Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #181
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG XXXV - Knick It In The Bud

What the hell, Tass? blah and ap would have been WAAAAAAAAAAY better choices for saving yourself.

What did Tps do ever that was worthy of a vote?

edit: oh btw, omega and flypie are wolves because they intentionally made votes knowing they'd have no effect on anything
Old 08-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #182
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

Chicago was next on the clock, and their time was coming close to being up when David Stern came back out to the podium and said the dreaded words.

"There has been a trade."

Another murmur ran through the crowd, although this one was noticably less enthused.

In the back room, Tyrus Thomas broke down. "**** this ****, man, I can't take it any more. I'm outta here. I need some air."

Thomas ran out of the room. Sefolosha shouted something at him as he ran out, but it was in Swedish so no one understood.

Back at the podium, Stern let a smile cross his face. "Just kidding." The audience actually cheered this announcement, because it meant that at least Isiah Thomas couldn't **** anything up this time.

"With the second pick in the 2006 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select Tyrus Thomas, forward, LSU."

But Thomas was nowhere to be found.

After a minute, Stern got back on the mic. "Apparently Tyrus Thomas isn't with us tonight. Moving along, the Charlotte Hornets are now on the clock." He then walked back behind the curtain, muttering under his breath.

---

It is now Night 2. You have voted to lynch Tps.

Tasselfoot (Randy Foye)
FishFishRevolution (J.J. Redick)
GuidoHunter (Saer Sene)
JurseyRider734 (Shelden Williams)
flypie743 (Rudy Gay)
Shashakiro (Cedric Simmons)
CypherToorima (LaMarcus Aldridge)
StoicRoivaS (Rodney Carney)
Kefit (Brandon Roy)
blahblah18 (Hilton Armstrong)
Omeganitros (Andrea Bargnani)
aperson (Adam Morrison)
Afrobean (Ronnie Brewer)
Wilkin (Thabo Sefolosha)

Wolves, kill someone.
Everyone, send in your lottery picks. My watch currently reads 9:12.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #183
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
edit: oh btw, omega and flypie are wolves because they intentionally made votes knowing they'd have no effect on anything
#1: Didn't feel like Tass/Blah/ap should be voted off in this early stage of the game. I would have liked to see a little bit more from them before I voted one of them of.
#2: Didn't think Tps deserved my vote. He doesn't seem wolfish to me.
#3: Didn't wanna put a placeholder vote.
#4: Iggy's posts did give off an odd vibe (pushing so hard for the guide picks to be out in the open) to me and I thought he deserved my vote the most.

Also, I knew Tass was going to vote for Tps before he even posted? Why? Because it would be too risky to lynch blah or ap in this early stage like I mentioned above. They are both very smart and I for one didn't see too much wolf in either of them. So the only person left for Tass to save himself was Tps - throw in some rather weak reasoning and you have a vote!

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #184
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

To be honest, I tried to swing votes elsewhere, away from blah, ap, or tps... but there just weren't enough people on AIM to do it.

So I voted tps, for the reasons listed above... AND, for the reasons flypie listed.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #185
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

ap might be smart, but what good is it when he hardly ever posts and when he has posted he suggested a highly controversial idea which some attributed to a wolf suggesting an idea which appeared to help the humans but in reality helped the wolves a lot more.

Really, I guess I'm just mad that the one person I wanted to go, the second person I would have been satisfied with going, and a third I was more or less indifferent on were beaten in the end by someone I see no reason for having any votes, and that the worst part of it is that I could have affected it at least slightly, but talked myself out of it.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #186
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
ap might be smart, but what good is it when he hardly ever posts and when he has posted he suggested a highly controversial idea which some attributed to a wolf suggesting an idea which appeared to help the humans but in reality helped the wolves a lot more.

Really, I guess I'm just mad that the one person I wanted to go, the second person I would have been satisfied with going, and a third I was more or less indifferent on were beaten in the end by someone I see no reason for having any votes, and that the worst part of it is that I could have affected it at least slightly, but talked myself out of it.
Have you ever looked at my past games you fucking retard? Goddamn you're an idiot. When I'm actually alive I do all kinds of awesome badass stuff that always leads us to victory. The only problem is that I'm usually so wild and exciting that I get wolfed night two. But hey, at least I'm bringing stuff to the table this game instead of jumping on Tass's nuts for the sake of jumping on Tass's nuts like your queer ass always does.

