Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-1-2008, 06:31 PM   #221
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWC Rules, Policies, Etc.

didn't they cheat? that would be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
You delined authority when it was offered to you. Don't go and act like you want it now =P
oh no

I'm still influential ;(
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 06:32 PM   #222
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Yeah, but after reading the rules, they're saying that you have to be recommended by a host or the TWC, which implies that it goes through a vote as well.
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 06:33 PM   #223
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
didn't they cheat? that would be a problem.

oh no

I'm still influential ;(
no one cares what you say

ps. loldrama

flawofhumanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 06:39 PM   #224
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

My account was hacked, but I didn't cheat. It could've happened to anyone in the game. And Xception, it's the other hosts faults. You're perfectly qualifed for TWG. Ask people I hosted before, I'll do it properly. I also give an analysis of the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 06:54 PM   #225
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawofhumanity View Post
no one cares what you say
;_;
Old 04-1-2008, 07:18 PM   #226
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

1a. Players are not allowed to edit/delete their posts for ANY reason. Moderators are allowed to edit/delete anyone's posts, given acceptable reasons why. Moderators are allowed to delete posts by users not in the current TWG who post in the thread.

1b. If the host gives asks a moderator to delete certain post(s), then it can be permitted. Absolutely NO player can delete/edit their posts while participating a j/TWG game AT ALL.

2.One death post may be allowed by the person killed during the Night phase. This post must be brief, and contain no information about the game. A player who is lynched, during the Day, may not post again after they are killed. If a person is insta'd during the Day phase, that person cannot post after he or she has been insta'd. The penatly for breaking this rule is as follows:
1st offence: Warning
2nd offence: Game ban
3rd offence: 2 game ban
4th offence: 3 game ban
etc etc..

3a. Players are not allowed to reveal their PMs or conversations with the host to anyone else. This includes (and is not limited) to: forwarding the PM to any other player, showing a screenshot of the PM, or copypasta'ing the PM info into the thread or to another player. Players are not allowed to reveal conversations - with the Host - relating to the game to any other player. Players may not post screenshots of conversations they have with other players that are not involved in the current j/TWG.

3b. Players are allowed to share pms sent from one player to another player.

3c. Players are allowed to fake AIM conversations.

4a. An Insta-Lynch is considered MORE than 50% of all votes on any given day. Phantom votes are considered a minimal fraction of a vote for all intensive purposes (ex. .001 of a vote). If there are 7 players and no phantoms, 4 is needed for an Insta. If there are 8 players and no phantoms, 5 is needed. If there are 7 players + 1 phantom (7.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (3 real + phantom = 3.001, which is not greater than 50%). If there are 8 players + 1 phantom (8.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (4.001 is greater than 50% of 8.001).

4b. Rule for multiple phantoms: any phantom above the 1st shall be treated as a full vote. 1 phantom = .001 votes, 2 phantoms = 1.001 votes, etc.

4c. After a player(s) accumulates a certain amount of phantoms, commonly 3 phantoms, the Host will get a replacement for that person(s). The replacement will carry all phantoms accumulated by the offending player.

4d. In the event of a tie vote, a Knife in Box (KiB)[KitB] situation occurs. A KiB situation is defined by one of the two tied players randomly getting wolfed or lynched, as determined by random.org or other means. All rules of 4 still solely apply for persons with multiple phantoms.

5a. Cheating of any kind (through abuse of the rules stated here, or anything that is determined cheating by a majority of the players will result in that players immediate death, or replacement as determined by the host, If the host chooses to kill the player without finding a replacement, then it does not count as that days lynch. the player will be subject to a banning of length to be determined by TWC.

5b. Two IRL friends CANNOT play in the same game. Parties cannot have a Player-to-Player relationship, nor can they have a Host-to-Player relationship. There is a possibility of account sharing, whether allowed or not, and possibility of exchanging information outside of AIM/thread. "TasselFoot (7:59:32 PM): 2 IRL friends can't play in the same twg." If you have a problem with this rule, ask Tass yourself.

-Exception:
"chardish" (9:59:25 PM): two IRL friends can play in the same game as long as they don't physically see or talk to each other during the game
"chardish" (9:59:34 PM): e.g. if they live in different states or something

6. The dead are prohibited from talking to living players about the game. Information may not flow into the game from the grave. If someone is found giving information to a living player, they are subject to a game or more ban.

