Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #2381
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
InDHeart what happened to the cute excel chart saying alignments? was I right about it being a faked effort post
afaik alignments haven't changed all that much while they've been around but aren't you being a bit hypocritical about EfFoRt anyways?
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #2382
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Hello boys and girls and friends,

I'm sorry but I only care about TILOCO right now.

I want to hear a few things about our resident sketchy PR claimer, because I'm confused on one end and frustrated on the other, with both bleeding into each other to further them both.

So I'm going to list out some things I want answered; if you want them answered too, then reply to this and say so, so that he knows that there's more people who want it heard, and so that we can be sure it's not just me coming up with bad ideas. Si est good, ya?

1) Why did you use mystic last night?
I think I'm more curious here than anything of why you went with this over your guardian power.

2) Why did you cause the fuss over your mystic power?
I'd expect either to not claim your second power as you said you were going to on previous day, or to ride the wave from saving someone to explain the lack of NK's.

3) What was the number of actions last night?
It's a case of this potentially proving useful to us later down the road, or potentially now even, and I don't see what kind of harm it can bring you.

couple questions for him not entirely related to him being this kooky spooky blue role, but hey may as well ask them now while I hopefully have his attention!!!

4) When I gave my big effortpost of reads, you commented wanting to hear other people talk about it first, without you saying much ever.
I may have missed it, but I want to hear your thoughts on that. I know it's post-blind by now, but assume not much has changed for the sake of simplicity. If you mentioned something, well golly gee it just didn't leave an impact and I'd want to hear more as well as quoting the original.

5) If the power you claim is true and fine and dandy, what about that DanceGuy post?
This is more to hear where your headspace is at. You fake claimed originally and it gave a bit of an explanation for that ominous DanceGuy post (occasional success = "Maybe try something... different?"), but now the angel role leads me to believe that can't be it. Do you have an idea of the powers in the game right now, sir? Because the explanation does somewhat fit the role I think, not perfectly but hey, for a supposed bullshitted power it fits better than I'd expect, almost as if you have some knowledge of the gimmicks.

on a non-tiloco tunneling note:
InDHeart what happened to the cute excel chart saying alignments? was I right about it being a faked effort post
Quote:
Hello boys and girls and friends,

I'm sorry but I only care about TILOCO right now.

I want to hear a few things about our resident sketchy PR claimer, because I'm confused on one end and frustrated on the other, with both bleeding into each other to further them both.

So I'm going to list out some things I want answered; if you want them answered too, then reply to this and say so, so that he knows that there's more people who want it heard, and so that we can be sure it's not just me coming up with bad ideas. Si est good, ya?

1) Why did you use mystic last night?
I think I'm more curious here than anything of why you went with this over your guardian power.

2) Why did you cause the fuss over your mystic power?
I'd expect either to not claim your second power as you said you were going to on previous day, or to ride the wave from saving someone to explain the lack of NK's.

3) What was the number of actions last night?
It's a case of this potentially proving useful to us later down the road, or potentially now even, and I don't see what kind of harm it can bring you.

couple questions for him not entirely related to him being this kooky spooky blue role, but hey may as well ask them now while I hopefully have his attention!!!

4) When I gave my big effortpost of reads, you commented wanting to hear other people talk about it first, without you saying much ever.
I may have missed it, but I want to hear your thoughts on that. I know it's post-blind by now, but assume not much has changed for the sake of simplicity. If you mentioned something, well golly gee it just didn't leave an impact and I'd want to hear more as well as quoting the original.

5) If the power you claim is true and fine and dandy, what about that DanceGuy post?
This is more to hear where your headspace is at. You fake claimed originally and it gave a bit of an explanation for that ominous DanceGuy post (occasional success = "Maybe try something... different?"), but now the angel role leads me to believe that can't be it. Do you have an idea of the powers in the game right now, sir? Because the explanation does somewhat fit the role I think, not perfectly but hey, for a supposed bullshitted power it fits better than I'd expect, almost as if you have some knowledge of the gimmicks.

yes
Old 05-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #2383
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

even quoted it twice
Old 05-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #2384
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
afaik alignments haven't changed all that much while they've been around but aren't you being a bit hypocritical about EfFoRt anyways?
well you see

Quote:
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #2385
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
well you see
Quote:
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #2386
Celirra
FFR Player

anyways soundwave

any feedback on the rest of that post bub
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #2387
Celirra
FFR Player

if you hit me with another thinking emoji it better be a really good one!
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #2388
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Old 05-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #2389
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

thinking emoji quota met for the rest of the game how about an actual post soundwave
Old 05-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #2390
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
if you hit me with another thinking emoji it better be a really good one!

Gotchu fam.

I'm honestly going to leave answering 3 to tiloco. I'd like to hear it, but the utility of the answer to town, wolves, and clearing himself all depend on what the answer actually is. That being said, tiloco, you are at risk, your info could be useful, and hearing something that we can potentially confirm looks good on you. Choose wisely.

