Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2008, 04:00 AM   #2281
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

It was just cause every time he did a smash move he almost always knocked me out of the ring but ya I agree sonic was annoying too. snake was pretty useless he just sat there shooting missles going nowhere
Jerry DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:52 AM   #2282
Yesssss
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Yesssss

I got 47 on cruel brawl with G&W just by hanging on a ledge, jumping off and letting the other enemies follow, and get back on the ledge as late as possible. The enemies will just lose their jumps trying to follow you while being too afraid of going too far.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:42 AM   #2283
vvav
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Goddamnit, I can't get 5 kills in cruel melee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesssss View Post
o hi i just got 47
vvav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #2284
Yesssss
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Yesssss

Well they technically weren't kills
Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 AM   #2285
stivitybobo
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

i was playing brawl with verra *his ffr name* and we both had one stock left and to kill him i threw and item at him. He got freaking pissed because he owns the game that was the fisrt time i ever played it . i like to call it pure skill!
stivitybobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #2286
lachesis
Banned

no ssb will ever be as good as the n64 version bye
lachesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #2287
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

Anybody else finding Ike to have ridiculous KO power? His damage is pretty high as well, but it's really how far he sends him with virtually any move that has me playing as him.

I also find it weird that I am MK/Ike main, and Lucas alt. I know how to play MK better than I do Ike, but I can use both fairly well.

I try to fight evasively and decisively on the ground with MK, meaning that I dodge and avoid most attacks and get in a few quick hits when they are vulnerable. I go on the offensive in the air, though, as that is where MK is best.

And why did they kill Bowser's Up+B? It was so good before, now it's a cruddy one-two hit attack that does like 14 damage. Pathetic.

PK Starstorm = Best final smash ever. =D

Does anybody find themselves with 5000 coins within ten hours of play time? Because I have a crudload of duplicate trophies and stickers, but I only have 200 stickers, and 100 trophies.

Play SSE on Intense. It's mad easy to get CD's, and every other enemy drops a sticker.

Mute City song rocks, IC stage's main theme blows. One of the alt songs kicks ass though.

I also find Olimar's stage to be too small for my tastes, but that's probably a matter of personal preference. If you land on the Red Bulborb as Olimar, it will lean back and leave the stage. Good for suicide kills.

As Afrobean stated, first set of event matches on Hard were cake, but the next 10 I got only from luck. (I still can't do the Dragoon one, I had to beat it on easy because I got so frustrated.)

Wi-Fi is ok. Sometimes it's laggy, sometimes it's perfect.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #2288
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachesis View Post
This is true in a way, but that doesn't mean that Melee and Brawl are not good and it also doesn't mean that Melee and Brawl weren't actually better games overall.
Quote:
PK Starstorm = Best final smash ever. =D
It's so dodgeable. I'd say the cutscene ones are the best. You catch someone in Link's triforce combo and they're dead for sure.

Also: I seem to have gotten a lot better with Pikachu's Volt Tackle in recent days. It's not anywhere near as crappy as I thought it was initially.
Quote:
As Afrobean stated, first set of event matches on Hard were cake, but the next 10 I got only from luck. (I still can't do the Dragoon one, I had to beat it on easy because I got so frustrated.)
As an update on this, I've managed to complete almost all of them on Hard now. Just a handful of the later ones are yet to be completed on Hard. Things like that ROB one I mentioned before. God, I hate ROB so much.
Quote:
Does anybody find themselves with 5000 coins within ten hours of play time? Because I have a crudload of duplicate trophies and stickers, but I only have 200 stickers, and 100 trophies.
Coins are so easy to get. It's so funny because continuing costs like 50 coins, but basically no matter what, you'll have MUCH more than that. Oh and continuing, that reminds me... the difficulty levels are really weird. I completed Intense Classic mode, then later completed Very Hard Classic. Statistically speaking, it was equally hard for me. Actually Very Hard was probably even harder because Crazy Hand popped up that run and owned me, mostly because he's there FROM THE START :(

EDIT: someone also made comment to the fact that I'm having trouble killing foes in cruel, yet others can manage much higher counts: yeah, I've tried killing them and that has gotten me ~3 kills multiple times. They'll be more tactful about it, basically getting them to help him kill them. Not anywhere near what I've been doing, and I'm no good at doing that style of fighting either. I guess you could say my fighting style is more like a tank, doing my best to plow through, yet the style of fighting I'd need would be that of a spy. But yeah, TYPICALLY, if someone is getting more kills than a handful in Cruel, it's due to increased skill in the "avoid getting hit" department, which I'll be the first to admit, I am very lacking compared to other people who have logged as many hours in this series as I have.