7a. Imitating another player (dead or alive) through a fake AIM/FFR nickname is cheating and is subject to the cheating penalties. (This does not apply to faked AIM conversations).

7b. Contacting anyone anonymously about TWG is strictly prohibited. All TWG communication must be either on your AIM name or FFR account name. No creating second accounts or anonymous accounts for the game.

7c. If the account that you signed up for the game gets banned, it is up to the Host or Moderator to decide if they are allowed to post on an alternate username. There are still means of communication to a player (i.e. AIM) even if that player is banned temporarily. If the player is somehow banned permanently, a substitution will occur.

8. No player, under ANY circumstances, is allowed a free passage into a future TWG. Not if they are killed night 1, not if they are the MVP of the previous game, not if they hosted the previous game. You must sign up in the Game Signups as everyone else. Hosts are allowed to set specific times when the players are able to sign up.

9a. No player may vote over AIM. Ex: IMing the host saying who you vote for. There is no explainable reason for this. If someone can access the internet, they can access the forums. IMing the host and asking them to post a message on your behalf is at the host's discretion. No votes/guardings/seerings/etc. are not official and will not be counted unless sent through a PM.

9b. If the player is banned AND ONLY IF THE PLAYER IS BANNED: As mentioned in 7c., it is up to the host to decide whether a contact vote over AIM is applicable or if the Host requires the user to send in the PM on an alternate account. The banned user MUST tell the Host which account he is using to send the PM.

10a. All new players to TWG are required to play in at least 1 jTWG first. Note: 99% of new players will be required to play at least 1 jTWG before being allowed in TWG.
Players will get moved up through host and/or TWC recommendation.

10b. If a player believes they are well-equipped to play right into a TWG, they must submit written evidence supporting their claim and why they should be allowed to play.

10c. A host’s recommendation may be overturned by the TWC or Moderator as they see fit.

11a. No player is allowed to play in a jTWG and a TWG at the same time. There are no exceptions to this rule.

11b. If you are dead in the current game you have been playing in and wish to sign up for another, You must contact the host of your current game asking permission. The reason for this is that there may be the possibility of revival in your game. In which if you are revived and playing in another game you violate rule 11a.

11c. The Host reserves the right to admit or kick any player he sees fit before the game begins. If the player is unequipped to play during the game, it is the hosts descretion whether or not the player will be removed. A subtition will take place.

12. TWC, (Makilaz, BDN, DarkManticoreX2, Pntballa18, Travman301, ThunderStriker687, and Roundbox) have final say on all matters TWG. Any TWG related issue should be brought to one of the council members and will be discussed accordingly.

13a. If a player wishes to be removed from the current game contact the Host, via AIM, PM, or thread. Give clear explanations on why you wish to be removed. If it's something ridiculous such as, "Oh I don't like my role." then it's your own fault for signing up in the first place. Legitimate explanations will be tried for unpunished, but idiotic reasons will not be forgiven.

13b. Consider the amount of time needed to play j/TWG. It might last from a few days to a couple of weeks, so be prepared to sacrifice your time to the game. Do not become inactive during the game because of personal reasons.

Default Wolf Victory Part I: The default wolf team victory condition is when the wolf population equals the human population at the end of a day interval after someone is voted off

However, there are extenuating circumstances that nullify this rule. For example, if there are roles (i.e. SK, vigi) who can alter the number of wolves during the night or protect the humans (guardian), then the wolves must outnumber the humans during the day to achieve victory.
(If the wolf population exceeds the human population at any time then the game can be stopped because it is academic).

Example:

End of Day X: Person P is voted off, leaving N wolves and N humans. Wolves win.
Middle of Night X: Person P is wolfed, leaving N wolves and N humans. Play goes on.
Middle of Day X: Person P is vigilante'd or otherwise eliminated, leaving N wolves and N humans. Play goes on.
(Special example - Middle of Day X: Person P is vigi'd or otherwise eliminated, leaving N wolves and N-1 humans. Wolves win.)
(Special example #2 - Middle of Night X: Person P is vigi'd or otherwise eliminated, and a human is wolved, leaving N-1 wolves and N-1 humans. Play continues, as the humans can force several KITB situations to win the game)

