super smash bors. is so awesome, i think ill piss my pants
teh_masterers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 10:34 PM   #202
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Suicidalfatman
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

random high schooler please im in college. Tech skills in chicago,Illinois, in the MOS program and if u dont know what that is, then go figure it out, maybe its a token somewhere. good luck! get a life besides going on forums for hrs and hrs wasting your time with ppl younger then u if your even 22. I would love to put a picture of my self but why should i when u can waste your time, go to my page, and go to my myspace and see a picture with me laughing at how boring FFR is getting.

Last edited by Suicidalfatman; 05-1-2007 at 10:38 PM..
Suicidalfatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 11:14 PM   #203
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159

Wow, looks like they are letting any regular old dumba$$ into college these days... How pathetic, i think you should develop a sense of maturity before you go picking fights with people who are obviously outplay you in the intelligence curve.

Btw, i thought a college student would know better than any how important good spelling and grammar are in the real world.

slipstrike0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 11:17 PM   #204
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

yep

Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th
Old 05-1-2007, 11:20 PM   #205
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

Cool Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

Good Now This Is Now Officially The Worst Site The Internet Right Next To Synthlights Moms Beastality, And To All Those Music Conducters And Cant Make Simfiles To Save There Life. **** You All. Cant Wait To Get Banned From Another Gay Game. Stupid Noobs

Old 05-1-2007, 11:36 PM   #206
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159

Reading comprehension must be your all time weakness because "develop some maturity" and "use good grammar" does not mean the same as "throw a hissy fit while using poor grammar". No need for a ban if you just leave.

In any case, i have found that in SSBM each character is equipped with some move that allows them to 'spam' it on another character. Of course some have more than others but its all about who you feel more comfortable playing. The different characteristics gives a chance for more players to choose a character better suited their playing preference. This brings them closer to the point of the game, which is to win and have fun.

slipstrike0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 11:57 PM   #207
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Uh, wow. You are both idiots. Stop bitching.

Also, unwarranted attack on synthlight much?
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2007, 12:03 AM   #208
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

I'm still a turnip whore. The only thing I hate about peach is that she can't really handle fox/falco very well =/ I usually end up whoring veggies and grabbing, spamming smash down A a lot. Peach is really only very good for aerial attacks.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2007, 12:21 AM   #209
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

How about no. There is your perfect grammer nerd.

Old 05-2-2007, 03:34 AM   #210
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidalfatman View Post
How about no. There is your perfect grammer nerd.
You do know it's awfully easy to type like this, right? I'm not even really thinking right now, and it's 4:41AM.

I don't want to have to think of words enough to shorten them. Christ.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2007, 05:36 AM   #211
|||NotED|||
FFR Player

Marth. Win. There's not too many skilled players in my area either but with a little travel Duquene(I think I butchered that) has friendly matches or tournaments every Friday which I have yet to go to and a lot of skilled players show up. I myself am not all that good at shffling atm and need to work on that
|||NotED||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2007, 05:40 AM   #212
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

Quote:
How about no. Here is your perfect grammar nerd.
Fixed.

Quote:
I'm still a turnip whore.
Nothing wrong at all with being a turnip whore, and I can give you four reasons as to why : Stitches, Bo-bomb, Mr. Saturn, and Beam Sword.

Stitches is a turnip that somewhat resembles this face : =_=. The turnip hits with the power of a smash attack, and eats shields like a smash attack. Stitches is around a 1/40 - 1/50 probability of being pulled.

I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I want to say (for some reason or another) that it's a 1/300 chance to pull either a Bo-bomb, Mr. Saturn, or Beam Sword. While the odds are low, what could be better than pulling any of these three items? Bo-bombs just hurt (and they do fly faster through the air it seems), Saturns destroy shields if you get up close and just spam A, and Beam Swords are Beam Swords, enough said =P.

That being said, turnip whore away if you wish =P

Last edited by masterhickle; 05-2-2007 at 05:53 AM..
masterhickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2007, 05:51 AM   #213
slickskater29
FFR Player

Quote:
Good Now This Is Now Officially The Worst Site The Internet Right Next To Synthlights Moms Beastality, And To All Those Music Conducters And Cant Make Simfiles To Save There Life. **** You All. Cant Wait To Get Banned From Another Gay Game. Stupid Noobs
lawl, capslock filter!

@|||NotED||| whats ur real name, or ur SSBM tag. Ive been to dequesne abunch of times, im Na!l.

@ckj846 I'm a turnip whoring Peach main as well. It is impossible to figure out the odds of pulling turnips (without asking a developer). But in my experience, Saturn is as common as a Stitchface. Bombs are less rare than a Beamsword, but not much. Do you know how to turnip cycle? Ill edit this at school to explain it, gotta go catch the bus.