And the reason I say us in that above paragraph is because I think we're on the same team. I don't think you're a wolf; I just think you're some dumb misguided human with a brain a bit too small to comprehend what is going on.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #187
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

My name is Scott and I endorse the above message

Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #188
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Wait, I'm a wolf cuz what?

I didn't want to get a phnatom, silly.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #189
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson
I'm bringing stuff to the table this game
That's funny.

I don't think an idea which is discreditted shortly after being suggested is really worthy of identifying it as a contribution.

Hell, night 1 I suggested that the vigi come out. It was immediately shot down, and even I agree, because the vigi coming out makes no sense at all and is a complete waste when the bane is already out. The thing that bothers me is that this was already well established by the time your "stuff" was discussed-- you should have known that it wouldn't fly, and even better, that it would gain us nothing at all, and in fact would hinder our chances of guarding, and in turn, use of the vigi powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap
When I'm actually alive I do all kinds of awesome badass stuff that always leads us to victory. The only problem is that I'm usually so wild and exciting that I get wolfed night two.
So your excuse is that you're normally wolfed for being so helpful, so this game you decided to try not helping at all? Or are you saying that your plan to waste our guard votes on an exposed vigi was your "awesome badass stuff" that would lead us to victory and that you still intended to get wolfed day 2 over that one post?

@omega: maybe I should come up with some way of identifying when I'm not totally serious. I thought the fact that I used "btw" and my lack of proper capialization and punctuation were enough, but I guess not.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #190
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:39 PM   #191
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Quote:
Down's syndrome bile

HEY DUMBSHIT DID YOU NOTICE HOW AFTER I REALIZED IT WOULDN'T WORK I DIDN'T TRY TO PRESS IT OR CREATE SOME CONSOLATION POST FOR IT

Yeah that would be a brilliant strategy for a wolf, come up with an idea that probably won't go through and that sounds possibly wolfy on a completely obvious scale. Here let me put this in big red letters so your retarded ****** ass can understand this: I was just hashing through some possible ideas that were a bit out of the norm to see if any could possibly be viable.

Hey I've got an idea Afrobean. If I'm a wolf this game, then after this game I will never post on the forum again. If I'm a human, then after this game you have to fuck off and never bother us with your retarded bullshit ever again you fat ****** band nerd.

Love,
aperson

Old 08-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #192
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yikes.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #193
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omeganitros

Yikes.
Posting screenshots is against tribal council rules go kill yourself jew

Old 08-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #194
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

Please don't get yourself banned, I've run out of subs. >_>
Old 08-11-2006, 01:17 AM   #195
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Quote:
and regarding the MW analogy: I only glanced at the posts, but the statistics aren't really what was meant by the analogy, I'm sure. I'd imagine it was used to further elaborate into the "don't trust a guarded person 100%" I've been so adamant about because the same is true of a seer'd human in a game with MW. Any person seer'd human in a game with MW is not trusted as definitely human and that's the point to be made about guarded people in this game.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypie743
I'm gonna put my vote on iggy/stoic because of iggy's behavior Day 1. He was pushing really really hard for guard votes to be out in the public and it just seemed odd to me.
Please don't misunderstand Iggy's idea. His idea is viable, although maybe not immensely helpful, it is viable. Iggy did not suggest that guard votes be "out in public". Iggy suggested that we informally PM our picks to Cypher (a "confirmed" human) and have him keep them. The purpose of this has yet to be fully discovered/decided upon/implemented, but unless many very smart people became randomly stricken with retardedness, this holds no drawbacks against the humans; unless of course you don't trust Cypher... Hope this clears up the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicRoivaS
And the point of this post is....
None, yet.

I've nothing terribly important or relevant to add as of yet. Tps doesn't sit too well for me. He's contributed pretty much nothing to the game thus far so I can't readily complain. He calls "Afro Shash Iggy and Blah" as the wolves back on page 6 and makes some [joking?] point about suspects and evidence being found in reverse order, whatever. He's probably a human, meh. He said he'd be back Thursday, yesterday by my location. That's all for now. Peace.

