Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #2021
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to SuperSonicX
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

You never know. I'm not saying exactly that MK Wii will sell more than Brawl and (vice versa?) but I mean I rank all of these games on the same level. To me, for those who still have Super Mario 64 and Sunshine, their gonna keep Galaxy. For those with Super Mario Kart (SNES), Mario Kart 64 (N64), and Double Dash (GC), they're gonna get MK Wii and hold on to that. And finally for the Smash Bros fans who still have Smash 64 and Melee, of course they'll hang on to Brawl. Many people have different tastes. It just depends on who you bump into.

If practice makes perfect, but no one has reached perfection, then why the hell practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
Welcome aboard. I'm a noob also, so don't feel bad.

Cheers,

Synthlight
SuperSonicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #2022
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoxin View Post
Even at school, if I start a conversation about Galaxy, it ends in about a minute. If I start one about Melee, it can go on for a half hour or more (depending on where I am and how much time I have till the class ends).
Wouldn't that depend on the company you are in? It just so happens that I today talked about Galaxy solid with a mate (who also has it) for an hour. After that we still made the odd reference to the game.

Going back to what I just quoted, all that means is you like Melee more. I love the game too and can talk about it for hours, but to be fair, I has been out a long time and I've been playing it for years, a lot of cool things to talk about you see.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #2023
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoxin View Post
Wrong. History: as for gamecube games, out of all the "prequals" to Brawl, Galaxy, and MK Wii (obviously Melee, MK Double Dash, and I think Sunshine) only one is still on shelves: Melee. Everytime I go to Bestbuy or any store like that, I always see Melee in the GC games. They are still updating the game too! In case you haven't noticed, they made a new box cover who knows when!

Even at school, if I start a conversation about Galaxy, it ends in about a minute. If I start one about Melee, it can go on for a half hour or more (depending on where I am and how much time I have till the class ends).
And that means it's the best-selling game?

Halo 3 was the biggest news for a day on every publication I saw. Does that make it the best-selling game ever? It didn't even sell more than Gears of War. Just like I predicted.

I still see Big Mutha Truckers on the shelves every time I go to Best Buy. Does that make it the best-selling game on the console?

Your logic makes NO SENSE.

In other news, I got sick of DeepDiscount and canceled all of my orders with them. Went to Best Buy and got Zack & Wiki and Mario Galaxy.

Last edited by Squeek; 11-16-2007 at 08:01 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #2024
SethSquall
FFR Player

Still need to wait for Zack and Wiki to come out over here, although I hope you like Galaxy. I love it and been waiting to hear your opinion on it.

Zack and Wiki isn't out till like next month. I have my eye this game though, I will get it the day it's out. Been voted "Best Next Game in the World" by NOM users.

Last edited by SethSquall; 11-16-2007 at 08:14 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #2025
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

I keep hearing about Zack and Wiki and honestly I have no idea what that game is about and haven't seen anything about it. I looked in Gamestop's new releases in the Wii section but I didn't see that game. What exactly is that game and what is it about?

If practice makes perfect, but no one has reached perfection, then why the hell practice?

Quote:

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 11-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #2026
SethSquall
FFR Player

Here's a video.

Last edited by SethSquall; 11-16-2007 at 09:36 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #2027
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Oh it looks pretty fun, but I haven't seen it in stores around where I live.

Quote:

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 11-16-2007, 09:43 PM   #2028
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

I've seen a bunch of Zack and Wiki copies around my local Best Buy. Looks...interesting, at least.

I have Galaxy but I've yet to play it. Best part about it was the pre-recorded call from GameStop the night before that had me rolling on the floor in laughter.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #2029
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Yeah that guy was funny XD. I just wish I hear it again just to have laughs on days that are boring.

Quote:

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 11-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #2030
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I've just gotten the second Grand Star in Galaxy.

I don't know what it is, but I'm not astounded by the game. Somehow I was hoping I would be. It was the same way with Metroid Prime 3. I mean, I gave it to a friend to play just two days after I got it. I just recently got it back and I still haven't continued playing. My theory with Prime was that I was just too busy with schoolwork that I felt guilty every time I turned on the game instead of working on a project or homework assignment.

It's a fun game. Don't get me wrong. I got every star on every galaxy in the first portal and the extra star on the Sweet Sweet Galaxy (I hate that place). And I still love those little blue penguins that make yet another appearance since Mario 64.

Since I found a break point in the game, I switched it off so I could start playing Zack and Wiki. Off I go to do that.

Ok, so maybe it isn't the massive workload. I'm having a ton of fun with Zack and Wiki. This game is awesome. I constantly feel stupid when I fail and celebrate when I succeed.

Last edited by Squeek; 11-17-2007 at 02:08 AM..
Old 11-17-2007, 03:29 AM   #2031
VampyressKyttie
FFR Player

Shayne got me a Wii for Christmas but I want it now grrr...

