a human who is posting awkwardly. I think you WANT everyone to be blinded by the arbitrary necessity to kill jrodd. Are we all forgetting that last game, as a human, Charu himself LIED by fake claiming Seer? He did it for HUMAN benefit. Now that someone else has done it though, that's out the window, huh?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #257
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

That's because last game, we had an alliance going. They came to me and asked me to lie on their behalf to protect. This is different, this is someone lying and possibly still lying because he wants to protect himself and himself only.

...I'll admit, with my anger, I actually didn't think that he could be lying about being lynchproof for protecting something much greater. But then, you have to think about this. What could the wolves do, since according to this game (as far as I know since no one has corrected me), all powers go away next twilight unless there's an odd number of people and whoever that odd number is gets a 50% chance of keeping their previous power. That can't happen because 2 humans died so the odd number thing won't happen this coming twilight. Are you saying wolves can wolf someone in the day phase?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #258
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

...Wait..

Roleblocker.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #259
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
But that's just the thing I don't understand.

You're saying you just want everyone to know you have a power.

I'm saying it's pretty fucking weird to do that because apparently, according to you, all your power does is block a lynch. Why the FUCK was it imperative for us to know if it doesn't help anyone but you?
i wasn't trying to make a big deal of it lol, sure it wasn't necessary but i shared my result from the night. not everything has some deep motive, i was just sharing i got a power, i could have easily not have. it's only a big deal because ur making it a big deal. it was not imperative, i wasn't sitting here for 5 hours debating on if i should share or not. giving the results of the night phase, it really is not some huge issue

Quote:
wow
Old 12-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #260
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Okay, nevermind, wow, I didn't think about that.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Closed Thread