P.S. Maybe if I were cool I'd say something like: "Sup, night" or "ROFL LEGAL NIGHT POST!!1shiftone" but, alas, I'm not that cool.
-Bowser
Old 08-11-2006, 03:09 AM   #196
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

i think later he said he didn't mean me

Old 08-11-2006, 03:48 AM   #197
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Ok, I'm positive I'm going to get a lot of crap for this, but here's the best I could possibly come up with:

Back to the idea of a strategy for guarding, I'm convinced that there has to be something for us to gain by organizing our votes. Think about this, we have 10+ players that will (hopefully) cooperate to the letter, and 3 or less people that are going to try and screw with the plan, on top of that we have 2 players that are "confirmed" human and can manage things behind the scenes, nearly 100% out of wolves reach of influence. Given this alone I am convinced that there has to be a better plan than random guarding/guard yourself. If we were to go with the everyone guard themselves route, we would have 1 out of (number of humans * number of players) chance for a guard, and I don't think I need to point out the fact that those are horrible odds. I was thinking about this fact and came to the conclusion that there must be something better than 1/130 or 0.8%.

Here's where the problem comes in: If any plan is divulged to the public, the wolves have it just as much as cypher does, and thusly will have/find a way to abuse it to their advantage. With this in mind, I came up with the best idea I possibly could. I looked over many many situations and think I have the best one. If everyone is willing, I'll send my ideas to cypher, and he'll coordinate PMs to everyone telling them who to guard. The humans will [hopefully] listen as instructed and the wolves will be given their 3 names to observe and ponder over. They'll see a list of 3 random names and will hopefully have no real plan to abuse the guard strategy.

So, again, if the problem isn't clear by now, I'll spell it out a bit more clearly. I'll propose and idea to cypher and he and the mystery vigi can tell the forum how good or bad they think it is. If it's agreed upon by enough people, cypher and vigi will send us all people to guard, and those of us that are humans will guard who we are told to. aka, I'M NOT DIVULGING THE PLAN AT ALL, NOT HERE AND NOT TO ANYONE THAT DOESN'T ALREADY KNOW IT.

There is one person that I discussed it with (to confirm my logic/stats with) and myself. So yes, this is asking a bit of faith on my part. I'm pretty new to TWG but I'll assure you I'm no slouch in reality, and the other person that I discussed the idea with is more than respected here. So you'll be trusting me and player X to actually be human, and you'll be trusting me, player X, cypher, and the mystery vigi to come up with a reasonable plan. Yes, that's a very large amount of trust to be throwing around, but I ask you, what would you be doing with your votes otherwise? You'd be guarding yourself or guarding a top tiered player. You know whether or not you're human, but you can't be sure about the top tiered player. I'm doing the best I can for my team and I don't expect my proposal to come off well on anyone, but I've considered every case I can think of, and this is the best way.

Let me know what you all think. If it's accepted by enough people, I'll PM cypher with instructions and he can get the idea out by the next game day. Peace.
-Bowser
Old 08-11-2006, 07:08 AM   #198
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicRoivaS
Please don't misunderstand Iggy's idea. His idea is viable, although maybe not immensely helpful, it is viable. Iggy did not suggest that guard votes be "out in public". Iggy suggested that we informally PM our picks to Cypher (a "confirmed" human) and have him keep them. The purpose of this has yet to be fully discovered/decided upon/implemented, but unless many very smart people became randomly stricken with retardedness, this holds no drawbacks against the humans; unless of course you don't trust Cypher... Hope this clears up the confusion.
Iggy did suggest for our guard votes to be publicized. Here are two quotes that show that in case you missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter
How about if everyone sent thier choice to cypher and he posted them all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter
I still think that everyone should give who they guarded last night.
Omega was the one who suggested that we PM cypher our picks and he keeps them as a future tool for finding wolves and as you can see a page back I made a post agreeing with him.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #199
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Stoic: That's pretty unorthodox...A plan that neither side is in on (except the 2 humans). Huh. I dunno. Maybe. Maybe! As they say, "It just might be crazy enough to work!"

The question is if people still want to do the "You get your lotto picked for you" thing.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #200
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Stoic... 2 things.

1. your statistics are quite wrong. 1/130, or something around there, would be the odds if only ONE human had a vote. You need to multiply that odds for 1 human by the number of human votes to get the actual odds. simple probability in action... and I thought you said you were a math major?

2. you're put your faith, apparently, into a random player... so not only are we to trust YOU with an idea that most people don't particularly agree with... we now have to trust a SECOND person. Not to mention you say he is well respected, which leads me to believe someone like blah, who has been fairly suspicious to most of us. cause you sure didn't come to me about it. odds of being ****ed in the ass? high.