TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Heres some stuff

Town

- Boomer (very vigi)
- Eugene (I’ve already stated my case on Eugene earlier. Reads, reactions and emotions are very authentic and I think the arguably dumb observations they sometimes make are the result of over enthusiasm, typing before thinking. They play with no filter and I think that’s a very towny thing to do. I don’t think we should ever touch Eugene.)
- Cherry (Cherry is asking very good questions and noticing a lot of things that people are missing. They also don’t seem to be pocketing anyone which I really like. In particular, I like that they questioned Dora about the soft clear they did for everyone who was on the Zucker wagon before Del claimed. I’m still upset Dora never responded because I’m still struggling to read people like tank and flurry. I would be pretty surprised if Cherry was scum.)

Town Lean

- Tank (I’ve spent a lot of time reading Tank’s posts and it's frustrating because I sort of understand how he is getting from A to B mentally but the reasoning he gives is next to non-existent. I’m inclined to lean him town because even though he is much more big brain than I am, I do agree with a lot of the analysis he does that I understand.)
- Phil (I initially didn’t like the whole Roleblocker fiasco back in D1 but when I look at his overall play I really don’t see how his game is ever scum. He has been consistent in his reads, his progressions seem very natural, and he actually has an understanding of the game mechanics, which is more that I can say for a lot of people. For now, I see him as a benefit to town.)
- Maple (This is my biggest gut/tone read of my list of potential townys. I feel like their frustrations of not really being acknowledged are genuine, and I feel like they are doing their appropriate digging when they have their suspicions, even when I don’t necessarily agree with them. I think their suggestion of keeping the acq alive for a day is a very towny thing to suggest.)
- Julian (I still maintain that his play, especially at d0, has been especially towny. He opened up the conversation on a lot of people and quite frankly a lot of the interaction that’s been had would not have happened if it wasn’t for his play. It was aggressive but it worked, and I think town is better for it. Could a wolf have done it? Sure, I just don’t feel like his play came from a scum position. Only note I have was his weak read on me and tank. I still don’t understand why you have tank locked as a scum and based on your description of me, I really should have been in null, not locked town. Overall, I’m still leaning town on Julian though.)
- Flurry (I don’t really see what’s so wolfy about flurry. He is engaging conversation and keeping critical, and also staying quite active. I know theres the whole julian vs flurry thing but I just don’t see a world where Flurry is a lock wolf. Saying that, there is a lot of flurrys posts I just don't know how to read, and I'm not really sure why.)

Null

- Punchy (Punchy’s play has been very towny and good questions ARE being asked but I also feel like they’re not following through very hard with their questions and I feel like it could be the type of towny play a wolf could make. There’s nothing I’ve read that leans him scum though so I’d be very hesitant to touch him any time soon.)
- Agent S (Agent S was always going to be a null for me cause nothing has stood out from him at all to me. I had to do a full ISO to write this. Everything seems super towny from what I’ve read but I don’t like how under the radar he seems to be flying)

Wolf Lean

- Rolf (This is the gut read of my scum leans. Their questions don’t seem to go anywhere, and he seems disconnected from the actions of the thread whenever he comments. He just seems to be using a lot of words to not actually say much. Under the radar is what I’m sensing)
- Apollo (I was scum reading apollo early for similar reasons as Maple, his gameplay was pretty useless in helping town in any way. After Maple called him out on this, he has shifted into being a lot more active in questioning and commenting on the game, which I really like. I’m just curious whether this shift was due to him getting more involved to avoid suspicion, or if he just waited until he had observed more of the game before digging in.)
- Chrissy (Chrissys play has been extremely wishy washy and they haven’t pushed the game in any sort of direction. I get that they entered the game late and they’ve been playing catchup, but all the clarification she seems to be asking for is mostly related to night actions rather than the chatter of the day phases. Is this a newer player trying to keep up with the game? Possibly, but I think its also possible its a wolf coming into the game late and trying to stay separated from all the more intense conversations.)
- Chief (I think Dora’s read on Chief’s vote being opportunistic is a very good one, especially as it supports my read on Chief and Zuckers interactions early in d0. I know people say not to put so much leverage on early game interactions, but looking back on the conversation, it just seems like banter between partners. His decrease in activity levels can either be based on actually just not having as much time to play, but his style and tone make me feel like he just doesn’t care anymore. This is why he is in my leans, not my lock pile, because I feel like a wolf would care and a wolf would try and defend themselves in the situation Chief is currently in.)

Wolf

- Matthilda (I have been scum reading Matthilda from the very start and I just want to know what they flip as at this point. They’re not interested in helping the game so I feel like its low risk. Their reactions to accusations have been extremely defensive and just don’t feel genuine.)
- Molly (Molly was, for me, the most suspicious vote on Zucker during first phase. She has been the most inactive player in the game based on post count and half the posts she has made have been word spam trying to defend herself. If previous games are anything to go by, this type of play is very wolfy)

I am exhausted, I'll probably respond to stuff for 5-10 minutes then I'm going to sleep. Nightmare of a day.
^^^
Old 03-13-2020, 10:25 AM   #2022
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

I think I should sleep... I've been awake for nearly 20 hours and have worked 48 hours in 4 days...
Old 03-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #2023
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Anyway, really do have to go now. Hoping I don't get freaking mod killed, I refer to the OPs of these games for any rules and such and didn't know that mentioning that I'd tried reaching out was an issue.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:28 AM   #2024
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Anyway, really do have to go now. Hoping I don't get freaking mod killed, I refer to the OPs of these games for any rules and such and didn't know that mentioning that I'd tried reaching out was an issue.
Honestly I hope you don't get modkilled as well. I want a fair and honest game where we all play within the rules.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:36 AM   #2025
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Maple are you getting the same negative aura from Chief that I am?
No. Just isn't helpful imo, we need helpful people.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:37 AM   #2026
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

I'm passing out guys... last thing I want to say is I want to hear more from our lynch candidates for the day.

I should be awake around 6-8pm
Old 03-13-2020, 10:38 AM   #2027
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
No. Just isn't helpful imo, we need helpful people.
So can we agree that Chief has a negative impact on town based on posts and tone?
Old 03-13-2020, 10:40 AM   #2028
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Also Mathilda what was the point of quoting Fauna's ENTIRE reads list? You could've easily just said "Fauna voted me"
Old 03-13-2020, 10:42 AM   #2029
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

I'll catch up again once I've caught on my sleep. I should be awake around 18:00-20:00
Old 03-13-2020, 10:53 AM   #2030
TWG Julian
FFR Player

really sorry to hear you're not doing well, xiz. hope you're able to start feeling better soon. hang in there!

same goes for everyone dealing with the pandemic too. stressful times right now. let's do our best and hope for the best too!
Old 03-13-2020, 10:54 AM   #2031
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

hey julian please give thoughts on today's lynch and also in general what what
Old 03-13-2020, 10:59 AM   #2032
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
hey julian please give thoughts on today's lynch and also in general what what
no!!!

lol, just kidding. could you imagine? i'm just catching up now
Old 03-13-2020, 11:30 AM   #2033
TWG Julian
FFR Player

thoughts:

please stop speculating about mechanics and what went down in the night again. waste of time and energy and clogs the thread for the people who don't have as much time/energy to catch up

cherry iso'ing tank is good for cherry. nothing a wolf couldn't do, of course, but a wolf would probably be more inclined to choose a more contentious target like molly or mathilda or myself instead? ehh, maybe not, have to assume wolves are smart, but at this point in the game don't need to be that paranoid.

as for the tank iso itself, i never noticed the lack of justification for the townread on apollo. i'd like to hear more from tank on that too.

fauna's reads list tells me my gut-read was the right read. seems well-thought out and with the right amount of detail that points towards a genuine attempt to work out the game. there's enough in there that i agree with too. only concern is that their wolf pile seems "too easy," if that makes sense. even if we include their null reads (punchy and agent s), the wolf pile is mostly people who haven't been engaged or haven't been posting much. there HAS to be at least one wolf who's putting in work and being active and coming off towny, right? it kind of reminds me of my early reads on del and boomer, and we know how that turned out!

i'm honestly starting to question my flurry read. maybe they are town. i'll admit that, aside from the stuff i've pointed out in thread, part of my read is that i thought i knew who they are and if they were town they'd be more aggressive, calling people stupid and pushing really hard on what they believed. also making more definitive statements, such as "we are lynching X today" over "we should lynch X today." maybe i'm wrong about who they are, or maybe someone's roleplaying as who i think it is. regardless, shouldn't bring meta reads into an anonymous game so i'll go back to null on them...maybe...

i'd like to hear more from maple on why me, and why so gung-ho right out of the gates too.

for the main wagons brought up, it sounds like chief/molly/mathilda/me, and i'm down with the first two. molly is where my interest is at. she has the wolfiest posts and playstyles out of the bunch.

chief i'm still kinda leaning town on (moving the vote to zucker to protect the cop does sound believable given the way chief seems to be approaching the game, but i can understand the opportunistic angle just as well too) but with enough people suspecting him, and with the level of activity he's brought to the game, i'd be happy to get that slot cleared up. that'd be my second choice. in all honesty, it's probably the wiser choice in terms of info, wagonomics, stuff like that. i just feel molly is more likely to be a hit.

mathilda is a tough nut to crack. the defensiveness and anger seems reasonably genuine to me. it's like how innocent people react when they're grilled in a police interrogation. outside of that, though, there's not much to read them town for. only reason i wouldn't want to lynch them today is because of that one post they made. better safe than sorry. chief/molly are solid leads, and we can give mathilda the benefit of the doubt for at least one more phase. we should wait for them to be around to defend themselves come eod, unless of course a pattern arises where they disappear at conveniently critical moments. then it's lynch time!
Old 03-13-2020, 11:30 AM   #2034
TWG Julian
FFR Player

molly

just in case my vote gets missed in all that text
Old 03-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #2035
TWG Julian
FFR Player

if i'm the doc i saved del n1 and eugene n2
if i'm the bloc i blocked phil n1 and agent s n2
if i'm the PI i investigated mathilda n1 and nobody n2
Old 03-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #2036
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
if i'm the doc i saved del n1 and eugene n2
if i'm the bloc i blocked phil n1 and agent s n2
if i'm the PI i investigated mathilda n1 and nobody n2
why eugene n2, why phil and agent s what what

mathilda i can see being justifiable and del is a no brainer
Old 03-13-2020, 11:48 AM   #2037
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
why eugene n2, why phil and agent s what what

mathilda i can see being justifiable and del is a no brainer
eugene because wolves were absolutely going to kill del and since i can't save the same person twice in a row i wanted to keep tonight's save for boomer. eugene is the towniest person here and the one most people have in their town pile so he'd probably be the first non-PR hunting candidate to go

phil because i didn't like the PR speculation from them, specifically telling del to claim if they have anything to claim but not zucker (although i believe him now about it being because zucker hadn't been in the thread for a long time). agent s i don't like him tunneling on me and going cold compared to how they played in the first phase. enough people are townreading or nullreading him too, which means if he's a wolf he's a decent candidate to send in the nightkill compared to someone like molly, chief, flurry, etc

and for mathilda, they and boomer were the only ones who didn't bring up the acquisitioner in any of their posts, which is something i thought the acquisitioner might do. between the two, boomer seemed more like a wolf while mathilda seemed more 3rd party so i went there
Old 03-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #2038
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
Apollo and julian. Chief I guess since nothing has been great coming from them, but I don't feel it as wolfy. Town doesn't need that play style regardless.
Echoing out this. I feel like a lot of the reads directed towards Chief are more tone-based and reaction-based rather than slips and scum reads.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:21 PM   #2039
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Heres some stuff

Town

- Boomer (very vigi)
- Eugene (I’ve already stated my case on Eugene earlier. Reads, reactions and emotions are very authentic and I think the arguably dumb observations they sometimes make are the result of over enthusiasm, typing before thinking. They play with no filter and I think that’s a very towny thing to do. I don’t think we should ever touch Eugene.)
- Cherry (Cherry is asking very good questions and noticing a lot of things that people are missing. They also don’t seem to be pocketing anyone which I really like. In particular, I like that they questioned Dora about the soft clear they did for everyone who was on the Zucker wagon before Del claimed. I’m still upset Dora never responded because I’m still struggling to read people like tank and flurry. I would be pretty surprised if Cherry was scum.)

Town Lean

- Tank (I’ve spent a lot of time reading Tank’s posts and it's frustrating because I sort of understand how he is getting from A to B mentally but the reasoning he gives is next to non-existent. I’m inclined to lean him town because even though he is much more big brain than I am, I do agree with a lot of the analysis he does that I understand.)
- Phil (I initially didn’t like the whole Roleblocker fiasco back in D1 but when I look at his overall play I really don’t see how his game is ever scum. He has been consistent in his reads, his progressions seem very natural, and he actually has an understanding of the game mechanics, which is more that I can say for a lot of people. For now, I see him as a benefit to town.)
- Maple (This is my biggest gut/tone read of my list of potential townys. I feel like their frustrations of not really being acknowledged are genuine, and I feel like they are doing their appropriate digging when they have their suspicions, even when I don’t necessarily agree with them. I think their suggestion of keeping the acq alive for a day is a very towny thing to suggest.)
- Julian (I still maintain that his play, especially at d0, has been especially towny. He opened up the conversation on a lot of people and quite frankly a lot of the interaction that’s been had would not have happened if it wasn’t for his play. It was aggressive but it worked, and I think town is better for it. Could a wolf have done it? Sure, I just don’t feel like his play came from a scum position. Only note I have was his weak read on me and tank. I still don’t understand why you have tank locked as a scum and based on your description of me, I really should have been in null, not locked town. Overall, I’m still leaning town on Julian though.)
- Flurry (I don’t really see what’s so wolfy about flurry. He is engaging conversation and keeping critical, and also staying quite active. I know theres the whole julian vs flurry thing but I just don’t see a world where Flurry is a lock wolf. Saying that, there is a lot of flurrys posts I just don't know how to read, and I'm not really sure why.)

Null

- Punchy (Punchy’s play has been very towny and good questions ARE being asked but I also feel like they’re not following through very hard with their questions and I feel like it could be the type of towny play a wolf could make. There’s nothing I’ve read that leans him scum though so I’d be very hesitant to touch him any time soon.)
- Agent S (Agent S was always going to be a null for me cause nothing has stood out from him at all to me. I had to do a full ISO to write this. Everything seems super towny from what I’ve read but I don’t like how under the radar he seems to be flying)

Wolf Lean

- Rolf (This is the gut read of my scum leans. Their questions don’t seem to go anywhere, and he seems disconnected from the actions of the thread whenever he comments. He just seems to be using a lot of words to not actually say much. Under the radar is what I’m sensing)
- Apollo (I was scum reading apollo early for similar reasons as Maple, his gameplay was pretty useless in helping town in any way. After Maple called him out on this, he has shifted into being a lot more active in questioning and commenting on the game, which I really like. I’m just curious whether this shift was due to him getting more involved to avoid suspicion, or if he just waited until he had observed more of the game before digging in.)
- Chrissy (Chrissys play has been extremely wishy washy and they haven’t pushed the game in any sort of direction. I get that they entered the game late and they’ve been playing catchup, but all the clarification she seems to be asking for is mostly related to night actions rather than the chatter of the day phases. Is this a newer player trying to keep up with the game? Possibly, but I think its also possible its a wolf coming into the game late and trying to stay separated from all the more intense conversations.)
- Chief (I think Dora’s read on Chief’s vote being opportunistic is a very good one, especially as it supports my read on Chief and Zuckers interactions early in d0. I know people say not to put so much leverage on early game interactions, but looking back on the conversation, it just seems like banter between partners. His decrease in activity levels can either be based on actually just not having as much time to play, but his style and tone make me feel like he just doesn’t care anymore. This is why he is in my leans, not my lock pile, because I feel like a wolf would care and a wolf would try and defend themselves in the situation Chief is currently in.)

Wolf

- Matthilda (I have been scum reading Matthilda from the very start and I just want to know what they flip as at this point. They’re not interested in helping the game so I feel like its low risk. Their reactions to accusations have been extremely defensive and just don’t feel genuine.)
- Molly (Molly was, for me, the most suspicious vote on Zucker during first phase. She has been the most inactive player in the game based on post count and half the posts she has made have been word spam trying to defend herself. If previous games are anything to go by, this type of play is very wolfy)

I am exhausted, I'll probably respond to stuff for 5-10 minutes then I'm going to sleep. Nightmare of a day.
So a few things:

I agree with Julian that the wolf pool is a little large. My take, if you punt Chrissy back to null for inactivity, and Chief for tone-reads, you basically end up with the same wolf pool as mine with exception to Molly being null and Julian being wolf lean.

Although in the grand scheme of things, Julian has been feeling a bit better for me. Still somewhat conflicted, but it's slowly moving into a confused town world for me similar to Flurry, but more bad plays and less confused.

Everything else on the reads list sounds more or less right. Still wanting to do an iso of Punchy & others today.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #2040
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
What Rolf says here. You only have a limited number of posts for us to work with! With you saying that you like to spread rumours, you can't expect people to know who you are and your style in an anon game. It's just goofy!

Post more readsies, pleasies.
And yes, I do realize I didn't actually ask you a question/ask you to do something, but now I have, mrmpht!
Apollo, post more readsies, pleasies.
Closed Thread