Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 08:57 AM   #1
Neonatrias
MAЯISA
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias
Default Do You Screw With What You Don't Know About?

There are a lot of things out there that drive people to do stupid stuff. A lot of those things, we don't understand. And that's exactly why we do it; because we wanna find out, damn it.

It's like a kid sticking a knife into a wall outlet. Not the brightest thing to do, but at least you know not to do it again. ^_^

So, I ask the question. Have you ever done anything stupid for the sake of curiosity? Do you screw with what you don't know about? =P
Old 11-17-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
jamuko
FFR Player

Default RE: Do You Screw With What You Don

My brother once wanted to test the idea that lightbulbs are hot. He went up to a lamp that was on, grabbed the bulb with his full palm, and didn't let go for several seconds. He got some nasty blisters that didn't go away for quite a while... I think it was an 80-watt bulb.

Hm, he also didn't believe me once that a cactus we saw was still full of needles. It looked fuzzy, so he was convinced it must not be harmful even though I warned him. Of course, he touched the thing in an effort to prove me wrong. Ow.

He also stepped on a jellyfish that was washed up on the beach, trying to prove it was only a plastic bag. o_O He got lucky there though, and made it out unscathed.
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
jamuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
Varia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Varia Send a message via MSN to Varia Send a message via Yahoo to Varia

When I was little, I wanted to know what hot sauce smelled like.

ARE YOU HOMOSEXUAL?

I THINK SO
Varia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:50 AM   #4
X-Calibur
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Do You Screw With What You Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamuko
He also stepped on a jellyfish that was washed up on the beach, trying to prove it was only a plastic bag. o_O He got lucky there though, and made it out unscathed.

I once grabbed one out of "wounderment"(that took me long to think of that ) anyway grabbed it at the tenticals,Ouch, well, you can tell how i felt
X-Calibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:57 AM   #5
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XXXsmittyXXX Send a message via Skype™ to XXXsmittyXXX
Default RE: Re: RE: Do You Screw With What You Don

one time i jumped from my second story window. i broke my left leg and my wrists. i wanted to see if i could stand the fall but..i didnt.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

You know how batteries have to go in a certain way and there are little pictures to guide you, and the flat end goes on the spring and the end with the nub doesn't? Well I wondered what would happen if I put them in the other way, so I tried it in my old Gameboy (olllllllld grey ones, this was back in the day). I put the batteries in, turned the Gameboy on, and nothing happened. So I took the batteries out (they were kinda hot, but I can't remember if it was from me playing the Gameboy a lot before I did this or because of having them in backwards). Now, since they were backwards, the nub was in the spring. If you can remember the springs in the back of Gameboys, then you'll know they were kinda big, the ends happen to be about the same size as the nub on the batteries. So the nub was kinda stuck in the spring so when I pulled it out the spring kinda got pulled up and stretched.

So I, being the smart kid I was, figured I should push the spring back in. Well apparently those springs get really really hot when the electricity goes through them, so I shoved the spring down and it burned the hell out of me. I had a little circle on my index finger for like, months afterwards. It was pretty guy. =\

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #7
Nemosta
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Nemosta
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Do You Screw With What You Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX
one time i jumped from my second story window. i broke my left leg and my wrists. i wanted to see if i could stand the fall but..i didnt.
I'm guessing you were young? Most other people would know plenty about the aftermath of jumping out of a second storey window, and not from the benefit of experience either.
Nemosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:36 AM   #8
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Do You Screw With What You Don

I usually check out howstuffworks.com before I do stupid stuff.

Can't remember anything super-dumb I've done off the top of my head though, i'll keep thinking.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #9
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

I've never done anything extraordinarily stupid.

I came into this thread thinking the title read, "Do You Screw With People You Don't Know About?"

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:51 PM   #10
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I Like To Capitalize Every Word In A Sentence.
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:07 PM   #11
AnarchyKILLZ
FFR Player

This One time Me and my friends were bored so we went down to this creek. We found an entire 5 gallon container of Karosine and Earlier we found the motherload of glass bottles. they where all Zima crap.

We put karosine in the bottles and lit sticks on fire and threw the bottles at rocks.
Well, this one hit a rock and a whole bunch of glass cut me up.

It hurt.

This on time I Licked and electric fence too
AnarchyKILLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #12
ruifio894
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to ruifio894 Send a message via AIM to ruifio894 Send a message via Yahoo to ruifio894

I one time, grabbed the wrong end of a curling iron. Also one time, I was pissed at my brother who was outside of this clear glass wall at a mall, I ran at him ready to punch his face in and smashed through the glass and bashed into some pottery. $200 in glass repair, $60 dollars for smashed pottery, and $120 for medical costs. You would think my parents would ground me or do something like that, or yell and scream. No out of the corner of my eye I saw my dad cracking up as I ran screaming to the bathroom.
Incredibly stupid.

Then I started playing FFR.

Another time my brother gave me 10 dollars to try to gurgle quarters. So I ended up choking, then swollowing the quarters. Following that was extreme stomach pains, and I had to dig through my own shit to find them. Fuck I wanted 50 cents.

ruifio894 is offline   Reply With Quote