Differencing between jTWG and TWG:
We are officially re-instating the TWG/jTWG system. It is the host’s responsibility to evaluate a player’s ability to participate effectively in a TWG. This was previously mentioned in part 11c. It is the Host's right to include or exclude a player from their game, given an adequate reason as to -why- the decision was made. Consult the TWC or a Moderator's approval on your decision (do not let it be baseless!). If you are unable to play in the TWG, wait to play in the jTWG. No player is denied the right to play in a jTWG unless otherwise specified.[/quote]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made some edits to Lito's Post in Green. Discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 04-2-2008 at 09:26 AM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 07:45 PM   #227
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
(Special example #2 - Middle of Night X: Person P is vigi'd or otherwise eliminated, and a human is wolved, leaving N-1 wolves and N-1 humans. Play continues, as the humans can force several KITB situations to win the game)
n-1 wolves and n-1 humans == n wolves and n humans which is already in the rules as "play goes on"
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 07:52 PM   #228
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
My account was hacked
thats getting annoying.

1. log into account with name and pw you gave me

2. send a pm to self using your name to freak you out

3. log off w/o touching anything, openly admit to it and lol.

4. ????

5. Profit
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 07:52 PM   #229
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
n-1 wolves and n-1 humans == n wolves and n humans which is already in the rules as "play goes on"
I just added it to show that even though the wolves equal the humans during the start of the night, It's still possible for the humans to win in this particular specialized case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 04-1-2008, 08:09 PM   #230
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

So... we just completely re-did the whole game...?

Argo, I don't care that you hacked it. You were dead by the time you did anyway. It shouldn't matter, but I'm defending myself.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 04-1-2008, 08:19 PM   #231
dooey100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Xception if you want to fake an AIM convo you could make an AIM alt and use it to have a conversation with yourself, then use find and replace to switch the names of your alt and the name of the person you are faking with. You can do the same thing with the times, and just replace the hours and leave the minutes and seconds.
dooey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 08:56 PM   #232
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooey100 View Post
Xception if you want to fake an AIM convo you could make an AIM alt and use it to have a conversation with yourself, then use find and replace to switch the names of your alt and the name of the person you are faking with. You can do the same thing with the times, and just replace the hours and leave the minutes and seconds.
7a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 04-1-2008, 09:05 PM   #233
rzr
TWG Veteran

o.O Seriousy, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-1-2008, 09:11 PM   #234
FictionJunction
FFR Player

faking conversations is ok. Using alternate usernames to deceive someone is not.
Old 04-1-2008, 09:22 PM   #235
dooey100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Im not saying actually talk to people, just make it easier to fake convos. I'll give an example in a bit.

Edit:

Example: I made an account called my1337alt (pass is roflffr if you want to use it) and had the following convo with myself:

my1337alt (8:36:53 PM): hey i'm the guard
Dooeyabillion (8:36:58 PM): What?
Dooeyabillion (8:37:02 PM): why are you telling me?
my1337alt (8:37:38 PM): cause I trust you
Dooeyabillion (8:37:48 PM): huh? thats cool, but how come?
my1337alt (8:38:59 PM): because you thought [player] was a wolf and he was one
my1337alt (8:39:41 PM): so now you get to be in the alliance
Dooeyabillion (8:39:46 PM): ok sweet

this probably wouldn't hold up if you actually tried it but w/e

so now I replace my1337alt with DarkManticoreX2 (except I forgot the e in core lol)

DarkManticorX2 (8:36:53 PM): hey i'm the guard
Dooeyabillion (8:36:58 PM): What?
Dooeyabillion (8:37:02 PM): why are you telling me?
DarkManticorX2 (8:37:38 PM): cause I trust you
Dooeyabillion (8:37:48 PM): huh? thats cool, but how come?
DarkManticorX2 (8:38:59 PM): because you thought [player] was a wolf and he was one
DarkManticorX2 (8:39:41 PM): so now you get to be in the alliance
Dooeyabillion (8:39:46 PM): ok sweet

and outside of actually having the convo with myself it took probably 30 seconds, and I didn't break any rules (i don't think)

you can do the same thing with a convo copied from the window, if you want. then you wont have to add all the line breaks

Last edited by dooey100; 04-1-2008 at 09:55 PM..
dooey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 09:45 PM   #236
heavylee
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to heavylee

so fic, you saying we can have an alternate to fake a convo with ourselves, just not to talk to another player?
heavylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 11:18 PM   #237
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavylee View Post
so fic, you saying we can have an alternate to fake a convo with ourselves, just not to talk to another player?
That's what he's saying, yes. Add this onto the rules as an exception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post

So do we have a list of people who are approved to play TWG?
As of now, no. I've spoken with this proposed "list" and I've declined the idea. The next host and a general consensus of the players, for the upcoming TWG, will decide if the player is competent enough to play. Given if that person is in questioning whether or not s/he is allowed to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavylee View Post
xception, aim logs are essential to this game. They can be saved to like a notepad document. I have received several of those. That way it all comes in black text. It is at the person's own disgression to reveal their logs. Without them it would be too difficult to trust anyone, or know the validity of their logs.