The other questions I won't comment on. It's important tiloco answers them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
how about an actual post soundwave
no, いいえ, нет.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #2391
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
oh no it was real bub, and that's also why i had a few posts with timewarpy quotes - i was crawling back through those pages to get people's reads

i checked against it as we were deciding yesterday's lynch and it seemed to be in line with people's suspicions, and one positive out of lynching blind is people oughta reset those suspicions since he was widely scumread. inb4 xiz tells me he'd have to be town because of it but shrug emoji

---

i also did some thinking about the setup because haku dying is still a little bizarre, and the reason might be related to role guessing more likely than name guessing, based on blind flipping Sumia. people would figure that a neighbor flipped so there has to be another one, is basically my thought process there, and haku's post speculating on what character the neighbor could be could also be a contributing factor

reasons this could be unlikely:
- game has nonstandard role names ("John Doe"?)
- tiloco has been able to claim powers openly and not die for it

if tiloco has a mystic power i'm not very surprised that the number would be high and i still don't feel great about trading clears for pelts
Old 05-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #2392
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
reasons this could be unlikely:
- game has nonstandard role names ("John Doe"?)
- tiloco has been able to claim powers openly and not die for it
Add "Haku not living is basically a meme" to that list

It's who killed Haku, not why.

Actually the answer is probably "wolves" and "because Haku might have done some shit".
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #2393
Celirra
FFR Player

Is anyone else starting to lean soundwave more away from being wolf or is it just me
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #2394
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Soundwave is my top town.

Wait a minute.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #2395
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Is it... a parity play? Seems like a day early for that. I dunno lol.
tell me what this means please

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
Actually this is all just too interesting now. I can pass on another hour of sleep.

My other power is Mystic. If I choose to use it than I find out how many actions were performed that night (not including my own). I am not going to reveal how many it was but it was a larger number than I expected. My opinion is that pretty much everyone should out today and then I can confirm that the right number of actions happened. Doing it in that order makes fake claiming a lot harder for the mafia. Although that relies on you guys believing I'm town so I'm not completely opposed to telling the number of actions first and then having outs. Regardless I think we are far enough in the game that mass claim should happen. Keep in mind that I have a medic ability that stops someone from dying from anything but lynching (and I guess mod killing). Definitely can't save myself btw.

With how high my mystic number was I really doubt that the mafia didn't attack anyone. That means that someone had a way to make a save. Interesting and I wouldn't have believed it without this number. I'd imagine it's a one-shot ability. O
of course remember to factor in the antitown actions could be as many as, like, 5 if there's a 3p and wolves all have roles, and it's why a high number wouldn't surprise me

---

keeping with the theme of my posts, btw, whatever roles were involved in stopping the kills should NOT try to counterclaim tiloco, i think. it's potentially not a counterclaim because mystery gaaame
Old 05-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #2396
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
tell me what this means please
This is parity in the mathematical sense. Wolves can choose to no kill to control the mathematics of the end game. In a simple scenario even numbers of players favor wolves (hence the tactic being named after "parity") but in a mystery game roles that can prevent kills and how many kills there are at night are both factors as well.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #2397
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Add "Haku not living is basically a meme" to that list

It's who killed Haku, not why.

Actually the answer is probably "wolves" and "because Haku might have done some shit".
still think roundbox is a wolf kill and haku's kill came from somewhere else

3 reasons for that:
- people who have played with haku could consider it an advantage to take him to endgame expecting him to be very wrong or do something silly (Haku is Forever bad tier plays), so the only advantage he'd get from being confirmed is that he'd not be under consideration himself
- he was getting widely townread and keeping up with the thread, even if he wasn't posting a lot in this game, which i only see as a valid wolf target if they expect to not be able to take him down any other way (basically IC tier)
- he did solving which seemed like he could be the one to discover a potential setup gimmick on his own, but having the gimmick spoiled seems like it would be low on the wolf priority list unless it breaks the game open
Old 05-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #2398
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
<stuff>
Meh. I dunno, there's a lot of "wolves should keep Haku alive" and I'd be inclined to agree but I've yet to see it happen. I'm sure at this point you can probably meta read wolves on whether or not they would consider keeping Haku alive but that's outside my realm of experience.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #2399
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
This is parity in the mathematical sense. Wolves can choose to no kill to control the mathematics of the end game. In a simple scenario even numbers of players favor wolves (hence the tactic being named after "parity") but in a mystery game roles that can prevent kills and how many kills there are at night are both factors as well.
10 alive, today is 7-3 or 6-3-1 if there's a 3p

if wolves got a kill off, say they hit a town, we'd be at 6-3 or 5-3-1

related to the occam's razor comments earlier, there's no reason to play this fancily imo - i don't think they have a way of saving an anticlaim kill besides just not submitting it or something

i guess the thing worth foiling on then is whether they already know tiloco's role and character and are just fucking with us by not submitting that already
Old 05-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #2400
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
10 alive, today is 7-3 or 6-3-1 if there's a 3p

if wolves got a kill off, say they hit a town, we'd be at 6-3 or 5-3-1

related to the occam's razor comments earlier, there's no reason to play this fancily imo - i don't think they have a way of saving an anticlaim kill besides just not submitting it or something

i guess the thing worth foiling on then is whether they already know tiloco's role and character and are just fucking with us by not submitting that already
Lynches are to be considered, and it's about voting, so you put 3p with town from the wolf perspective. Assume 1 lynch and 1 kill, wolves get to end on 3-3 in 2 days which is really good.

The one thing to consider is that their no kill did move them from a 4-3 mylo, they added a day, which is probably why tiloco suspects another medic if he isn't lying about using mystic.

I don't think trying to force an even end is a tactic that's useful in this scenario unless we're actually hot on the tail of all of the wolves, but I was just throwing it out as a potential expectation.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Closed Thread