EDIT: The fastest way to Turnip Cycle-Mash Down+B until the pulling animation starts. Once it starts, mash Up+A (dont worry about tilting it, you cant jump while pulling a turnip) Once she throws it, repeat. I always do this when my opponent is off stage, away from me, or dead. Cycling makes it easier to pull a special item or stiches.

if you are going to throw a turnip, make it a smash throw (the same way you would do a smash attack) C-stick throw does the same thing.

Last note: Turnip Taunt. Only do this if you make a sweet KO, because turnip cycling is the best thing you can do. Pull a turnip, C-stick throw up, taunt, then catch it with A.

Last edited by slickskater29; 05-2-2007 at 07:48 AM..
slickskater29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2007, 03:06 PM   #214
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Well you could take apart the game to figure out the odds of pulling turnips.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2007, 03:29 PM   #215
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

I'm fairly sure that Stitches(a new SSBM term for me lolz) hits harder than a Smash attack. Also, most items can only be thrown and land on the ground a certain number of times before they "poof" and are gone. If you can prevent a non-exploding item from hitting the ground when you throw it, then it's perfectly fine to keep battering your enemy with it. Problem with Peach's Turnips is that they disappear not only if they hit the ground, but if they spend too long in the airborne exchange between a character's hands, i.e., an air-time-limit. Because of that, whenever I pull a Stitches, I'd prefer to keep it in my hand an use it to break shields or only throw him when I know I've got an guaranteed hit.
Old 05-2-2007, 08:33 PM   #216
slickskater29
FFR Player

Correct, negi_magi. Another thing to note about turnips (i dunno if this is true for all throwable items) is that their catch box doubles when caught. Meaning, that if you throw and catch a turnip, the second time you try to catch it, the furtest away that you can be while still being able to catch it (catch box) is doubled. It keeps doubleing until it disappears. So, after i get stitches, I try to throw him while im close to my opponent and catch him as fast as possible.

I didnt even notice that Alucard posted again. Yea, it takes no skill to do it, but to know how to survive it takes skill.
slickskater29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2007, 05:47 AM   #217
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I didnt even notice that Alucard posted again. Yea, it takes no skill to do it, but to know how to survive it takes skill.
Just to clear up any possible questions on how to survive (as either character)...

The Kirby-cide throws can be broken before Kirby begins his descent on the throw. The only exception to this is the Up Throw, which cannot be broken at all (though, to Kirby-cide it, you must be RIGHT next to the edge).

Eat-drop...
If you get eaten, just start mashing the control stick to break it. You get pseudo-spiked by breaking out if you are off the stage, so the earlier you break out, the greater your chances of survival.
As Kirby, you simply need to start mashing jump before you hit the bottom of the screen (after eating someone, you get your double jumps back). It takes practice, but is fun to do =P.

While the tactics may be considered "cheap" by some, the Kirby-cides are rather escapable if you know what you are doing.
Old 05-3-2007, 11:13 AM   #218
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

In the past I used to win a whole bunch of tournaments with Captain Falcon. I destroyed the whole competition by barely even using the B attacks. Of course, I kinda spammed the Down-A kick.
Old 05-3-2007, 11:37 AM   #219
|||NotED|||
FFR Player

@slickskater29 I've actually never gone there. My friend recently told me about because he thought I would fair well there. It may be awhile until I have the time to go down but I'll let you know when I do.
|||NotED||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2007, 02:18 PM   #220
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

@ Alucard4_6
I'm not rejecting your line of thought currently, but I will say this : I used to think the way you do right now. I thought like that until I started going to friendlies (at Duquesne), and people on a completely different level than me played in "retarded" ways (Marth forward air, Fox shine, Ganondorf <insert aerial here>). You'll realize, that while some tactics are "retarded" or "unskilled," they are the best ways to play some characters

I hope that some new light was shed by this statement. (And as I said, I accept your line of thought, as I used to think like that).

@ -paexaea-
I hope you used some of his famous "Knee of Justice" =P (forward air). It hits like a meteor when landed correctly, and is his best killer ^^. (Though, nothing beats a well timed falcon punch on a recovery, LOL.)

@ |||NotED|||
Duquesne SSBM friendly matches are actually done for the summer (I think the last day of matches was the 27th of April). The building the matches took place in was run by the students, and the students are done with school (Though, while I don't know much about it myself, I've heard that matches are being held at CMU).

Last edited by masterhickle; 05-3-2007 at 02:21 PM..
masterhickle is offline   Reply With Quote