Last edited by Afrobean; 03-13-2008 at 01:13 PM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #2289
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachesis View Post
And why do you think that?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #2290
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
Posted 9 days ago:

I C

My game hasn't even shipped yet. Stupid Toys R Us! Oh well, it was free..... D:
lol I didn't even know how to jump or use the B. If we used cube controllers I probably would have beat Mike G. Hes good too though.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #2291
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

In trying to play final event on hard, I am seeing the same bull**** that cruel suffers from. The "if you get hit, we will combo you between us until you're dead basically instantly" thing. Now, it is a bit more manageable here due lacking the "you will die in one hit ^_^" thing, but then you have to contend with a bull**** giant Mario that won't go anywhere. So far the best way that I "killed" him was that he followed me off the edge when I was poked off by Snake or something. Oh and what was said about Snake before... he doesn't do much most of the time, but that makes you let your guard down and BAM you get nailed by a grenade or some crap.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #2292
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

I played this yesterday, I must say, I love Super Smash and Super Smash Bros Melee, but this is disapointing.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #2293
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31776.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31775.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31774.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31773.html

You can do it in-game, but it's cool just to watch it here.

Snake's hidden codec messages.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #2294
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Watching these now. Was not aware of their existence. How is it done?

EDIT: Also further confirmation that Cranky Kong is the Donkey Kong from the original game.

EDIT: missing some unlockable characters...

Last edited by Afrobean; 03-13-2008 at 03:53 PM..
Old 03-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #2295
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Quote:
In trying to play final event on hard, I am seeing the same bull**** that cruel suffers from. The "if you get hit, we will combo you between us until you're dead basically instantly" thing. Now, it is a bit more manageable here due lacking the "you will die in one hit ^_^" thing, but then you have to contend with a bull**** giant Mario that won't go anywhere. So far the best way that I "killed" him was that he followed me off the edge when I was poked off by Snake or something. Oh and what was said about Snake before... he doesn't do much most of the time, but that makes you let your guard down and BAM you get nailed by a grenade or some crap.
I TOLD YOU IT WAS MARIO!!!, I had to kill him first and I ended up with one life left and sonic and snake had 2 but i managed to take them out...barely
Jerry DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #2296
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

This game is so much fun. I'm missing jiggly and wolf, but I've been way too lazy to get em after I got everyone else. Are they good?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #2297
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender5 View Post
This game is so much fun. I'm missing jiggly and wolf, but I've been way too lazy to get em after I got everyone else. Are they good?
I was surprised actually. Wolf is definitely near the top for fun of playing, along with Diddy. Jigglypuff seems to be the same.

Quote:
I TOLD YOU IT WAS MARIO!!!, I had to kill him first and I ended up with one life left and sonic and snake had 2 but i managed to take them out...barely
My problem is moreso that I can't move Mario, rather than he hurts me too much. I can withstand his hits without too much trouble (ignoring the comboing/hits from the other 2 fags), but he just requires too much work to get him off the stage.

EDIT: by the way holy ****. Did you guys know that Nintendo isn't making ANY gamecube controllers anymore? Luckily I found a new cord'd at a gamestop, but I doubt if I'll be able to find any more if I bust this one.

Actually, this brings me to another point. Does anyone know an easy way to extrapolate Nintendo screws without damaging them extensively or a tactic that can be used to put it back together effectively in the case of screws being totally destroyed? I'm considering cracking open the busted wavebird and seeing if I can fix the Z button that isn't working anymore.

Last edited by Afrobean; 03-13-2008 at 08:00 PM..
Old 03-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #2298
TS_SonicMaster
FFR Lolicon
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TS_SonicMaster

No more Gamecube controllers even for Brawl? What kind of play stlye is achieved with technology that can't be found? >_>

I'm glad I still have my Wavebird in a box with Melee, Tales of Symphonia, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Prime 1&2 and Twlight Princess along with my broken Gamecube.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #2299
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Jiggly and wolf are easy to get. You beat SSE so just beat Boss Rush on easy with Fox and beat wolf. Easiest Jiggly unlock I forgot. Doing events right now, finished most on normal, some on hard. Still got to do 34, 39, 40, [omg41]

CBR
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #2300
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
I was surprised actually. Wolf is definitely near the top for fun of playing, along with Diddy. Jigglypuff seems to be the same.

My problem is moreso that I can't move Mario, rather than he hurts me too much. I can withstand his hits without too much trouble (ignoring the comboing/hits from the other 2 fags), but he just requires too much work to get him off the stage.

EDIT: by the way holy ****. Did you guys know that Nintendo isn't making ANY gamecube controllers anymore? Luckily I found a new cord'd at a gamestop, but I doubt if I'll be able to find any more if I bust this one.

Actually, this brings me to another point. Does anyone know an easy way to extrapolate Nintendo screws without damaging them extensively or a tactic that can be used to put it back together effectively in the case of screws being totally destroyed? I'm considering cracking open the busted wavebird and seeing if I can fix the Z button that isn't working anymore.
That's SO LAME. Where did you hear that Nintendo isn't making GC controllers anymore? Better get use to the UNCOMFORTABLE classic controller...
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote