Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #181
Chocaholic
FFR Player

Question Re: A big problem for Evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdragoness View Post
You didn't understand what I said.

I said it's metaphorical - but, if you want to get real technical and don't mind using the Book of Mormon for reference:

Abraham 3:3 - "And the Lord said unto me: These are the governing [stars]: and the name of the great one is Kolob, because it is near unto me, for I am the Lord thy God: I have set this one to govern all those which belong to the same order as that upon which thou standest."

In more modern terms, that means Kolob is the closest star to God. And guess what? One day on Kolob is equal to one thousand years here on earth. So, if we assume that this is right and that Kolob's days = Heaven's days, we can say that it took at least 7,000 years to create the universe (which is much more plausible).

And I'd like you to give me reference to where it says in Genesis that God created everything in seven specific "earth days."

Info on Kolob: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolob
are you mormon?

LIVE like you where dieing,

WORK like you dont need the money,

LOVE like youve never been hurt.
"same-sex marrge in a state were they dont care, murder is wrong but jail times not fair, not to mention date,rape,felony,and car theft"~~~~ Hawk Nelson
"no matter where you go and what you do God will always love you; nothing can ever change that."
"its ok to be crazy just as long as it doesnt drive you nuts"
Chocaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #182
shadowraikiri
FFR Player

Location: On a rock on a planet in a solar system in a galaxy in a universe in a multiverse in a megaverse.
Send a message via AIM to shadowraikiri
Default Re: A big problem for Evolution?

forget this talk about the bible christianity is almost on the verge of distruction anyways with the supposed finding of jesus's tomb so cut the crap... i dont think anythink divine could've happened here. science has pretty much explained everything from the big bang which the found was absolutly true through gamma rays or like evolution with dawgbarf's funkydoodle expirement. jesus... science is preety much leading the basis of the future and the past. xD

I WIN!!!!
shadowraikiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #183
darkdragoness
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocaholic View Post
are you mormon?
Does it matter?

At the moment I'd say I'm more of a confused teen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraikiri View Post
forget this talk about the bible christianity is almost on the verge of distruction anyways with the supposed finding of jesus's tomb so cut the crap... i dont think anythink divine could've happened here. science has pretty much explained everything from the big bang which the found was absolutly true through gamma rays or like evolution with dawgbarf's funkydoodle expirement. jesus... science is preety much leading the basis of the future and the past. xD

I WIN!!!!
Why can't a God work through science?

Last edited by darkdragoness; 03-15-2007 at 06:50 PM..
darkdragoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #184
Chocaholic
FFR Player

you lose................ we are not monkeys!

er.....um....yea......... mormons have very wierd and hard to believe...er...beliefs

"same-sex marrge in a state were they dont care, murder is wrong but jail times not fair, not to mention date,rape,felony,and car theft"~~~~ Hawk Nelson
"no matter where you go and what you do God will always love you; nothing can ever change that."
Old 03-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #185
darkdragoness
FFR Player

Quote:

er.....um....yea......... mormons have very wierd and hard to believe...er...beliefs
It's the same thing as any other religion...

The only thing different is getting married in a temple instead of a church and limiting your caffeine intake.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #186
perkeyone
FFR Player

woo i read the entire thread and it only took 3 hours well i would like to clarify a few things. i will be editing this as i go back over a few things...

1 there are holes in the fossil record because the fossils have either been eraticated or they did not occur because the conditions were not favorable. to say that because the fossils are no longer there is the same as me pouring hydrocloric acid all over your dead ancestors and claiming they did not exist.

2 the bible cannot be used as evidence of an event occuring because it can not be proven to be factual. in fact i could wright a story about how i created the universe and found my own religion. then all i have to do is raise enough money to have an army and kill anyone who does not accept my religion then it will be the accepted truth.

3 humans did not evolve from monkeys. monkeys can not have human babies. think of a rainbow how red gradually turns into orange and then into yellow. red and yellow are compleatly different but they are connected through the "evolution" of color.

4 the reason it seems impossible to evolve new organs is because evolution is extreamly slow. in biology you learn that organisms are made of organ systems which are made of organs which are made up of tissues which are made up of cells. organisms dont imeadiately evolve organs they first evolve tissues.

5 the reason many religions incorperate a flood is because there probably was one and as we all should know history repeats its self.

need i go further i will answer any question to the best of my ability.

Last edited by perkeyone; 03-15-2007 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: mega-rape debunkage with a barbwire condom
perkeyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #187
darkdragoness
FFR Player

I agree the Bible can't be used as evidence, but I think the "what if"s that actually make sense make for an interesting discussion.

Still waiting for the Genesis reference, Choca...

Last edited by darkdragoness; 03-15-2007 at 06:57 PM..
Old 03-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #188
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
Indeed, we are not monkeys, but the human race did use to be an evolved form of primitive primates. The word gorilla actually came from a 5th century African tribe with hairy faces. I don't think that there is actually a magical man in the sky who made the everything that exists. (-_-) Evolution is way more believable and makes sense. And I bet you Christian tards are going to say ''Just because Christianity doesn't make sense doesn't mean it's not true. *boo hoo, blah blah blah*''

Come on. (-_-)
the_unda_doggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #189
Chocaholic
FFR Player

Quote:
It's the same thing as any other religion...

The only thing different is getting married in a temple instead of a church and limiting your caffeine intake.
no very diffrent..............I have friends that are mormons and what they think is very wierd............um.... I mean diffrent from what I (baptist)believe.
Im sorry I have too much suger, I dont even need it to be hyper. I just start laughing and cant stop and when I do Im slap happy(never baby sit with when your slap happy! its a long story if you want to know pm me^^)

Old 03-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #190
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Quote:
no very diffrent..............I have friends that are mormons and what they think is very wierd............um.... I mean diffrent from what I (baptist)believe.
Im sorry I have too much suger, I dont even need it to be hyper. I just start laughing and cant stop and when I do Im slap happy(never baby sit with when your slap happy! its a long story if you want to know pm me^^)
Please, shut the hell up. You are obviously not saying anything to contribute to this conversation. You are just here to throw out some stupid defenses of the bible and be an idiot. Gtfo. (-_-)
the_unda_doggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #191
darkdragoness
FFR Player

Quote:
Like what? Give me an example. I was reared Mormon (although I think I'm more agnostic currently) and can clear anything up.

Just... please... for the love of all that is good, do NOT say that Mormons are polygimists. :/
Old 03-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #192
perkeyone
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkeyone View Post
woo i read the entire thread and it only took 3 hours well i would like to clarify a few things. i will be editing this as i go back over a few things...

1 there are holes in the fossil record because the fossils have either been eraticated or they did not occur because the conditions were not favorable. to say that because the fossils are no longer there is the same as me pouring hydrocloric acid all over your dead ancestors and claiming they did not exist.

2 the bible cannot be used as evidence of an event occuring because it can not be proven to be factual. in fact i could wright a story about how i created the universe and found my own religion. then all i have to do is raise enough money to have an army and kill anyone who does not accept my religion then it will be the accepted truth.

3 humans did not evolve from monkeys. monkeys can not have human babies. think of a rainbow how red gradually turns into orange and then into yellow. red and yellow are compleatly different but they are connected through the "evolution" of color.

4 the reason it seems impossible to evolve new organs is because evolution is extreamly slow. in biology you learn that organisms are made of organ systems which are made of organs which are made up of tissues which are made up of cells. organisms dont imeadiately evolve organs they first evolve tissues.

5 the reason many religions incorperate a flood is because there probably was one and as we all should know history repeats its self.

need i go further i will answer any question to the best of my ability.
6 the reason something that has an insanely small chance of happening, such as the spontainious and random creation of life, actually did happen is because the ammount of time and the number of chances for it to happen are infinite.

7 the reason why faith can not be used as proof is because if i have faith that i will survive a 100 story fall off of a building onto flaming chainsaws covered in acid, i will still die. why? you might ask, because science prooves i can not survive such an encounter.

8 the reason there are still apes on earth is because they divergently evolved. that means some of them followed the path towards being human, where as the others didnt.

9 the reason something super natural can not be evidence for something natural is because super natural things do not have empirical evidence to support them. the reason they dont have evidence might be linked to the fact that they dont exist.

10 the reason why many animals are sexually reproductive is because sexuall reproduction allows the exchange of genetic information and there for more combinations of genes are possible and survival of the species is increased.

Last edited by perkeyone; 03-15-2007 at 07:31 PM..
Old 03-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #193
Chocaholic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_unda_doggz View Post
Indeed, we are not monkeys, but the human race did use to be an evolved form of primitive primates. The word gorilla actually came from a 5th century African tribe with hairy faces. I don't think that there is actually a magical man in the sky who made the everything that exists. (-_-) Evolution is way more believable and makes sense. And I bet you Christian tards are going to say ''Just because Christianity doesn't make sense doesn't mean it's not true. *boo hoo, blah blah blah*''

Come on. (-_-)
that is really......(how should I say this with out hurting you?) how can you believe that? you are wayyyyy too pretty/handsome to be a monkey!...er..... primate..

Old 03-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #194
darkdragoness
FFR Player

Quote:
that is really......(how should I say this with out hurting you?) how can you believe that? you are wayyyyy too pretty/handsome to be a monkey!...er..... primate..
Nobody said he was a monkey... In fact, I believe his first words were "Indeed, we are not monkeys."
Old 03-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #195
perkeyone
FFR Player

Quote:
humans and monkeys are seperate species.
they have a common ancestors.
learn to read/dont ignore the countless times that has been said
Old 03-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #196
Chocaholic
FFR Player

Quote:
Like what? Give me an example. I was reared Mormon (although I think I'm more agnostic currently) and can clear anything up.

Just... please... for the love of all that is good, do NOT say that Mormons are polygimists. :/
ok since I love whats good I wont^^

(correct me if Im wrong)
1. you believe that God survies from a sun on a distant galaxy.
2.you say God created the world in 7,oo years.

soo many more but what I like that even though you believe diffrently from me you still believe that Jesus came to die for us and you under stand how much He loves us^^

Old 03-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #197
Chocaholic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkeyone View Post
humans and monkeys are seperate species.
they have a common ancestors.
learn to read/dont ignore the countless times that has been said
I have been reading. no matter how many time you say it. it doesnt make it true.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #198
perkeyone
FFR Player

Quote:
I have been reading. no matter how many time you say it. it doesnt make it true.
as goes for the bible idiot
Old 03-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #199
RandomPscho
FFR Player

Quote:
So now you think that humans and apes are the same?
RandomPscho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #200
darkdragoness
FFR Player

Quote:
ok since I love whats good I wont^^

(correct me if Im wrong)
1. you believe that God survies from a sun on a distant galaxy.
2.you say God created the world in 7,oo years.

soo many more but what I like that even though you believe diffrently from me you still believe that Jesus came to die for us and you under stand how much He loves us^^
When did I say that God survives on a sun?

I said that, in theory, the star in Mormonism that is supposed to be closest to Heaven is named Kolob, and that 1 day on Kolob is 1,000 years on earth.

It appears that you read everything I typed wrong.