He bought it right in front of me, I carried it to the car, and I put it in his closet. This is gonna kill me.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:46 AM   #2032
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Halo 3 was the biggest news for a day on every publication I saw. Does that make it the best-selling game ever? It didn't even sell more than Gears of War. Just like I predicted.
Considering Halo 3 hasn't even been out long enough to experience it's first holiday season...

Anyways. Galaxy rules. I've already caught like 58 stars and this game keeps grabbing me the more I play it. I'd venture to say it's one of the best, if not 'the' best, platformer I've ever played. Good stuff.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:54 AM   #2033
Afrombean
FFR Player

since you're all spilling your guts about galaxy

It's ok. The upside down stuff is REALLY troublesome, mostly because it won't let me control the camera at all ever. Gravity is fun, but of course, it leads to upside down stuff and that sucks.

Then I got to the bee stage and got stuck and simply didn't feel like figuring out what to do. I couldn't even be assed enough to even try to figure it out.

ps definitely not best platformer ever. SMW or SMB3 takes that title. 3D games cannot even be considered for that title due to the addition of a superfluous dimension.
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:06 AM   #2034
SethSquall
FFR Player

Quote:
I've just gotten the second Grand Star in Galaxy.

I don't know what it is, but I'm not astounded by the game. Somehow I was hoping I would be. It was the same way with Metroid Prime 3. I mean, I gave it to a friend to play just two days after I got it. I just recently got it back and I still haven't continued playing. My theory with Prime was that I was just too busy with schoolwork that I felt guilty every time I turned on the game instead of working on a project or homework assignment

I kinda felt the same when I first played it. That intro bit like, Then catching the lumas and stuff. But after I got the Bee suit I dunno, the game just really picked up for me. I found it a lot more fun.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:23 AM   #2035
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrombean View Post
since you're all spilling your guts about galaxy

It's ok. The upside down stuff is REALLY troublesome, mostly because it won't let me control the camera at all ever. Gravity is fun, but of course, it leads to upside down stuff and that sucks.

Then I got to the bee stage and got stuck and simply didn't feel like figuring out what to do. I couldn't even be assed enough to even try to figure it out.

ps definitely not best platformer ever. SMW or SMB3 takes that title. 3D games cannot even be considered for that title due to the addition of a superfluous dimension.
Left and right on the D-pad.

It's a life-saver.

I got up today and went "Hmm which would I rather play... Z&W or Galaxy?"

And to be honest, I'm more excited about continuing Zack and Wiki. However, at the same time, I don't want to get too far in it before I show it off to my friends.

Oh, and one reason I have this lingering annoyance with Galaxy is that I can never spin-attack enemies. Ever. I run toward them to spin attack and then I do it and either I miss or Mario just doesn't spin. Then I take damage and that's -33% health right there. And of course I can't jump on their heads because the perspective is crazy and I'd miss and land right in front of them so they can walk two centimeters, bump into me, and kill me (how does that work anyway).

Last edited by Squeek; 11-17-2007 at 10:27 AM..
Old 11-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #2036
SethSquall
FFR Player

Yea I had that problem mostly when upside down, feels like my depth perception is way of or something sometimes. I've learned a bit better now though.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #2037
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Left and right on the D-pad.

It's a life-saver.
yeah I figured that out basically instantly but half the time I want to move the camera, IT SIMPLY WILL NOT LET ME >:(

Quote:
Oh, and one reason I have this lingering annoyance with Galaxy is that I can never spin-attack enemies. Ever. I run toward them to spin attack and then I do it and either I miss or Mario just doesn't spin. Then I take damage and that's -33% health right there. And of course I can't jump on their heads because the perspective is crazy and I'd miss and land right in front of them so they can walk two centimeters, bump into me, and kill me (how does that work anyway).
I miss the B button attack from Super Mario 64 :( also: crappy perspective is why I want to move the camera around but oops lol all i can do is go to first person look around mode
Old 11-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #2038
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Man.

Wiki is awesome.

I mean, yeah, the game is awesome, but that silly little flying monkey thing is the coolest video game character ever.

"Zack! They caught up to us! I can't imagine how many ways they'll kill you! I...I can't watch! Of course, I'll be fine because I can just fly away."

He's adorable. He's funny. He's sadistic.

How awesome is that.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #2039
SethSquall
FFR Player

Lmao. How many times you died so far? I think I read you die loads, sort of trial and error way of figuring some things out?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #2040
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Aleste Send a message via MSN to Aleste

Quote:

lol i had the same problem with jumping on heads when the perspective was askew, but it went away after some time.. i've never had trouble spin attacking enemies. Maybe you're just handicapped ;P Honestly, there's something about that game that really appeals to me... the art in it is amazing. it's almost like observing nature in a way.. there's something just visual stimulating about it. At 80 stars i couldn't be more happy! i think i'll pick up Z&W soon.. sort of reminds me of old point and click adventures like Maniac Mansion and i always liked those :]