Aim logging is important, but there are reason(s) why it's not mandatory. First of all: strategy. A player can openly admit that they are not logging their conversations with other players if they are asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Edit: Also, can I run against rzr for the next open TWC spot? *grin*
Go through me first

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2008, 04:14 AM   #238
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

Well, I just read through this. I don't see the need to add emphasis to any of the arguments.

Let me make something clear though, once the rules are approved here they will be final and followed absolutely.

Also, I would like to open up the floor for any additional rules that havent been listed.
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2008, 05:03 AM   #239
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16

I think we need a rule clarifiying mystery PMs, i.e PMs not from someone in the game, and not imitating someone in the game, but holding information to the game. I'll post a couple of mystery PMs from one game a while back so you guys an see what i mean.

Personally I think they should be allowed, as they're a lot of fun, trying to work out the writing style of the PM etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery PM from TWG 30
TO THE PROSECUTOR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO WE ARE THE WOLVES AND WE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A PROPOSITION TO THE PROSECUTOR THAT IS SURE TO BE MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL. YOU SEE IN MOST SITUATIONS THE HUMANS ARE DOOMED TO LOSE THIS GAME UNLESS BY A SURPRISING TURN OF EVENTS BOTH OF OUR SIDES MAKE MISTAKES. IF WE ARE TO TEAM UP TEMPORARILY IT WILL BE ENSURED THAT THE HUMANS CANNOT WIN. THE TRADE WE WOULD MAKE IS OUR KNOWING YOUR IDENTITY SO WE COULD PROTECT YOU FROM LYNCHING AS WE NEED YOU AND YOUR WITNESSES ALIVE TO WIN EARLY. THIS WOULD PREVENT US FROM ACCIDENTALLY WASTING A NIGHT IN TRYING TO WOLF YOU AND WOULD GIVE YOU AN ADDED PROTECTION OF THREE VOTES IN CASE YOU GET IN A HOT SPOT. OBVIOUSLY I'VE SENT THIS TO EVERYONE SO HUMANS MAY TRY TO IMPERSONATE YOU IN ORDER TO GAIN INFORMATION FROM US. BY COMING TO US YOU WILL NOT GAIN ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT US BECAUSE IT COULD EASILY BE SHARED WITH YOUR WITNESSES AND IN THE CASE OF YOUR DEATH COULD BE USED AGAINST US. A HUMAN POSING AS A PROSECUTOR HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO GAIN. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT WE WILL TRUST THE PERSONS WHO RESPOND TO THIS PM. ONE FINAL POINT IF YOU ARE SUSPICIOUS THAT THIS IS A HUMAN TRAP SET UP TO GAIN THE IDENTITY OF THE PROSECUTOR YOU ARE WISE NOT TO COME TO US. YOU HAVE MORE TO LOSE BY REVEALING YOURSELF TO A HUMAN THAN YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY HAVING OUR PROTECTION. ALSO KNOW THAT WHEN IT GETS DOWN TO THE LAST DAYS OF THIS GAME WE WILL NO LONGER BE ON YOUR SIDE AND WHILE WE STILL WOULD NOT WANT YOU DEAD WE WOULD NOT WANT ALL YOUR WITNESSES ALIVE.

TASS SAID THIS PM AND FAKE ACCOUNT WERE LEGAL.

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

Last edited by mattc16; 04-2-2008 at 05:05 AM..
mattc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2008, 12:24 PM   #240
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I think that anonymity via PM isn't any different than anonymity in an IM.

Seems like it's a valid and useful tool to contact someone while they don't necessarily know who you are, though anyone smart wouldn't ever respond to an anonymous message with incirminating details.

Seems to me that the rule might read "Anonymity is okay, Impersonation isn't"

If they claim in an anonymous PM to -be- anybody specific, that would be no good, but the odd message from the shadows might keep things interesting.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote