Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2003, 04:17 AM   #1
Ice-Dragon
FFR Player

Default Techniques for FFR

I was wondering how other people played on their keyboards. I personally play with 2 fingers (the same way I play ddr, I even cross over my fingers sometimes), and I get good scores doing this, but its pretty much impossible to move my fingers that fast on songs like uber rave. Do most people use a finger for each key or do you just have freakishly overdeveloped finger muscles?
Ice-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 07:02 AM   #2
plasmix
FFR Player

1. Fingers do NOT have muscles.

2. Look at the "n00bs READ" sticky topic.
plasmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:36 AM   #3
altairian
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to altairian Send a message via MSN to altairian

fingers do have muscles, they just aren't in your finger
Reach: there was this bee. i hate bee\'s...i tryed to kill it, but then it didn\'t die and it started making weird noises so i was like oh (#$% hes gonna sting me. i started running but i triped over some rock and rolled down a hill into the river.
altairian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:38 AM   #4
Nima
FFR Player

ok, number one it is possible to move your fingers fast enough if you just use two fingers (1 on each hand) take someone like arch for example... you just need practice. Some people play with one hand, some with two... I use a combination. Usually two hands two right fingers (up and right), two left (left and down), and hit jumps with right hand alone.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:15 AM   #5
ThunderMage
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by altairian
Some people have brains, but some people don't
ThunderMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:00 AM   #6
altairian
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to altairian Send a message via MSN to altairian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMage
Quote:
I submit exhibit A: Thundermage

altairian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:45 AM   #7
dontcareaboutmyid
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to dontcareaboutmyid Send a message via Yahoo to dontcareaboutmyid

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMage
Quote:
I submit exhibit A: Thundermage

i submit exibit B: ice-dragon
dontcareaboutmyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 12:59 PM   #8
hund
FFR Player

Please noobs, stop asking the same questions over and over again. Everyone plays different, so stop asking this question.
Think about it, your playin chess with an old man in the park, he messes up and you use your pawn to kill his knight or something, then you can get up and shout \"Pawned your arse old man!\" and run away!
hund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:09 PM   #9
Dafreak
FFR Player

the best thing to do keep one finger on each arrow so then you dont always have to move ur fingers a bunch thats what i do!
Dafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:14 PM   #10
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

People need to stop posting retarded threads like this...

But, oh well...

I use one hand, three fingers.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:15 PM   #11
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

I used both middle fingers .
Old 10-15-2003, 08:18 PM   #12
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

I use 2 fingers, my index finger on my right hand and my index finger on my left hand.

And do not ask for tips, advice does not make you better.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:16 PM   #13
Cenright
You thought I was a GUY?!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Location: Beaumont (A town with 25 times fewer people than this site)
Send a message via AIM to Cenright Send a message via MSN to Cenright Send a message via Yahoo to Cenright

Here's the Quad Technique for people who can make their brain think of each finger as always being assigned to one key. It is real easy for 2 keys-at-a-time combos as soon as you learn the technique.

It uses the index and middle finger on both hands. Place your left hand in front of the keyboard for the left arrow (left hand, middle finger) and right arrow (left hand, index finger). Your right hand is over the 10 key, fingers facing towards the middle of the keyboard. If your hand is big enough, you rest the thumb just under the "0", "Period", and "Enter" keys, with the bottom of your palm resting just to the right of the "+" and "Enter" keys. The down key is your right hand's index finger, and the up key is the right hand's middle finger. After in this position, you can find more comfortable locations to rest your hands. This is for a standard keyboard, and is really hard to use on a Microsoft Natural, but can still be done.

(Main Problem for your brain!!!)
You will switch the Up and Down Arrows in your head in the beginning. Just keep at it, your brain will adjust.
Cenright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:42 PM   #14
MikeyFox
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenright
Here's the Quad Technique for people who can make their brain think of each finger as always being assigned to one key. It is real easy for 2 keys-at-a-time combos as soon as you learn the technique.

It uses the index and middle finger on both hands. Place your left hand in front of the keyboard for the left arrow (left hand, middle finger) and right arrow (left hand, index finger). Your right hand is over the 10 key, fingers facing towards the middle of the keyboard. If your hand is big enough, you rest the thumb just under the "0", "Period", and "Enter" keys, with the bottom of your palm resting just to the right of the "+" and "Enter" keys. The down key is your right hand's index finger, and the up key is the right hand's middle finger. After in this position, you can find more comfortable locations to rest your hands. This is for a standard keyboard, and is really hard to use on a Microsoft Natural, but can still be done.

You will switch the Up and Down Arrows in your head in the beginning. Just keep at it, your brain will adjust.
"Your right hand is over the 10 key..."
i dont have a 10 key
MikeyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:26 AM   #15
Cenright
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cenright Send a message via MSN to Cenright Send a message via Yahoo to Cenright

Im guessing this is a laptop then

The 10 key is on the right side. you put your left hand on first very low. your right hand then goes on top, sticking out to the right so that your right hand index finger is above your left hand index finger. it isnt the other way around.

I think you would be able to figure that one out mr. controvercial. Did that ever get settled? Oh yeah, and if you go to the end of that "MickeyFox Cheater? I think not" forum, i have another post there. maybe a little intesting if you like programming.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:49 AM   #16
plasmix
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenright

How about no. Playing one handed pwnz.
plasmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:04 AM   #17
Cleone
FFR Player

I always wonder if the people who play with 'two hands' are the same kind of people you see in the arcades occasionally, where they get two people on one pad and just jump up and down on two arrows each like idiots. I saw two girls doing that on Afronova once (on light, even).

I've also seen times where a person on the pad presses the left, right and up arrows, and they get a friend to stand behind the bar to press the down arrow... oddly enough, those were girls too..

It's kinda weird how it seems that non-japanese girls stereotypically only play the easiest songs over and over again and still suck at them, whereas the stereotypical japanese guy only ever plays the hardest of the hard songs over and over until he passes out from lack of water or something (I've seen that happen, a japanese kid about 15 years old kept playing hard songs and putting more money in without breaks, and actually passed out after a while).

I don't know which is more ridiculous, the girls who can't get through a song with more than three 'feet', or the guys who end up hurting themselves.

Of course, there's the opposites as well, i've seen many english/american guys who think they're 'cool' practically fall off the pad from doing so badly (then proceed to call it a 'stupid game for gays'), and japanese girls tend to be totally awesome at DDR. Yay stereotypes!
Cleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 01:41 PM   #18
Cenright
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default DDR

I have to agree the the quad technique does seem a little bit like cheating, but It creates a lot more Boos. But then again, that would make 3-finger techniques cheating too. The quad technique is still using one brain. You aren't having a friend sit there pressing 2 buttons while you press the other 2. You could have 4 people around the keyboard and just press their button when it comes. You could probably get a high score on Hellbeat. With only one brain, you still have to press all the buttons yourself. It simplifies the game sometimes, but you also run the problem of mistaking the Up and the Down arrows in your head. It completely throws you off. So there are benefits once you get a little more familliar with it, but there are also drawbacks.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:26 PM   #19
Dafreak
FFR Player

wOw useing your middle fingers? that is really hard......probobly.... i use 4 fingers its a pretty weird method......not just3 but 4 fingers...
Old 10-17-2003, 09:54 PM   #20
eldiabo3005
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to eldiabo3005

Ohhhh. I was like "a 10 key?" WTF is wrong with him?!?! But I get it now.