Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you, the people, want?
Remain the Same as it was, without points nor MVP 9 39.13%
Add a Point/Leaderboard System 8 34.78%
Add a MVP Pip system 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2005, 05:35 PM   #21
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman
Default RE: Re: RE: POLL: Do you want some sort of point/MVP system

not saying you can't brag, but points codify it and make it more "official". It'll just add bitterness to arguments about who is better than who. Points are a bad attempt to quantify skill or something, and I think it just leads to stratification that the game doesn't need. People know who's good and who's not, no need to make "skill" a variable and start assigning it values.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:31 PM   #22
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

MY OPINION:

I don't really care.

Main reason: internet points=serious business
Old 10-30-2005, 06:44 PM   #23
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchypanda
The trouble with the points system is undeserved value can be placed on people who play, and live up to posting standards that have been set, but still don't contribute. I think, rather than points, the MVP award should be reinstated, and given to anyone who contributed to a victory. I.E: if any number wolves survive to win a game, all three are listed on a sticky or something for that game, with a brief description of how awesome those people are. Or if a blue picks correctly, leading to an eventual human victory, s/he is given credit.

This will serve two purposes. One: it will give well-deserved credit to hard-working players. Two: it will encourage players to be active, thoughtful, creative, and respectful.
Since the MVP/Pip thing doesn't exactly answer this, I vote no change.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:58 PM   #24
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Ok, yea I don't play TWG but someday I would like to...

I really like eb's idea.

The only thing that I would change is that I wouldn't update the points for like a game or two. But, this has ups and downs. Positive: Keeps the point system, of which I am in favor of. Waiting a few days could also give TWG or the host some time to figure out who really deserves what points and things. Also, it doesn't show how good they have been playing recently which can be a positive and a negative thing. As for negatives, this wouldn't be kept up to date, and as I said before - it doesn't show how good they have been playing recently.

Now, that isn't really much, but it would have a big impact on the point system which just might be what is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #25
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: POLL: Do you want some sort of point/MVP sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Ok, eb convinced me that it really doesn't matter.
Here's how:

evilbutterfly87: well still, it's not like the points will change anything
evilbutterfly87: I just like statistics
evilbutterfly87: there's no reason for the point system
evilbutterfly87: but there's no real reason against it either
evilbutterfly87: it's all just a matter of whether you or I care about seeing stats or not
Afrobean16: the points will give tass one more thing to brag about
Afrobean16: he already brags about enough shit
Afrobean16: I don't think we should give him anything else
Afrobean16: especially when it's not even neeeded
evilbutterfly87: That's the thing, Tass is the only one not lazy enough to gather and do the stats
evilbutterfly87: I want the point system because then he'll make stats for me and I can be like "well I've done this better than you, and bob owns you in this."
Afrobean16: yea, well I kinda rubbed it in his face that he was a terrible wolf
Afrobean16: and he just kinda respnded "ya I know, I do alliances though and I don't care about other stuff"
evilbutterfly87: *shrug*
Afrobean16: exactly what Tass's response would be to you telling him how you own him at some things and others own him at other things
evilbutterfly87: I don't care. I want the numbers to see where I stand.
evilbutterfly87: Seriously, it's just opinions here.
evilbutterfly87: I think the stat system should be there, and if you don't like it, just ignore it.
Afrobean16: ok, that makes sense
Afrobean16: but it does complicate things more than they need to be
Afrobean16: you gotta admit that
evilbutterfly87: *shrug* Tass would keep track of it, since he humps the leg of statistics.
Afrobean16: indeed

Afrobean16: even though I'd still prefer to not have it so Tass has nothing new to brag about
evilbutterfly87: rofl, forget him, he'll brag as much or as little as he wants, regardless
evilbutterfly87: he already has those stats, which is his own little point system
Afrobean16: yea you're right
Afrobean16: but he skews those stats however he feels
evilbutterfly87: which is why a formal point system is ownage

So basically, if you don't like reading convos: If we implement the stat system, it'll mean minimal more work, and people who want it will have it, and everybody else can just ignore it completely. I just think it'll be cool to see statistics about things, and I know other people feel this way.

And if we implement stats, we would obviously sort things out beforehand, and stats would mean absolutely nothing (just like pips), so it's not like "You can't play in TWG until you get 50 points in jTWG" or anything, it's just a number that shows how much you've done according to a little list. It's not a big deal, which is why it doesn't matter, which is why you shouldn't be so hard against it. The only thing it would change is it would make people more active if they care about points (and whether you admit it or not, most of you care about points deep down). If they don't care about points, then adding it isn't going to phase them, they'll just ignore it.

Kinda like when pips were around, some people didn't have the pip thing in their signature because they didn't care about them. Points won't harm anything.

For now though, I think more people are concerned with just starting the next game.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:10 PM   #26
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Guys... someone mentioned earlier that you all were missing the point as to why TWC even considered a point system, and even now considers a point system. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH E-PENISES.

It has to do with positive reenforcement for activity. Our problem is with people being overly inactive, and a point system rewards people for both being active and for being helpful. The reasons listed in the thread are valid, but the reasons listed against a point system are equally valid. We did away with Pips because it forced individualism and messed with the team nature of the game. If the point system is about "who is the best", it will do the exact same thing.

And, in regards to my spreadsheet... it keeps track of every person's survival in each game, their team win in each game, and a totals page. If you want a copy of it, just ask me. This is everything through this past game, listed with total team wins 1st, then if there is a tie, highest percentage (most wins in least games played) is highest. Also pip wins are listed, but have nothing to do with order:

PLAYERS Wins Games Percentage Survivals
Tasselfoot 12 19 0.632 7
Kilgamayan 11 17 0.647 6
Lightdarkness 11 18 0.611 6
BlahBlah18 11 19 0.579 7
JurseyRider734 9 10 0.900 5
Kefit 8 12 0.667 4
Afrobean 7 11 0.636 5
Talisman 7 11 0.636 3
Alainbryden 7 12 0.583 3
nforcer06164 7 12 0.583 5
GuidoHunter 7 14 0.500 3
Chardish 6 9 0.667 2
Roopert 6 9 0.667 4
WhorliChan 6 9 0.667 5
QreepyBORIS 6 12 0.500 2
evilbutterfly 6 14 0.429 2
Tps222 6 14 0.429 2
HansSky 6 15 0.400 3
Mead1 5 10 0.500 4
flypie743 5 12 0.417 2
aperson 4 7 0.571 0
The_Q 4 7 0.571 4
CypherToorima 4 8 0.500 4
ImEric12 4 8 0.500 4
Flux_ 3 4 0.750 2
Eyespewgreekfire 3 6 0.500 1
CStarFlare 2 2 1.000 1
hydrojakep 2 2 1.000 1
Matthew4444 2 2 1.000 1
dAnceguy117 2 3 0.667 1
Snapps 2 4 0.500 1
stretchypanda 2 6 0.333 1
Omeganitros 2 7 0.286 1
Banditcom 1 1 1.000 0
Charlotte21 1 1 1.000 0
Demon_of_the_Comet 1 1 1.000 1
flawofhumanity 1 1 1.000 0
Kagome 1 1 1.000 0
M-A-C 1 1 1.000 1
Tasuke 1 1 1.000 1
TSAGod 1 1 1.000 0
zildjian113 1 1 1.000 0
Emccky 1 2 0.500 0
FishFishRevolution 1 2 0.500 1
JenovaSephiroth 1 2 0.500 0
Kenzya 1 2 0.500 1
Lupin_the_3rd 1 2 0.500 1
Moogy 1 2 0.500 0
Spheroid 1 2 0.500 0
Torlock 1 2 0.500 0
Tsuteto 1 2 0.500 1
Vashthestampede0987 1 2 0.500 0
87x 1 3 0.333 0
Aleco 1 3 0.333 0
Deltro333111 1 3 0.333 0
Gamepro17616 1 3 0.333 0
MreSqueek 1 3 0.333 1
Neonatrias 1 3 0.333 1
Cenright 1 4 0.250 0
djshox 1 4 0.250 1
Jpec07 0 1 0.000 0
SpaceBoy492 0 1 0.000 0
tnyhwk900 0 1 0.000 0
Verruckter 0 1 0.000 0
Psychis25 0 2 0.000 0
Sleeplessdragn 0 4 0.000 0

Finally, if anyone wants statistical evidence as to why any one player is good or bad, ask me. I can provide it.

Basically... your reasons for wanting a point system is not what it should be. And eb, feel free to talk to me more about a more detailed system, that encorporates activity as well. Get it working, it could be implimented.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #27
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Also... my spreadsheet is not skewed in any way whatsoever, and fuck off for trying to say that. Everything I keep track of (and potentially would keep track of in a point system) is 100% accurate. People doubting that would do multiple things... Make people not want the system, not trust the system, it would piss me off and make me not want to do it (or at least not show it to anyone). All bad things for everyone else.

Finally, why is EVERYTHING revolved around me. A point system is (again) to push people to not be inactive... not for me to brag about or for anyone else to either. Team wins is a perfectly good way of keeping track of how well you play. Just look at the top 4. The one anomaly (IMO) is Jurs... but I can't really explain why her percentage is so high.

So, for the last time... Point system will only be implimented if we can make it to push people to be more active. Very few care to have a point system to further their e-penis. Even I don't. I'm quite content with my level of TWG-penis.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #28
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Also... my spreadsheet is not skewed in any way whatsoever, and $*%# off for trying to say that.
You don't understand what he's saying. It's statistics. Like I said in my basketball example, people can choose to stress or forget whichever stats they want to make themselves look better. It's a simple enough idea that pretty much any statistic can be gathered to serve any purpose. Obviously, if you're presenting statistics concerning yourself you'll choose ones that show you in the best light. It's just the way we humans roll, yo.

Quote:
Finally, why is EVERYTHING revolved around me.
Our discussion was not "Why Tass wants the point system" it was why Afro and I felt the way we do. Part of his feelings are that you would brag more (because, if you couldn't tell, we REALLY FREAKING HATE IT WHEN YOU DO THAT) and part of my feelings are that I would have more to counter-brag with. It's not that everything is focused on you, it's that you annoy us, and each of us had different views on how the point system would affect your levels of annoyingness. We talked about other things with the point system, you just happen to be in that part of the convo.

PS: Post a screenshot of your spreadsheet, since these forums apparently don't allow tabbed things.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #29
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

I sort of think that if you really care about points and letting everyone know how awesome you are, do like Tass and make a long sig about your many TWG accomplishments.

Then even people outside of the TWG forum can see how cool you are.

I'm being totally serious.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:52 PM   #30
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

You see, Amanda, that's why I want the point system made official. When it's official, some officially appointed person will do all the stat gathering for me and I can still be lazy.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:01 AM   #31
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

aka... Tass will do the work for eb. *shrugs*

As I've said... make a point system, I'll work on it with you, and we'll talk to the rest of TWC about it. If you want something like this, you're going to have to work a little for it.

Also... scroll down the forum a little, after twg18 I posted a thread with 3 different SSs of my spreadsheet. Its missing 19-22, but its better than nothing...

eb: 6 team wins in 14 games played, 2 games survived. Ranked 16th in terms of team wins... tied with TPS.
Old 11-1-2005, 11:22 PM   #32
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

16th out of how many? And how many people are tied for 1st and 5th and 9th above me? XD And 2 games survived sucks. It's totally not my fault they kill me for no reason.

But uh, do you like my basic outline of things that would be given points? If we just assign values to those things it would be pretty easy to start counting points, starting next game.

Old 11-1-2005, 11:46 PM   #33
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

1st is me, at 12. 2nd is Kilga, LD, and Blah at 11. 5th is Jurs at 9. 6th is Kefit at 8. 7th is Afro, Talisman, Alain, nforcer, guido at 7. You're tied for 12th if you go JUST by wins... if you break it down in terms of games played to get the wins, Chardish, Roopert, and Whorli are all 6/9 for 12th. 15th is Qreepy at 6/12. You and TPS are 16th at 6/14.

Ask me on AIM, I'll send you the whole spreadsheet. Its fun to look through.
Old 11-2-2005, 05:30 AM   #34
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Woo. I have a 50-50 ratio.

I am so worthless, hahaha.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote