Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 04:16 AM   #2361
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXIV: Classics Man - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Certainty View Post
So in other words, you think I'm a wolf as an extension of AA...not voting me when he had the chance, when that would fit his given stances and help soldify his position?
Or are you saying AA is a wolf who for some reason decided to pull a fairly obvious save of a partner at the last second?
And I'm really getting sick of the "no scumleans" case. Multiple people have explained why that's dumb. Please, just stop.
This is my last post:
AA doesn't bus unless he absolutely has to. Same goes for sunfan (even more strict about no-bussing). Same goes for me.
I think, if you're wolf, AA never kills you instead of taking a possible townlynch. You say "fairly obvious save of a partner", but I think AA is also confident enough to save his partner and believe that he has the ability to talk himself out of resulting suspicion.

Also, the "people" that have explained why that's dumb are primarily myself and sunfan. Idk if anyone said it before me, even. I even deliberately chose to give you another day because of differences in our playstyle. Please don't insult me by trying to dismiss as a tell your lack of scumreads and wave it off as being "dumb". It's a tell whether you like it or not, but it's not so absolute that I'm basing everything on it. That's why I opted to give you another day, remember? The possibility that it is just a different approach to the game?

Good night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:28 AM   #2362
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

.. One last thing:
I'm seriously considering the possibility that I was majorly wrong about Xel yesterday. Xel gets more self conscious as a wolf; I can see him freezing at EoD and not voting, and then freezing again on an entrance now as a result of not voting at EoD (despite posting in the time leading up to it).

Xel, post please.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #2363
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
This is my last post:
AA doesn't bus unless he absolutely has to. Same goes for sunfan (even more strict about no-bussing). Same goes for me.
I think, if you're wolf, AA never kills you instead of taking a possible townlynch. You say "fairly obvious save of a partner", but I think AA is also confident enough to save his partner and believe that he has the ability to talk himself out of resulting suspicion.

Also, the "people" that have explained why that's dumb are primarily myself and sunfan. Idk if anyone said it before me, even. I even deliberately chose to give you another day because of differences in our playstyle. Please don't insult me by trying to dismiss as a tell your lack of scumreads and wave it off as being "dumb". It's a tell whether you like it or not, but it's not so absolute that I'm basing everything on it. That's why I opted to give you another day, remember? The possibility that it is just a different approach to the game?

Good night.
Confident enough to save his partner by voting someone he hadn't wanted to lynch up until then?

And Proph, and me... sun talked about it first, I'm pretty sure.
If anything, it's a town tell, as sun, Proph, and I can and have brought up.
Let's make it clear: If you scumread someone for not being willing to make up suspicions because "they must have at least one!", it's dumb and I will say it's dumb.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:41 AM   #2364
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
4 -- DaBackpack -- roundbox (67), thesunfan (260), XelNya (94), AragakiAyase (263)
3 -- Witch of Certainty -- TWG Jade Harley (77), mellonxcollie (76), Hakulyte (272)
2 -- Prophylaxis -- Charu (313), ShadoWolfe (248)
2 -- TWG Jade Harley -- Prophylaxis (75), Witch of Certainty (94)
1 -- thesunfan -- MixMasterLar (131)
1 -- Charu -- DaBackpack (128)

Could it be that our dead players were actually voting the right person?
Old 02-23-2017, 04:44 AM   #2365
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
4 -- DaBackpack -- roundbox (67), thesunfan (260), XelNya (94), AragakiAyase (263)
3 -- Witch of Certainty -- TWG Jade Harley (77), mellonxcollie (76), Hakulyte (272)
2 -- Prophylaxis -- Charu (313), ShadoWolfe (248)
2 -- TWG Jade Harley -- Prophylaxis (75), Witch of Certainty (94)
1 -- thesunfan -- MixMasterLar (131)
1 -- Charu -- DaBackpack (128)

Could it be that our dead players were actually voting the right person?
Witch/Proph/AA ?

hmm
Old 02-23-2017, 04:45 AM   #2366
Hakulyte
the Haku

Could swap AA for Xel tbh.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:47 AM   #2367
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Confident enough to save his partner by voting someone he hadn't wanted to lynch up until then?
If this were nearly as big a deal as you're trying to make it seem, then how are you so sure it isn't the case?
Sheeping last minute on a mislynch isnt the end-all and be-all of wolf activity. You can't seriously believe an experienced wolf wouldn't sheep as an absolute if you believe that the same player would sheep as town. Add in confidence in ability to avoid a lynch and the incentive of saving a wolf/ensurimg a mislynch, and I don't see where you're coming from one bit.

Quote:
And Proph, and me... sun talked about it first, I'm pretty sure.
If anything, it's a town tell, as sun, Proph, and I can and have brought up.
Let's make it clear: If you scumread someone for not being willing to make up suspicions because "they must have at least one!", it's dumb and I will say it's dumb.
It's not a town tell at all. It's been a scumtell forever for the same reason you're trying to spin it for town: being "unwilling to make up suspicions".
This far into a game, it's hard to believe that you havent read anything at all that would cause you to have an opinion on any player's alignment. You should have read enough arguments from enough people to cause to read them a certain way. Not impossible, just highly unlikely considering your motivation as town is to solve the game.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 04:50 AM   #2368
Hakulyte
the Haku

I'm kinda sold on that Xel/Proph/Witch.

I think Shado/AA/Sunfan constantly lead to inconsistencies. I keep failing to pair any of them.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:52 AM   #2369
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
.. One last thing:
I'm seriously considering the possibility that I was majorly wrong about Xel yesterday. Xel gets more self conscious as a wolf; I can see him freezing at EoD and not voting, and then freezing again on an entrance now as a result of not voting at EoD (despite posting in the time leading up to it).

Xel, post please.
I retract the part of this that asserted Xel didn't vote.
The frozen part still holds, both for now and EoD. Here's his vote btw:
Quote:
Fuck it

dbp

And again im at work so fuck off on the u delayed it crap
Xel, please post.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 04:58 AM   #2370
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'm kinda sold on that Xel/Proph/Witch.

I think Shado/AA/Sunfan constantly lead to inconsistencies. I keep failing to pair any of them.
Why are you trying to solve the game by pairing three people at a time?
What ties together Xel/Proph/Witch for you?
Did you seriously believe me, AA, and sunfan are wolves together? That we're all just continuously pushing and bussing each other as a wolf team for.. What, exactly? Shits, gigles, and spitting on every proclamation we've ever made about not bussing?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 04:59 AM   #2371
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

back and rereading witch posts

i would be infuriated by the fact that you think not voicing your suspicions and withholding information is a town tell, but im trying not to tunnel into you atm because im feeling tilted >:[

Old 02-23-2017, 04:59 AM   #2372
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Why am I still here. Fuck, ok, I'm closing this app and finding something else to occupy my remaining moments of wakefulness.
G'night.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 05:01 AM   #2373
Hakulyte
the Haku

Never consider any of my reads "solved material".

It's always theory until the flip happens. I'm just giving myself stuff to justify and unhealthy amount of reiterations for reading the thread.

If you want to real arguments, come back a little later in the phase.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:03 AM   #2374
Hakulyte
the Haku

Looks like English died again.

Basically, I'm massively rereading the thread with multiple perspective in mind. I get a shit ton of wrong worlds, I compare them and I come up with conclusions.

That's why I'm litterally sitting there endlessly.

..but yeah, just come back later. I'm clearly not at a point where my reads are worth the time yet.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:04 AM   #2375
Hakulyte
the Haku

I also like mixing up awful reactive shitty posts with actual serious analysis.

Gives me the impression that I'm fooling all of you into being retarded or something.

~
Old 02-23-2017, 05:08 AM   #2376
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Quote:
If this were nearly as big a deal as you're trying to make it seem, then how are you so sure it isn't the case?
Sheeping last minute on a mislynch isnt the end-all and be-all of wolf activity. You can't seriously believe an experienced wolf wouldn't sheep as an absolute if you believe that the same player would sheep as town. Add in confidence in ability to avoid a lynch and the incentive of saving a wolf/ensurimg a mislynch, and I don't see where you're coming from one bit.

It's not a town tell at all. It's been a scumtell forever for the same reason you're trying to spin it for town: being "unwilling to make up suspicions".
This far into a game, it's hard to believe that you havent read anything at all that would cause you to have an opinion on any player's alignment. You should have read enough arguments from enough people to cause to read them a certain way. Not impossible, just highly unlikely considering your motivation as town is to solve the game.
I don't see why it's that hard to get? AA would have gone from not wanting to lynch DBP despite pressure to suddenly being willing to vote him in the last few minutes when I was in clear danger of being lynched. That goes against both his stated wish to give DBP more time to look better and his ambivalent at best feelings about me that he'd shown at that time. Let's say I was vig killed and flipped scum, does AA talk himself out of that?

Again, you're twisting and misrepresenting things. Can you read my posts today and tell me I have no suspicions and people I'm against? Can you read my posts from d1 and tell me I had no opinions on people then?
Old 02-23-2017, 05:11 AM   #2377
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Jade Harley View Post
back and rereading witch posts

i would be infuriated by the fact that you think not voicing your suspicions and withholding information is a town tell, but im trying not to tunnel into you atm because im feeling tilted >:[

For the last time, drop this obsession with my suspicions and look at my townleans and thoughts behind them, please.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:20 AM   #2378
Hakulyte
the Haku

Looks like I won't be able to do memes about burning a Witch this game phase because that gets a pass for me.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:20 AM   #2379
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't see why it's that hard to get? AA would have gone from not wanting to lynch DBP despite pressure to suddenly being willing to vote him in the last few minutes when I was in clear danger of being lynched. That goes against both his stated wish to give DBP more time to look better and his ambivalent at best feelings about me that he'd shown at that time. Let's say I was vig killed and flipped scum, does AA talk himself out of that?

Again, you're twisting and misrepresenting things. Can you read my posts today and tell me I have no suspicions and people I'm against? Can you read my posts from d1 and tell me I had no opinions on people then?
I think he does, yes. It's a fair point that the possibilty of you being vigikilled (2nd most wisely scumread) might affect his choice of you were both scum. I'll keep that in mind.

This is also a fair point, although I hate your wording in "twisting and misrepresenting".
Do you think I'm a wolf? Because that's what your wording implies.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 05:23 AM   #2380
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
This is also a fair point, although I hate your wording in "twisting and misrepresenting".
Do you think I'm a wolf? Because that's what your wording implies.
You're one of the few players that I read their posts and I'm like "Town Shado and Wolf Shado could have both said this", but like constantly.
Closed Thread