Old 10-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #2481
TWG Yoshi
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CXXIV: Super Smash Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG King Dedede View Post
COULD SEE IT AS*

YOSHI PLZ DON'T GO caps
i'm not going.. i'll see eod through. i am tired though so i'm not thinking clearly and I also can't think of anything worth noting that has happened yet. :P
Old 10-30-2014, 10:19 PM   #2482
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

PIT, COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE USING OR WHERE YOU ARE LOOKING TO INFORM YOUR DECISION FOR THIS LYNCH? caps
Old 10-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #2483
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Pit View Post
woah activity this is sweet.

hey yoshi
Pit, where are you at presently with Link, Villager, and Yoshi?
Old 10-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #2484
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

ninja'd by the capsmaster himself.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #2485
TWG Yoshi
FFR Player

oh hey pit didn't see you there

hiii :3/
Old 10-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #2486
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

Okay, I got my Yoshi post, so here's my Link post.

Link was in and out of my humans pile early game but when I look back, all the posts that made me think he was human make just as much sense when you consider them from a Link-is-a-wolf perspective:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Link View Post
pikachu, you had better have something worthwhile to say before i slash you until youre knocked out

you see, my sword is steel type, so your thunder type moves are only half as effective

Or ask for you to be replaced. Whichever comes first.

Bowser, the point Villager's making is that Ike's post was to be interpreted as a joke.
This is an interesting post of Link's because it's echoing a common sentiment ("Pikachu, please play the game!"), but one that ended up being in the wolves best interest. It makes sense for red Link to be threatening to get Pikachu replaced if he doesn't start being a team player.

Quote:
That being said, it probably is 6 Wolves at the start of the game, but I still want it verified.
This post after he stated with certainty how many wolves there were rubs me wrong. I knew how ratios worked as well, and so I honestly didn't care whether it was verified, I knew how many wolves were in the game. Seems like an "oh maybe I'd be more human if I..." afterthought.

Quote:
Contradiction is contradictory.
He said this equally vaguely about what I said multiple times, even after I had described what I meant more in detail to him, and it was the only point of fuel he used to start a wagon on me until the first time my humanity really shone through.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with Charizard's reasoning. Bowser and Pikachu sound like good people to go after for our next lynches. My Internet's still being terrible, but I'm going to review posts when it takes less than 5 minutes to load a page.
This post looks great and all, except for the timing. This post is the first time Link had ever said a negative word about Bowser, and it took place IMMEDIATELY after Bowser gave up. I feel like this is a wolf who is bussing the partners he finds are playing inadequately.

All of the above posts read consistently with this theory.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:30 PM   #2487
TWG Pit
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Villager View Post
anyways ill see what you have to say because im definitely not a wolf lol

but yoshi is and now am thinking after all this time it could be pit since pit was so easy to suddenly sway about link being a wolf like LOL
are you kidding

When I responded to Greninja at first, it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously at all. I said I was inclined to follow his lead because his posts seemed town-like and I didn't know what I was doing so I was like, "pls help." It was also 5 AM my time guys wowowowowow ok

This isn't a "vacillating opinion." Heck, I still said I wanted to believe that Link was town and said why. Demonstrating that I'm willing to accept new information or whatever the hell I'm trying to say... is wolfy???? Because what you're accusing me of doing now is having a thought process that I would at least never think of faking as a wolf. Because I honestly did once in one of my first games and it was a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Little Mac View Post
You did this exact same thing when I started to consider Yoshi. I don't know whether to read your vacillating opinions so readily as an overly confused town or wolf looking for a "reason" to conveniently switch your direction multiple times. Either way, I don't like it and you should build some sort of case (Even if you're sure you're some high percentage wrong?) Your interactions with Yoshi just make it that I can't readily place you together.
I'm not sure when this happened. I had a case on Yoshi in D1; it wasn't created after you made a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mega Man View Post
Greninja reads very human to me unless I see an Oracle counterclaim, and I think Greninja made some points worth considering.
but can you counterclaim in a game where you don't know how much of a certain role there is

that's kinda why his claim troubles me, but I mean meeehhhh

WOAH THERE'S MORE POSTS ALRIGHT I'M GETTING TO IT
Old 10-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #2488
TWG Yoshi
FFR Player

Guys I'm really sorry, I'm having a really hard time staying awake. I'll try to catch EOD when it happens but I'm not gonna be able to actively refresh and respond and stuff. Talk to you in the mornin if I'm still alive. snore

i might be here at the last few minutes tho
Old 10-30-2014, 10:32 PM   #2489
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

Quote:
This post after he stated with certainty how many wolves there were rubs me wrong. I knew how ratios worked as well, and so I honestly didn't care whether it was verified, I knew how many wolves were in the game. Seems like an "oh maybe I'd be more human if I..." afterthought.
XIZ HAD INITIALLY POSTED THE RATIO INCORRECTLY, AND SO KNOWING HOW RATIOS WORK IS EXACTLY WHERE THE CONFUSION LIED. NOT SAYING I THINK IT'S SUPER TOWN OR ANYTHING, BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S WORTH LOOKING AT.

Quote:
This post looks great and all, except for the timing. This post is the first time Link had ever said a negative word about Bowser, and it took place IMMEDIATELY after Bowser gave up. I feel like this is a wolf who is bussing the partners he finds are playing inadequately.
MAKES SENSE TO LOOK FOR THIS KIND OF THING, I KINDA LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING, BUT IT'S RIGHT AFTER KIRBY'S CLAIM AND THE FOX LYNCH. CALLING PIKACHU IN THAT POST AS WELL IS JUST A BIT ODD TO ME, BUT THE TIMING FOR THAT CHANGE OF MIND ON BOWSER WORKS JUST FINE I THINK. caps
Old 10-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #2490
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG King Dedede View Post
XIZ HAD INITIALLY POSTED THE RATIO INCORRECTLY, AND SO KNOWING HOW RATIOS WORK IS EXACTLY WHERE THE CONFUSION LIED. NOT SAYING I THINK IT'S SUPER TOWN OR ANYTHING, BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S WORTH LOOKING AT.
That's not my memory of the situation.

My memory of the situation was that Xiz posted the correct ratio, someone else who doesn't know how ratios work "corrected" it, and then Link made his post clearing things up saying that the ratio was right all along and the only thing wrong was others' interpretation of how mathematics work.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #2491
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

Quote:
Xiz, clarify the ratio for 24 players if possible, please! Since having a 1:4 wolf to town ratio isn't possible in this case.
I WASN'T THERE SO I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE, BUT I ASSUMED THIS WAS A RESPONSE TO WHAT XIZ HAD IN THE OP. caps
Old 10-30-2014, 10:42 PM   #2492
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

Quote:
but can you counterclaim in a game where you don't know how much of a certain role there is

that's kinda why his claim troubles me, but I mean meeehhhh
You absolutely can.

A lot of those roles it is very clear there can only be 1 of maximum, simply because 2 would be unbalanced.

Examples include: Seer, Bomb, Gunsmith, and oh yeah - Oracle. Complete cardflip on death, in a game with a Gunsmith? There is no way we get more than 1 of those. And I believe Greninja, because I don't think a wolf would fakeclaim it first, since the chance of there being 1 of each role is a lot higher than 0. The only role we don't have confirmed knowledge of there being at least 1 of so far is Guardian. I'm going ahead and assuming 1 of each role.

If someone else has the Oracle power and they've been thinking "oh, maybe there's two of us!": Absolutely not, there's no way, come forward if you're out there.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #2493
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm not sure when this happened. I had a case on Yoshi in D1; it wasn't created after you made a post.
I meant that you were ready to switch your vote on the Meta Knight lynch and after considering it you figured it would be too impulsive to vote Yoshi.

I didn't mean that it's the first time you've suspected Yoshi in the game.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #2494
TWG Pit
FFR Player

Sweet alright guys so this is where I'm at:

I'm okay with Little Mac because he looks like he's making an effort at this game. P much CTRL + C, but after Zelda's death once I had to get off of that mess it was one of the first things that popped into my head

Dedede I really don't know. Your posting's okay and nothing has really stood out to me other than what I said (which in hindsight now that I know Meta Knight's town is probably useless), so I'm willing to not think about you for a while

Yoshi's here. And it's weird because he hasn't posted much so he's still this blank spot on the map that now that we're down to what 8? players I don't feel like taking a chance on him now. He's leaving holy crap if we take down a wolf this phase I'm sorry but I'm gonna kinda leave my vote on you for a while =(((

Link is someone that won't die this phase but troubles me a little with the points that Greninja brought up, but at the same time with what I said earlier he's still town-ish to me

Villager..... Your playing style is not what I'd expect when you're town. Especially with Zelda having flipped human, I wouldn't mind seeing you gone today.

Greninja...

ok megaman i'm an oracle let's shake things up
Old 10-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #2495
TWG Pit
FFR Player

this is why I was being so derpy this game omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't PR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #2496
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

But I believe Greninja, and I know wolves don't have the balls to fakeclaim again, so don't count on any counterclaims.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #2497
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

DA FUCK. caps
Old 10-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #2498
TWG Pit
FFR Player

8)
Old 10-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #2499
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

Okay.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #2500
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

Wait, did I just get ninjaed by the wolves having the balls to counterclaim?

Oh this is getting interesting.
Closed Thread